Skypool

Shadow Children

-Plot-

They’re called many things; monsters, hellbenders, demons, and a plethora of other titles. They formally call themselves the Shadow Children. Their exact origins are unknown, since they can't remember, each of them has lived under the watchful eye of Father. Like the children’s birthplaces, his true name is a mystery no one has yet to discover. Their place of residence is a bit unusual considering it exists in a realm of its own. This world is unseen by humans and can only be accessed with the possession of one of many keys. With one of these keys, anyone could unlock any sort of door, but once they walk through the threshold they are immediately transported to the Realm of Shadows. This place is actually an enormous mansion that floats in an endless void of darkness. If one were to look out of the windows, the only thing they would see is miles and miles of nothingness. Accidentally stepping outside without a key would doom a person to wander the emptiness for eternity.

Now that you know of their world, you may be wondering-what exactly is a Shadow Child? At first glance they appear to be normal human beings, but if you take the time to examine them closely you would stumble upon a few differences to signal that they aren’t what you might have assumed. Firstly, they don’t have shadows when standing in any form of light. Why you ask? Because their shadows are used as a weapon, one that is concealed within their bodies until needed. Their shadows can completely detach from themselves and become a separate entity but they are still connected in a way that allows them to experience the pains and other sensations their shadows experience. Aside from this, they can manipulate the shadows of other people and objects. When in the Realm of Shadows their human appearance shifts and they take on a completely black figure. Another peculiar thing, they don’t leave footprints on the surfaces that they walk on. This is probably the most noticeable thing about them, but the children have two different eye colors. One eye is a normal variation of an accepted color while the other is an inhuman color that is iridescent.

Each child possesses two different gifts, one is a physical ability and the other a mental one. These powers can range from anything such as creating force fields to being able to locate others by detecting their auras. Regardless of their diverse talents, all of them can sense where the others are. In a way, they’re linked telepathically. No matter how far apart one may be from the other, they can still communicate mentally. The only time they experience interference with this is if one of them is sleeping or under some sort of emotional stress.

Father has special plans for his kids, every night once the sun sets, he sends them out on a special task. They collect souls. That’s right, they must go out and kill innocent humans, then they send their shadows into the bodies and unbind their souls from the host. Once the soul is separated from the body, the now soulless form is sent to the abyss of the Realm of Shadows where it mindlessly wanders forever. The soul is then sealed away in tiny glass vials that the children take back to Father for his consumption. They must do this because, until he is strong enough by devouring a certain number of souls, he is unable to leave the mansion. Ultimately he plans to take over the world and become its sole ruler, his children would be just like princes and princesses, able to show themselves for what they really are without facing ridicule.

Now a small organization simply known as the Shadow Hunters knows about the Shadow Children and their Father. They exist solely to make sure that Father’s plan never gets a chance to play out. Their agents can detect the children by a means that is still a secret. Just know that they can find them and once they do, it’s usually a dangerous fight to get rid of them. The hunters aren’t completely reliant on physical weapons to fight, they too have unique abilities.

Maybe the Children and the Hunters will come to some sort of compromise. Maybe the Hunters will kill off all of the Children. Or maybe, Father’s plan will succeed.

-Setting-

This roleplay takes place in the modern world.

-Rules-

- Three characters per person

- Comply with the DC Board Rules

- Romance is allowed.

- Keep it PG-13

- No Godmodding/Powerplaying (The exception of this, is me)

- If you have read the rules, put 'Father' in the other section of the forum.

- One paragraph or more per post (4 to 5 sentences). The occasional one liner is accepted.

- No Gary Stus or Mary Sues

--

-Shadow Child Form-

-Shadow Child Form-
Username:
Character's Name:
Personality:
Abilities: (Two only. One is a physical ability and the other is a mental ability)
Weapons: (Up to two)
Other:

-Shadow Hunter Form-

-Shadow Hunter Form-
Username:
Character's Name:
Personality:
Weapons: (You can only have one additional one as your Hunter already is equipped with a silver stake.)
Abilities: (ONLY 1)
Other: 

Things to know:

- Shadow Hunters can exist in any form, but in any form they have, a moon tattoo can be found on their right shoulder.

- I play Father and Araceli. If anyone dares try to godmod them, you die. No exceptions.

- Shadow Children can be killed if stabbed by a silver stake in the heart.

- If you are a Shadow Child, you can make up people to kill and steal their souls.

- Shadow Children don't have last names.

