Skypool

Shadow Children

Akira smiled and easily blocked it with her own sword. She sneered then said "Ah, this is going to be to EASY your already injured." Akira made her own slash with her sword at Annabel's good arm. Then a razor blade of darkness shot at Annabel aiming for her right leg.

Annabel twisted her leg at the last instant and gasped in pain. The sliver of darkness had sliced a small portion of her leg leaving a clean cut behind. She adjusted her stance again and quickly feinted as though she was going to slash. This was a ruse however as she turned the blade downward slightly and thrust instead, trying to stab the child in the stomach.

Edited by Ryujin13

Blake smiled and let Silvaria take the jacket. He then settled back in the seat and placed his arms behind his head. This was the perfect time to think over stuff. He focused and thought about how he killed his parents, or that time that he killed 43 campers in a fire. Blake opened his eyes and sighed loudly, then turned to look at Silviara. She was a good person even though she was a Shadow Child and was thought to be a liar and a traitor to the Shadow Childs. Suddenly, Blake noticed her grip on the steering wheel and his eyes looked worried. "Hey, is something wrong? It looks like you're angry or stressed about something, as... well... you're squeezing the steering wheel like you're clinging on to life or something." Blake said and waited for Silviara to react while he took a peek at the road from time to time. "If you feel stressed or bad, you know I could always take over, since I just had a coulple of hours of rest and I'm not really stressed." Blake asked, his eyes clouded in worry.

Silviara kept her eyes on the road as she replied. "I-I don't know. Akira, at this moment, is going to kill Aida by Father's orders." She shook her head. "Aida always seemed so beautiful and sweet, I had wondered how she was able to kill anyone considering how gentle she was. Turns out she never really did." She sighed as she loosened her grip. "I had wanted Aida to be by my side when we were crowned princesses of the world. I wanted to be able to wrap her up and say, 'It's all over, we're free.'" She shook her head, but always keeping her eyes on the road ahead of her. "If I don't have something to focus on other than that, I might explode." She glanced at Blake and grinned. "But if you don't want to die in a car crash because I'm going crazy, that's understandable."

Akira smiled and didn't even move. Just as the hit was about to hit (the real one) a shield of darkness appeared right where the blow was about to hit. Akira shook her head and said "Now, now that won't work. You see, I've trained with my powers for years. It is an easy extension of myself. As you can see I don't even have to move to block." (Don't worry she tires out easily after an over use of her powers and I don't plan on killing ANYONE off wink.gif ) Akira then laughed and jumped back gently then slashed at the girl again.

Blade couldn't react much without hitting some one on his side or making the floor fall below. Blade did a drastic and desperate measure. He put his arms together and formed a large shield. He ran out the door way, trying to hit Akira with the giant shield, and ran into the wall. That made the stairs crumble below him and the only ways left were to jump or use an elevator. " Not much left. Rush to the elevator! I'll meet you there!" As Blade said that, he built to long swords from his hands and gave slashes to Akira's left leg and right arm. " Your not winning today. Child"

Anna blocked the slash and flicked the others sword away before trying another attack, this time an overhand slash that had all her power behind it. If nothing else she hoped to jar the childs arm and make her think twice before attacking again.

((if you guys don't remember I added a shadow hunter but didn't start playing him right away, I'll add him right now and repost the form))

Shadow Hunter Form

Username: Silver_Voices

Character's Name: Phoenix

Appearance: https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=...AWKfyXkQjaqX-bw

Personality: Quiet, more of an observer than a fighter

Weapons: He's armed with Chloroform

Abilities: Intangibility (in all meanings of the word)

Other: He doesn't know how to control his power, so no one knows he's there. He's been around the whole time, just no one's seen him. He hardly ever speaks, almost never.

