dragon_mando

5 Hour Wait and Teleport

Should 5 Hr. Teleport Wait be Removed?  

432 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

^ from reading a thread on removing the wait entirely. For Teleport alone, I'm okay with the idea of removing wait time. Abuse is minimal there. You can't just "dump" a cave blocker prematurely unless someone immediately wants it. And that's win-win from what I can see. Unless it stops said receiver from picking up that same species from the cave. But the first one would only hit the AP later anyways.

I guess that depends on how people define "abuse". Because scooping up and abandoning cave blockers is only part of what the wait does. It also takes players who can more easily grab rares and uncommons out of the equation for a while to give other players a chance.

Personally, I admit that the removal of the wait time would help me out a lot. But that's really only because I would go to drops, pull out a bunch of uncommons and rares, come back here and arrange hatchling or IOU trades and then go back and do it all over again the next hour. There's also lots of commons I want and I'd have no problem trading rarer eggs for an agreement to get some, hatch them, and then send them to me almost grown. And you'd be amazed at how quickly you can set up trades if you're not looking for something specific.

I think that people may be underestimating how often the wait locks people out of cave hunting. I get shut out because of the wait quite often. And as frustrating as that can be, I know that's a good thing for other players, because I'm nowhere near the best hunter around here, but I manage to pull out a lot of rares, and the only reason I skip over most things like Trios and Blacks is because of the wait.

So you're right in that it probably wouldn't be a problem in regard to cave blockers, but for people who were trying to hunt uncommon or rare eggs, this could put them at a distinct disadvantage.

I would really love it to have the 5 hour wait removed for teleport.

Just now I'm waiting for an egg to cooldown, so I can teleport it... and its quite annoying.

Ah, oops, sorry, forgot this existed, I agree with the voting population of the 155 Teleport Remove- but keep abandon waiting one...

If the five-hour wait stands with the AP but is removed for teleport, I would be completely okay with this. This would save a lot of hassle for a lot of people. Besides, isn't the wait is to keep people from dumping eggs they don't want? Not really for receiving eggs they do want? This proposal seems like a great idea.

If the five-hour wait stands with the AP but is removed for teleport, I would be completely okay with this. This would save a lot of hassle for a lot of people. Besides, isn't the wait is to keep people from dumping eggs they don't want? Not really for receiving eggs they do want? This proposal seems like a great idea.

As I mentioned above, the wait also forces people out of the cave for a while. If I'm grabbing rares, at some point I'm forced to stop simply because of the limits on my scroll. If I can teleport right away then I can get an egg, trade it, get an egg, trade it, and so on. Because I often trade for Tinsels and don't mind taking hatchling IOUs, my scroll would be relatively free to do that over and over. And it really doesn't take all that long to set up trades for a lot of rares/uncommons, especially when you're willing to take IOUs.

skauble: I should probably re-suggested this four that Reason.

But Also lets say you have gold, so you can have Max 7 eggs, and you Max them out, then you you use Tele and trade them off, its fine. As long as its going to another home, and not the AP in my opinion. Also you need Magi's to teleport and not everyone has 100 Magi's, so it wouldn't be abused to much, and if you have 100 magi's, well, abuse it IMO, you earned the right after collecting that many.

@OP: Just a suggestion:

Maybe make it so remove the 5 hour Tele-wait but add an 5 hour wait in collecting eggs in the Cave, but can collect in the AP after you collected your trophy lmit instead.

Example: My limit is 5, I get my 5 eggs, and 4 turn, 1 repulse, and 1 died. I'm scroll locked. So, I get a trade and trade them off. But because I was egg locked, I have to wait 5 hours to hunt in the cave again, but can go to the AP and hunt all I want.

