Skypool

Shadow Children

(Lol my character and I are in the same place. We both have no idea whats going on, only what it looks like)

Annabel focused on this new speaker and the gun she raised.

"You say they can be saved? That they do not know father? Explain how that is? Explain how they bear all the marks of having met and are now working for Father. Their eyes are as yours, their aura is as yours. Do you take me for a fool? No, I have seen this sort of thing before. If starting a fight is what it takes, then fine. I have sided the right way. I will die in service to the light, and everyone, including Aracelia will know what has happened here."

With that, Annabel dropped her sword and transformed into a white werewolf. Without any hesitation, she leapt at the shadow child that had pointed a gun at her, hoping to kill it quickly before a shot was let off.

((What? WHAT? xd.png What just happened? She transformed into a werewolf? LOL how did that happen?))

Silviara jumped back, surprised by the sudden transformation. In a moment of confusion, she shot several rounds, but only one made contact, ripping through the fleshy part of the forearm of the creature. "Get Aida and Nalisha out of here!" She shouted at Blade and Alex.

Aida groaned and opened her eyes to see what was happening. She frowned then said "Please... stop..." She sighed then started singing her Angel's song with all her heart. Pooring not only her wish for the fighting to stop, but her sorrow of losing her 'family' she feared father, and actually did not miss not seeing him much, but the other children... she missed them still... Father, she was sure, wiped there minds. Nalisha never did meet him and still knew her parents, but her and the other know nothing of them. Tears fell from Aida's cheeks as she sang. Nalisha frowned then decided to do her best to. She ran forward and touched the wolves shoulder, showing her the memories of her parents, her killing them on accident, mourning there deaths, living as an orphan on the streets, meeting Blade, meeting Kila, meeting Aracelia and her accepting her. Her memories of Aida and how kind she was, how she mourned and apologized for every soul she took, even though it was actually putting people out of there misery since she could only kill those already on the brink of death. There fight with Akira and how Aida got injured, how she was now shunned by the other children, all accept Silviria. She was crying to, for every memory that went in, she not only saw it but also got a few memories from Annabel. Why she was so sad and angry, how she was once so happy and carefree. Nalisha finally stumbled back and started crying. Annabel's life was so sad.

(If I may say, maybe Annabel could take a closer look at Aida's and Nalisha's auras and see them actually be a bit lighter wink.gif Nalisha has never killed anyone, at least not on purpose (she only killed her parents on accident) And Aida never killed anyone herself, only through her song which gave them a peaceful death, as well as let them out of there misery. She even apologized every time she took a soul, for she felt bad that they were to be eaten and there bodies no longer be there for there families to mourn over. wink.gif )

((Mmmmm Can they? I need to find out... *runs to the very front of the thread* OMG THAT IS SO COOL yeah, ok, we're cool :] ))

Anna cried out in pain as the bullet left a crater in her bicep. She was still moving forward for the kill when the two children acted however. She stood stunned as the music and images flowed over her, allowing the sadness to sweep her away. A small whine escaped her jaws as the despair enveloped her, and she stood transfixed like that until she couldn't take it anymore.

Finally she turned back into a human, the blood still spattering across the floor where she now knelt. She knelt there, her form wracked with sobs as her own memories washed over her. She hated herself for showing this weakness to the shadow children, but she couldn't help herself. All her thoughts and feelings of anger and sadness washed forward, leaving her helpless to anyone around her. The cloth covering her eyes was wet with her tears as she tried to regain control but failed terribly.

" ugh. Please try not to move for this part." Blade looked for a pair of tweezers. He found some and bandages and walked back to Annabel. He inserted the tweezers into the crater and took out the bullet. He put on the band-aids over her wounds. " Just relax. We'll explain this better. Later. For now, just rest a bit. But before that, What's your name?" Blade asked while his hands were forming a figure of her without the cloth.

Nalisha sniffed and said "H..Her name is Annabel... she.. she used to hunt children but only kill if necessary... she.. she tried to help many... she had a family... but... but those children she thought she 'saved' attacked... an...and killed her family... her child and husband... It's so sad...." Nalisha was still crying. Anna's song was becoming quieter, and she soon ended it as she slipped into unconsciousness.

Anna wanted to lash out at the man who was trying to heal her, but managed to reign herself in. It hurt so much, the bullet hole, the tweezers, the memories... She wanted to run to escape the pain, but knew that even if the physical problems went away, her emotional wall which she had hidden her pain would never be the same.

She shuddered as the tweezers left her arm, leaving only the bullet hole and a bloody mess. When it healed she would have to work the muscle a lot or risk having a weak arm.

When the little girl began to recite parts of her story, Anna looked sharply at the child.

"That is not for you to say!" She snapped, angry that anyone had found that sort of thing out. She hated that people knew about her past. She only wanted to end the war, either with her death or the death of Father so that she could rejoin her family.

