Skypool

Shadow Children

"I can't say I would have done differently. Though not my choice in the world. I had a decent life. Had well nothing to appreciate except being alive. Though you actually had a life. I well, is the Child living to this day? I would suppose that it was your first target." Blade tried his best with sym or empathy. He wasn't the best person with that stuff. " Well now you have a new life. Killing those you had hurt you. I like what you've done with your self since though. Success can't come without sacrifice. Though sacrifice isn't something you willingly agreed to. That makes you stronger then most." Blade finished off.

Kila couldn't help but hear half the conversation. So that's what happened to Annabel. It was more or less the same for her, other then she didn't save any children and back then had no clue about them. Kila shook her head and scolded herself mentally for eavesdropping. She smiled at Nalisha and said "Well, I gotta go Nali. Take care of yourself. I'll be around. And Aida..." she looked over at the stiff Shadow child/hunter and then said "take care as well. I'll be around. Need any help give a call." With that Kila nodded then yelled "See ya Anna and Blade!" Before turning to leave.

--

Akira nodded and sat down 5 bottles of souls in front of him before heading out the door with her key. She appeared in Chicago near Silviria and Blake. Akira walked over and smiled and said "Great, you have a friend. Well Silviria, how would you like a special job to help father and me? And Blake I'll need your help to."

Annabel nodded, a numbness slowly coming over her. She had ascociated this with talking about her old life and had accepted it so instead she focused on the question.

"To my knowledge yes, the child is alive. I devote myself to it's death or mine, whichever comes first. Araceli rescued me from the pit of despair that I had laid down in, and now I do her bidding as best I can. It is her life that I live, the one she gave me, and if success can't come without sacrifice, then I don't wnat to be successful. I just want Sam back." She held up a chain with a plain gold ring on it. "I just want my husband back."

" Eventually, sacrifice will come. Yours wasn't ready. You weren't ready. Nobody could have expected that. I wouldn't have. Though other Hunters might have had the same thing happen to them. Kila seems twitchy when I said 'Human past.' She might have something to talk about." Blade smiled and thought to NY. " And thanks for not snapping at me on this subject. I can understand why you did." Blade left and went to his room. He put his hands on the brass, metal bars of the bed and styled it. He lyed down and dozed off a bit but not enough to be heavily asleep.

(( Now I plan on a time skip hence Silviara, Shadow Blade, and Akiraa get their stuff done on their Children. ))

Annabel nodded as Blade left but didn't say anything else, instead choosing to slip back into a meditative state. She stayed this way for an hour, her husbands ring held tight in one of her hands. Finally she let out a breath before extinguishing the candles and laying down, a single white blanket with flowers printed on it the only thing keeping her warm.

(( Time skip. Next day.))

Blade woke up. He had some eye gunk and picked it out fast. " I wish that I had some food..." Blade waited a while." I wish I had different magic sometimes. " He got up and got to the kitchen. He was wearing a wife beater and some plaid pajama shorts. He pulled out a pan and started cooking bacon. The aroma filled the house with delicious bacon. He pulled out another and made eggs. He kept cooking them while turning on the TV to a morning show of Family Guy with a remote. " Chicago ain't that bad. It could use less crime and noise but its OK." He said to himself. He waited for the other Hunters to come in while keeping the bacon fresh or not trying to burn either food.

Blake grumbled as he was asleep. "Just 5 more minutes..." He said and finally opened his eyes. "Oh, sorry." Blake answered and got out of the car, noting that they were now in a much richer city. Thankfully, it was around night. When Silvaria pointed at one of the buildings around a block away, Blake first narrowed his eyes to get a better view. When he saw the big 'HOTEL' sign over the building, he smiled and turned to Silvaria. "Okay, let's go." He said and turned toward the building, then started a slow walk toward it. He checked his hand in the meantime. Four moons were shining on it. "Perfect, enough of those to cause some chaos." He said and grabbed the hilt of his blade as he walked in the hotel.

