Fortune86

The Power Inside

“He was stabbed but I didn’t pay much attention to it. He was bleeding out and we were being cornered. I had to get us out. Swimming was the only way.” Bastian answered Angelina’s question. He looked at his still unconscious friend, they have indeed stumble onto something big here. If his own uncle is sending an army after them then this could get really ugly.

“I’ll explain when we are out of harm’s way for a bit. Training to explain in this wind is foolish.”

Kaz turned his head slightly as he overheard Bastian talking. The sound of the wind brushing past his ears made it difficult to hear exactly what was being said, but he got the gist of it.

Rather then speaking up, he returned to what he was doing previously, watching the army chase them. As he peered over the side, he saw the distinct outline of a rather large fiend under the surface of the sea

((Arthur is taking his time to wake up because he lost a lot of blood. Even though the wound was healed it's going to be a short while before he properly recovers.))

It seemed the military had cottoned onto Ceil's plan. The chasing Fiends found a sudden burst of speed. For one heart stopping moment Ceil thought they weren't going to make it.

Then help arrived, from the most unusual of sources.

The Serpent, Titan of Water, burst from the waves near the shore. It must have been dozing until the oncoming water Fiends woke it up. The Summoners in the sea had been so focused on chasing after Seth they hadn't been watching for other dangers. The gigantic snake shook its head from side to side and the water around it twisted and rose into a wave taller than Seth.

From the safety of the sky Ceil watched the tidal wave surge towards the Summoners in the water. He could see them try and turn to flee, but they were too late. The wave watched over them, knocking many Summoners from their Fiends, the sheer force of the wave pushing them deep below the surface. The Serpent began to swin forwards to pick off survivors.

Any other day Ceil would have tried to see what he could do to help, but there were other concerns. Even with the forces in the water taken out of the equation there wee still twenty or so pursuing Summoners in the air.

Thankfully the Serpent's attack had helped there too. Seeing so many of their comrades in danger had caused many of them to pause in the air, torn between heping their friends and chasing after the fleeing students. This gave Seth the chance to widen the gap and race towards his destination.

Cymd could be seen clearly now. It was the ruins of a city, long since forgotten by man. Most of the buildings were squat and grey, but there were several tall structures that seemed to be made out of silver glass, twinkling in the sun even after all this time. Huge trees had found root in gaping holes and foliage ran abundant. Seth headed straight towards the tallest of the sky reaching buildings and landed on the roof. Ceil slid down Seth's side and turned to look for their pursuers. They had stopped on the edge of the city, little black dots in the air. Ceil watched them for a few minutes until they turned and left, not daring to enter the ruins due to the dangers within.

"Okay" said Ceil in a low voice to the students and Kaz. "Everyone get down and stay quiet. We can stay here for a while if we avoid attracting any unwanted attention. Khaine there is a staircase just behind us. I want you to go down three flights of stairs and stop where you find some large pink blooms growing. Stay there, stay quiet and listen hard. If you hear anything coming up the stairs below you hightail it up here and let me know right away because we will have to leave in a big hurry. I'll send someone to relieve you in a few hours. Sera and Diana? Take Noland down to the floor below us and try and get him comfortable. Imari and Angelina you two take care of Arthur. Bastain? I'll be wanting a word with you in a few minutes so don't wander off far."

He looked over at Kaz.

"I'm thinking you have some questions of your own. They'll have to wait until we get sorted here."

With all of that said Ceil leaned back against a metal wire fence that ran around the edge of the roof. By Vundiha he was tired.

((Cymd is basically a city from our world/time. The building there are on was an office block/skyscraper thing., so the top three floors will be full of office remains, desks, phones, computers. None of it will work though.))

On any other occasion, Kaz wouldn't have shown the slightest ounce of concern for the faith of an army summoner, however even this was hard to watch. So many summoners getting decimated by a Titan, their numbers meaning nothing in comparison to the shear power of one of the eight great monsters of this world. The scene below in the oceans was enough to stall the pursuing summoners in the air, their concern for their own comrades taking over the importance of accomplishing their mission.

Kaz leaned back on Seth, both arms behind his head as he watched the outlines of the summoners get smaller and smaller the further away they flew.

As they reached their destination, Kaz slid off Seth, using his tail as a makeshift slide of sorts before landing on both his feet. As his feet touched the ground, he spread his arms up above his head and stretched, his carefree attitude getting the better of him. He turned his head slightly as he heard Ceil give out orders to his little followers, looking passed the little group, he noticed Arthur; still unconscious.

"Take your time... " he smiled, "... one of the main focus for my questions is out like a log..." he replied, pointing at Arthur.

Khaine dismounted Seth, walking down the side of his leg before gathering with the others. He was still barefooted, in his shorts and white shirt.. having had no time to get changed into proper clothes back at the school. He knodded as Ceil gave the orders, deciding to leave his questions for later... after all, Ceil just killed a man, there was no need to pester him right now...