- Pictures are accepted for forms.

- Shadow Hunters can communicate in the same way as Shadow Children do.

-Info on Shadow Hunters-

Shadow Hunters, the rivals of Shadow Children, reside in the Realm of Light. Their origins are unknown as they can't remember anything except for waking up in the Realm of Light.

Hunters are bound to Araceli, the twin sister to Father. She alone knows Father's true name, but she is unable to speak it, as she had signed a magical contract. The magical contact she signed also renders her helpless when it comes to fighting her brother. She is unable to physically harm him because the attempt causes her to inflict severe wounds on herself. This is the reason why she created or founded the Shadow Hunters.

Shadow Hunters, unlike Shadow Children, can absorb light and redirect it into short blasts of energy. This is useful when fighting the Children as the energy beam renders the Child useless for a short time (1 to 2 minutes). Shadow Hunters can also have 1 additional ability.

Araceli cannot leave the Light Realm because she is nothing more than an insubstantial being, more or less like Father. She strengthens though, each time a Shadow Child is killed. The reason for that is unknown. But as of now, she is pretty much only a pale imitation of a human, but not a particularly strong one. Her present form at the moment is that of an eleven to twelve year old girl. Araceli's true form cannot be unlocked until the magical contract is broken.

Shadow Hunters can still appear human in the Light Realm. The only difference is that a thin golden glow can be found around the outline of their body. Also, their clothing is pure white.

They can leave and come to the Light Realm as they please. They have no need of keys or doors. All they have to do is press their moon tattoo on their shoulder to transport back to the Light Realm. Also, in order to transport somewhere else, they must think of where they wish to go while pressing their tattoo.

Hunters can exist in any form, but in any shape they choose, they have a moon shaped marking on their right shoulder.

--

-Accepted Characters-

-Shadow Child Form-

Username: akiraa

Character's Name: Akira

Appearance: Has one Brown eye, and one very bright purple

Personality: rp'd

Abilities: hysical ability- She can create, control, and manipulate darkness. Turning it into things such as weapons, or even animals that she can use to spy (But these are always dark black and rather whispy with bright crimson eyes)

mental ability-She can make a target very sleepy, to help incapitate them.

-Shadow Hunter Form-

Character's Name: Kilana

Appearance: Kilana

Personality:rp'd

Abilities: Can shift into the form of a cat, or even half shift. She can also manipulate blood as a weapon.

Other: father. She became a shadow hunter when a Shadow Child killed not only her parents, but her best friend.

-Shadow Child Form-

Username: MendezLightning

Character's Name: Lucy Ellis

Appearance: Lucy

Personality: She’s very apathetic and seems lazy and she doesn’t care about much, in fact she shows very little respect to people, and she knows this, so she keeps quiet when meeting with Father. Lucy has very little understanding of other people’s emotions

Abilities: Physical: Can use shadows as portals, Mental: Can read people’s emotions

Weapons: Jericho 941

Other: Father

-Shadow Hunter Form-

Character's Name: Jakub Andrew

Appearance: Jakub

Personality: He’s very confident and happy, quite flirty as well. Everyone thinks that he takes life as a joke, but he takes his job as a Shadow Hunter very seriously.

Weapons: Desert Eagle

Abilities: Can make his light beams burst into smaller spikes, increases the range, but dulls the stunning effect

-Shadow Child Form-

Username: Sky

Character's Name: Echo

Appearance: When in a different realm, Echo has silvery white hair and a pale complexion. One of he eyes is an opalescent blue and her other is a brilliant green.

Personality: To be RP'd

Abilities: Persuasion and Mental Incapitation (She makes them either feel pain or absolutely nothing).

Weapons: Ebony Bow

Other: The code word rule does not apply to me.

-Shadow Hunter Form-

Username: Sky

Character's Name: Colton

Appearance: Colton has untidy black hair and blue eyes. He is kind of gangly, but not unprettily so.

Personality: To be RP'd

Weapons: A sword known as Fidelus

Abilities: Can shapeshift into any creature or object.

Other: The code word rule does not apply to me.

-Shadow Hunter-

Username: 9pmg5665

Char. name: (unknown preffers) Blade

appearance:Blade changes his look many times a week but in the end changes to the first which is usually a blonde short haired scalp with a maskerade(mask around eyes which are red).