Silviara slid the gun back in her waistband and focused her mind on Annabel's. A sudden wave of emotions collapsed on her, and with a sharp intake of breath, she saw her own face playing in Annabel's memory. Manically, twisted with evil, she saw herself tearing through Anna's former home. She could feel Anna's fear. Her hatred. As she backed out of Anna's memory she felt her own cheeks wet with tears. "I-I'm leaving" She announced, her voice trembling. As quickly as she could she left the hospital, Aida and Nalisha, the Hunters and Anna behind. Reaching the outside, she shivered in the cold, rotten air. Walking as far away from the building as possible, she found herself in an alley a few blocks away. Leaning against the wall, she expelled a long breath, the cold air defining her breath in a cloud of mist. What had she done? She felt some approaching her and pulled out her pistol and shot the creep between the eyes in a matter of seconds. "I guess this is who I am..." She muttered and she pulled out the soul and locked it inside a vial. A heartless killer? Well, she's done that before. She walked a little farther and found a house with a nice little car sitting out front. Breaking in through the front window, she snatched the keys off the side table. Starting the car, she rested her forehead on the steering wheel. Why was she suddenly so... soft? She pressed down the gas and pulled away from the curb. A long drive is what she needed. A long drive to Chicago.

Blake sighed and let Akira go. Now, he needed a way to ride himself to Chicago, since that were his secondary orders. But, he first went to the old hospital and listened to every little bit of what happened in there. Finished with listening, he disappeared and reappeared in an old weapons storage. Sighing, Blake sat down on one of the boxes and closed his eyes. Father had made Blake kill his parents and actually didn't remove his memories, or maybe he couldn't since his parents were probably hunters and did some kind of magic to prevent that. Sensing one of his friends leaving for California, Blake got up and disappeared in a flurry of flames. "...Yo." Blake said, reappearing on the passenger seat of the car Silvaria rode. He looked she had ripped up her shirt and he knew the reason so he took off his coat and handed it. "Here, put it on. I'm better off freezing. You going to Chicago as well?"

Silviara glanced at him, confused, sad, but tried to give him a grateful smile as she accepted the jacket. "Thanks." She held onto the wheel with one hand while trying to slide an arm in the sleeve. "Yeah, Chicago is where we're going. If we get there before the hunters, we'll be able to have a few hours of peaceful soul-hunting." She accelerated as they merged onto the highway. "We'll be there in 10 hours, give or take depending on traffic." She flicked on the headlights. "We'll be driving through the night."

Edited by Silver_Voices

Annabel groaned in pain as she tried to push herself up. She had to continue the hunt even if the two who had touched her mind and soul were innocent, the other two were probably not. They had left quickly and that meant they were open game.

With a gasp of pain, Annabel fell to the floor again, her arm unable to hold up her weight.

"Help me up." she demanded. "One of those shadows admitted to being a killer. We must destroy it now before anyone is hurt."

Blade helped Annabel to a bed to rest on. " She's gone. We aren't fast enough but I'm sure you would like to try." Blade looked around the room and left to look at the wing they were in. " General wounds. Casts should be here." Blade looked at only the room across of theirs and found some. He didn't touch them due to that they were used. " Gross." He left to what looked like a major doctor's office. It was filled to the top with supplies, not just medical. He picked out a cast ( Not a thick and hard one. I should have put sling but a cast is basically the same.) He went back to the room were his friends were. " Here's a sling. So far I think we have enough room in the car. Well we have to use the trailer. Trust me, it'll be better."

(Uh, shadow children can go where they want autimatically with there keys in the shadow realm, and hunters, accept for Blake and Alex since now they'll have to take both Anna and Nalisha with them, can transport anywhere with their moon tattoo's wink.gif)

Nalisha whimpered a little as Annabel got mad at her then said "S...sorry...." She didn't exactly mean to, she was just caught up in the sadness and couldn't even think that Annabel didn't want her past known.

--

Akira made it back to the Shadow Realm and knelt in front of father and said "I know you may be mad, but I had my reasons. Aida has betrayed us. She had been socializing with hunters and has befriended the, then hit the presence of an un-obtained shadow child from us, she also had the audacity to say that she couldn't 'doom' the girl to the fate of killing. As if it is a doomed fate."

(oh yes, 9pmg5665 since you have taken Sky's position of leader, you are the only one who can control father and Aracelia wink.gif They are not NPC's)

(( Doesn't say that in Hunter info. I'll allow it but there has to be at least 2 hunters.))

Father

Father heard the news. " THIS IS AN OUT RAGE. YOU COME HERE TELLING ME THAT AIDA HAS BETRAYED US?! AND I HAVEN'T FOUND A CHILD!? You will kill Aida. You will take her key. AND YOU WILL BRING ME THAT CHILD! DIS MISSED!" Father yelled at Akira. " And one last thing. Aida is now your priority target. No one is to help you unless you are in the same area. And get Silviara to be our spy. She won't dis agree. She won't."