I must say I think eggs should be able to be offered on teleports or put into a new teleport link, but the trade should not be able to go through until the 5 hour wait is over - i.e. others should not be able to accept the trade until the egg is off cooldown. There are simply too many ways to have real or imagined "friends" or "family" to have scrolls to teleport unwanted eggs onto to avoid 5 hour wait imo. However, being able to offer a newly picked egg up for trade to accept offers later would be immensely helpful.

I must say I think eggs should be able to be offered on teleports or put into a new teleport link, but the trade should not be able to go through until the 5 hour wait is over - i.e. others should not be able to accept the trade until the egg is off cooldown. There are simply too many ways to have real or imagined "friends" or "family" to have scrolls to teleport unwanted eggs onto to avoid 5 hour wait imo. However, being able to offer a newly picked egg up for trade to accept offers later would be immensely helpful.

This I really like and would be more comfortable with!

I think we should at least be able to set up the teleport right away, but prefer the idea of being able to teleport them immediately.

For those concerned with Teleporting eggs to "family" or "friends" to free up scroll space and just keep hunting...

Perhaps, instead of a 5-hour wait to accept, there could be a limit to the number of times you're allowed to teleport an egg before the 5-hour limit is up, and once you hit that limit you have to wait until the 5 hours is up, and that limit could refresh every so often?

Perhaps X per day, or X per Y hours? Or like X per week or something?

That would allow for a reasonable limitation for the person who finds something nice and wants to trade it right away every so often while preventing people from just emptying the cave while rare-hunting.

People who are passing eggs off to fictional family members are already breaking the rules. They'll hopefully be caught and punished, but there's no need to cripple a useful feature for the majority because a few cheaters might attempt to abuse it. As long as the 5 hour abandon limit stays in place I don't think it'd hurt to be able to trade sooner.

This is the idea I would definitely go for.

This gives the benefits of getting the egg out there to either offer on trades or to take offers on, and it also allows for sending gifting links, but it completely eliminates all of the potential abuse or people's ability to over-hunt, so to speak.

The 5 hour wait serves a number of purposes, and this gives people the flexibility of allowing the player to set everything up right away without sidestepping current restrictions.

People who are passing eggs off to fictional family members are already breaking the rules. They'll hopefully be caught and punished, but there's no need to cripple a useful feature for the majority because a few cheaters might attempt to abuse it. As long as the 5 hour abandon limit stays in place I don't think it'd hurt to be able to trade sooner.

What about people passing them off to real friends and family members? I have friends who play the game and a family member. There are a lot of times that one or all of us aren't full up on eggs. Why wouldn't I scoop up lots of blockers and then send them to people with spaces open so that they could dump them in the 5 hours, which basically removes any discouragement of picking up mass amounts of eggs just to dump them and it floods the AP with the eggs I didn't mind clearing because there was no waiting period?

After all, if the wait is removed and the other scrolls aren't mine, then I'm perfectly within my rights and the rules to shuffle eggs around to people willing to take and dump them.

What about people passing them off to real friends and family members? I have friends who play the game and a family member. There are a lot of times that one or all of us aren't full up on eggs. Why wouldn't I scoop up lots of blockers and then send them to people with spaces open so that they could dump them in the 5 hours, which basically removes any discouragement of picking up mass amounts of eggs just to dump them and it floods the AP with the eggs I didn't mind clearing because there was no waiting period?

After all, if the wait is removed and the other scrolls aren't mine, then I'm perfectly within my rights and the rules to shuffle eggs around to people willing to take and dump them.

Honestly I... still wouldn't care. It's going to end up in the AP regardless, I've always felt the five hour wait was kind of pointless. A shorter wait would still prevent people from crazy grabbing/discarding, which is the main point.

On that note, maybe it could be an hour before you could teleport an egg? That would make things faster while still causing significantly disruptive slowdown to people who just want to shuttle away unwanteds to less active family members.

Barring that, being able to offer but not actually transfer eggs for five hours would be the next thing-if and only if there was something in the trade to identify the time remaining before a trade could be completed.

This is the idea I would definitely go for.