Personality: Blade came from the unknown not even knowing where he himself came from but he just tells people that are not hunters" If you needed to know I would have told you by now" and he leaves and finds a secret place before others do. He prefers to do everything alone and gets things done faster if he is. Last, he is very sympathetic to those need his sympathy and does fall a bit easy for girls that have his qualities.

Abilities: he can form metal into his vision of it.

weapons: metal hands/stronger hands(scale 1-10 8.)

Other: hunter,father

-Shadow Child Form-

Username: voltage

Character's Name: spike

Appearance: Spike is tall around 6'1" and 250 lbs mostly muscular one eye is hazel while the other is red

Personality: he is shy when first meets you will probably start acting like he will fight you. once he knows you he is trusting and very protective. he also loves a challange and sometimes rushes

Abilities: move stuff with his mind and able to shoot lightning or it surrounds his hands so if he grabs you it electrocutes you

Weapons: he has a Katana for close up and an Uzi or crossbow for long range

Other: father

-Shadow Hunter Form-

Username: Matmetchi 8D

Character's Name: Etherelle Cinders

Appearance: [Etherelle]

Personality: Usually distant and cold to others, she's elegant to the bone. She'll attack any challenge ahead of her with full force and pinky out.

Weapons: She specializes in sniping, but for close combat she uses a saber sword.

Abilities: There are traces of acid found in her bloodstream which she's able to manifest and control in either a liquid or spray form from open wounds.

Other: Father. Oh, and to complete her, she has a french accent. Ha ha.

-Shadow Child Form-

Username: jaina

Character's Name: Cielo (Pronounced like cello)

Appearance: Cielo

Personality: Hard. That's the first word someone might use to describe Cielo. From a brief encounter one would find that she is cold and rarely acknowledges the other people around her. This isn't without reason though, as she's questioned Father on more than one occasion and paid the price for it physically and mentally only to now lock away most of her emotions beneath her armored exterior. Inside though, she's as soft and innocent as a child and it shows through on occasion.

Abilities:

~Amped body - Cielo doesn't have the strength nor the speed or endurance of a shadow child that has a physical ability specializing in such, instead her body is an all-arounder. She's much stronger, faster, and has more endurance than any human, but she isn't anywhere near as capable in those areas as a Shadow child who chose just one for their ability.

~Understanding - Cielo is capable of instantly using any weapon she lays her hands on with the skills of a master.

Weapons:

~The segmented great sword from her picture. This weapon is capable of splitting at each of the lines to nearly triple in length and behave like a whip.

~Browning M2 Machine Gun - Stripped of its bipod and standard button firing mechanism to instead have a normal trigger, this .50 caliber monster is fired by Cielo from a position at her right hip.

-Shadow Child Form-

Username: XLaurentX

Character's Name: Lullaby

Appearance: Lullaby Cyan eye and blue eye.

Personality: She is a somewhat strange girl. She likes quiet places and is quiet herself due to her shyness. She hardly talks to anyone,she would rather sit and read

Abilities: Her singing can put people into a deep sleep. She can see the types of souls

Weapons: Kunais and a dagger

-Shadow Hunter Form-

Username: dreamgirl5

Character's Name: Melody

Appearance: Melody

Personality:

Weapons: she has a sword that has blade on either side of the handle. its pretty big but she is very skilfull with it.

Abilities: shapeshifting. she can change into any creature she wants, but she mostly changes into snow leopard and sometimes dragon. (as dragon, as snow leopard

Other: Father. she knows Taekwon-Do (its fighting skill similar to karate if you don't know)

-Shadow Child Form-

Username: ShadowBlade_ZX

Character's Name: Blake

Appearance: After two hours of searching, I present you Blake -.- Eyes are a forest-like dark green, and a unsettling dark gray for his other eye. Personality: Blake is the mysterious type. He doesn't like to talk, he can be the one that is most isolated from the group and even had once disappeared from the Shadow Children, only to return not an hour later. Although, there are times that Blake 'shifts' to his second personality and seems to care, like, love, hate and most importantly, have feelings at all. Also, when he 'shifts', he always likes to be in groups of one to two people, excluding him.