Edited by 9pmg5665

(I know, that's why I said Alex and Blade couldn't wink.gif Aida nor Nalisha will be seeing Father anytime soon xd.png I don't plan on killing Aida or relinquishing my special char wink.gif oh and dismissed is one word wink.gif)

Akira smiled and said "Of course Father." With that she turned around and went back to Chicago. Once there she touched Silviria's mind and said "I do hope you are ready to get on the hunters good sides. It seems you are now are spy. Father says you won't disagree. Now then, on to business. It seems I must not only kill Aida, but bring the little girl to Father." Akira laughed then started heading for where Aida was.

(Jesus! I leave for one day and this happens!!!!!!!!! Can someone please explain to me what is happening? This thing moves too fast. I might have to drop out if this doesn't slow down...)

(NOO!!!! *Tackles* DON'T LEAVE!!! More or less Annabel calmed down after Nalisha showed memories and Anna sang her song, Anna passed out. Silviria left, Akira talked to Father and was told to kill Anna and get Nalisha, Akira is heading towards abandoned hospital.

(( Technically nothing happened other then the addition of Ryujin's character. She was shot. Blade helped her. Silviara left and found Blake. Father has sent Akira to kill Aida and Silviara to get Nalisha. People just know how to expand posts.))

Edited by 9pmg5665

Anna grunted and carefully looped the sling over her shoulder, placing her left arm in it carefully. It was going to hurt a lot for awhile, and she would have to be careful with it. A wound like the one she had sustained could easily get infected if she didn't take care of it. She stood and looked around, mostly ignoring the shadow children. Now that she looked, she saw that their auras were a different shade.

Shades of grey she mused her mouth forming a frown again.

When the other hunter talked about going, Anna stood and moved towards the door.

"Fine, lets go." She said, annoyed at the intteruption. If she had been faster, this whole mess could have been taken care of easily. Now she was stuck with a cross country hunt.

Akira finally made it to an old hospital, so this was where Anna was. She smiled and headed in. She made it to the room just before the other hunter left. Akira huffed and said "Well, another one... At least she's injured." Akira smiled and said "Orders from Father. I am to kill Anna, and take the little one to him." Nalisha whimpered then hid behind Blade and said "Onii-chan! I'm scared." Akira actually smiled kindly and said "Ah, little one, you'll be so much happier with Father, don't be scared. He is going to change this world and make us, our kind, royalty! Doesn't that sound great?" Nalisha shook her head and said "NO!" Akira huffed and the smile slipped to a sneer and she said "To bad, no choice in the matter." With that, a large black sword made of darkness appeared in Akira's hand. Akira smiled and said "Maybe I'll deal with you three hunters as well. It shouldn't be to hard to kill you three AND Anna, especially since Anna seems to be out cold."

(sad.gif Confusing... I have been reffering to Annabel as Anna)

Annabel turned sharply at the new voice. It was another shadow child, and this one was itching to be killed. She drew her sword with her good arm and took up a stance, preparing to attack the shadow child.

"I am an instrument to the light, protector of the earth from those that live in darkness. You will die by my hand this day, and with you a little of Fathers dream dies as well. Make peace with whatever foul god you worship for you will meet him soon." She gave no further warning, only took a step forward and slashed at the girl in front of her, aiming to sever her from shoulder to groin.

Edited by Ryujin13

Silviara heard Akira's voice, but she sensed that she was already where she needed to be. Well, whatever she did was up to her. How Aida and Nalisha defended themselves was their own problem. If she was going to be a proper Shadow Child, she would obey Father, and he had ordered Aida to be killed. She squeezed the steering wheel tight. It's all my fault, she thought bitterly to herself. The death of a shadow child? If she was going to do this, she had to purge herself of all emotion. Starting now.

Blake smiled and let Silvaria take the jacket. He then settled back in the seat and placed his arms behind his head. This was the perfect time to think over stuff. He focused and thought about how he killed his parents, or that time that he killed 43 campers in a fire. Blake opened his eyes and sighed loudly, then turned to look at Silviara. She was a good person even though she was a Shadow Child and was thought to be a liar and a traitor to the Shadow Childs. Suddenly, Blake noticed her grip on the steering wheel and his eyes looked worried. "Hey, is something wrong? It looks like you're angry or stressed about something, as... well... you're squeezing the steering wheel like you're clinging on to life or something." Blake said and waited for Silviara to react while he took a peek at the road from time to time. "If you feel stressed or bad, you know I could always take over, since I just had a coulple of hours of rest and I'm not really stressed." Blake asked, his eyes clouded in worry.