This gives the benefits of getting the egg out there to either offer on trades or to take offers on, and it also allows for sending gifting links, but it completely eliminates all of the potential abuse or people's ability to over-hunt, so to speak.

The 5 hour wait serves a number of purposes, and this gives people the flexibility of allowing the player to set everything up right away without sidestepping current restrictions.

So much this. I don't have any friends or family that play, but I always try to get people interested ad give them some nice eggs to start out with, explain the rules. What if I caught something nice and didn't want it at all? Why would I wait 5 hours? Why not 1?

I would really like the 5 hour wait for teleport to be removed or at least lessened. Sometimes I grab an egg for a friend or one I get a fast trade offer on and I am stuck with being egglocked for 5 hours until I am able to move it. I don't know about you guys, but it always seems when I have to wait for an egg to cool down to give it away, I miss something I have been wanting for my own scroll dry.gif

One time, I got surprised with an egg that needed to be grabbed ASAP. It was right after I went cave diving and got myself egglocked for 5 hours! I had to explain to this awesome person that was giving me a great egg that I couldn't get it for another 4.5 hours. She was great and she held my gift for me leaving herself egglocked for that time period as well. sad.gif

I definitely don't want the wait removed for abandoned because the AP would be overflowing with eggs! I totally am behind TJ and the gang on that point. I just want to be able to give away or trade an egg when I want to. I love to gift eggs to my friends, but I don't want to stay egglocked all the time smile.gif

Why not be able to teleport eggs on cooldown? That would help people who like to gift CB eggs to others, such as during the holidays. If the AP is a problem, then the cooldown could carry on to the recipient, with a message on the teleport stating, "WARNING! The egg in this teleport cannot be abandoned for X more hours!" if the egg has cooldown.

I searched and couldn't find a thread like this (Hard to manually search,a s the feature isn't here atm). Please delete if this is a duplicate :3

Because then during new releases fast people would keep grabbing, trading, and grabbing more without ever giving anyone else a shot?

Even if it was limited to one-way teleports, people could send eggs to people in exchange for IOUs.

It would help people gift, but it could cause harm, too.

Also this was suggested in the past, but as you say, with the search feature down I'm not sure if the other thread still exists.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Limiting it to one-way teleports would prevent IOUs from being made via forums with the cooldown eggs, as they are not allowed to be made.

Limiting it to one-way teleports would prevent IOUs from being made via forums with the cooldown eggs, as they are not allowed to be made.

People still make IOUs, mate. PMs. Signature advertisements. Private IRC channels. IOU forums. Email. There is no way to prevent this from being abused for IOUs.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Because then during new releases fast people would keep grabbing, trading, and grabbing more without ever giving anyone else a shot?

This, basically. This suggestion would help people *gift*, but what about all those people who are trying to catch at the cave, who *aren't* relying on gifting? With this suggestion, 1 person could, possibly, grab 50 limited release dragons, just keep gifting them off to friends, depriving cave-hunters.

No. No No No.

This, basically. This suggestion would help people *gift*, but what about all those people who are trying to catch at the cave, who *aren't* relying on gifting? With this suggestion, 1 person could, possibly, grab 50 limited release dragons, just keep gifting them off to friends, depriving cave-hunters.

No. No No No.

Exactly. Hunting new releases is already hard enough.

It might not make as much of a difference when the cave is back to normal, or during the Holidays with limits [correct me if I'm wrong with the Christmas/Valentine's thing], but it would still be so complicated.

Going off the subject of new releases, if this were to be done all the time, wouldn't it just encourage loads of people to teleport their cave misclicks off to second scrolls or whatever? There is a cool down period for a reason is all I'm saying.

I'd like the cooldown period shortened, but removing it would make things a bit unbalanced with new releases. Along with the Tan Ridgewings and Red Dorsals- they have a common color counterpart and if the cooldown was removed their worth would drop.