Abilities:

~Destructive power - this ability was unknown to Blake until very, very lately, when he accidentally destroyed a car by pounding his fist on the hood of the car. It seems that when Blake drains a soul, a tiny bit of the soul, enough for Blake and Father's needs, is stored inside him in the form of a pocket. He can see how much of these 'pockets of power' he has on his forearm-every pocket is reflected as a moon. Half moon means that half the pocket is full and a full moon means that the pocket is filled. It usually takes two souls to fill one pocket, but when unleashed, Blake sends waves and waves of Shadow energy around him, then consumes them and uses them to hit his target ferociously three times. The hits usually end up ripping an heavily armored tank to shreds, but they don't last long-just after consumation of Shadow energy, Blake has three seconds to attack. (BTW, this got long, so I better get on with this. )

~Curse of the Dead - this ability was the first one Blake had. What happens is, when Blake looks at a person - it doesn't have to look back at him - he marks the person. Then, after enough time, wherever the person is, if darkness is present, he will start getting visions of dead people. This causes even the most strong people freeze in horror as they stare at the dead people moaning and crying, trying to get out of the shadow realm. This may give just enough time for Blake to appear and kill the person.

Weapons: Blake's only but favorite and most effective weapon is his Blade of the Wretched Shadows.

Other: This... is long. FATHER, SAVE ME.

-Shadow Hunter Form-

Username: Bloodykisses123

Character's Name: Alex

Appearance: user posted image

Personality: A silly, loving, stubborn as heck shadow hunter that doesn't give up for anything. She loves her friends and likes to show off a bit. She is usually good with people but gets very very serious when shadow children are near.

Weapons: Morphing scythe.

Abilities: Can morph or transform into any animal, weapon, or thing.

Other: Father. She lost her family when she was very young to shadow children. For the rest of her life, she traveled, training to defeat shadow children.

Edited by Skypool

I'd like to join as a shadow child! smile.gif I'm still new to online RP though; I've only done D&D games with my friends in real life, so feel free to give me some pointers along the way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Ah, whoops. Sorry, I'm still new to DC Forums. I guess I'll offer some critique then? o.o

You didn't mention anything in regards to the setting of this story...is it in a medieval time period, or modern? Are we playing in a world with geography akin to our own, or is this a new dimension altogether?

Some specific information about hunters would also be good, because aside from the 'unique abilities,' which is...vague, to say the least, they seem quite underpowered. How do they receive these abilities, that allow them to detect and fight the shadow children that 'mere humans' would call monsters? It's a work in progress, but if people get creative, then you have an interesting concept going! smile.gif

Edited by Indura

Indura, you cannot post forms yet!^^ I will edit this soon and answer your questions... I'm posting from my cell phone.

(I really like this idea ^^ I'd like to join as soon as it's approved smile.gif

Another question: Isn't there a limit to the mental or physical powers? Someone could say "Super strength" and "Ability to absorb life in a few seconds", so I think you need to put a cap on that ...

And another thing: What are the Shadow Hunters? Do they have powers? Where do they come from? Are just normal people? Are they lead by someone like Father?)

(I really like this idea ^^ I'd like to join as soon as it's approved smile.gif

Another question: Isn't there a limit to the mental or physical powers? Someone could say "Super strength" and "Ability to absorb life in a few seconds", so I think you need to put a cap on that ...

And another thing: What are the Shadow Hunters? Do they have powers? Where do they come from? Are just normal people? Are they lead by someone like Father?

((To answer your questions about Shadow Hunters, I've added a small section dedicated to them. Also, I am not going to limit the powers of Shadow Children. But I can and will draw a line if someone puts, 'the power of invincibility' or the power of "raising back the dead'.

Also, the setting of this is in the modern world.))

I was here before you edited with the shadow hunters thing and you said 1 additional ability so is that 3 or 1?

Shadow Children have two abilities.

Shadow Hunters have the energy converting ability ALONG with one additional ability of the roleplayer's choice.

Skypool, anyway I can rejoin this with my old char's when accepted xd.png i liked it, and wondered why you closed it. Also, how can shadow hunters leave and enter the light realm? Can Araceli leave the light realm? Are Shadow hunters different looking in the light realm?

Yes, you can rejoin! I just decided to put it in here because I need a Lit roleplay to become an Approver. Also to answer your questions, read this:

Araceli cannot leave the Light Realm because she is nothing more than an insubstantial being, more or less like Father. She strengthens though, each time a Shadow Children is killed. The reason for that is unknown. But as of now, she is pretty much only a pale imitation of a human, but not a particularly strong one. Her present form at the moment is of a eleven to twelve year old girl. Araceli's true form cannot be unlocked until the magical contract is broken.

Shadow Hunters, unlike Shadow Children, can still appear human in the Light Realm. The only difference is that a thin golden glow can be found around the outline of their body. Also, their clothing is pure white.

