Fortune86

The Power Inside

Before Khaine could respond, a shadow flashed passed the hole at the opposite end of the room, momentarily blocking out the sunlight that entered. It was Kaz, riding upon Xaphan. The pair of them flying away from the building.

Khaine stood up, and looked upwards. Was this the end result of all the shouting upstairs?.. What exactly was going on?. Part of him wanted to go up and satisfy his curiosity, but he also knew that he would like face a fate worse then death if he were to disobey ceil's orders and leave this spot.

"Just what exactly is happening up there..?" he asked out loud. He turned his head towards the hole again and could barely see the shrinking figure of Kaz and Xaphan as they flew further from the building.

Angelina stood as she fastened the bandage in Ceil's leg.

"I'd tell you to stay off it, but I don't think it would do much good. Just let me check it once in a while to make sure it heals. Or you can. Are there any other injuries?" she said in her normal soft voice. Then, turning to Arthur she directed her next question to him.

"You have no idea what Jyeh is up to? Or if he's involved?" her gaze seemed to bore into him and Bastian for a moment before she knelt to clean her supplies. Rosa had died for their sakes, and Noland had nearly died. As much as she played nuteral in such affairs, the death of an healer was not taken lightly. Or the death of any innocent for that matter.

~

Sera looked dad as the box was handed over, but her expression became unreadable as soon as the man named Kaz left. She relaxed slightly and sheathed her sword. Although she wanted to know the answer to the question, another question pressed again her. She stepped closer to her teacher and knelt down so that she

"Ceil?"

((Just a gentle reminder that it's not a whole crystal in the box, but the shards. Crystals shatter upon the Summoner's death smile.gif))

Ceil watched as Kaz turned on his heel and summoned his Fiend to fly away. He couldn't blame the guy for wanting some alone time. This was confirmation of his brother's fate. Until now, there would always have been the smallest hope he was still alive. He wondered if the freelancer was going to be okay, this was a very dangerous island, but Kaz was big enough and ugly enough to take care of himself..

Both Sera and Angelina seemed to want to talk some more, but Ceil held up a hand and got to his feet.

"Before we discuss anything further lets get down stairs. I don't like being out in the open like this."

Arthur nodded and turned towards the stairs to the floor below. Ceil glanced at the others and then started to limp after him.

((Did you say yes or no to Damien showing up?))

Angelina glanced at Ceil and nodded. Without a further word, the young woman gathered all her stuff and put it back into the pack. Slinging it over her shoulder, she head downstairs. Aiedail padded after her, glancing back at the others as if to see if they were coming.

Once Angelina made her way downstairs, she walked over to Noland's unconscious form. Kneeling, she placed a hand on his forehead. She didn't seem to be paying attention to anyone else.

~

Aiedail hung back by her summoner's instruction. She kept an eye on the limping Ceil and the unsteady Arthur. When they started to head downstairs, Aiedail would follow.

~

Sera nodded and followed Ceil and Arthur downstairs. Before heading heading, she look back out around the building as if looking for a sign of someone. Seeing nothing, she turned and followed the others.

"Ceil?"

Bastian nodded and followed the others when he stopped to look at Imari. She was still sitting on the side of the wall looking over.

“You should come Imari.” Bastian said softly as he approached her.

“I’ll keep watch from here. Someone or something might attack from above.” She spoke still looking over the side, keeping her eyes open for anything that might come their way.

“Just don’t do anything stupid.” He spoke turning around but still kept an eye on his cousin.

“You already beat me to doing something stupid.” Imari spoke as she finally looked at Bastian giving him a little smile. “I know how to take care of myself cousin. Just go and sort everything out.”

Bastian gave a weak smile himself and nodded at her words. Walking away he didn't really like the fact to leave her alone up here. Never the less he trusted her and joined the others a floor down.

((Fortune I hope you don’t mind letting me leave Imari up there to keep an eye.))

