TJ09

2011-10-27 - Haunted House Event

Just when I started stressing because I couldn't find the last item, I found it. LOL. So I've got 40/40 and my badge! Great work artist(s) and story writer(s)!

i read chacuano's way to get the chicken went to do it messed up clicked the wrong one but i got the chicken on the main trail

So... after completing the quest, go back to the hidden room, then back to the main path?

Yeah.

That way the chicken will go across your way on the main path.

Ok guys, I am completely lost. Help!

I have no idea how to find the attic, basement... secret door.. helps!

Edit: found the attic but not the basement.

Edited by Tejas

The cemetary just scared me to death (almost) when suddenly there was a familiar name in the text. blink.gif Then my first thought was "what, that's my cat's name, wtf?", before finally my brain remembered that it also happens to be my scroll name and that fact might have something to do with the name's appearing in the text. laugh.gif

You're missing the chicken:

First, go to the basement again, as if you were to enter the secret cave, door will be gone, now, return to main path, the chicken will come across your path

I can't find the basement anymore xd.png where was it?

Ok guys, I am completely lost. Help!

I have no idea how to find the attic, basement... secret door.. helps!

Ballroom > Living Room > Hallway > Heavy Door > Basement biggrin.gif

got the chicken biggrin.gif

You go to the door, then right back to the starting point and then follow the main trail xd.png

just have to get the chicken now.

Me too. Just completed the quest. biggrin.gif

That was fun, thanks a lot TJ and the others!

Yay, thanks for the help guys- done now. Once I found the chandelier it was all smooth sailing. The rainbow chicken is adorable.

The skull was the first thing I got when I got the sword...

And I really need the green dog. I'm gonna play the piano.

woohoo 40/40 thanks to all those guys working on this. Really funny. I liked it^^

Wait I can't open the heavy door and some other doors but I don't know where else to go! I think I went everywhere but that heavy door!

I have 39, I'm missing the dog on the parchment, how do you get it? sad.gif

I already have the chicken... sad.gif

Wait I can't open the heavy door and some other doors but I don't know where else to go! I think I went everywhere but that heavy door!

You need the book of spells found in the greenhouse workroom. biggrin.gif

Yay! Finally found all 39 items and the chicken!

Did anyone else notice that the end of the URL when you find the chicken is 1337? That amused me to no end.

Thank you TJ for bringing us such an awesome event!

I have all 40 items and have completed the quest, but I'm still getting the more things to find message.

The comet. It's in the observatory above the attic. Where do you get the chicken? It's the only think I'm missing >.<

Found it! Thanks!

You'll have to stay on the main path as though you're leaving the area for good. I think you can only get the chicken after you've completed the story, though. :yes:

Quick Cheat Sheet for common missing items

Hints are listed in italics

Spoilers are underneath in white text <-- Spoilers

I'm missing a lot of things

Have you searched the house from top to bottom?

There are lots of items in the attic and the basement.

The attic is reached by going upstairs from the balcony outside the dining room/kitchen.

The basement is reached by going through the "dark door" from the hallway, that you probably couldn't pass the first time you found it.

It's too dark to go to the attic

Where are common sources of light in an old mansion?

You can't die in this adventure, so don't be afraid to try things you wouldn't do at home.

Hanging from chandeliers sounds fun... There's one that might be within reach, from the balcony above the ballroom...

I can't find the green dragon/dog thing

Practice makes perfect. Have you practiced the piano lately?

Ballroom --> Play Piano --> Investigate Flash --> Take Parchment --> Dead Rat

The Dead Rat is found in the basement.

Chicken???

If you've already gone through from beginning to end, try going from the end back to the beginning.

Go to the "secret room" in the basement, to discover that it's no longer there.

Then work your way back to the first part of the adventure, and take the main path.

Edited by SolarCat

I need to find the green dog. Help? EDIT: Nevermind. I didn't know you needed the rat.

And the message stays on for you to explore areas that were not important, but you haven't explored them anyways, e.g. the guest room. I think.

Edited by caramba2654