Skypool

Shadow Children

Nalisha nodded and said "All... all right... and I am...."

Annabel had slid down the elevator cables behind Blade, and watched as he drove off, gently rewrapping her eyes as she did so. Even if he did keep asking about them, at least he was company. What was better, Father wanted one of those girls dead, and that meant more shadow children to kill. Carefully, she judged her jump and teleported, landing in the back seat next to Aida.

"You left without me." She growled, buckling herself in and settling her sword in the seat next to her.

" Get over it." Blade sighed." You teleported anywayn And if me or Aida doesn't get medical attention soon, then I'll get a serious infection and she'll go into a coma."

Edited by 9pmg5665

Anna sat in silence for a moment, considering their options then looked at the girl next to her. She was so small and frail looking, and reminded her of... Anna shook the thought off and turned back to Blade.

"We should take them to Araceli. She can heal you both and the children will be safe. That is the wisest course of action."

" Your right. I'll take Nalisha. You can take Aida." As Blade said that, he grabbed Nalisha's arm. The car would be fine. He did take it with him. Though it became small and could fit in his pocket. The others weren't crushed, they were teleported out of the car. He found Araceli. " Nalisha is ready for Hunter. She protected Alex from a Hunter. And we have another coming. The new one and a Child."

(( Current form of Araceli is close to a 23 year old girl. Grey eyes, blue hair, red eyes. Ghost like skin. She wears a punk out fit with a mo-hawk.))

" Yes. Annabel will be rewarded. You however will not. You will get nothing but you won't give me nothing. Nalisha, come here darling. You can now be one of us. Blade.

Yes?

Who is the other Child?

Aida. She's only scared of the Father. Mind if you heal me and her when she get here?"

Araceli nodded and Blade's wound poofed away. She waited for the other visitors while a blue mist surrounded Nalisha. It engulfed her and made a tatoo on her left shoulder. " How do you feel, Darling?"

Annabel quickly pulled on her sow over her shoulder then unbuckled and slid her hands under the child next to her, cradling the small girl to her chest. Then she made the jump to the realm of light, coming to rest standing next to Blade in a flash of light, the girl still in her arms.

Annabel bowed slightly to Araceli before beginning to speak.

"I do not know the specifics my lady but this 'child' has been hurt and needs help." she held the child forward ever so slightly but not enough to jeprodise her hold. Against her better judgment her instincts as a mother were coming forward and making her want to protect the girl.

" Thank you." As she said that, Annabel's arm was painless and completely fixed. She found Aida an picked her up. Her wounds were given blood and she was restored. " Unfortunately, this new skin has... signs. Aida will not be able to go to the Father without becoming dead. Though from what I can tell, none of mine would do this and leave the job undone. It is obviously from a Child. Its to cruel." Araceli sat back down and had an idea. " If she can prove herself... She can become a... side kick" That almost tortured Araceli. " If all of you approve she... might be able to be a Hunter. She's innocent from what I know. Children aren't to be judged quickly but she seems worthy."

Annabel jerked her head in a nod as her arm instantly stopped hurting.

"Thank you." she said simply, wondering when the child in her arms would wake.

When Araceli began speaking of making the two children hunters Annabel couldn't take it.

"Araceli, I respect you more then anything and am grateful for what you did for me, but I must speak. These children are instruments of Father. Even if they have not killed yet, they will at some point, and then we have children with knowledge of the inner workings of the hunters. I made this mistake all those years ago, please do not do the same."

" And I said might. Aida will never be an official Hunter. Untill things prove other wise." Areceli made mist bring her a glass of wine as she sipped it. " You two are the ones who brought her here. I will let you decide Annabel. Me and Blade have no say right now. And if she does become a Hunter, you will be given posetion of her key. Its your choice. If you say no though, she won't be a Hunter but she won't be a Child. She'll have nothing, be human. But Father will hunt her. Without you guys then she'll probably die in the next week." Areceli finished her wine and the glass poofed into mist. " Nalisha, well me and Blade promised her to be a Hunter and she's never met the Father. Now what is yor choice, young one?"

Annabel opened her mouth to immediatly say no then stopped, looking down at the girl in her arms. She was so small and innocent, just like her daughter. Aida even looked a bit like her daughter. She shook her head clear of these thoughts and looked harder, watching the swirling aura around the child. Yes it was a little dark in some spots, but for the most part, was free and innocent just like a normal childs.

Annabel looked at the girls face and tried to make the smart choice. She was a child, something she had been sworn to hunt. Killing her, even indirectly was part of her job. But she was also innocent, even if slightly touched, the child had done nothing.

"Let her become a hunter." Annabel finally said, her head still bowed. "She is innocent for the moment, and I will keep her that way."