((As long as she stays out of sight of anything that might be flying around.))

When Ceil had finished his slow descent down the staircase he looked around at the room everyone was grouping into. Noland was fast asleep, probably exhausted after everything that had happened so far that day. Angelina approached him and began to check him over.

Sera tried to catch his attention again so ceil leaned sat on top of a dusty desk and gestured to her to speak.

"What?"

~~~

Arthur walked right across the room to stare out of the windows at the street and buildings below. He couldn't see anything apart from rubble and plants, but that didn't mean it was safe. This island was left alone for a reason.

Sera's eyes followed Ceil as he sat down on a dusty shelf. There was something different in her eyes. The friendly happy little girl had been replaced by someone a little colder. The girl looked a little older. She'd gotten taller too.

As a sign of her lack of sleep, she had dark circles under her eyes. She was frowning right now as she looked at their theacher.

"Ceil...what about our family?" she asked with an even voice. Her tone wavered but only slightly, only someone who was paying attention would hear it.

Ceil's face darkened at Sera's question. With the approaching army there had been no time to worry about the families of his students. They had barely been able to get away as it was.

"I don't know" he admitted. "I wish I could honestly say that they will be fine, but I wouldn't put it past Jyeh to have them all rounded up."

He sighed and reached up to run a hand through his hair, brushing several locks out of his face.

"This is a real mess."

Diana blinked as someone suddenly flew off. Oh, yeah. That other guy. She shivered slightly, and glanced up as she heard more voices from the level above. She waved to the stairs. "I'm gonna go see how everyone else is holding up. Yell if you need something, okay?" Turning around, she walked to the stairs and then went up them. She was in time to hear the comment about their families, and her face paled. Her family. Oh god. There was a panicked feeling rising in her throat, and she forced herself to walk away and go to where Angelina, her Fiend, and Noland were. She crouched down on the other side of him, next to her Fiend's body. Rain's one eye opened to check who she was, before fluttering shut. She looked like she was taking a nap - if Fiends could take naps. Which they couldn't. "Hasn't he even woken up yet?" she asked Angelina softly.

Khaine slumped back against the wall as Diana left. So many questions were running through his mind right now, that he was struggling to decide which he should ask first, and when the approriate time would be.

A warm breeze entered through the hole in the building, but apart from that it remained silent.. apart from the distant voices of those above.

Angelina glanced back at Ceil as he spoke. Her father should be okay for the most part...hopefully. He was in the army so he had probably already been deployed. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes as she whispered a prayer.

When the young healer heard a voice over her shoulder, she turned her head. It wasn't hard to I identify the voice, there weren't really many options after-all.

"No, he's asleep. Asleep, but alive. He'll be ok." she met Diana's gaze.

"Will you be okay?"

--

Sera clenched her teeth, "Permission to leave?" she asked, knowing exactly what she asking for. She knew know she had seen her brother and his fiend flying away from the Titan. That meant he was nearby. But the idea of her family being in danger was not an in in enticing idea. Sera met Ceil's gaze.

"Please? I could warn all our families and than do my best to return."

Whatever Ceil's answer, she would abide by it, and either way she would always come back once her family was secure.

Diana sighed softly. As long as he was alright. Noland was such a sweet headmaster. She was slightly surprised by Angelina's question, and glanced across to her. "Yeah. I guess so. There's nothing I can do about anything right now..." She sat down from being crouched, and leaned against her Fiend.

Ceil looked out the window. He could hazard a guess about Sera's intentions, but chances were there was still a good portion of the military Summoners out there waiting for them. He couldn't let Sera try and get past them on her own.

"Not yet" he said turning back to face her. "We need to come up with some kind of plan. I know you are worried about your loved ones, but if the military are going to go after them they probably would have done so already. They may have dispatched soldiers to collect them at the same time they sent forces after us. We leave now and we will be walking straight into a trap."

He looked over at Arthur as the investigator approached them.

"If we are going to stay here for a while we should collect supplies" he suggested. "I know where there is fresh water nearby."

