Kamak

Pottermore

Yes it helped me a lot, thanks to you I was able to get to the end of the chapter. Now I will have to see if I am missing anything and go back and find them if I am, then the wait for the next book to open.

I'm missing a load of stuff. I either can't pick them up are they aren't showing to begin with T-T

That's not very helpful on either account. Can't you tell someone about it?

I'm missing a load of stuff. I either can't pick them up are they aren't showing to begin with T-T

I know there are two things in chapter 18 that have never shown up for me. I only discovered that there were some things I didn't have when I looked at a guide. As this has been known for some time now, it rather seems like the Pottermore people intend to do nothing about it ..

By the looks of it I'm not the only one with this problem, but no matter what browser I use, (firefox/google/explorer) it doesn't change.

I know there are two things in chapter 18 that have never shown up for me. I only discovered that there were some things I didn't have when I looked at a guide. As this has been known for some time now, it rather seems like the Pottermore people intend to do nothing about it ..

They might lose a lot of players if they don't fix it.

They might lose a lot of players if they don't fix it.

I kind of doubt that a lot of people would outright quit because of this.

It's the little things that add up, though. Pottermore has always been buggy and the fixes... well, they take ages and then often they create more bugs with those fixes. By now some people have gotten so frustrated with all those bugs, that they just quit Pottermore altogether...

It's the little things that add up, though. Pottermore has always been buggy and the fixes... well, they take ages and then often they create more bugs with those fixes. By now some people have gotten so frustrated with all those bugs, that they just quit Pottermore altogether...

^

|

|

|

This is the reason why players might leave the game.

..and still there is no fix on those missing items. At least they still do not show up for me.

There'll be new chapters on Thursday, though. Article here

My college is a very Christian uni. They have strict access to the interwebs and even more so in the dorms. The funny thing? Pottermore is not at all blocked.

I make a lot of potions to pass the time. xP

I always love when a new book is released to explore. Gives a bored college student something to do. Plus, a few other girls in my dorm play pottermore too. We have fun.

I'm gonna have to go check and see if I missed any items. I'm currently stuck on the Polyjuice Potion, I'm too slow on the second half of the first part. >_<

EDIT: Holy crap, Hufflepuff seems to be in the lead for the House Cup! o.o

Edited by Raikielia

I only created an account in Pottermore for the sorting tests. laugh.gif In Hogwarts, I belong to Slytherin. In Ilvermorny, I belong to Thunderbird. ^^

I got a wand too and I never gave it any attention until recently. The description for the wood, core, flexibility, and length was a good read. The wand really suits me. ^^

Has anybody taken the new Patronus test that just came out? I thought the graphics were absolutely stunning, although I was a bit sad the actual Patronus didn't come with a description/explanation. Mine was a Leopard!

Has anybody taken the new Patronus test that just came out? I thought the graphics were absolutely stunning, although I was a bit sad the actual Patronus didn't come with a description/explanation. Mine was a Leopard!

I did! It took many tries and finding a list that showed you how to get each patronus, but I did it! tongue.gif

Fun fact for you: Leopard, Leopardess and and Shark all share the same path, and they all come up about 33% of the time, so you could have gotten a leopardess or shark too.

I'm a bit disappointed with the possible patronuses. There's variations on cat, dog, bird, and even different fish, but there's no Australian animals. I would really want a quokka patronus if it existed! smile.gif

Edited by AppleMango

yeah apparently im either a dolphin (ok?) or a manx cat (what???) i dunno i didnt love it it feels really rng-based. the lack of explanation for your patronus doesnt really help.

Edited by Switch

I miss the long tests that were way more accurate. I am not at all pleased with my result. =|

I miss the long tests that were way more accurate. I am not at all pleased with my result. =|

Same. I think it's worth doing the test again if you aren't happy with your result. You can get different patronuses even if you choose the words you like the most because the question sets can be different.

You can delete your account and remake it immediately and redo the tests. If you have anything else you'll lose it though. But all I can find to do on Pottermore is read articles?

You lose the books if you bought them though. But I'm just wondering like what is there to even do on Pottermore?

If anyone is wondering/interested, here is the list for how to get all the different patronuses.

