TJ09

2011-12-14 - 2011 Holiday Event

Love the new story and the new ornaments (especially the snow flake). I love the bow on my wreath badge too.

For some reason, there is no "next" button on my page six.

"My friends were able to hear it at first, but one year, the bell would fall silent for each of them. Even my little sister, one day, found that she could" And that's where it ends for me. Is that just a glitch on mine?

EDIT: I had to zoom out a little and it appeared on the page for me.

Edited by Justarius

Actually, that quote was posted earlier by someone (I think) on this thread, and was stated to have been taken from an IRC discussion about this year's festivities.

I'm talking about this part:

That, is from last year. I doubt we get new prize dragons this year, but more CB Tinsels.

Was it TJ himself who stated that these would be Old Prizes?

Because these are the statements labelled in this quote as being from TJ, with the question from the person specified as being answered, and it does - as phrased - leave room for speculation.

TJ09 Moonlightelf, same distribution as last year. ...

7:41 kerri so do we definitely know that they're tinsels again? o.O ...

17:42 TJ09 kerri, nope, just that there's 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, and runner up.

For some reason, there is no "next" button on my page six.

"My friends were able to hear it at first, but one year, the bell would fall silent for each of them. Even my little sister, one day, found that she could" And that's where it ends for me. Is that just a glitch on mine?

It continues on to the end for me.

edit: This is the ending paragraph

My friends were able to hear it at first, but one year, the bell would fall silent for each of them. Even my little sister, one day, found that she could no longer hear the bell’s sweet peal. But the bell still rings for me, as it always has, because only believers can ever hear its chiming music.
Edited by rubyshoes

That is the end of the story. The Polar Express is very similar. It's quite possibly my most favorite child hood story.

Thank you to the kind person that replied to me! I thought/wanted there must have been more to the story!

a friend of mine can't see the end either.

She said that it just ends abruptly a few words more then the last poster has, but not by much.

My friends were able to hear it at first, but one year, the bell would fall silent for each of them. Even my little sister, one day, found that she could no longer hear the bell’s sweet peal. But the bell

That's where it ends for her.

She thinks it's a Firefox thing, it's fine on chrome.

Edited by Miroku-Kun

No more Christmas sprites? I don't know when they changed last time. o-o

I don't know about the first night, but last night, they didn't change until about 3-4am Eastern Time. Well that's when I noticed it anyway. xd.png

I don't know about the first night, but last night, they didn't change until about 3-4am Eastern Time. Well that's when I noticed it anyway. xd.png

I don't know if they're really new or I just haven't seen them yet but Embers, Waters, BBWs and Albinos all have decorations now. I love the BBW recolor. :3

That's when I noticed that's why I asked. O_o

Loved the Christmas Carol version.

Reminded me instantly of the Muppet version.

The Polar Express...best summary up of the movie version.

BUT, wait, there's more: 2 errors (I think) on the 2nd to last page.

The sentence should read: "Would you like "to" (instead of "the") receive the First Gift of Christmas?"

And the second one is the next sentance: "I could"NT" speak; instead of could. The next sentence kinda (maybe) contradicts the first one in that paragraph. smile.gif

But, great stories so far and I hope to see more good ones.

I read all three stories, but out of the last two...I only got Green and Blue decorations. But I went back to the first story, clicked "Table of Contents" and didn't get anything after clicking the wreath...Did I misss something?

Edited by Spyrofan2000

The story was awesome, and I love the new blue decorations happy.gif Added some to my wreath, which now looks overburdened with them xd.png Got 2 or more decorations of each color so far on it :3 I also noticed the little red bow on the wreath badge biggrin.gif

I love the recolors on some of the sprites. Wish we could have them as alt versions. I love this event overall and am glad I'm here for it.

So that's what the Pygmies are doing! I like them more after this story. laugh.gif And what was the little kid? I've never seen a dark blue European-style dragon and he DEFINITELY was no Split..

AND THE BLUE!! I will now go and re-decorate my wreath.

Ooooooh my. I love some of these Holiday alts. So gorgeous! Great job spriters! And the stories are cute! Now to figure out how to decorate my wreath... Don't want a repeat of my tree. xd.png

Do you have to visit each day? I'm confused? It's not letting me get the first two sets...

Yes. You have to visit each day to get each set of ornaments. If you didn't visit the first two days, then you will not be able to get those ornaments.

Do you have to visit each day? I'm confused? It's not letting me get the first two sets...

You need to click on the story between midnight and 23:59 EST on the day it's released.

I never really liked the movie, but love the Dragcave version of the Polar Express happy.gif

It's official. Dragons make everything better o3o

The stories are getting interesting day by day. I loved the third one. The Pygmies working as li'l elfs suits perfectly.

Also tons of new decorations are appearing each day. Updating my wreath everyday with those new ones :3

wow, the Polar Express!!! it's the first story I'm familiar with smile.gif great interpretation!

the bow on my wreath-badge, yay xd.png

and I really do love the blue decorations. haven't yet used them on my wreath though. I wonder if we'll ever get something of pink colour or is it not enough Christmasy. pink is my favourite colour biggrin.gif I think it'll go perfect with blue smile.gif