Silviara followed Blake as he quickly sauntered through the hotel doors. She smiled sweetly at the receptionist and dove into his mind. He was waiting for a young couple who had called and reserved a room. "We called a while ago, asking about a room?" The man looked skeptical at her, but handed the key over. "Room 83." "Thanks!" She chirped, and looped her arm in Blake's. She sent a thought to him. He needs to think we're a couple while we wander around here, looking for victims.

(( NEXT DAY! biggrin.gif))

Blake slept on the couch lightly. He had taken care of the actual couple that was going to come and now his hand had 5 moons. Blake had covered himself with a thick blanket since it was winter while he let Silviara take the bed instead. His eyes fluttered open and he yawned lightly as he uncovered himself and dressed up. Taking his sword and hiding it in the belt, Blake walked downstairs and grabbed one of those tables that hotel reception used to deliver food. He placed a plate with two beaf steaks that were garnished with hot spices. Then, he placed a plate with five freshly baked toasts. Then, he put in two cups full of tasty tea, then placed a plate with cheese slices, slices from different vegetables, a plate of french fries and an omlette. Part of these was what Blake ate and part of these was what Silviara ate. Blake took the elevator up to his floor and opened the door to his apartment, pushed the table inside and closed the door, then moved the breakfast table next to the bed. "Hey, Silviara... wake up..." Blake said as he took the plate with beef steaks but leaved one, took one of the cups of tea, placed some french fries, some tomato slices and two toasts. He sat down on the table opposite of the bed and started eating while waiting for Silviara to wake up and eat.

Edited by ShadowBlade_ZX

Silviara followed Blake as he quickly sauntered through the hotel doors. She smiled sweetly at the receptionist and dove into his mind. He was waiting for a young couple who had called and reserved a room. "We called a while ago, asking about a room?" The man looked skeptical at her, but handed the key over. "Room 83." "Thanks!" She chirped, and looped her arm in Blake's. She sent a thought to him. He needs to think we're a couple while we wander around here, looking for victims.

Blake slept on the couch lightly. He had taken care of the actual couple that was going to come and now his hand had 5 moons. Blake had covered himself with a thick blanket since it was winter while he let Silvaria take the bed instead. His eyes fluttered open and he yawned lightly as he uncovered himself and dressed up. Taking his sword and hiding it in the belt, Blake walked downstairs and grabbed one of those tables that hotel reception used to deliver food. He placed a plate with two beaf steaks that were garnished with hot spices. Then, he placed a plate with five freshly baked toasts. Then, he put in two cups full of tasty tea, then placed a plate with cheese slices, slices from different vegetables, a plate of french fries and an omlette. Part of these was what Blake ate and part of these was what Silvaria ate. Blake took the elevator up to his floor and opened the door to his apartment, pushed the table inside and closed the door, then moved the breakfast table next to the bed. "Hey, Silvaria... wake up..." Blake said as he took the plate with beef steaks but leaved one, took one of the cups of tea, placed some french fries, some tomato slices and two toasts. He sat down on the table opposite of the bed and started eating while waiting for Silvaria to wake up and eat.

(Uh Akira went to talk to BOTH OF YOU!!

Akira nodded and sat down 5 bottles of souls in front of him before heading out the door with her key. She appeared in Chicago near Silviria and Blake. Akira walked over and smiled and said "Great, you have a friend. Well Silviria, how would you like a special job to help father and me? And Blake I'll need your help to."
)

Anna woke the next day to the smell of food in the house and sighed, trying to block out memories that surfaced because of the smell.

She got up and began to stretch, slowly twisting her body to a fro to work them back into readiness. Her routine never varied, and she always included some yoga positions into the routine just to keep her relaxed. Finally she finished and went into the bathroom, washing herself thoroughly before returning to her room and dressing with the same care. Finally her sword went across her back and she was ready. The kitchen still smelled excellent so she went in and poured herself a glass of milk then helped herself to some breakfast, not really saying anything until she had finished.

"Any particular plan for today?" She asked, munching on a piece of toast she had prepared for herself.