Shadow Hunters can leave and come to the Light Realm as they please. They have no need of keys or doors. All they have to do is press their moon tattoo on their shoulder to transport back to the Light Realm.

--

This will be added to the section about Shadow Hunters.

ah ok smile.gif Though the creepy/odd part of it is, i was going to tell you you should have Araceli strengthen with the death of Shadow Children xd.png

Seems like a pretty solid story, I can see plenty of potential with this one. Below I've listed excerpts of full sentences I've made suggested grammatical corrections to. Nothing major, just punctuation and clarification.

Do note, that these are just suggested changes that I'd do myself, and are by no means compulsory or complete. smile.gif

Additionally, I've added little comments in brackets to explain these where necessary. Good luck on approval.

"Their place of residence is a bit unusual considering it exists in a realm of its own."

"The only time they experience interference with this is if one of them is sleeping or under some sort of emotional stress."

"Father has special plans for his kids, every night once the sun sets, he sends them out on a special task."

"Ultimately he plans to take over the world and become its sole ruler,"

"Hunters are bound to Araceli, the twin sister to Father."

"She alone knows Father's true name, but she is unable to speak it, as she had signed a magical contract."

"She is unable to physically harm him without inflicting severe wounds on herself." (first 'herself' redundant)

"This is the reason why she created or founded(?) the Shadow Hunters. (not sure on what your intent was, this might be unnecessary)

"She strengthens though, each time a Shadow Child is killed." (changed to singular)

"Her present form at the moment is that of a eleven to twelve year old girl.."

Since this has been here for more than two weeks now, I will start accepting applications.

If I can join this is my form and I am a shadow hunter

Username: 9pmg5665

Char. name: (unknown preffers) Blade

appearance:Blade changes his look many times a week but in the end changes to the first which is usually a blonde short haired scalp with a maskerade(mask around eyes which are red).

Personality: Blade came from the unknown not even knowing where he himself came from but he just tells people that are not hunters" If you needed to know I would have told you by now" and he leaves and finds a secret place before others do. He prefers to do everything alone and gets things done faster if he is. Last, he is very sympathetic to those need his sympathy and does fall a bit easy for girls that have his qualities.

Abilities: he can form metal into his vision of it.

weapons: metal hands/stronger hands(scale 1-10 8.)

Other: hunter,father

Edited by 9pmg5665

Character's Name: Lucy Ellis

Appearance: http://jojonews.com/wp-content/uploads/201...hley-Greene.gif'> Lucy

Personality: She’s very apathetic and seems lazy and she doesn’t care about much, in fact she shows very little respect to people, and she knows this, so she keeps quiet when meeting with Father. Lucy has very little understanding of other people’s emotions

Abilities: Physical: Can use shadows as portals, Mental: Can read people’s emotions

Weapons: Jericho 941

Character's Name: Jakub Andrew

Appearance: http://media.photobucket.com/image/jakub%2.../heyhihello.jpg'> Jakub

Personality: He’s very confident and happy, quite flirty as well. Everyone thinks that he takes life as a joke, but he takes his job as a Shadow Hunter very seriously.

Weapons: Desert Eagle

Abilities: Can make his light beams burst into smaller spikes, increases the range, but dulls the stunning effect

((9pmg5665, you're forgetting something. Also, their age is not really necessary. Shadow Hunters are basically immortal and have long forgotten their age. And both of you, 9pmg5665 and MendezLightning, would you mind adding the part of your form which tells you whether your character is a Hunter or a Child? It would help me immensely.))

Edited by Skypool

Here's my old ones

-shadow child-

Character's Name: Akira

Appearance: Has one Brown eye, and one very bright purple

Personality: rp'd

Abilities: hysical ability- She can create, control, and manipulate darkness. Turning it into things such as weapons, or even animals that she can use to spy (But these are always dark black and rather whispy with bright crimson eyes)

mental ability-She can make a target very sleepy, to help incapitate them.

-shadow hunter-

Character's Name: Kilana

Appearance: Kilana

Personality:rp'd

Abilities: Can shift into the form of a cat, or even half shift. She can also manipulate blood as a weapon.

Other: father. She became a shadow hunter when a Shadow Child killed not only her parents, but her best friend.

Edited by akiraa

((Accepted, but please add the -Shadow Child Form- and -Shadow Hunter form- thingy on the top of your form. It helps me sort things better. MendezLightning, yours are also accepted.))