Kamak

Pottermore

Cheaters in Hufflepuff? Isn't that breaking some kind of HP universe rule? I thought they were all for honest toil?

Considering the user with the highest points, not only in Hufflepuff but in all of Hogwarts, got their account removed today, it appears to be so. I expect Ravenclaw's top scorer to be next.

And eh, there are cheaters in every house. I've reported a lot of people from my own common room for it. I'd love to win the Cup (probably not ever gonna happen) but I want to do it legitimately.

For what it's worth, the Sorting Hat sort of makes mistakes from time to time. It isn't very common in universe, but especially on Pottermore where people deliberately try to get into certain Houses it's more common. Peter Pettigrew is a good example, being one of the most cowardly characters in the entire series, and a Gryffindor.

I think the sorting house in the books sorts using what he finds in the student's head at the time. But people change. Someone who could start off with more Hufflepuff tendancies could slowly become more Slytherin while at the school.

Besides, 11 isn't really a great age to try and figure out someone's personality. You're just a kid and your ego/self is still probably sorting its self out.

Yeah, but I don't think magic could search stuff on google or raise dragons online x3.

I've got to try~

I think the sorting house in the books sorts using what he finds in the student's head at the time. But people change. Someone who could start off with more Hufflepuff tendancies could slowly become more Slytherin while at the school.

Besides, 11 isn't really a great age to try and figure out someone's personality. You're just a kid and your ego/self is still probably sorting its self out.

That's precisely why Dumbledore thought about sorting kids a bit later.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were cheaters in all the houses, but some are probably more clever than others, and don't cheat themselves up to being the top scorer, but rather adds smaller amounts to their scores so that it's not so obvious

That's precisely why Dumbledore thought about sorting kids a bit later.

Yeah I just remembered he said something like that to Snape in one of his memories and was coming back to edit xd.png

Yule ball, but I think that memory was showed later in the DH. tongue.gif

I would love if we had an option to go through sorting once a year ( with different questions of course). It wouldn't change a thing, we would still stay in our original houses, but it would be nice to know how much we changed.

To be honest, I thought about deleting my account and trying again with the start of each year, just to check biggrin.gif

Edited by PointOfOrigin

I don't see that working. If someone who was in Slytherin was found to have turned into a Hufflepuff, then they may be ostracised by their former house. Other Hufflepuffs may not trust them because of their house history.

I don't see many Gryffindors being happy about being told they were now a Slytherin either. Or a Ravenclaw into a Hufflepuff.

Edit: If you delete your account you would lose everything you had done and all your friends.

Edited by Fortune86

At the same time, the Sorting Hat seems to have some sort of foresight... Neville ends up quite the Gryffindor, but in Book 1 he really isn't all that heroic. Sure, he gets his moment at the end of the book when he tries to stop the trio, but...

Even so, the Sorting Hat basically refused to put him into Hufflepuff like he wanted.

When did it say Neville wanted to go into Hufflepuff? huh.gif

We knew nothing of Neville at that point, only Harry's POV. For all we knew Neville had done plenty of brave things that let him qualify for a spot in Gryffindor.

For example, he mentioned that his family had spent some time and effort trying to force the magic out of him for fear he might be a squib. We never learned how he reacted to all of that. I remember a part where he says an uncle or someone was hanging him out the window by his ankles and accidentally dropped him (I think this was where his magic revealed itself). Was he crying and screaming at this? Or did he take it in his stride? It sounds like his family resorted to some pretty drastic measures to magic him out, possibly over years given that most young wizards or witches start displaying signs at six or seven. He may not have appeared as the bravest person in Gryffindor, but he was no nervous wreck either.

I think it's under Hat stall, over at Pottermore. Basically, the closest persons to hat stall were Hermione ( Ravenclaw vs. Griffindor ) and Neville ( Hufflepuff vs. Griffindor).

Yeah, I know I would loose everything. That's the only reason why I didn't do it yet.

It's part of the additional material from Rowling... probably in the chapter where you get sorted. Reading the additional material is the only real reason I stick around Pottermore.

I've either missed it or I don't remember it.

I love the additional materials. They shed so much light and make new love for a lot of characters. I think a more of Uncle Vernon now for example.

I love the additional materials. They shed so much light and make new love for a lot of characters. I think a more of Uncle Vernon now for example.

Me too. I especially like the details - why she choose that number for privet drave and so on.

From Pottermore:

An archaic Hogwarts term for any new student whose Sorting takes longer than five minutes. This is an exceptionally long time for the Sorting Hat to deliberate, and occurs rarely, perhaps once every fifty years.

Of Harry Potter’s contemporaries, Hermione Granger and Neville Longbottom came closest to being Hatstalls. The Sorting Hat spent nearly four minutes trying to decide whether it should place Hermione in Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. In Neville's case, the Hat was determined to place him in Gryffindor: Neville, intimidated by that house’s reputation for bravery, requested a placing in Hufflepuff. Their silent wrangling resulted in triumph for the Hat.

Reading it I remembered it. Coolbeans.

I think Neville was just being modest.

I was eating soup and I started thinking about Pottermore, then I came across this. What a coincidence!

Anyways I love the site. It's so interesting and fun!

Has anyone had the problem of the same person challenging them to a duel multiple times? And I don't mean like 1 or 2 more times. I mean 7 more times. I dueled someone 9 times already and they've sent me 7 additional challenges. It's getting rather annoying. I could understand if we kept tying each time, but we haven't. The scores have been that I've won 4/9, he's won 2/9, and we've come to a draw 3/9. I declined the other challenges.

Any idea as to when the other chapters will open up?

There came a little update yesterday at the Pottermore Insider:

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Update

We've been back in the studio this week, finalising more sounds that feature in the second instalment of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

From the cry of the Mandrake to Moaning Myrtle's sobs, we've been making sure the effects are just right.

There will be another development update, here on the Insider next week.

So we can always hope that there'll be some hint of when the next chapters will be available, when they give us the update they speak of next week

New update:

This week, we're finessing the animations for the next chapters of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

We've been polishing up the Hogwarts moving portraits and tackling the challenging Whomping Willow to ensure they're looking their best.

We'll have another update for you later this week on the Insider.