"Yep." Blade said with a smile. He put both foods on a plate before they burnt. He ate a few pieces of the bacon and made egg sandwich. He finished that in a few seconds and licked his greasy fingers. " Well, today we're going hunting. Though we're also going to research a bit. First, what place would have deaths that no one would suspect. Hotels, motels, houses, apartments, and the such. I hope we do make progress though." Blade finshed ehat was left of his meal and left a few peices of bacon for Aida and Nalisha." That, and we should wait a bit for Alex. Not to bring up the memories but we should wait a little bit for her."

((Sorry for the mistakes here. Alex never came here.))

Edited by 9pmg5665

Nalicia yawned awake to the smell of food, and crawled out of bed rubbing her eyes. She was in a pink nightgown and headed to the kitchen with a yawn. She looked at Blade with half open eyes and said tiredly "Onii-chan... what's for breakfast..?"

---

Aida was still fast asleep, she was actually more used to sleeping in the day and being awake at night to find soul's for father. It would take her awhile to get into the habit of sleeping at night.

Blake slept on the couch lightly. He had taken care of the actual couple that was going to come and now his hand had 5 moons. Blake had covered himself with a thick blanket since it was winter while he let Silvaria take the bed instead. His eyes fluttered open and he yawned lightly as he uncovered himself and dressed up. Taking his sword and hiding it in the belt, Blake walked downstairs and grabbed one of those tables that hotel reception used to deliver food. He placed a plate with two beaf steaks that were garnished with hot spices. Then, he placed a plate with five freshly baked toasts. Then, he put in two cups full of tasty tea, then placed a plate with cheese slices, slices from different vegetables, a plate of french fries and an omlette. Part of these was what Blake ate and part of these was what Silvaria ate. Blake took the elevator up to his floor and opened the door to his apartment, pushed the table inside and closed the door, then moved the breakfast table next to the bed. "Hey, Silvaria... wake up..." Blake said as he took the plate with beef steaks but leaved one, took one of the cups of tea, placed some french fries, some tomato slices and two toasts. He sat down on the table opposite of the bed and started eating while waiting for Silvaria to wake up and eat.

Silviara ((please note, everyone, that his is how you spell her name)) blinked a couple times before sitting up. Clutching the blanket close to herself, she shivered. "It's cold today..." She muttered. Nodding thankfully to Blake, she took her plate off the cart. "So, what happened to the people who were supposed to have this room?"

((If the integration I'm trying to do, just tell me and I'll delete this))

Suddenly Akira walked into their hotel room.

Silviara yawned. "Now, Akira? We just found this gold mine of souls. Can't we do it later?"

((Also, when you're made a hunter isn't your memories supposed to be erased? That means Aida and Nalicia shouldn't remember anything from before.))

Edited by Silver_Voices

(No that is only for children.)

Akira rolled her eyes and said "YES NOW! Father has dubbed this the utmost importance. Now... Silviara, how would you like to play spy? Aida needs to be killed, and Nalisha captured (does not know that she is a hunter now xd.png). And I think I could easily sneak you in, with a little performance assisted by Blake." Akira chuckled and said "We shall make it look like you have been shunned and kicked out of our ranks, like Aida is, and hopefully those sympathetic fools of hunters trusts you and lets you in. You will then secretly feed information to Blake and I. Blake will also be doubling his soul count to make up for what would be yours." Akira nodded then said "Now, will you both help, or will you question father's orders?"

Annabel nodded slowly, sipping quietly from her milk. She had done the hunting bit before and knew the ropes, but she also knew how to speed the proccess up.

"We don't need to do a full blown investigation into every murder in Chicago." She said quietly. "That would take forever. No, all we need to do is pin down the most suspicious then get inside. I can tell when shadow magic has been used. Leaves a greasy stain in the surroundings." She said, tapping the side of her head. She finished off her milk and stood.

"While we wait for Alex though, I have a duty to perform." She said, turning and moving off to Aida's room. She stood in the doorway and watched the little girl sleep, then reached into her pocket and produced the golden key. SHe looked at both then sighed and moved in to nudge the small girl.

"Aida, you need to wake up. I need to speak with you." She said quietly at first but raising her voice to a normal level slowly to wake the girl up.