(( Sorry for the time. Had to think of what happened. That and Akiraa and I had to discuss this. She said yes.))

" Then I here by commence, Aida of Child origin, a New Hunter!" Mist of multiple went inside of Aida. It made her float. Marks appeared on her body. More of probation runes. And the classic moon on her shoulder appeared. " I hear by pronounce you, one of us. Shadow Hunter." The mist poured out of Aida's nose. " We welcome you to our kind."

As the missed engulfed her Aida woke up. She was startled and when it was over it took a second for her to process what happened. She looked down at her feet and bowed and said "Th...Thank you very much..." Fearing she was like Father she felt she had to be as formal as possible. Nalisha smiled and ran over to Areceli and said "Thanks Areceli! Happy to see you again!"

Annabel watched the two children with a strange look on her face. She couldn't decide what mood she was in, whether happy, sad, angry, she didn't know. All she knew was that she fervently hoped she hadn't made a mistake. annabel felt the weight of Aida's key settle into her hand and looked down to see it, a small shining gold skeleton key that was beautifully wrought. Hers was similar albeit bigger.

"What would have us do?" Annabel asked, looking at Araceli for guidance. "Father will be looking for Aida even harder now that she has joined us. I can teach her in the arts of fighting, but what other duties would you have of me?"

"Now you are to continue your journey. You are now owner of the key now, Annabel. Be wise. And only use it never." Arecili finished. Her job was done for now. " Now go. I am busy. I will hear from you when you get to Chicago, Blade. Now finish what you need to." Arecili clouded a mist around the group and that usually ment to leave.

Blade pressed the button on his shoulder and appeared in Chicago. " Now to wait." He pulled out the van as it enlarged. He got into it and got to an apartment. It had many things with it. It was for pay and it was up now. He called a man and he drove up. The man took money and gave Blade the deed. " Now we have a home. " He entered the home. It had 3 bed rooms and living room/ kitchen and a bath room. " Ready."

"Now you are to continue your journey. You are now owner of the key now, Annabel. Be wise. And only use it never." Arecili finished. Her job was done for now. " Now go. I am busy. I will hear from you when you get to Chicago, Blade. Now finish what you need to." Arecili clouded a mist around the group and that usually ment to leave.

Blade pressed the button on his shoulder and appeared in Chicago. " Now to wait." He pulled out the van as it enlarged. He got into it and got to an apartment. It had many things with it. It was for pay and it was up now. He called a man and he drove up. The man took money and gave Blade the deed. " Now we have a home. " He entered the home. It had 3 bed rooms and living room/ kitchen and a bath room. " Ready."

(You ignored Nalisha and Aida, and it's a tattoo, not a button..)

(( Not exactly. And I'd appreciate it if you just posted. The group has been sent back to earth. yay. I'm tired.))

Anna looked down at Aida and pocketed the key before taking the childs hand.

"Ready?" She asked before making the jump after Blade. She didn't know where she was going, only that Blade apparently did and that was good enough. The house she ended up in was a nice enough affair, the childrenw ould have to share a room, but other then that crowding wouldn't be an issue.

"Nice place." She commented idly, looking in the cupboard to see if anything was there to be eaten. She doubted there would be but sometimes the universe worked in strange ways.

Silviara finally reached Chicago. She shook Blake, trying to bring him to attention after the long ride. "Blake, come on. Let's get to work." She hopped out and noticed a random hotel about a block away. "Let's go there," she said, pointing. "It's bound to have a few people eager to die."

(Ah something you did forget was Akira. She was talking to Father wink.gif)

Aida almost yelped when the mist engulfed them. Then Anna took her hand and transported them to a house. It felt weird to Aida. Aida blinked and looked at the house and said "Are we really going to live here?" She was actually excited, yet intimidated. She never lived in a house before. It was all new to her. Nalisha transported as well, seeing blade doing it sometimes she got the hang of it. She smiled and said "I like this house!" Someone chuckled behind her and she turned and said "Kila!" The two had made friends a long time ago. Nalisha ran over to Kila and hugged her. Kila smiled and said "Hello Nali (Naah-lee) Good to see you. Heard the news. Also heard about the other girl. I'm guessing she's the half scared half excited girl with the odd marks there?" Nalisha nodded and said "Yeah she's Aida." Aida turned around then made a squeak and hid behind Blade. Kila laughed and said "Don't worry, I won't hurt you! I just thought I'd visit Nali and you guys. I wanted to congratulate Nali on finally becoming a Hunter. My name is Kilana." Kila smiled and then added "But you can call me Kila. Everyone else does."

