TJ09

2011-10-27 - Haunted House Event

I suspect the only way to get the rainbow chicken is to have already collected the other 39 items. It didn't show up for me when I had 37 items, but did when I went back to following the main path after I'd gotten up to 39. Maybe that explains why some people had gone back to the wooded area after finishing the main mansion quest, and still didn't get the chicken.

This could be true. I've noticed that some of the items people have show up in a different order from the screen shots they post. In order of finding? The chicken always seems to be the last thing.

Alright, I'm REALLY stuck.

I am not allowed to go upstairs or outside of the kitchen because I "don't have a light source" despite the fact that apparently I was given a lit candle. I have no idea where this basement is or what is going on now; I have backtracked many times and can't find any kind of light source or method to get through these darkened areas.

These are the items I have.

Items

Any suggestions?

Actually you don't have a lit candle in your inventory, and you should.

Unfortunately, I don't remember where to find it.

I love how I get the little dragon on the parchment, but then I'm stuck. I have 38/40 items and I know one of them is the rainbow chicken. But I have no clue what the last item is and how to get it D:

Can anyone help me? I've been trying this on my own for awhile now...

Did you find the dragon skull yet?

Unfortunately, I don't remember where I found that. I mainly just made an attempt to look at everything.

I think the dragon skull was in the garden. You hav eto have the sword, and you hit the Vine and you'll pick it up.

*is wondering if anybody has made a tiny Halloween 2011 picture to add to signature*

Did you find the dragon skull yet?

Unfortunately, I don't remember where I found that. I mainly just made an attempt to look at everything.

Yeah I found the dragon skull.

I'd screenshot the items I do have but idk how to do it on a mac lol

After you get the sword, go to the garden and follow the rustling.

EDIT: BLARGH, NINJA'D.

Edited by Ruins

How can we veiw what other people have collected or is that not set up yet?

Basement??

I'm still looking for that darn chicken!! 39/40 - got the badge!

Thanks to TJ and everyone who worked on this! IT WAS FANTASTIC!!

I enjoyed reading the description and using things I found to do other stuff...

I was hoping that the bones and bits would come together and re-animate. *sigh*

Good idea for next year smile.gif

*off to find that darn chicken*

I THINK it's something around the guardrail/balcony in the ballroom, but I can't be sure

I suspect the only way to get the rainbow chicken is to have already collected the other 39 items. It didn't show up for me when I had 37 items, but did when I went back to following the main path after I'd gotten up to 39. Maybe that explains why some people had gone back to the wooded area after finishing the main mansion quest, and still didn't get the chicken.

I've got the rainbow chicken, and I only have 39 items. I don't know what i'm missing yet, this is what I have: My inventory link

I'm going crazy trying to figure it out, any help or hints would be greatly appreciated.

Yay, 40/40 now!

That's a really nice event and a lovely story, I completed it without reading through the topic here (except the rainbow chicken).

TJ and spriters, thanks really much! Even if this doesn't take as long as the trick or treat, it's still really much fun.

Any way to get the pygmy on my scroll? laugh.gif

After you do THE IMPORTANT THING, you have to go back to the basement, then back out to the woods and follow the main path to get the chicken.

And by the way. That should totally be a chicken alt. xd.png

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Chicken only shows up after you've finished the whole thing, don't know if you can finish the quest without all 39 other things, as the 39th thing I found was deffinitely something needed for the quest, whereas some things seemed to never get used (the jar of eyes, for instance, and the food from the dining room?).

Anyway, I have to add that this was a GREAT event you had made, and thankfully a million times more exciting than the wait-and-gather-and-wait even of last year! smile.gif

Oh yeah. And the pygmy we found should totally be a real pygmy breed. Oooh...Is this going to be a new pygmy release surprise preview!? biggrin.gif

I've got the rainbow chicken, and I only have 39 items. I don't know what i'm missing yet, this is what I have: My inventory link

I'm going crazy trying to figure it out, any help or hints would be greatly appreciated.

Head to the living room, investigate the flash and give the rat to the creature guarding the parchment

your missing the little green dragon sitting on the parchment. he sorry for the spoiler is somewhere in the attic or the place with the telescope (cant remember what its called.)

The little green dog dragon and scroll.

That's the thing; when I went up there it said that I took the candle, and in fact I believe at a later date it described me using the candle to look at something.

Urgh, I'm hopelessly stuck and I'm almost sure its stupidly simple. I'm missing 6 items, 5 excluding the chicken which I know I can't get till the end.

If anyone wants to pm me and send me into the right direction I'd be super appreciative. Here's a screenie of my inventory.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2a0gwgz.jpg

Where did you get the item next to the candle? Because I think that's the one I need.