Aida groaned but woke up and said "Huh? A..Alright..." She was still a BIT nervous around Annabel since she just met her recently, but she wasn't to nervous. Just enough to be a little shy still. Aida sat up and rubbed her eyes and then whispered "I.. Gotta get used to the sleep change..."

Blake groaned as Akira appeared and started talking a plan. Why. oh, why did every single time he was just about to eat some tasty food, a mission rose that he needed to take up. "Y'know... that's a good idea, but why don't YOU double your souls instead of me? You're doing nothing while me and Silviara do all the job for you!" Blake said, irritated beyond belief. He took another bite of toast and beef steak, then used his fork to grab a couple of french fries. He ate it as well and sipped some tea. Chewing it down, Blake looked back up at the two. "I say fine, though at least let us have today as a day to rest. I'm tired as hell." Blake said and rubbed his eyes, trying to adjust to the sleep change.

Annabel sat on the edge of Aida's bed and pulled out the little girls key. She showed it to Aida then put it away again.

"You were named a hunter yesterday, under my charge. I have been given keeping of your key and your safety for as long as I deem necassary. I will teach you everything I can about the job, about the prey, and about life in general. In order to do this though, I need some things from you. I need you to trust that I know what I'm doing, that I have your best interests at heart, and that I won't let anything happen to you. I don't expect you to just instantly trust me, after all trust is earned not given, but eventually you must do so. What kind of hunter you are is up to you ultimatly, but I will try and teach you to be on the right side of the spectrum. Your training begins today. Right now in fact. Get up, get ready and grab some breakfast. I want you ready to move in one hour." Annabel stood and looked back at the little girl. She sighed and took off her blindfold, showing the small girl the empty places where her eyes would be.

"Trust works both ways Aida." She said, retying the cloth behind her head. "I made the mistake of trusting to easily awhile ago and payed for it. You will have to earn my trust as well." She turned and left to watch TV, letting the little girl think things through.

(No that is only for children.)

Akira rolled her eyes and said "YES NOW! Father has dubbed this the utmost importance. Now... Silviara, how would you like to play spy? Aida needs to be killed, and Nalisha captured (does not know that she is a hunter now xd.png). And I think I could easily sneak you in, with a little performance assisted by Blake." Akira chuckled and said "We shall make it look like you have been shunned and kicked out of our ranks, like Aida is, and hopefully those sympathetic fools of hunters trusts you and lets you in. You will then secretly feed information to Blake and I. Blake will also be doubling his soul count to make up for what would be yours." Akira nodded then said "Now, will you both help, or will you question father's orders?"

((no, she doesn't))

Blake groaned as Akira appeared and started talking a plan. Why. oh, why did every single time he was just about to eat some tasty food, a mission rose that he needed to take up. "Y'know... that's a good idea, but why don't YOU double your souls instead of me? You're doing nothing while me and Silviara do all the job for you!" Blake said, irritated beyond belief. He took another bite of toast and beef steak, then used his fork to grab a couple of french fries. He ate it as well and sipped some tea. Chewing it down, Blake looked back up at the two. "I say fine, though at least let us have today as a day to rest. I'm tired as hell." Blake said and rubbed his eyes, trying to adjust to the sleep change.

"Honestly, I don't want to. Besides, it probably wouldn't work anyway. That shape-shifter almost believed me, but she somehow got into my mind by shifting into my shape. I really doubt she'd let me back in without testing it out again." Silviara's eyes flashed. "Besides, who says I need someone to take over soul collecting for me? I still have 15 full vials. That's enough to cover me for two days at least." Silviara nodded at Blake. "And I agree. I drove longer than I can remember, so I'm like some sleep." She twirled the spoon with her fingers. A question continued to pound in her head. She had to know. "What happened to Aida? Why must she die?"

