dragon_mando

5 Hour Wait and Teleport

Should 5 Hr. Teleport Wait be Removed?  

431 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I saw someone say a while ago that they thought a five hour cooldown was longer than some people's play sessions (where they don't play for more than five hours at a time / don't play for a while and then get to come back after five hours have passed). This makes sense to me so I support a reduction in cooldown time as I think usually or always having to wait til the next day to trade is a bit stifling.

Edited by diaveborn

Nice idea! (I think it's come up before, but that of course doesn't change the fact it's nice. happy.gifuser posted image)

Some thoughts (I don't personally think they're strictly necessary):

To combat people trying to get around the abandon cooldown with the feature, maybe it would be enough to be able to create a trade (offer on a trade) with the egg that's on cooldown, but not be able to complete the trade while the egg is on cooldown? In such a constellation, the egg could be annotated for the other party to make that clear.

Alternatively, like KageSora suggested, the cooldown could trade with the egg, so it's non-abandonable (but still tradeable) on the recipient's scroll, if still in that five hour window. (I guess that should also be clear in the trade dialogue! smile.gif )

To combat people trying to get around the abandon cooldown with the feature, maybe it would be enough to be able to create a trade (offer on a trade) with the egg that's on cooldown, but not be able to complete the trade while the egg is on cooldown? In such a constellation, the egg could be annotated for the other party to make that clear.

Alternatively, like KageSora suggested, the cooldown could trade with the egg, so it's non-abandonable (but still tradeable) on the recipient's scroll, if still in that five hour window. (I guess that should also be clear in the trade dialogue! smile.gif )

I like these ideas. If implemented this way, this is something I'd like to see. smile.gif

Personally I prefer this one as opposed to the other one. I feel that it'd work better and not do any harm. The issue with a trade not being able to be completed until the egg loses its 5 hour cool down seems to overcomplicate things and would most likely result in hindering those offers as the trade starter would most likely want to pick something they don't have to wait for. Or the dragon could grow up while the trade is on wait which might throw things off as well.

As for this topic coming up before, after some more thorough searching, I found two similar topics except that one appeared to be in the BSA section (unless I read wrong) and has lost activity, and the other was directed at removing cooldown entirely, which is not the goal of this suggestion.

I'd love to be able to create a trade or offer a freshly caught egg! And I think the teleport should not be completed while the egg is on cooldown so people won't get rid of unwanted eggs this way. (I'm not only thinking of multi-scrollers but I can also imagine people offering their scroll space in exchange of something. That would still be cheating in some way.)

I support this as well.

I recently had a case where this would have been helpful, someone was offering a cb low-time egg and was looking for a cb high-time-egg of the same breed, but I couldn't offer on the trade because my egg was still on cooldown. By the time I could have offered, the egg on the trade had hatched and the trade link expired. And I wanted an egg to influence it, so offering on the hatchie was not an option for me.

I see how people could abuse this feature to get around the abandon cooldown, and agree that it would make sense if the abandon option is not available during the first 5 hours no matter which scroll the egg is on.

Support from me, too. At least if the egg stays un-abandonable for the usual five hours. I mean, it works for repulsed vamps - so why not for traded eggs?

The problem is that fast catchers can then exploit the slow even more. Grabbed a full batch of Halloween eggs? Go trade them all for nice hatchlings or even IOUs, reload, repeat.

I don't know, is this really much of an issue? The new Holiday dragons of any given holiday are usually pretty easy to catch - and besides, we can't do more than collectively fill our scrolls.

The only situation where I can see this happening is with bred eggs of older holiday varieties. But since they don't have the 5 hour cooldown anyway, this is a moot point IMHO.

The problem is that fast catchers can then exploit the slow even more. Grabbed a full batch of Halloween eggs? Go trade them all for nice hatchlings or even IOUs, reload, repeat.

This would probably happen, but it would mean that gifters could gift even more quickly than before, too - and I see just as many of those as I see traders. So I think it evens out.

If the holidays are an issue, then have the restriction remain applicable to them only.

