dragon_mando

5 Hour Wait and Teleport

Should 5 Hr. Teleport Wait be Removed?  

432 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After snooping around some of the other recent threads for solutions to problems, this one seems less major but may certainly help introduce some more fun to the Cave.

How it is now: All eggs from the cave have a five hour wait for both abandoning and teleporting.

Proposal: 5 Hour block on teleport could be removed to promote trading but the five hour abandon block would transfer with the egg.

Thoughts?

edited.

Edited by dragon_mando

the five hour block would transfer with the egg just like incubate and influence do.

Incubate and influence don't transfer with the egg. You might want to change that, so as not to confuse people.

I'm all behind anything that will permit you to trade with the 5-hour wait in place. The 5-hour wait was instituted to discourage people from picking up cave blockers to immediately drop them in the AP then go hunting for more. Being able to trade or gift them with the hold in place would not impact that change, especially if the 5-hour wait transferred with the egg (sort of like with vampires that were bitten-but-repulsed as fresh-caught CB eggs).

That said, this change would have the side effect that some people may start an illegal second scroll to hide these eggs.

A compromise would be to allow the creation of transfer or trade links prior to the lifting of the 5-hour hold, but not allow the transfer to continue through until the hold was lifted. (How many trade posts do you see saying "egg on hold; will add trade link in 5 hours for offers"?)

I would be behind either version of this change.

With either version, I would suggest some sort of statement on the teleport or transfer link stating that the egg was still on hold.

That said, this change would have the side effect that some people may start an illegal second scroll to hide these eggs.

I disagree. So long as nobody can abandon the egg until it's five hours old, it would be just like starting a second scroll, logging in as that scroll, and picking up the eggs directly from the cave.

I too perfer it the way it is right now. It would be exploited more so than the system we have now.

Also, ~!~, the quote is only in reguards to certain drakes. To me Drakes are wingless western dragons. Draks, which are created by Dovealove, are different from drakes.

Edited by Dolphinsong

Yes, please!

Transferring the 5-hour wait with the Teleport to the person waiting for a Cave-caught egg makes perfect sense, as it fulfills the intent of preventing people from dumping Cave Blockers directly onto the AP without forcing people to wait around/stay up late to take gifted/traded eggs which were caught in the Cave for them, something which rather seems a pointless annoyance, under the circumstances.

We're already pretty much playing a waiting game, so to speak, lol.

Edit: also, ~!~'s right - anyone who would transfer Blocker eggs to an illegal second scroll could simply pick them up directly on that second scroll anyway.

And personally, I'd think that it would be illogical to not eliminate an avoidable stressor that causes people to miss sleep and however many other problems in various instances, on the grounds that it might encourage a few people to start an illegal second scroll, which evidently would be started on any excuse...

Edited by Syphoneira

Nope, because the abandon period is still there, if they're going to break the rules and multiscroll they would be better off just catching the eggs on the alt scroll.

With either version, I would suggest some sort of statement on the teleport or transfer link stating that the egg was still on hold.

Perhaps "If you choose to accept this egg, it cannot be abandoned for X more hours"?

It would be exploited more so than the system we have now.

How so?

As long as the five hour abandon period is kept, I think this could work okay. :3

Yep, the abandon period should still be fully in place, but I threw the option in the poll to get a more accurate view of opinions.

Nope, because the abandon period is still there, if they're going to break the rules and multiscroll they would be better off just catching the eggs on the alt scroll.

Trufax. Even if this feature were in place, it would be less inconvenient to catch the eggs on the alt scroll than to teleport them there.

Edited by ~!~

I voted for yes with the abandon kept, but I would already be very happy if we could set up the trade link already, even if it couldn't be concluded until after 5 hours.

Totally support this idea- can you add clarification for the first two choices? It's a little confusing.

I support this, very much so!

For the first option, eggs could be put up for trade immediately after catching but could not be abandoned until the five hours were up no matter how many times they are teleported.

For the second, which I don't like the idea of as it would support multiscrolling, the egg would be abandonable by the person receiving.

For the first option, eggs could be put up for trade immediately after catching but could not be abandoned until the five hours were up no matter how many times they are teleported.

I like this idea because you get your egg slot back immediately and the person who actually wants the egg gets it right away.

SUPPORT.

I love this idea. When you're trading, it's irritating to have to wait five hours, and coupled with the Magi two-day teleport cooldown, it's next to impossible to gift eggs to people. Especially for people like me who only collect one of each dragon.

SUPPORT.

I love this idea. When you're trading, it's irritating to have to wait five hours, and coupled with the Magi two-day teleport cooldown, it's next to impossible to gift eggs to people. Especially for people like me who only collect one of each dragon.

Next to impossible ??? How so ?