Ceil nodded his approval.

"Okay. But be careful. Sera can you go with him?"

At first, Diana felt slightly miffed that she hadn't been asked to go and get the water. After all, her Fiend was that of the water, and could help carry water. But that temporary annoyance quickly died down. She would probably get into an argument with that dude about doing all of this to them. Rain's head lifted slightly from Noland's lap, clever blue eyes surveying the room before carefully putting her head back down. Diana patted her flank, simply doing what Ceil had asked her a little whole back - keeping an eye on Noland. Who still hadn't woken up. Hmph. "Noland...? Noland!" It wouldn't be good if they were attacked and he was, well, asleep.

Angelina had moved aside and she was know sitting a few feet away from Noland. She had gone back to cleaning a needle she'd used to stitch the worst of Ceil's injuries. Her eyes flickered to Diana, seeing the slightly miffed look of her felliw student's face she chuckled inaudibly. Her attention turned back to the needle as she finished cleaning the tool of her trade. She stored it away in the proper place and reached to roll a bandage up when Diana called out Noland's name.

"Diana. Why don't you see if Ceil needs help with something?" she asked knowing that a bored Diana wasn't a good thing.

-

Sera bit her lip until she tasted blood, but she nodded nonetheless.

She knew that if anything, her brother was probably headed back home of she had indeed seen him. If not, he would be too late. She certainly would be too late at this rate. She sighed softly, only snapping back into reality when she heard her name.

"Hmm?" she glanced from Ceil to Arthur, the words he'd said just 'computing," "Yes, Sir."

She glanced at Diana and saw her expression. The girl would be handy, but she was trouble. Sera really didn't know if she could trust Diana. In this situation, she didnt feel like gambling. The other girl was starting to make her nervous. She met Ceil's gaze, almost sildntly pleading for Diana not to be sent with them. Without too much of a beat, she glanced at the ice summoner.

"Lead the way." she gestured for Arthur to go ahead of her.

Edited by evangeline5432

((You made me laugh, Vang. xd.png))

Diana nodded at Angelina's suggestion. Yeah. She wanted to make a change in the world. She'd had those crazy dreams of a world without Summoners being forced into service. And she wasn't really doing anything. However much she didn't get a lot with Ceil - it wasn't really actual dislike - he was their teacher, and he knew what to do. Getting up, she went over to him. "Is there anything else I can do? Even simple things?" she asked him, frowning slightly. Rain got up from the ground, walking to her side carefully, as they didn't know how stable the floor was.

Xaphan had landed in an opening among the tree's, kaz jumping off before Xaphan's feet touched the ground.

For several minutes, all Xaphan could do was sit in silence as he watched a distraught Kaz, take out his anger against a tree. The scent of blood lingered in the air as Kaz punched the trunk of the tree whilst simultaneously cursing towards the sky. He had held the slightest hope that Drystan was still alive somewhere... but that hope was shattered.. just like the fragment of crystal he had clenched in his left hand.

Xaphan knew better then to interfere.

Imari sat close to the wall looking over every few minutes for trouble. There were only one or two fiends that passed the building but they flew low. She moved along with the shadows blending in nicely thanks to her closes that were rather bland and resembled the same color as the shadows when one is looking from a distance.

~~

Bastian looked at the group, he could see anger, worry, fear and even love. As he stood there in thought he wondered what he could do to help. He was still tired but he wanted to help.

“I can go look for some fruits to eat. I have been to this island before and know where to get them.” He spoke as he came out of his thoughts.

Arthur nodded when Sera asked him to show her the way.

"We shall have to stay as quiet as possible. While I have no doubt that between the two of us we could probably deal with any of the monsters on the island, it would not be wise to attract the attention of the Soldier."

He turned and walked across the floor towards the staircase, treading so lightly that his footsteps could barely be heard. Arthur tread lightly anyway, but there was an extra caution to his movements now.

Moving down the stairs he passed Khaine and nodded lightly in his direction, but soon the other boy was lost to sight. There weren't so many holes that allowed sunlight in further down the building, but there was large smears of algae on the stairs that glowed just brightly enough to help them see.

"Be careful where you tread" he whispered to Sera. "Some of the stairs may be missing or unstable."