He made his way down the flora infested stair case, till he reached the third floor below. Large pink flowers were grouped together in one corner, where the wall had long fallen off exposing a ray of sun light. As he stepped closer, he noticed a foul odor and instinctively covered his nose. Deciding to stay near the stairs and as far as possible from the smell, he slunk against the wall and sat there.

Edited by TotallyDrow

Imari looked over the side of Seth when she noticed a familiar shadow in the water. Anyone who lives on or near the sea knows what the shadow would be. Within mere seconds the army that was following them was consumed in the wave. I’d never thought I would be glad to see a The Serpent she thought to herself.

It wasn’t long before Seth landed on one of the old tall buildings. Buildings that Imari knew but never visited, she knew the dangers of the islands. She and a few other of the other air born summoners passed this island a couple of times acting a scouts for some of the sailors.

Sliding off Seth Imari stayed low on the ground waiting for Sera to pass down Arthur’s body. She didn’t want to speak knowing that noise would bring trouble especially in a place like this.

~~

Bastian stayed silent the rest of the flight until they reached their destination, he had sympathy for the summoners that were attacked by the Titan. He himself had crossed paths with it a couple of times and it usually never ended well.

Sliding off Seth he quickly scurried to the side, staying low the whole time. He looked over the side of the building scanning for danger but it seemed save now. He waited till everyone had gone to do their jobs, waiting to speak to both Ceil and Kaz alone.

At the chance to help Noland, the dear, sweet, headmaster of theirs, Diana went to him on Seth's back immediately. Of course she would assist him. Going to his side, she knelt and looked at him for a couple of moments. She wasn't quite sure of what to do. Reaching forward, she gently shook the old man's shoulder. "Mister Noland? Headmaster? Are you alright?" she called quietly, hoping this would rouse him. It seemed they had landed in quite a strange place. Perhaps of the old world. Their surroundings were curious, but right now she was far more focused on something much more important.

((I know Fort, but Angelina is covering all the bases and she is trying to fish for information.))

At the sight of the ea serpent, Sera breathed out a couple words under her breath.

"Holy...." after that she, along with Angelina, stayed quiet for the remainder of the trip. Sera watched the water as it churned in responding to the Titan's command.

She blinked twice when something caught her eye: A dragon-fiend bursting forth from the water somewhere near the rear. It moved faster then her eye could follow once it was free of the currents.

"Adrian?" she whispered. No, he couldn't be. He was far from here with his summoner. She looked around, desperately trying to relocate the dragon-fiend, but there was no sign of him. No, she was mistaken. She turned back and was silent for the remainder of the trip.

When the arrived to their destination, a gasp escaped Sera's as she looked around Arthur's shoulder.

"What is this place?"

Angelina had eyed the water Titan when it had seemingly appeared out of nowhere. The young woman breathed a sigh of relief; that was irony for you, a Titan saving summoners. She gave thanks to the goddess and looked back forward.

Shortly later, they arrived at a island with weird buildings. Angelina didn't stare too much, she quickly climbed down when Ceil told them to

"Sera, lower Arthur then come on down." after a moment of the girl not responding, she said her name again.

"Sera?"

Sera's heard her name being called. The girl looked down to see Angelina looking up at her.

"Huh? Oh!"

With Angelina's help, they got Arthur down safely and then Sera climbed down herself.

Angelina summoned Aiedail. The fiend lay down and Angelina laid the boy up against her. Her fiend curled around the boy.

Whenever they decided to move on, Angelina would either have Diane's fiend or her own fiend carry the boy. She watched as Sera walked over to Arthur.

"Will he be okay?"

Angelina looked at the boy.

"He should. Aiedail says his heart is fine..." she said, Considering. she thought to herself.

"Keep an eye on him?" Angelina asked. Sera nodded and Angelina made her way toward their teacher with a med kit.

"Ceil?"

Ceil sighed when he saw Angelina heading towards him, but he was too tired and too sore to chase her away. He figured there wasn't a lot she could do for Arthur at the moment if she was going to waste her time on him.

"Yeah yeah" he replied to her questioning tone. "How is Arthur? The kid going to be okay?"

When she got no reaction from him, Diana sighed. She gently let go of his shoulder, blue eyes sad as she summoned her Fiend. Going around him, she hooked her arms underneath his and dragged him down Seth, and then onto Rain's back - she was too tired to sit him up, so he was sort of hanging over like he would if a person had him over their shoulder. They made their way down to the level below, and then she carefully slid him off, to place him against the wall. There weren't any blankets for him... Huh. "Rain, stay next to him and at least keep his side warm. If he falls against you or whatever, just let him. Keep him safe, okay? I'll be back." With that exchange, she turned on her heel and trotted down to Khaine. She hung around the corner, peering across at him. "You okay?" Meanwhile, the unicorn had laid herself down close beside him and had rested her head across his propped up chest, making sure his heart was beating and keeping his chest warm at the same time.

Edited by Chicogal

As if expecting Ceil to shoo her away, she spoke up quickly.

"I've seen to Noland and Arthur. The others are okay to my knowledge, and if not my fiend will see to them. I can help if you want me to...even if you don't want me to." she told him.