Edited by Silver_Voices

Akira had to grit her teeth not to snap at the two. She took a deep breath then put on a smile and said "It will work. I can see if Father can do a bit of a wipe of your memory and make it so you are as innocent as a lamb by memory for awhile, just long enough to get you in. Now Blake, I also have other duties to do, so after 2 days you'll have to double out put." An aura around Akira just dared them to challenge her command and see what happens. She then added "And we do it as SOON AS POSSIBLE. At most I'll give you 12 hours to rest up, then it is on with it. Oh and Aida must die because she has ultimately betrayed us, and thus needs punished. Fathers ruling."

--

Aida looked wide eyed after Annabel. She felt bad for her, and scared a bit. She just sat there staring for a bit, before she put together she had to get ready. She quickly stood up and dashed to find some clothes. Finding some she ran downstairs and skidded into the kitchen looking for something to eat.

Edited by akiraa

Annabel didn't make a spectacle of watching the small girl, but she definatly kept an eye on her, watching as she got dressed and looked for breakfast. She hated that one so young had to face the responsiblity of being a hunter, to have to kill at that age? She shook her head and instead watched the girls aura swirl around. She still didn't fully understand them, but she knew that they could give brief insights into the minds of those around her. Right now Aida was nervous but that was to be expected. She had had a lot thrust onto her and it was good that she was nervous. Ti not be would mean the girl was suicidally brave or stupid, probably both.

Akira had to grit her teeth not to snap at the two. She took a deep breath then put on a smile and said "It will work. I can see if Father can do a bit of a wipe of your memory and make it so you are as innocent as a lamb by memory for awhile, just long enough to get you in. Now Blake, I also have other duties to do, so after 2 days you'll have to double out put." An aura around Akira just dared them to challenge her command and see what happens. She then added "And we do it as SOON AS POSSIBLE. At most I'll give you 12 hours to rest up, then it is on with it. Oh and Aida must die because she has ultimately betrayed us, and thus needs punished. Fathers ruling."

Silviara glared at Akira. Who made her the boss? All they had was her word to go on. She would honestly rather collect souls for father than be around the hunters at all. That one hunter, Annabel would definitely remember her, and wouldn't be so happy to see her. "You weren't there, Akira. I doubt I would be welcome. I killed one of the hunter's family. She wants to kill me." She growled. She laid back in the bed and flipped the steak knife in the air, catching it on the point. "Why not just go kill them?"

Edited by Silver_Voices

When Annabel was certain that Aida had eaten her fill, she walked to the door of the apartment.

"Come on Aida." She said, then looked at Blade. "We'll be back in about an hour." She said, turning and walking into the hallway. She walked towards the stairs, confident that the girl would follow then took them up to the roof of the apartments. There she waited for Aida, wondering how the girl would react.

Akira twitched and darkness started to surround her. Akira then said "Father wants INFO on them first! Then we can kill them and Aida! Now then... that one does pose a problem... Hm..." Akira started thinking for a sec then smiled and said "All we have to do is make it so that you look different. I'm sure Father can find a way to disguise you and wipe your memories. NOW GET GOING! FATHER DUBBED ME HIS RIGHT HAND! HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS? ASK HIM! Now I'd get to your resting. You have 12 hours."

--

Aida yelped then said "Y..Y..Yes Annabel Ma'm!" Before she quickly ran out after her. She had to listen to her. She really did want to help the hunters. She'd fill bad killing her own, but it couldn't be help. It was the only way to get to Father. And she knew Father had to be stopped. She also wanted to show Annabel she could trust her. Aida would believe her and trust her until Annabel proved untrustworthy.

(Yep, Aida trusts easily, as long as she knowes they aren't going to hurt her or are on the right side.)

Nalicia yawned awake to the smell of food, and crawled out of bed rubbing her eyes. She was in a pink nightgown and headed to the kitchen with a yawn. She looked at Blade with half open eyes and said tiredly "Onii-chan... what's for breakfast..?"

" Bacon and eggs. See you later Annabel and Aida." Blade then turned to Nalisha." You know, I haven't thought about switching to Hunter much. So how does it feel being able to know that you use your powers for good, and not evil? We don't really have Children to Hunter switches so what's it like?" Blade asked. He turned back to cooking while trying to flip the food. It didn't jump high but it did jump to the top of it. " How do you like your eggs?"