--

Phoenix watched the battle between the Child and the Hunter. This Shadow Child was evil without a doubt. She was trying to kill one of her own kind. But what could he do? He couldn't control his phasing/intangibility so they couldn't see or touch him. He didn't trust himself to speak. He feared if he pulled his stake out it would fall right through his hand. He feared a lot. It was risky, having come upstairs. He could fall right through the floor, as he had done before. No, he couldn't speak, move, or use any of his weapons. He could only do one thing. He absorbed as much light as he could in the dim room, until his surroundings were pitch black, then blasted the Shadow Child with light, holding it as long as he could. Suddenly he fell through the floor, leaving the fight above him. He looked up at the ceiling, sighing as he remembered the stairs collapsing. The other hunters would just have to fend for themselves now.

Akira's eyes narrowed as she narowly dodged the shield, as the sword was knocked from it hand it disolved and appeared in the opposite which she then proceeded to block all three sword attacks with one darkness shield and her sword. She then saw the blast and dodged as much as she could then used a large wave of darkness at it, which collided then pushed back and forth for a sec before both disolved. Akira was now holding back panting and knew she couldn't last long at this rate. She already fought once today and used her shadow transport, as she calls it, once. Akira sneered then dropped her sword, which faded into darkness then nothing as soon as it left her hand, and said "Fine, I conceed defeat, for now. I will be back..." Then before any attack could hit that they might try, she was engulfed in darkness, then disappeared. Leaving a small chuckle ringing through the room for a few seconds. Nalisha was shaking where she stood and whimpering. It was scary. She was scared of what just took place. She suddenly started crying and ran to Blade only crying out one word "Onii-chan!" As she cried.

Annabel knew she couldn't get to the Shadow in time to stop the girl, but that didn't stop her from trying. Her sword buried its tip into the wall almost six inches as she stabbed where the Shadow had been.

"Come back and fight coward!" Annabel yelled at the darkness. She was pissed that her prey had gotten away for a second time that night, and wanted to hit something very much, her temper easily getting the better of her.

Wrenching her blade free, Annabel went to the window and looked out, pressing her forehead to the glass. She closed her eyeless sight and counted to ten, trying to vent the anger that was running rampant.

Blade was blinded by the light and fell to the ground. Out of rage, he smashed the walls until he got light on the out side. It was about 7 walls between him and the light. He yelled in pain as shards of glass got into his hand. " That was not in strategy." Blade walked back to Annabel who was near a window, counting. "Unless that was you, we have a new 'friend'. Look, I'm sorry about what has just happened. I wish you didn't see us as and that must have been our worse. Only the Child we faced is one of the tops and has been rated as monster. Arecili barely lets me go near her and if you haven't seen already, I'm the one that caused the giant crater in the ground over there." Then Blade pointed to the crater he caused outside." I really do hope you accept the offer. Mind if I ask why you have the cloth over your eyes? "

Edited by 9pmg5665

Annabel took a deep breath, trying to calm herself completely before she turned around.

"It's fine." She said shortly, fiddling with the hilt of her sword idly. "For the moment, these two aren't a threat." She gestured at the two shadow children. "But that doesn't mean they won't be in the future. It's for Araceli to decide. I will travel with you for the time, if nothing else then for the opportunity to kill the children that father sends your way." She looked back out the window, trying to stay calm.

Finally she reached up behind her head and undid the cloth, turning as she did. Her eyes were completely gone, in there place all was scar tissue including the bridge of her nose. She carefully replaced the cloth and turned again.

"I was shot with a gun, the shooter's aim was bad and it obliterated that area. I've been blind ever since. Araceli retruned my sight but could do nothing for my eyes." She turned and left the room, making it clear that the topic was over with, heading to the eleveator shaft to find a way down. She didn't tell him that she had been the one holding the gun, or that she had been trying to kill herself with it when she had been blinded.

(Uh... Blade ignored Nalisha who ran over to him crying xd.png)

Akira appeared a few blocks away panting and leaning against a wall. She fumbled for her key then entered it in the keyhole of the house, and opened the door. She then stumbled in and panted to Father "I am sorry... I failed for the time father... I'll try again when I have regained my strength... there was more than just the two hunters this time.... I thought it be easy to defeat, but I had to overuse my powers.... I am sorry...." She was on the ground panting, also making sure to not phase through the floor, it would be trouble.

