Kamak

Pottermore

I can't wait for the fun to start up again.

Looks like the work on the update has fouled up potion making again. Same error as last time too - everything apart from the stirring counter works. On 3 different browsers....... its getting annoying.

A little update:

An Update – All in the finer details

Our artists are putting the final touches to some slugs, bugs, quills and watery spills in the next Pottermore chapters.

Will you be able to guess where these might appear in the new Moments...?

Soo... If they are putting the final touches on things, perhaps they are getting closer to the end of the process, and we'll soon have something more to play with? I can hope, in any case tongue.gif

Oh gosh, I haven't been on Pottermore in ages. I hope they get the new chapters up soon, maybe that will motivate me. I am the worst Gryffindor.

Hurry up and finish..getting antsy to start playing

This doesn't have anything to do with new chapters, but thought I'd share anyway:

Onsite update:

Our Tech team are working to bring back your total house points earned. You’ll be able to see your current points earned since the last Pottermore House Cup, as well as your total.

It's nice that they haven't forgotten about this. I think it'll be good to see my total, as I did make an effort gathering points earlier.

A sneak peek of one of the next moments, the deathday party, has been posted at the Insider. Click here :3

A sneak peek of one of the next moments, the deathday party, has been posted at the Insider. Click here :3

Peeves! I always wanted to know why is he so different from other ghosts.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

Yay, thanks for sharing, Nimrodel! I'm also glad they chose to bring back points. <:

Never heard of Deathday before seeing this thread. If it was in the books, I must've missed it. xP

/still can't wait till the third book in case we get Patronuses owo

The wait for next chapters is bad, but what's worse is the fact that the potions are STILL BUGGED! So that really limits what I can do as i'm poor at duelling.

Guess I'll give them another week to fix that, otherwise I'm out for good..... new content without the bug fixes is less than useless....

/still can't wait till the third book in case we get Patronuses owo

OMG. I totally forgot about those! It'll probably be another quiz thingy. Bet mine is a toad or something xd.png

Peeves isn't a ghost, he's a poltergeist.

Love the bit about the deathday party and yes it was in the book. I hope we do get a Patronuses and I can't wait to see what I get for one.

Yeah, I'm in the "I hope we get patronuses"-group too! I'm pretty excited about that, and will be severely disappointed if we don't get any tongue.gif

Me too! But it seems like a major part they wouldn't overlook at least without facing the wrath of a whole group of online muggles :P... hopefully!

Oh goddd, if I get something terrible after being so happy about my wand and house. XD I'll still do the test honestly and not rig it because I want to see which one fits me best :) I'm so lame. XD

I'm hoping there will be more Patronus options than what happened with the wand cores, if they're implemented. <:

I'll answer it honestly too, but all the time I will be desperately hoping for a creature I actually like! Can't pretend like I won't be disappointed if I get a patronus I'm not fond of..

I do hope the patronus test (if that's the way they do it, and I hope it is. It'll be disappointing if we just get assinged a random animal) is well thought out, so that it won't be obvious which questions lead to which animal and such. And, as you say, that there'll be plenty of options. It will definitely be more fun if not everyone you know has the same patronus as you ^^" Of course, with so many users, everyone can't get a different one, but I do hope they add as many as possible so that they seem somewhat more unique

I'll answer it honestly too, but all the time I will be desperately hoping for a creature I actually like! Can't pretend like I won't be disappointed if I get a patronus I'm not fond of..

This.

I've been honest at everything else so far, so I don't see why I should quite now.

Even if it is something horrible, I'll stick with it.

Same. For sure. I can just imagine being like D8 if Pottermore was real and I had to summon an animal I wasn't fond of to save my life. :P Nah, that would just be self-depreciating. =P

Yeah, me too. Hopefully it won't turn into one of those "What's your spiritual animal?" quizzes in which hawks and wolves always seem to be the dominant pick for most people. XD But I have slightly more faith in the Pottermore team - they did a pretty good job with the house sorting quiz (until people starting picking the answers apart :P). Patronuses work on the same/similar principle, don't they?

Awks if you have to like, click on choices of happy memories and that somehow reflects your personality + chooses your Patronus. x3

It would make sense to have a quiz similar to the sorting hat to choose patronuses, I think.

And now they have announced that the next house cup will be awarded in november:

We’re excited to announce that the next Pottermore House Cup will be awarded in November.

The exact date will be confirmed nearer the time, and in the run up to the award, it’s time to unite and earn honest points for your houses in this spirited competition. Declare your house pride – whether you’re in Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw, it’s your chance to share your rallying messages.

Last time, Slytherin won the inaugural Pottermore House Cup and as champions, received early access to the first chapters of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

This time the winner’s reward will be something different, and we’ll reveal more details at a later date. Until then, we want to know what you think it might be? You can let us know your ideas on our Facebook and Twitter pages.

We’ll be updating you on all future news about the Pottermore House Cup, here on the Insider.

So at least we know all the rest of the chapters will have to be released before that

I stopped playing for a while then my friend got me into it again. My dueling is now really bad and the highest I've been able to get is 143. I used to get 143 as my average sad.gif. I guess practice makes perfect, right?

Wonder what the reward will be. o3o That quote makes it sound like it's something bigger and better than the previous. >_> Though, I didn't really find the first prize all that amazing so it's not hard to top it for me, haha.

@ bananawolf: Aw. Shouldn't be too hard, don't worry! I mean, it's easier to pick up again after a break compared to potions. Dueling was depressing when I tried it after my break. No instant matchups and it took forever for an opponent to finally be paired with me. :c

I don't realy find waiting for a partner discouraging. You get the points in the end either way. Sometimes, especially at night, it's just slow.

I'm just really impatient, I guess. That, and it was definitely more exciting when Pottermore was all new and shiny and it felt a lot more "active". :D And sometimes I wondered whether I even got paired up for all the duels I made. x3

A new update from the Insider. Now they say "..in the next instalment of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, which will be released shortly" - not very specific, but meh..

There's a tiny sneak peek at the exclusive content about Peeves. Clickie to see the post.