Major spoilers though. I also highly recommend doing the test before looking at this if you haven't already, cause otherwise you can't get like, the full experience. You can google 10 minute mail and make an email that will last long enough to sign up and verify your account, then if you get one you like you can use the list to make sure you get it again on your main account smile.gif I hope that all makes sense. And people realise it's a suggestion haha.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/199c...t?usp=drive_web

I'll try and find the article where this is linked, cause I think the person that made this deserves credit

Here's the article. I don't know if there's language in the comments I'm too lazy to check right now so read at your own discretion

https://m.reddit.com/r/harrypotter/comments...quiz_breakdown/

Edited by AppleMango

Same. I think it's worth doing the test again if you aren't happy with your result. You can get different patronuses even if you choose the words you like the most because the question sets can be different.

You can delete your account and remake it immediately and redo the tests. If you have anything else you'll lose it though. But all I can find to do on Pottermore is read articles?

My only problem is that I took the Hogwarts House and Wand tests on the original site, and I don't want to lose those results. Dx

I personally do not understand why the staff is so complacent with users creating so many accounts to get the results they want rather than just let people re-take the tests a few times. JKR herself said that your patronus can change - hers changed between two times she took the test. So why shouldn't re-taking be available to users? >_>

Thanks for the suggestion, though. ^^

@Switch I got a dolphin too sleep.gif Until I got a bat biggrin.gif

My only problem is that I took the Hogwarts House and Wand tests on the original site, and I don't want to lose those results. Dx

I personally do not understand why the staff is so complacent with users creating so many accounts to get the results they want rather than just let people re-take the tests a few times. JKR herself said that your patronus can change - hers changed between two times she took the test. So why shouldn't re-taking be available to users? >_>

Thanks for the suggestion, though. ^^

Yeah I know. It's a pain. Dx Just let us retake the test sad.gif

I got the same house when I retried, but if I didn't I would just delete my account and then try again. tongue.gif I think you could probably use the 10 minute mail to make an acc, try the tests, then claim it on your old account. (Actually, I'll try this for you and get back to you on that.)

You can't. It's only for people that had accounts earlier before there was a big change and people had usernames and stuff. Which I suspected actually. I did find this (Spoilers), though, a guide for the sorting hat.

Not that you have to, you should be happy with your acc though tongue.gif Hahaha

It took me sooooooo long to get the bat, I was trying to make my own spreadsheet like the one I linked in my post, and I did probably at least 100 tests before my friend sent that spreadsheet to me and I could just get it. So when I made my new account, since I knew how to get it, I did the other tests first.

Edited by AppleMango

I was playing with multiple accounts to experiment with patronuses, and I got a different result each time I tried genuinely. So.. not that accurate. :/

I found out how to get a thestral patronus, though. xd.png

I was playing with multiple accounts to experiment with patronuses, and I got a different result each time I tried genuinely. So.. not that accurate. :/

I found out how to get a thestral patronus, though. xd.png

Yeah. All the question sets have matching words in the other sets, so you can still get any from any question sets, but your words that you like might not match up the same way as they do on the test, so you can get different results.

Does that make sense?

I was in Slytherin on old Pottermore. Lost access to that account so started over and new Pottermore declared me a member of Hufflepuff, lol. My Patronus is a Chow dog. I don't know.

I was in Slytherin in the old version of the test and I was still in Slytherin in the new version of the test. Great. Despite those favorable results, I still prefer the longer tests.

~~~

My patronus is a dolphin. I wanted my patronus to be one of my favorite creatures but for me, getting a dolphin is better than getting the other results I have seen.

I was not able to pick a word on the first set of words I saw, which was really unsettling for me. But I can live with it now. laugh.gif

Edited by Natevaelle

Even before I took the test everyone knew I was in Slytherin, though I suppose my choice to throw the test in Slytherin's favor just sealed the deal xd.png In Ilvermorny I'm part of Thunderbird (the house of adventurers, I think) which suits me rather well happy.gif

I was originally pretty bummed to have a buzzard for a patronus, but after doing a little reading I've realized that they're actually pretty neat.

Edited by polaristar