" I'm sorry Annabel. I shouldn't have brought it up." Blade let her walk away before he noticed Nalisha who was crying." Oh. Sorry." Blade got closer to her and knelled down to her height. " Its OK. We'll leave this place in 2 hours. Then we'll be away from the Children." Blade picked her up and put her on a bed near the unconscious Aida. " Aida? Its time to wake up." Although Blade didn't try to wake her up, he wanted her help. He couldn't carry her to the car without a little effort from her. He was thinking to himself. If the shooter had bad aim, then how did it only hit her eyes? Even so, it would have missed her. Unless it was head point. Then she would be dead. Unless it was shot through the temple. Then it would have blown off her nose also. And if the bridge was still there, that means that she must have got a new one, but she also could have gotten replacement eyes. Blade quieted the thought but didn't remove it.

(Aida is out cold xd.png)

Nalisha nodded and sniffled a little, but stopped the tears coming to much. Aida stayed out cold. She had lost to much blood and used to much effort in her song. She was out for awhile.

" Everyone to the car now. We got to go." Blade lifted Aida onto a mobile bed and brought her to the elevator. He saw Annabel in it also so he tried to spark better conversation. " I'm sorry for bringing up your eyes. Sorry. Anyway, whats going to be your first move when we get to Chicago? I kind of got enough money to get an apartment. I would stay in the Light Realm but I feel more natural in the Human world. That and I have a kid to watch but back to my first question. Whats your next plan?"

Annabel eyed the other hunter for a second, then shrugged.

"I plan on going to Chicago, forming a basecamp and killing every shadow child I come across." She explaine. "As to my eyes, its long done, nothing to be sorry over."

" I can help with the base camp." Blade smiled at her. " I can't really comprehend what it would be like to get shot and live." Blade sat down near the corner. " I can't actually know what its like to be blind. I'm pretty sure that's... never mind. " Blade realized he could have just embarrassed himself. " Well you seem just everything I wanted to be. Except a girl but that's different" Blade laughed at himself and wished it was enjoyed.

Annabel was getting angry at this point. She hated talking about her past, especially when it came to her weakness, and this guy kept pressing the matter. She whirled on him and whipped off the cloth again.

"Fine! You want to know the truth? I tried to kill myself alright? I put the gun to my head and pulled the trigger! I was weak, and I put it to my temple right here!" She said miming a gun.

"I did it and I missed! Araceli fixed what was left of my nose but couldn't do anything else! She gave me sight and now I'm like this for the rest of my life! Happy you know the truth?!" She turned and stormed off, heading towards the elevator where she began prying the doors open, hoping that the elevator was below them. At least then they could slide down the cables.

As Annabel pried open the doors, Blade got up and sliced a part of the door off and put his hand to grab the other piece of door that came flying at him. He cut that part off too and rappelled down. He kept going for awhile until he got to a floor. It was the basement of the hospital or some would call the morgue. He climbed back up the rope until the first floor with light. He must have stepped on a weak spot because he fell through the floor. It scratched deep into his shoulder to his lower abdomen and scared it. " Damn." Blade grabbed his shoulder and with his weaker hand, he grabbed part of the rhubarb that held up the floor. He moved up it until he got back to the first floor again. He jumped over the hole and saw the elevator was the floor he landed on. He pulled with most strength up the elevator and when it got to his levl he pushed it up to Annabel. He waited for someone to come.

Edited by 9pmg5665

(... I'm just going to say Nalisha is on Aida's bed... and wait till someone grabs them..)

Blade went up the stairs, throwing every stone out in a way. He got back up and picked up the bed on one side. He dragged it on one side and bought it down stairs. He brought it out to the car." This is the stop. You can get in the passenger seat, Nalisha." Blade picked up Aida and sat her down in the back seat. He closed the door and started the car. He left without Alex or Annabel." Don't worry about the others. They're hunters. They can teleport."

Nalisha got in, then nodded and said "Alright... Are you sure Aida will be alright?" She said looking back at the passed out girl.

" Well we've done all we can. She won't bleed out and she can't die of anything else." Blade replied. He actually grabbed Aida's wrist and felt her pulse. It was weak but stable." Make th- never mind. Ready to go?"