~~~

When Diana approached Ceil asking if she could help with anything all he wanted to do was send her to a quiet corner, but then Bastain mentioned fruit.

"Okay. Diana go with Bastain and watch his back. He's knows this place so make sure you follow his orders to the letter. Don't start messing around."

Quite pleased that she had been given something to do, Diana rocked on her heels. By then... Oh. Bastian. Well, that was just great. At least she had something to do, right? Realising they'd probably have to go down stairs, she unsummoned Rain and then turned to Bastian. "Ready?"

Bastian looked over to the girl, the one that gazed over him in the infirmary. He gave a little sigh not really in the mood for some girl following him but neather the less Ceil seemed not to impressed by her.

"Yeah. Come on." He spoke turning to the stairecase and making his way down.

Hm. Bastian seemed not too happy about her being with him. Having gotten over the initial wonder at his handsomeness, Diana was feeling much more control in herself. She followed him down the steps, humming softly to herself. Then, "Dude, how old are you? Oh, and don't get bossy. I don't get along with bossy people," she said lightheartedly.

((I can totally see Ceil being like, "Did she just call me bossy? T-T" xd.png))

((I laughed when I wrote that Chico. tongue.gif))

When Diana, Sera, Arthur and Bastian left, only four were left in the building. Angelina chuckled as Diana left. She finished packing away the rest of her supplies, then she looked at Ceil. Anything you wish me to do? I can stay here if need be, or I can go out with Khaine."

-

Sera followed Arthur out, mimicking his example as she stepped lightly.

The girl had played manhunt with her cousins more than once, and her brother had taught her a few things. She wasn't as quiet as Arthur, but someone would have to be listening carefully to hear her.

The girl nodded in acknowledgement to Arthur's warning.

"You've been here before?" she asked quietly, treading carefully. She curbed her curiosity as they passed strange things in the building. If they had been under different circumstance, she'd have been happy to explore.

Ceil looked over at Noland, who was still asleep. The Headmaster had been one of Wyhdori's greatest Summoners when he was young, but age had sapped his strength. The shock of losing Rosa after such a stressful fight was probably too much for the old man.

"Keep an eye on Noland will you?" he asked softly, trying to hide the obvious concern in his voice.

He climbed to his feet and ran a hand through his hair. It was rank with sweat and dried blood. He hoped Arthur and Sera would return with some water soon. He probably smelled awful.

"I'm going to take a nap" he announced. "If anything happens, come and get me."

He walked out of the room and crossed the corridor into the opposite one. There was a leather chair in here, barely gnawed by Vundiha knows what. He sat down and leaned back. He'd probably only get thirty minutes or so, but he needed something to freshen him up a little.

~~~

"Once" replied Arthur. "We were tracking a Summoner who had passed the age limit for the school. They fled here to avoid us. It is quite sad really. If they had attended the school they would have known what a bad idea that was."

He gingely manouvered his way around a gap in the floor.

"Be careful here. The drop is quite far."

Edited by Fortune86

“Please don’t call me dude.” Bastian spoke walking down rolling his eyes at Diana’s words. Why did Ceil partner him up with her? Was it payback for the time he almost burnt down the kitchen that one time? he thought to himself.

“I’m 16 and bossiness is least of your worries.” He spoke sarcastically as he glared over his shoulder. It was more of a warning glare but from her current attitude it might not even bother her. Continuing to walk they passed Khaine where Bastian gave him a nod in greeting.

Edited by DragonSpirit009