Sera heard a screech in the distance, she turned and looked out. They were on the roof.

"Guys, can we find a safer place to settle? Maybe one not so high up?"

She looked around. A door on the roof off to the side caught her eye. "Guys?" she asked, pointing to it.

((How high are they off the ground?))

((They are on a sky scraper about sixty floors high.))

"It's not like I'm in any state to stop you, is it?" said Ceil.

As he spoke he slid down the fence, his bad leg finally starting to give in. With all of his passengers off Seth returned himself to his crystal.

"This is the safest building around here. Let's get everyone down to the next floor though. It won't do us any good to all be on display like this."

Khaine jumped, startled as he heard Diana call out. He had been in deep thought and had not heard her footsteps along the stairs,

"i.. i'm fine.." he replied, still slightly startled.. A bit of debris fell from above, a gaping hole in the ceiling between his floor and the one above. Unlike the floor he was on, something, most likely foliage covered the windows, leaving the room above almost completely dark. He stared into the darkness, yet saw no movement and nothing to be alarmed about. Was likely a piece of the building giving away from the vibrations of having something living within its walls.

"How's everyone else..?" he asked, turning to look at Diana.

Diana blinked as something fell down from a hole in the ceiling. Huh. That was a bit disconcerting. Giving her head a small shake, she came out from around the corner and walked a bit closer to him. "Noland won't wake up, but he's alive. Dunno about those... Other two. I think Ceil's gonna be okay. Everyone else is alright, I think," she said, with a small shrug. Her hands has tightened into fists at the mention do the two boys. They had done this! Destroyed their school, their home, killed Rosa. How could have thought of Bastian as handsome? Ugh. "I dunno what's gonna happen to us," she murmured quietly.

((Just lost my complete post... sleep.gif))

Sera helped situate Arthur on Aiedail's back before making her way downstairs with the others. Once they had reached the lower level, she helped prop Arthur up against the wolf-fiend whom curled up around him to keep him warm and to "keep an eye on him".

She turned to the others.

"Angelina told me to tell you all to go to Aiedail if you're injured., she'll take care of it. In the meantime...what are we supposed to do?" she asked, looking around the place. So many strange and new things.

~~

Angelina knelt down besides Ceil as he sank to the ground. She set her supplies down and opened up the pack she had been carrying. Among the med stuff, she brought out a couple rather large flasks. She handed one to Ceil, the "poison" inside was the type she'd seen him drink before.--Rosa had had a small supply of the alcohol for medicinal purposes. Aiedail had found the stash long ago on the second/third day. With the wolf's nose, it hasn't been hard to find. --

"Here." she held the alcoholic beverage out to him. Then, without missing a beat, she both answered his question and asked her own.

"Besides lose of blood, there's nothing wrong with him. No doubt he'll maybe be tired. He should be okay... Along with Noland..." the girl said as she went about cleaning, applying a pain numbing/healing balm, stitching, and dressing what injuries in sight that needed tending. The smaller stuff she left alone.

"You think you could lose that tattered thing that use to be a shirt without causing too much pain?" she asked without too much of a second thought. The young woman had been raised as a healer, she had learned her craft and gotten use to it. The girl moved to his bum leg while she waited. The girl knew she still had to worry about his dislocated shoulder among other things.

"Bastian? Kaz? I might need your help." she said, hoping on of the boys were still there.

"I doubt Mr Tough guy over there want's our help though..." replied Kaz, sitting atop an old turbine vent, parts of it rusted. "The man didn't even thank me after I rode in on my faithful mount and saved the day.." he added, this time speaking in a slightly more immature tone.

Khaine remained quiet for awhile. it's not like he hadn't noticed those two strangers when he rode atop Seth, but he was still trying to figure out what had happened. When he had arrived at the scene it was only Ceil and Noland who had called out their fiends..

"Do you think we are... wanted criminals..?' he suddenly asked, "... why else would they send so many army summoners to the school..?.. If they were after those two men.. shouldn't we have just handed them over?"

the turbine vent. :3

Edited by TotallyDrow

Ceil nodded when Angelina explained that Arthur and Noland would be okay. He took the bottle of alcohol, his favourite type of medicine, and took a swig as the girl started to dab his wounds with ointments.

"I'm getting too old for this crap" he sighed tugging his shirt off. He winced slightly as the cloth pulled on his bad shoulder, but due to all of the tears in it it came away easily. He tossed the ragged shirt aside and gave a silent thanks that it was very rare Seth got attacked on the legs. He didn't want to have to take his trousers off too.

~~~

There was the smallest of groans and Arthur slowly opened his eyes. The first thing he saw was a wolf staring back at him. Surprised he tried to sit up, but only managed to get part of the way. He looked around him blankly, but did not see anything he recognised. He knew some of the people though.

"Sera?" he asked. "Where are we? Where's Rosa? Where's Bastain?"

((Because that's where Ceil and Angelina are. I thought he was talking to them?))

Edited by Fortune86