arlymaye

Messy Lineages

I really don't care, I take them all. Though I tend to only breed short or CB, I keep almost every AP egg I nab.

I even found, to my amusement, one of the eggs I picked up the other day was a long linage, inbred, ancestor of a gold I gave away.

Who the hell cares that much?

What happened to having fun? I mass-breed my dragons because they have the most awesomest names. And that's the only reason. I don't even come on here anymore except to breed them to give people a chance at my silliness (and sometimes my silvers I breed).

I love long lineage. It shows more character.

What happened to having fun? I mass-breed my dragons because they have the most awesomest names. And that's the only reason. I don't even come on here anymore except to breed them to give people a chance at my silliness (and sometimes my silvers I breed).

Your dragons do have some great names. Can't imagine anyone not being amused with their offspring.

WOW ! I do hope you are in the funniest name thread smile.gif Awesome.... (I thought some of MINE were funny, but.... wow !)

long messy lineages.

I rarely ever breed my dragons. Once in a blue moon, perhaps for a trade or to give it away. I don't give a damn to messy and long lineages but I do steer clear of some that can be too tangled for me.

I don't really care much...

I prefer CB dragons. but there are such types as Reds and Pinks - of which I have only two - that are extremely useful, so useful, that it doesn't matter for me whether they are inbreds or the lineage is messy... I'll just take them and feel grateful towards the breeder.

sometimes I catch these unwanted eggs with messy lineage in AP and freeze the hatches. I feel some... pity for them smile.gif

I agree with you completely.

And I must say you have some amazing names on your scroll. biggrin.gif

Haha..very creative names indeed, which in this case I don't think I would mind getting a long lineaged dragon from you. But then again, I wouldn't consider your dragons to have messy lineaged then because if they are all creatively named, then I am sure they would be much wanted.

Initially, I really thought of withholding breeding of my long, messy and inbred lineaged metalics, but someone pointed out to me that yesterday that they really appreciate all those little rascal metals that I so frequently dropped through the Departure Thread. I am sincerely touched by their genuineness and their pride in finally getting a metallic dragon. While some may frowned at how I am screwing with the ratios of clean, short lineaged and CB Metals, there are many who too, will delight in getting their very first metal.

I've made up my mind now. I will continue with my messy metallic breeding because I would rather make the larger population of DC happy rather than succumbing to a few purists who have decided for themselves that they only want clean-short-beautiful-pretty lineage metals.

Behold arlymaye's long, messy and inbred metal dragons, all your chastity belt are being removed and you may all now enjoy the pleasure of procreating again! tongue.gif

Edited by arlymaye

I've made up my mind now. I will continue with my messy metallic breeding because  I would rather make the larger population of DC happy rather than succumbing to a few purists who have decided for themselves that they only want clean-short-beautiful-pretty lineage metals.

Behold arlymaye's long, messy and inbred metal dragons, all your chastity belts are being removed and you may all now enjoy the pleasure of procreating again!  tongue.gif

Good. My adoption agency for inbred metallic censorkip.gif***s awaits smile.gif

(WOW I had no idea THAT word was a no-no ! blink.gif Can't discuss a lot of Shakespeare then biggrin.gif)

Edited by fuzzbucket

Haha..very creative names indeed, which in this case I don't think I would mind getting a long lineaged dragon from you. But then again, I wouldn't consider your dragons to have messy lineaged then because if they are all creatively named, then I am sure they would be much wanted.

Initially, I really thought of withholding breeding of my long, messy and inbred lineaged metalics, but someone pointed out to me that yesterday that they really appreciate all those little rascal metals that I so frequently dropped through the Departure Thread. I am sincerely touched by their genuineness and their pride in finally getting a metallic dragon. While some may frowned at how I am screwing with the ratios of clean, short lineaged and CB Metals, there are many who too, will delight in getting their very first metal.

I've made up my mind now. I will continue with my messy metallic breeding because I would rather make the larger population of DC happy rather than succumbing to a few purists who have decided for themselves that they only want clean-short-beautiful-pretty lineage metals.

Behold arlymaye's long, messy and inbred metal dragons, all your chastity belt are being removed and you may all now enjoy the pleasure of procreating again! tongue.gif

Wooo hoooo! Burn chastity belts! Burn!!!!!!

Wooo hoooo! Burn chastity belts! Burn!!!!!!

I'm SHOCKED, your Lordship. SHOCKED, I say. blink.gif

I though of something. To all you long lineage haters - what about Thuweds and Dorkfaces ????? Should they all be consigned to the scrapheap ? I just got two of the latter and I love them to BITS.

I don't care about a dragon's lineage, except if I'm contemplating asking for a trade. I have a goal/plan for my scroll, and that's all I plan to do with it. I have no interest in breeding project.

I breed my metallics, and I drop them if I don't need it for my scroll goal. My first one was an inbred gold Dorkface. I'm sure I've made many people happy with my abandonded eggs from that dragon, common or no. And no, I've never checked to see what happened to his kids. tongue.gif

Every user should play the game as he or she pleases. ^^ If that include the breeding of their messy long/inbred lineaged dragons, why not. ^^"

I for myself, I don't collect those dragons, and of course I'd be happier if the ap gave me some interesting and nice lineaged eggs. But I can't do anything about it. And there surely are some user who don't care about the dragon's background and take them gladly.

