arlymaye

Messy Lineages

I actually only learnt about lineages recently when getting into trading since implementation of the teleport function, prior to this I just did not know about and it did not seem overly important.

i know try for nicer lineages with certain things (tinsels etc) but my dragons are here to stay regardless of lineage.

To be honest the sprites are what matter, some messy lineages look lovely smile.gif

I forone actulally love longlineaged dragon a lotmore than short lineages because I like interesting lineages!

As long as they're people that will accept them, I think messy lineages should be bred.

I personally like them. c:

I don't go after them or anything but if I get one, I'll keep it.

It's realistic, it's a story, and there's all sorts of interesting relationships in messy lineages.

I think if someone doesn't like a long lineage, they shouldn't breed them. But all lineages will eventually get long if owners keep breeding, and I personally don't think there's anything wrong with it. ^ ^

I never really used to care if my dragons had long messy lineages but now I starting to pay a little more attention. All of my long lineaged dragons come from the AP, but I'm doing more and more breeding now than I'm bothering to pick up eggs from the AP. I have some dragons with really messy lineages and I tend to avoid breeding them though I do when nessecary.

I really don't like messy lineages. The very few I do have such as my handful of golds and silvers as well as a few others I really don't breed. I have some messy alt vines but I don't breed them. I only keep them b/c they are alts. I prefer long, even gen, pretty lineages or short ones. That's also just me

WB

I take dragons with messy lineages. I know that they're messy and no-one would take them (especially rares - someone in the IRC was offering a messy lineaged ice and no-one wanted it, took it though), so why not?

Breeding is a completely different story. I breed things people want, not a messy-lineaged dragon. I breed my messy lineaged ice, though, but that goes to The Giving Tree.

As long as the dragon in question isn't inbred, I usually don't care that much,

unless I'm looking for something specific. If I'm just clicking at things on the AP,

it doesn't really matter.

I won't raise anything with messy lineages unless;

1) The hatchie is slated for freezing

2) The adult is slated anway to be killed to clean up a lineage after a few months (minimal casualties - I hate the 'kill' function and haven't actually killed a dragon yet after more than a year of procrastination)

However, my old metals/old metals bred are here to stay since I have six of them in total and 4 of them have messy lineages, but I need their sprites. My trios will also stay, as I am not bothered to replace them.

I will breed messy lineaged rares and dump them to the AP, however.

I also don't tolerate inbreeding, unless it is specifically inbred for a beautiful specific lineage.

Edited by DarkEternity

I think I have some dragons with a messy linage and if there are cool dragins in,I keep them xd.png

like if there is a part with many golds and whites and another who consist of nearly no other breeds than pinks xd.png

Edited by Kurtos

I must admit, if I could choose between a CB and a messy lineage, I'd almost always choose the CB. But usually, I don't mind the lineage, be it pure, messy, inbred, or what have you. I won't blame my own Dragon for something another player did, if you know what I mean. smile.gif

Personally I only breed when I know for certain there is someone who wants the result, and everytime I pick up a messy lineage on the AP, I throw it right back.

What puzzles me especially, is when a messy lineaged mint is paired with another messy lineaged mint (mint is just an example for a common dragon here) and the egg ends up on the AP. What was the breeder trying to achieve?

Or a nice CB rare being paired with a messy lineaged dragon. Why?

And people who keep breeding their metallics to gift them out... I wish they didn't, because every metallic they breed, is one metallic less in the cave. The messy lineaged failed commons that result in those breedings on top of that, well...

I think it is a fact that most people start to care about lineages as soon as they run out of dragons to collect. Yes, there are always those who do not care and those who even love messy lineages, but I don't think they are the majority. And my opinion has nothing to do with me thinking inbred dragons are some kind of evil, I mean, they're pixels, it's not harming them.

On the other hand, there is always the "breed cave cloggers to get them out of the cave" thing and I think that makes sense as long as TJ doesn't seperate the ratios (which he should, but that's a whole other can of worms).

And finally, this is just my opinion, I'm not going to try and force it onto other people. I think everyone should breed whatever they wish, even if it annoys me, it's just none of my business.