Edited by akiraa

Father

" And you did not expect it?! Why don't you GET THE OTHER CHILDREN!? You aren't to be trusted with the smart things. I'd prefer that you made your own plan. Spy on them, get info, come back, gather Children, and Attack. That will be the end of the war unless more Hunters come back up. I have no doubt they will. That is why you are now my Right hand. You happen to be the bravest one I have yet, even kind of blunt and dumb founded bravery, but you show progress. Don't worry about the other. They have their positions."

Blade

" Its okay, Aida. She's a Hunter. Or she would have tried to hurt us by now." He turned to Kilana who seemed like a complete opposite from Annabel. " Yes, I'm Blade. Nice to meet you." Blade smiled back at her, and added. " If you want to, we have a home here. " Blade seemed at peace without much action. He went inside. He sat on the couch and flipped on the TV. He laughed at it though he didn't know what was on it. " Humans are funny. Ironic. We used to be humans weren't we? Eh, its behind us." Blade was sort of talking to himself here but he continued to watch the TV.

Kila twitched a little at the comment on 'used to be human' her human time was a touchy subject. She might be able to be friendly to these two shadow children, but one, she met Nalisha a long time ago so she got to know her and Arcelie trusted her, and two she knew that Annabel's was more touchy then hers and she even told Arcelie to trust Aida and turn her. Or else she would have killed them. Without a doubt. (Check her form, children killed her family AND best friend wink.gif ) Kila smiled and said "I would, but I wouldn't want to crowd. I can just stay in the Light realm if I must." Nalisha frowned at the twitch in Kila and said "What's wrong Kila?" Kila smiled down and said "Nothing Nali, I am fine."

--

Akira flinched a bit at Fathers scolding but said "Of course Father, and I would have asked other children but it seems there was none in the area..." Akira sighed and said "Most of them have left to Chicago by now." She stood up and said "If you don't mind father, I will rest then spy. Maybe I can worm Silviria in. A little act could help." Akira smiled and was sure if she could convince Silviria and some other Shadow Children to gang up on her and pretend that she was rejected from the ranks, they would have a nice little spy in the hunters ranks.

Edited by akiraa

Annabel frowned a bit at Blades words, but didn't comment, instead she walked towards the bathroom and went about cleaning herself. It was a ritual she did every morning and evening, scrubbing away the nightmares of the day and night. It was one of the few things she felt like she had total control of and that was something she needed badly, to have control. A white bathrobe went on after she had toweled off and she left the bathroom, moving into a bedroom where she slowly unpacked her things. She carefully hung her sword from a bedpost in easy reach, then changed into some sweats and a tank top. She carefully lit some candles and crossed her legs, trying to get her mind to relax so that she could meditate. Slowly her conciousness left her until she felt like she was floating above her body. These she stayed, at peace for the moment, trying to avoid the hurts and pains the day had visited upon her, not all of them physical.

(Now would be a good time for someone to get personal information out of her if they were so inclined. She is calm and quiet, one of the few times she would be okay to talk with about those things. Also is Blade going to talk about her yelling at him or what?)

Father

" Now go. And make sure to turn in your souls. I can take out Hunters with ease." Father then stopped. " The Hunters will pay." End

BLADE

Blade watched them talk and went to check on Annabel. He watched her as she pretty much went gypsy in the house. He didn't want to disturb her but his conscious told him different. " Mind if I intrude? I'd like to talk about... earlier. I know Hunters nor Children like to talk about their past. But do you mind if I ask why? You know, nobody should want to kill themselves. What was so bad in your life that you wanted to do that?" Blade asked. He had those kind of thoughts himself but that was long ago. Now he was infused with metal. He couldn't do that if he tried. His fibers literally wouldn't let him.

Blake grumbled as he was asleep. "Just 5 more minutes..." He said and finally opened his eyes. "Oh, sorry." Blake answered and got out of the car, noting that they were now in a much richer city. Thankfully, it was around night. When Silvaria pointed at one of the buildings around a block away, Blake first narrowed his eyes to get a better view. When he saw the big 'HOTEL' sign over the building, he smiled and turned to Silvaria. "Okay, let's go." He said and turned toward the building, then started a slow walk toward it. He checked his hand in the meantime. Four moons were shining on it. "Perfect, enough of those to cause some chaos." He said and grabbed the hilt of his blade as he walked in the hotel.

Annabel opened her sight again and looked at Blades aura, trying to judge whether or not he was being sincere or just prying.

"I lost the two things that made my life worthwhile." she explained. "My daughter and my husband. They were both killed by shadow children I had spared. Both died in my arms, my husband first, then my daughter. She choked on her own blood he from internal injuries. They didn't know about my job. They thought I was a social worker. I spiraled out of control, what-ifs and maybes clouded my sight. What if I had told them the truth? Maybe if I hadnt gone on that assignment. Despair was like a pool I sank in to. Then it turned into an ocean, the waves threatening to drown me. Soon the gun looked like the best option."