So do as you please, as long as you enjoy the game. wink.gif

For me, it depends on what I'm doing. I mostly use CBs or short, planned lineages because it adds a layer of complexity to how I play. I will admit that I think in these terms when I breed something that may end up on the AP...I don't want it to die, so making it as attractive to others as possible is a breeding consideration.

I like CBs for doing lineage projects, and yes, the planned lineages are very pretty. I do seek them out in the AP at times, depending on my mood.

But, I do indulge my love of seeing what assortment of names & breeds are in a particular lineage. Those ones, I either freeze in perpetual cuteness as a hatchling or have them bitten to be a vamp, usually the latter.

What saddens me is looking at a nice long, history-laden lineage and seeing a bunch of codes and not names. sad.gif One of my favorite dragon's lineages went that way and it took some of the joy of my dragon away. But that's a reality of the game and is happening more and more with the longer lineages, as the earlier players are no longer active and so the dragons have become unnamed.

I'm SHOCKED, your Lordship. SHOCKED, I say. blink.gif

xd.png

What can I say? Chaste is great for most beings but when it comes to dragons, especially the masters and mistress of shine, free love is where it's at. I know I would love to stumble across one of Arlymaye's pretties even if it was it's own grandpa. Now THAT would be an awesome accomplishment in dragon breeding.

Edited by Sir Barton

I prefer cb's so I can breed the way I want too.

I do have several very long messy inbred dragons, that I picked up from the AP, a long time ago. These I'm keeping separated from the rest of my dragons and not breeding them.

If I get eggs from the AP, I prefer ones that are very short generations, 2 or 3 at the most.

Some people belong to groups who breed long messy inbred lineages, so I feel if that's what they want, then so be it.

We all have our own opinions.

Lol, we'll always have long/messy-lineaged dragons showing up on the AP - no worries about any shortage there.

And if people love them and are breeding them to keep, they'll never even appear on the AP.

Personally, I don't breed my two longest-lineage metallics, and I happen to prefer to avoid where possible breeding/dropping dragons that most people won't want and that will contribute to AP clutter while taking up a spot from their breed that might potentially have been filled by a CB, short- and/or more nicely-lineaged specimen.

But at some point(s), I expect virtually all of us are going to drop something less desirable.

I must say that I personally don't see how there's even been any fun for any players in breeding large numbers of dragons that neither the breeder nor most other people want, knowing that they're clogging the AP and Drops with these and forcing groups of people to spend their R&R cleaning up the AP, rather than collecting dragons they want, as a result.

Luckily, this has typically been done by only a small group of people.

And it's different, to me, at any rate, when someone breeding for a specific goal, whether in metallic production or for an inbred lineage dragon, drops the wrong result.

That's playing the game in the manner desired by that person.

Granted, people who flood the AP with almost universally unwanted dragons just because they can have always seemed to me not to be 'playing nice' at all, but that doesn't seem to be a major problem anymore.

At least, not one I've noticed for quite a while.

I must say that I personally don't see how there's even been any fun for any players in breeding large numbers of dragons that neither the breeder nor most other people want, knowing that they're clogging the AP and Drops with these and forcing groups of people to spend their R&R cleaning up the AP, rather than collecting dragons they want, as a result.

TBH, I like to see how people name my dragons'offspring. laugh.gif

Or I see only Greens in the AP and want to add some orange, or blue, or pink.

TBH, I like to see how people name my dragons'offspring. laugh.gif

Or I see only Greens in the AP and want to add some orange, or blue, or pink.

Thereby adding dragons that people are likely to want - not mass-breeding to clog the AP.

There's quite a difference, lol.

Okay, so we have an entire section of the forums dedicated to very specific lineages, but what about the lineages with dragons of nearly color that were bred just to have been bred? Personally, I think that they can even be neater to look at than the lineage project dragons. What do you think about messy lineages? You can even post your own messy lineages, if you like.

I've got quite a few myself.

...Although I could argue that several of those linked are or may be offspring from one of those special lineages. wacko.gif It seems that the line between "messy" and "special" is quite blurred, no?

I'm not big on doing lineages myself, so I don't care how 'messy' or 'clean' a lineage is, beyond whether or not inbreeding is present.

I don't like messy lineages, although it can be interesting to look at other people's messy dragons. c: When the messy lineage is huge though, it's just annoying.

ETA: A messy lineage is the same as a messy, inbred lineage to me.

Edited by Saloiq

I've just picked up a black stripe in the AP with 20 dragons in the lineage inbred. I can't find out how long the lineage is exactly yet because Allure says it can only count up to 20 just now due to a lag.

I like them, they are very interesting as long as they´re not inbred. I bred this one, containing all breedable breeds up to the point when it was bred, and it took me ages xd.png but as they're not very useful for lineages, I mostly collect even gens now.

I love finding a long lineaged egg that isn't inbred. Not that I don't keep the inbred ones, I do keep them but I never breed them.

I caught this egg recently.