(disclaimer: if I understand the way the cave currently works correctly)

I used to not care about breeding, almost all my dragons are CB

only my alts, golds and silvers were bred

and my golds and silvers are all long messy lines along with most of my black alts. I have recently started breeding and having fun with it.

I will take any metal with long ugly messy line, to me it is beautiful and I know hard to get, so happy to take what I can get.

Sure I would like nice lines to give out, but my metals have not produced for a very long time, so giving out even the ugly ones is out of the picture for me :/

I will take any metal with long ugly messy line, to me it is beautiful and I know hard to get, so happy to take what I can get.

Sure I would like nice lines to give out, but my metals have not produced for a very long time, so giving out even the ugly ones is out of the picture for me :/

Amen to that. I'll take & keep any Silver or Gold right now, even if their lineage wraps around the planet xd.png

I don't really care about linegaes, though I do try to be careful if I am breeding something as a gift. I have accidentally inbred, but as long as the dragons become adults safely (not dying), then I'm fine. This goes for commons, uncommons, alts, and rares. I am trying to be more aware when I'm breeding, though.

I'll usually throw a long-lineaged AP egg back unless it's neat and not inbred, in which case I actually prefer the longer ones. I'm approaching my goal of having 2 CB pairs of each breed (except metallics, like that's going to happen), so when I breed I almost always abandon only short-lineaged and/or even gen eggs.

Everyone plays the game the way that works best for them and is most fun. Some love long messy lineages and don't mind a bit if they're inbred as well. That said, personally it makes me nuts. I think I must be OCD to a small degree because I like order. So anything that is wildly messy and inbred just does not appeal to me at all.

I don't mind messy lineages and happily take them off the AP.

When I started on DC, it was a real treat just to even GET an egg - whether from the AP or the Cave. I didn't even start looking at lineages until all the breeding threads started making such a big deal about it. Now I'm sort of leery about breeding the ones with 'interesting' lineages. Some of my dragons have almost every breed in their background.

Nowadays, I pay a lot more attention to lineage than I used to. But back when I was a newbie, I certainly didn't care much! I still grab messy/inbred abandoneds. It's just that I freeze the common ones now. For extremely rare dragons like the trios, I've been willing to settle for an egg. I figure that I can try for fancier things in the future.

smile.gif I guess I'm still in the 'collect all the eggs' mode, even if I am trying to be careful about what I breed and to produce only offspring that have nice lineages and that I think will go to good homes.

Nowadays, I pay a lot more attention to lineage than I used to. But back when I was a newbie, I certainly didn't care much!

This. Almost all of my older dragons are messy. I just recently decided I didn't like that, and have started a long project to replace them all. It's slow going, though, especially for the rares. Except I no longer grab messy lineages unless I do not have any of that breed. If I pick one up in the AP I'll throw it back.

Yeah, I try to avoid messy lineages. A lot of my oldest dragons do have long or messy lineages, though I have been here since before the lineage viewer, where it was harder to gain an impression of what a dragon's lineage actually was.

Lineage doesn't matter to me. My goal (for now) is to obtain two of each dragon: one male, one female, where possible. If the dragons only come in one gender then...two of the same gender is fine.

A dragon is a dragon, regardless of it's lineage as far I'm concerned. This *may* change in the future, but that'd be the distant future for me.

I have lots of messy lineages. Some of those done by myself, to get more reds, magi's and purple dragons together. Then I decided I wanted to get a few CB's of each dragon to start clean lineages.

That's the way my game is going now and I'm having fun with it.

I consider the lineage an artistic element of the game, and so I love to create and collect nice lineages.

That said, when I first started, I didn't give a hang about the dragon's lineage; I was just trying to collect all the dragons! There are times when I still decide that I don't care about a messy lineage just because I want that breed (Holly!), or because it's a uniquely messy line.

Otherwise, though, I tend to strictly collect CB and 2nd gens, and other artistic lineages like even-gens, stairsteps, and spirals. However, that shouldn't dissuade the folks that love their messy-gen babies from breeding them! I don't mind picking through the AP for the nicer lineages. smile.gif