TJ09

2011-12-14 - 2011 Holiday Event

My alt vine is growing a poinsettia! xd.png I love it. And the waterhorses and the stone dragons today!

I want to keep the Christmas costumes foreverrrr

Edit: and the banana ornament is win. We always put a pickle on our tree too.

Edited by inlaterdays

I like today's ornaments. So cute. smile.gif

Bdw, how should we see the competiton tickets, and why some users have different silver wreath badge? blink.gif

I like today's ornaments. So cute. smile.gif

Bdw, how should we see the competiton tickets, and why some users have different silver wreath badge? blink.gif

Silver wreath = contributer

For example, i did some of the sprite recolors so i get one. Some people just wrote stories or just made ornaments and they got one.

Ah, ok. I thought it's the different specie of wreath able for all users. xd.png

And the tickets? We obviously can't see them? ninja.gif

Ah, ok. I thought it's the different specie of wreath able for all users. xd.png

And the tickets? We obviously can't see them? ninja.gif

the little presents next to your stories are your tickets.. at least the sign you got the ticket tongue.gif

biggrin.gif Hah!My alt black is unwrapping from a gift too! wub.gif This is awufully weet!And the banana with the ribbon is just....crazy! And I love it laugh.gif

How many different types of holiday dragons are there?

Currently four, the Holly Dragon from 2007, the Yulebuck from 2008, the Snow Angel from 2009, and then the Ribbon Dancer more from 2010. This year, a new Holiday Dragon will be released. You can only have a maximum of two for each kind. I'll mention that most people have already bred their holiday dragons and you likely will have to wait until next year to grab more than a couple.

the little presents next to your stories are your tickets.. at least the sign you got the ticket tongue.gif

Oh thanks for this. I was starting to worry I was doing something wrong smile.gif

I love the dress up so much, I wish we could have more event like this. Thx all the contributers and spriters. You did such an amazing job this year. xd.png

I just decided to check my scroll for any new alt sprites and saw the stone dragons. I burst out laughing. They are so adorable! laugh.gif And I love the little seasonals too....getting into the winter spirit I suppose biggrin.gif I can't wait to see which ones come next! I am especially impressed by the male sunset (the recolor is beautiful) and the ridgewings (gorgeous palette choices), thouigh I have to say the pygmies are my favorites right now. smile.gif Keep up the great work, spriters!

<snip>I'll mention that most people have already bred their holiday dragons and you likely will have to wait until next year to grab more than a couple.

Not entirely correct.

A lot of users do hold off breeding until either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, plus the AP is either trickling or flooded with Christmas eggs on and off all day. I know, I'm sitting here staring at it endlessly.

I've held off on my breeding because my work schedule has been nuts and I've been more worried holly hunting.... so I just plain forgot. I'll be doing my holiday breeding tonight.

Edited by razi

Currently four, the Holly Dragon from 2007, the Yulebuck from 2008, the Snow Angel from 2009, and then the Ribbon Dancer more from 2010. This year, a new Holiday Dragon will be released. You can only have a maximum of two for each kind. I'll mention that most people have already bred their holiday dragons and you likely will have to wait until next year to grab more than a couple.

Thank you. I have the yellow one that has red and green stripes. I also have the snowy blue one with snowflakes around it. I had a third but it was sick and I accidently killed it instead of clicking hide...O_o

Thank you. I have the yellow one that has red and green stripes. I also have the snowy blue one with snowflakes around it. I had a third but it was sick and I accidently killed it instead of clicking hide...O_o

The snowy blue one with snowflakes is not actually a holiday egg--it's a winter seasonal egg, and those are available all through the winter season.

Not entirely correct.

A lot of users do hold off breeding until either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, plus the AP is either trickling or flooded with Christmas eggs on and off all day. I know, I'm sitting here staring at it endlessly.

I've held off on my breeding because my work schedule has been nuts and I've been more worried holly hunting.... so I just plain forgot. I'll be doing my holiday breeding tonight.

Very true. I held mine off until today, when I knew I could drop them over a period of time. I wanted to let them go before Christmas so that people could collect them before the christmas release. I released 23 in all (Yay! laugh.gif )... 8 angels, 7 yules, 5 ribbons, and 3 hollies. The best part? All the people who caught them (that I could see) totally deserved them! Most of them had no holiday eggs, no eggs of that species, or simply a small number of dragons! It makes me really happy to see them distributed like that biggrin.gif

Now to decorate the wreath more... I love the design I made! smile.gif

EDIT; I also saw many tricklings of holiday dragons in the AP while I was dropping eggs. I would have caught some if I already had two of each.... so now is a good time to go hunting!

Edited by saphirekestrel

I'm rather pleased that i at least managed to catch one myself after a lot of people had gone of the AP xd.png So i don't feel extremely lazy now because my other 5 were gifted to me by very generous people. There is still chance to grab eggs, they just aren't coming in massive quantiles like at the beginning of the week but you do probably have more of a chance of grabbing them now seen as most of the fast clickers have gone hence why i managed to grab my last Yule. But catching a Holly is probably still nearly impossible :/

love the stories and the ornaments for the latest two days smile.gif

lol seasonal hatchies look funny now xd.png

and yes I'm still hunting for a Holly. I must be crazy.

Goodness, there are a lot of Christmas eggs dropping on the AP - a couple of rows of them.

They're mainly Snow Angels, but also some Ribbon Dancers and Yule Bucks - no Hollies as yet.

*Wanders back*

The Water Horses <3<3<3 So lovely!

Also the skiing Stone dragons really cracked me up. Seems pretty dangerous to anything in their path. xd.png

I'm also holding my breedings until the 24th or 25th, except for Christmas IOUs I gave, but these were only two dragons. My cute holly hatchling gendered already! biggrin.gif

I gave up trying to grab a Holly off the AP. A friend of mine was gifted one so I guess I'll just wait until next year and get one of the ones she breeds.

Well I have seen about 10 Hollies that are gendered at 5d19h and mine are at 5d10h so I posted them and now all I can hope for is that they gender right. smile.gifwub.gif

I loved the todays story I want to keep the little red dragon it was so cute! And Im loving the yellow ornaments, spriters your doing a Great job!

Counting down the days till our awesome new dragon arrives! smile.gifsmile.gif

Dont give up on on hunting there are still Hollies to be had. smile.gif

Good Luck Everyone

Edited by majors