TJ09

2011-12-14 - 2011 Holiday Event

I keep looking but there seem to be no Hollys, but is a large amount of the other holiday dragons.

I just want to know why the Hollys are so rare?

I keep looking but there seem to be no Hollys, but is a large amount of the other holiday dragons.

I just want to know why the Hollys are so rare?

In 2007 when the Hollies were first released DC was much smaller. There were fewer users around and thus very few Hollies were created by the cave. Even with breeding multi-clutches (when they do), the supply just can't keep up with the massive number of users who now want one.

Edited by diannethegeek

I think it will take up a yulebuck slot for the two weeks it takes a kill egg to disappear from a scroll. You can also check the breed limits under help and see when it goes from 2 to 1 for yulebuck.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if it would be the 2 weeks the shell is there or the 24 hours it takes up a slot. I checked the help page and it says I only have 1 huh.gif I'll be breeding my adult on Christmas eve or day, so I'll just see if it let me keeps one or not.

The new sprites really are lovely. the Waterhorse is my new favourite, I think. But I love the others too! And the poor Autumn! she got trampled by reindeer. xd.png

The new sprites really are lovely. the Waterhorse is my new favourite, I think. But I love the others too! And the poor Autumn! she got trampled by reindeer. xd.png

So those are reindeer tracks. Poor babies.

Ohhh sad!

I was looking at my Yulebuck's lineage, and the owner of their parent has TWO DEAD HOLLY eggs ;_:

Poor person must have been view-bombed.

edit by rubyshoes - please don't double post, use the edit button to edit your previous post

Edited by rubyshoes

Awww fooie...I missed out on all the stories of old...unless there's a way you can get previous ornaments?

Poor person must have been view-bombed.

That's happens a lot around this time of year. I saw a person yesterday who caught a holly, only to have it die of sickness. They were lucky enough to get another one, but still...

Awww fooie...I missed out on all the stories of old...unless there's a way you can get previous ornaments?

Nope :/

That's happens a lot around this time of year. I saw a person yesterday who caught a holly, only to have it die of sickness. They were lucky enough to get another one, but still...

Do people do that to be mean?

My first Holly should be grown up by tomorrow night im so excited!!

Love the water horses Alt. sprite. I really hope we can keep the differant male female sprite for the Tangars. They look so much better that way! smile.gif

Do people do that to be mean?

No, it's usually just someone being stupid and putting the egg in a fansite right away, so it gets too many views too soon and gets softshell and dies.

Just picked up a Pink with a very intresting lineage....

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ZJSTl

If the punnett square is true, shouldn't that mean I have a chance of getting a silver tinsel if I bred my pink or am I taking DC too seriously tongue.gif ?

Mmm, hopefully I don't get done for spamming. This isn't exactly holiday discussion is it?

Edited by Ashywolf

Just picked up a Pink with a very intresting lineage....

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ZJSTl

If the punnett square is true, shouldn't that mean I have a chance of getting a silver tinsel if I bred my pink or am I taking DC too seriously  tongue.gif ?

If you breed it with a silver! laugh.gif

EDIT: ninja.gif 'd

Edited by velvotg

Reminder:

This is not a chat thread. Be sure your posts are relevant for the topic of the News thread.

Replying to spam/chat is also spam.

*eye roll*

Been trying again to get a Holly. I haven't seen one all day today. Hopefully more people are waiting until Sunday.

My Yulebuck, Snow Angel, and Holly have hatched. Now I need my Ribbon Dancer to hatch tonight. They haven't gotten sick yet, (is traffic slowing down?) but do you think I should hide them before I go to bed? And my Ribbon Dancer WILL hatch tonight, won't it?

My Yulebuck, Snow Angel, and Holly have hatched. Now I need my Ribbon Dancer to hatch tonight. They haven't gotten sick yet, (is traffic slowing down?) but do you think I should hide them before I go to bed? And my Ribbon Dancer WILL hatch tonight, won't it?

Here's a thread that you might be interested in reading (it might also help answer your question). http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=129050

I'm still praying to find a Holly... but my reactions aren't that great so and neither is my internet so I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

But I totally LOVE all the dressed up dragons... all those who helped with that are awesome! Great job...

And I totally LOVE the chicken... I had to laugh!

Thanks, I wasn't sure if it would be the 2 weeks the shell is there or the 24 hours it takes up a slot. I checked the help page and it says I only have 1 huh.gif I'll be breeding my adult on Christmas eve or day, so I'll just see if it let me keeps one or not.

if the holiday breed limit page says you are at 1 then you can get another NOW.

While I too am still AP hunting for a Holly, I am absolutely overjoyed at a different egg I managed to catch, so if I have to go Holly-less for another year so be it =) Dem Hollies ain't gon' get me down.