I would love to be able to set up the teleport or offer a fresh egg, but it should stay on the original scroll for the 5 hours.

I started a new thread about this because I hadn't found this one. I've been frustrated by having to wait before trading a few times now and I think that some sort of way to ay least offer a trade within cool down time would be REALLY nice.

I would support setting up trades within the 5 hour time for practical reasons, (say you are picking up in the evening, go to bed, your friend in say Europe can pick it up in the morning before work, rather than having to wait until you get up, and possibly until they get off work) because not everyone can live their lives by the DC clock.

I would love to be able to set up the teleport or offer a fresh egg, but it should stay on the original scroll for the 5 hours.

THAT would help a lot - then the trade would be ready to roll but not getting around the dumping limit.

I wouldn't mind if it had a timer sitting there instead of the teleport page--that the trade isn't even viewable until it's trade time.

Bump since it is getting talked about in another thread. This would be a great place to discuss the pros and cons of this suggestion. =3

If the holidays are an issue, then have the restriction remain applicable to them only.

I'd have to agree with that one.

And now, of course, with bred Holidays having no limits, people are free to catch and pass freely with those, which ought to suit those who dislike Holiday walls hiding regular AP eggs, although apparently, there was a bred wall last Halloween which I missed out on... sad.gif

But if a steady Flood of CB Holidays is produced and, apart from Halloween, there's a limit on those, is there a real problem with gifters and giftees with evidently severe computer issues (since Holidays are generally now quite easy to catch and, apart from Halloween, continuing over several days,) not having to wait to get their limit of CB Holidays?

Most people would rather catch their own, if they can.

And apart from Halloween, who's going to trade for CB Holidays unless after a missed Release anyway?

More generally:

I don't see why an egg on CD has to wait 5 hours on the original scroll, rather than on that of the person it's being sent to?

It's going to the owner, after all, not the AP which is, I assume, the issue?

I agree with ADP and therefore voting no on this. And the problem wouldn't just be the Holidays - every new release would have the grab-trade-grab issue outlined by ADP.

If the wait is kept before the teleport could be accepted but the trade offer could be made before then, I don't think it'd be an issue. That's certainly my preference for this to be implemented, at least.

If the wait is kept before the teleport could be accepted but the trade offer could be made before then, I don't think it'd be an issue. That's certainly my preference for this to be implemented, at least.

This. You can catch an egg at midnight, set up the teleport and go to bed (in the UK) and your friend in Australia can pick it up when she gets up - after the 5 hours are up - not that I would mind if it was to sit out the 5 hours on her scroll, but at least please allow a teleport to be set up at once, while ensuring that the egg couldn't be dropped to the AP till its time was up.

As one who trades and gifts a lot around the world, this would help a very lot ! Right now I catch an egg at midnight, the giftee (nasty word) is at work, in the end it's sort of 12-15 hours before I can pass her the egg. (Yes I have probably described the pattern wrong, but you get the idea. I am thinking of a particular person who is 10 hours ahead of me.)

As long as the 5 hour wait is spent on the original catcher's scroll, that would solve the grab-trade-grab. So I'm all for that smile.gif.

I would have no issue with freshly grabbed eggs being able to be put in teleports. However, the person who grabbed the egg should still be stuck with it for 5 hours, before it can be picked up.

Its a fair compromise: you can put it into a tele link, get offers or pass the link along, but until that timer wears down, there could just be a message that states:

One Way trades:

This egg can not be teleported for (x amount of hours). Would you still like to receive this egg once it is available?

Two way trades:

This egg can not be teleported for x amount of hours). Would you still like to offer on this egg?

As annoying as that five hour timer is, it is there for a reason, and the person grabbing the egg should be stuck with it. However, adding the ability to immediately set up trades, or toss it into a link would be handy for a lot of people, even if it cant be accepted right away.

Nudging this up for other people.

Cheers!

C4.

I don't know whether or not this has been suggested before (didn't bother to read through the whole thread again), but I just wanted to offer a freshly caught egg on a trade and had this idea: Maybe incubating could make a freshly caught egg teleportable?