Kamak

Pottermore

Really not liking Pottermore atm, Potions are still fouled up, even after reporting it.

3 Browsers later: GAH still no potion making ability.... the stupid spoon counter will not go up!!!

Also I think my duelling 'partners' have quit - they still haven't responded to a challenge made about a week ago.

Getting close to quitting myself.

PixieShadow21048,

Ravenclaw student

man the wait for the new chapters is killing me.

New chapters! Announcement:

The next instalment of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is here…

We’re happy to say that Chapters Five to Eleven of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets are now available for you to explore on Pottermore.

Fly back to Hogwarts, encounter the Whomping Willow and test your herding skills by recapturing the Cornish pixies. Venture into Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom, learn about the legend of the Chamber of Secrets, and much more.

As well as the next chapters and Moments to explore, you will also find additional new features on Pottermore.

Pottermore Students will now be able to update their status on their profiles and there are new Pottermore Badges to discover and add to your collection.

Thank you to all the excited and supportive Pottermore fans who have been looking forward to exploring these new chapters. We hope you enjoy discovering all the interesting things in the new Moments as well as the latest features that are now available on Pottermore.

Woohoo! Now just to remember my username and/or bother to send the reminder to my email and actually open it, haha. XD

YEAH!! heads in to start playing the new chapters.

Was about time. Quite annoyed that it's once again not the complete book, though >_<

And the brewing time of part 2 of the polyjuice potion is just insane. That'd better earn me a lot of points! If I even manage to succeed it, will see tomorrow...

Was about time. Quite annoyed that it's once again not the complete book, though >_<

And the brewing time of part 2 of the polyjuice potion is just insane. That'd better earn me a lot of points! If I even manage to succeed it, will see tomorrow...

Have they fixed the brewing bug then?

Would hate to try and find that the stirring counter still doesn't work.

It was already very late for me yesterday when I noticed the new chapters, but of course I couldn't put off exploring then. And then I was going to make the swelling solution, had to wait until 2am, and then I was so tired that I stirred the wrong way and ruined the whole thing xd.png

Have they fixed the brewing bug then?

Would hate to try and find that the stirring counter still doesn't work.

I think so; I never had that bug myself but the spoon is now on the other side of the cauldron and stirring seems to be a bit smoother. All the counting is smoother, actually. The meters look a bit different as well and they've changed where the wand is; it's now at the front of the table instead of behind the ingredients.

They've actually made quite a lot of changes along with releasing the new chapters. A list off the top of my head:

-The potions interface is slightly different

-Two new badges have been added (of which one cannot be gotten yet)

-In Book 1 they added excerpts from the audiobook (read by Stephen Fry) to some moments

-They added music to the sorting quiz

-You can 'update your status' in your profile

-The profile layout is slightly different

I might have missed a few things, but that's pretty much it happy.gif

By the way, if anyone needs a guide to the chapters or wants a checklist to see if they've gotten everything, I made those. Guide (warning: full of spoilers) and Checklist

Does anyone happen to know how long you have to get back to the polyjuice potion part 2, after it's hit 100%, before it goes bad? Wondering if I have to set the alarm for earlier than usual tomorrow tongue.gif

ETA: Bah, great! I had finished waiting for that, and was going to do the last of the instructions.. I was soooo careful with the bottle, lowering it a tiny bit at the time, because I sure didn't want to ruin a potion that had such an insane waiting time. Yeah, when it finally was tipped over enough, it dropped out two scoops way faster than I could react, so the potion was ruined anyway. So cranky now!

Edited by Nimrodel

Nimrodel, the exact same thing happened to me. I was so annoyed! However, there is a solution, which a friend of mine found accidentally: knock over the bottle of lacewing flies. The flies will fall out one by one and poof on the table, but while they fall out you can just click on one to pick it up.

Just make sure not to drop the bottle in front of the hairs or you'll start panicking about not being able to grab the hair on time because the bottle is blocking it xd.png

This method helped me finish the potion this morning, on my second try at making it.

Just so you know, you don't get anything for it. But I'm quite sure you need it to be able to progress in the chapters once more is out, so it's still good to get it over with.

Alright, I'll try that method tomorrow morning then, when the wait is over for the second time!

..you really get nothing for it, though? That's..not very fun, considering that waiting time o_O

Nope, nothing at all. Much raging is going on over that. Makes it exceptionally useless to brew it multiple times xd.png Just as useless as the gnome throwing, which could be a lot of fun if only you'd get points for it.

All in all I'm disappointed in Pottermore.

And it's just stupid that they make us wait for chapters again.

Now I'm done brewing that potion, knocking over the bottle did the trick! Thanks for the tip smile.gif

I totally get that they need time to make the art, record the sound, and everything, but it does get annoying to wait for so long between each time a few new chapters appear. I wouldn't be all that bothered if something new were introduced, which we could gain points from. But just potions and duels? Potions don't gain much, and I'm still tired of duels and won't touch the stuff.. So in the end, I follow the Insider, looking for news, and open Pottermore when something new has appeared

Yeah, I do get that they need to make the art and everything, but honestly... it doesn't feel at all as if they really work hard on it and work on the new chapters as soon as they've released some. I duel every once in a while, but with the amount of cheaters it's just not that fun. I once got beaten with a 249 on full body bind - yes, that's more than the maximum. That just ruins it.

I might brew some potions, but it takes too long for the amount of points it's rewarded with. So I mainly just fill the void between chapters with organising somewhat-pottermore-related things on the pottermore fan forum xd.png

Rhynn, can you tell me which student has the gum? I can't find it and I'm looking at each student. It's the one thing I've missed.

@Rhynn: Perhaps they're also deliberately waiting a while longer than they really need to, because they want Pottermore to last for a long time? Hopefully they plan to add more features, but at the moment, it seems that interest will drop the moment all books are there, because not much can be done.. I dunno, I'm not on the crew, but that's an idea anyway xd.png

@sheppard: I'm not Rhynn, but still, check out this picture

Thanks Nimrodel! biggrin.gif I was definitely looking in the wrong place. lol

I'm so ticked with the Polleyjuice (sp?) potion right now. I left my pottermore account up and running so that I could make sure to be on time to do step 2. Apparently that wasn't enough though since pottermore logged me out and is now showing I have no potions brewing. dry.gif

Edited by sheppardkid

Thanks Nimrodel! biggrin.gif I was definitely looking in the wrong place. lol

I'm so ticked with the Polleyjuice (sp?) potion right now. I left my pottermore account up and running so that I could make sure to be on time to do step 2. Apparently that wasn't enough though since pottermore logged me out and is now showing I have no potions brewing. dry.gif

Oh my, it takes that long? ._. (still hasn't signed back in yet xP)

Can't we close Pottermore while potions are brewing now? 'Cause I'm pretty sure I always did and timed it so I come back once the potions have finished brewing... unless I'm delusional, haha.

I'm having trouble picking up some items in the new chapters. I'm using Firefox, so I though I'd be okay.

I for the life of me can't get past the duel between Harry and Drako. Also is there anything we need to find in Harry's broken arm bit?

Ahh thanks but what I meant was I found one spell in there but I could not find the other 2 I was told to find. Then it said I was out of time and when I went back to where I found the first spell it said I had spelled it wrong and to try again. Not sure what I was to do in the first place here blink.gif