I do think that eliminating the 5 hour limit would inhibit people with slower connections. The five hour limit means that the quicker-clicker-connectors can't just strip out every non-caveblocker.

I know it would be FUN to be able to pick up EVERY interesting egg, then trade it off even when you don't need it, but is it FAIR?

No-one has to click on a CB egg, so why is there a problem with having to wait to abandon it ? The easy answer - if you don't want it - don't click on it... xd.png

I do think that eliminating the 5 hour limit would inhibit people with slower connections. The five hour limit means that the quicker-clicker-connectors can't just strip out every non-caveblocker.

I know it would be FUN to be able to pick up EVERY interesting egg, then trade it off even when you don't need it, but is it FAIR?

How would this hurt people with slow connections in any way? The Abandon wait is still in place so people couldn't just cycle through and the people who pick up the eggs can't get rid of them unless they can teleport them elsewhere. If anything, this would help projects like The Gifting Tree pick up speed because newbies on slow connections could get offered those eggs just that much faster.

How would this hurt people with slow connections in any way? The Abandon wait is still in place so people couldn't just cycle through and the people who pick up the eggs can't get rid of them unless they can teleport them elsewhere. If anything, this would help projects like The Gifting Tree pick up speed because newbies on slow connections could get offered those eggs just that much faster.

Only if whoever collects them gifts them. They may just want to use them to trade.

Only if whoever collects them gifts them. They may just want to use them to trade.

And commons that get picked up don't go for high prices very often, which again aids newer people or people with specific goals. A lot of people that would try to pick up commons just to cycle them through faster would have to be able to find someone to trade the egg to if they wanted to trade, but it would be faster to gift in all likelyhood.

I don't get how this would help those people, though. Unless they have an illegal scroll that they plan on immediately teleporting to, they still have to find someone to trade it to first. Until then, that egg slot is full and they can't do anything with the egg other than wait. The only other option that's faster is the departure board, but in that case it's going to someone who wants the egg, not just the AP...

I don't get how this would help those people, though. Unless they have an illegal scroll that they plan on immediately teleporting to, they still have to find someone to trade it to first. Until then, that egg slot is full and they can't do anything with the egg other than wait. The only other option that's faster is the departure board, but in that case it's going to someone who wants the egg, not just the AP...

Plus, with the abandon timer in place, it makes no sense to even pick up the eggs on their "legal" scroll. It would be faster and more efficient to pick them up on their alternate scroll to begin with. Either way you're stuck with it, which to me pretty much defeats the point of multiscrolling. *shrug*

The point isn't to make people pick up eggs they don't want, because you're still locked with them for 5 hours unless you manage to trade or gift them, it's to get rid of the hassle of "just caught, PM until I can put a trade link up in five hours" and make trading more fluidly integrated with the rest of the game.

Edited by dragon_mando

Support +1

Sometimes I see eggs people are looking for, and then later click on them, only to forget later that I now have an egg I meant to gift....

It would be much much easier to be able to send it right away.

For those worried about taking all the good eggs-- the person would not be able to drop it fast enough to make a difference in cave catching.

I support this cool.gif

No-one has to click on a CB egg, so why is there a problem with having to wait to abandon it ? The easy answer - if you don't want it - don't click on it...  xd.png

Agreed, no-one HAS to click on a CB egg, but what if you've got your egg descriptions mixed up and mis-clicked on an egg you didn't want, or clicked on one of those eggs that have the same description for multiple breeds & it's the wrong breed? Worse still, what if that one mis-click/whatever has locked you? At least this would give you the option of glomp-gifting etc straight away,and if the egg gets picked up quickly enough, you can go back to looking for the egg you actually want without having to wait 5 hours to do so.

ETA: And wouldn't you know it, last I did something that perfectly illustrates why I support this.....

I'm collecting CB Moonstones for a personal lineage project. Unfortunately, Sunstones have the same egg description ("This egg resembles a glowing stone"). Having grabbed one Moonstone egg late last night, I was hoping to grab another so I would have plenty of breeding fodder for my project. I clicked on an egg with the "glowing stone" description .... and got a Sunstone, that I didn't need and didn't want, and which occupied my last egg slot, thus locking me. Nothing to do then except log off & go to bed. When I logged on this morning, I'd forgotten about glomp-gifting it, and dumped it on the AP... which was already clogged with eggs.

Having the opportunity to teleport within the current 5-hour cooldown (while retaining the 5-hour abandon wait period for the person who picks up the egg) would mean that I could set up a teleport link immediately either to glomp-gift that unwanted egg to a newbie or someone who's collecting that breed for a lineage, or put it on a departure board - the person who picks it up would have an egg they want, I'd get rid of an egg I didn't want, I wouldn't be contributing to clogging the AP, and I could get back to hunting for eggs I do want fairly quickly!

Edited by Angelrc22