Fortune86

The Power Inside

((Oh right... now I get the misunderstanding... why would there be an office desk on the roof >.>.. Editing my post.))

((Edited))

Edited by TotallyDrow

Angelina finished dressing on of his lesser wounds as Ceil discarded the tattered shirt. At Kaz's sarcastic tone, she stopped all together and turned. She gave him one of those glares that strangely resembled the look a mother would give a child. Even though Angelina was younger, she appeared to be much older at that moment.

"Kaz, he has a dislocated shoulder and possibly broken leg. I'd like help setting the shoulder at least." she said patiently. The girl turned back to Ceil. She frowned as Ceil's damaged and bruised skin glared angrily back. There wasn't one inch that wasn't covered by some type of injury. Angelina glanced up at Ceil and went back to tending to his injuries.

--

Aiedail's head rose slightly off the ground and she looked back at the boy when she heard him groan. Gently, she nuzzled him and moved slightly so that he was leaning against her instead of supporting his own weight.

The boy is awake, Angelina she told her summoner as she looked over at the younger girl whose heart seemed to speed up as the boy talked.

Sera hadn't heard Arthur groan, so when she heard her name, she quickly turned.

"Arthur?" she said questioning. The girl went over and knelt by Arthur's side. Sera felt worried about the boy, but that was the only emotion she allowed to show.

"Um, someplace called Cima?" she nearly stopped talking for a moment, trying to figure out how to word the next statement.

"Bastian stayed on the roof I think... Bastian brought you to the summoner school. You were injured and so Bastian brought you to the school. Rosa healed you but the free lancer, Zacht showed up and... Noland was injured but Rosa didn't make it. Ceil came and then we left for here. Arthur...why is everyone after you? Why would he send everyone after you?" As she reaccounted what had happened, her voice stayed even. Her tone only changed when she asked the question.

Diana looked at Khaine for a couple of moment's before speaking once more. "I guess we are," she murmured quietly, glancing down at the ground. "I don't know why we protected them, either. Never seen them before. Although Bastian is Imari's cousin; I dunno. Maybe she wanted them protected, and Ceil gave in. I really doubt he'd go through that much trouble, though," she murmured thoughtfully and crossed her arms.

Arthur turned his head around sharply to look at Sera when she approached him. As she recounted the events of what had happened since he lost consciousness his eyes narrowed. He did not need to ask what she meant when she said Rosa didn't make it. He stood up, slightly wonky still from blood loss, and looked around.

"Where is Ceil? I need to speak with him immediately."

~~~

"Don't bother" said Ceil standing up. "I can do it myself."

He strode across the rooftop as best he could on his injured leg towards the grey cemented walls around the stairs leading to the floor before. This was going to hurt, but it was a pain he had dealt with before. He leaned against a wall, took his dislocated shoulder with his opposite hand, braced, twisted slightly and pushed. He winced and hissed to himself when he felt it pop back into place. He turned away from Kaz and Angelina so that they would not see the expression on his face.

Sera instinctively reached out to Arthur. He seemed slightly off kilter. Even Aiedail stood and stood next to the boy as if offering herself as support.

"Eh, he's up on the roof. I can show you the way up?" she asked, nodding in the general direction she had come down.

((Right, I thought Diane and Khaine were in the same room as Sera? I have no idea anymore.))

Angelina watched as their teacher stood and walked away from them, she was about to protest when he started to prepare himself. By the time she said anything, there was a popping noise. She flinched inwardly as she heard Ceil flinch.

Without missing too much of a beat, the young woman dug into her own bag and grabbed an old button up shirt that had at one time belonged to her adoptive father. With the shirt in hand, she stooped over to pick up the flask he had left on the ground. Angelina walked over to him and gently touched his good arm in order to get his attention.

"Ceil" she said as she handed him the old shirt and the flask.

"You should let others help once in a while." she said so quietly that Kaz wouldn't hear her. She had taken care of all his cuts, bruises, and so forth. By now, the special salve should be kicking in and numbing any pain he felt. The alcohol would also help add to that.

"Come, Arthur is awake and he's coming up to speak to you." she said gently, "Meanwhile, let me take a look at the leg." she didn't directly look him in the eyes. She knew he disliked others seeing him show emotion of this kind. She acted blind to it though she was anything but that.

((Khaine should be three floors below, on the stairs. If Diana went to speak with him she would be down there too.))

"Alright" sighed Ceil.

While she was no Rosa Angelina had proved she was capable enough for Ceil to trust her judgement and ability. Besides, she was the only healer they could rely on now and not even he was stubborn off to put off treatment indefinitely. He pulled on the shirt and buttoned it up after taking another drink from the flask. Now properly dressed Ceil sat down and rolled up the cloth on his injured leg, revealing a long bloody gash across the shin.

~~~

Arthur turned to look for the stairs and then began to lurch forward. It was imperative that he talk with is former school teacher. On unsteady feet he reached the stairs and started to clamber up them.

Kaz feigned a yawn as Angelina explained Ceil's injuries. He had seen worse injuries on missions.. the recent ashes of summoners during that eventful day at Khemm one of the more recent ones.

As he waited there, he couldn't help but laught inwardly at how Ceil was being treated... almost as if he were a child being pampered.. a grin began to form on the side of his lips. Someone like him being treated in such a manner was nothing short of a comedy act. At this moment in time.. he was nowhere near the 'tough guy' he tried to act like.

"Finally.." muttered Kaz, as he overheard Angelina mention Arthur coming up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I doubt Ceil would protect criminals though..." replied Khaine. A bit more grains of cement fell from the ceiling above, yet no sound was heard. "I hope theres a good reason for this... I've got no where else to go.." muttered Khaine, staring out through the hole in the other side of the room.

Edited by TotallyDrow

((Angelina will have Kaz's head if she hears him speak about Ceil that way. tongue.gif

Either Kaz is proud, blind, stupid, or all of the above. ;P))

Angelina shot Kaz a dirty look that said, 'watch it, or i'll skin you alive.' The girl may have been gentle, but she did not stand idiots, no matter how old they were. She would be polite and act indifferent, but that person would need to watch their back.

She waited patiently until Ceil sat down before kneeling down and examining his long gash. Her expression was unreadable as she stood back up and went to bring the pack over. Once she had, she took another flask and poured the contents into a clean cloth.

"This will sting." she said in warning, as she went about cleaning the long gash.

~~

Sera walked closely behind Arthur, making sure he didn't fall.

"We're a couple floor down. Just follow this stairwell until you get to the roof."

Aiedail moved ahead of Arthur and Sera. She trusted that the two could make it up the stair. When the wolf reached the roof, she walked over in her summoners direction. On her way, she "accidentally" brushed passed Kaz, knocking him aside. She continued on her way, ignoring the blundering idiot and she cam up alongside Angelina.

Edited by evangeline5432

Arthur grabbed hold of the rail on the wall and began to pull himself determinedly up the stairs. It wasn't long before he saw the cool grey light of day before him. Reaching the top of the stairs he saw a horrifically injured Ceil being tended to by Angelina and the freelancer Kaz. Normally he would have questioned the latter's presence, but another thought overrode his curiousity.

Arthur reached into his jacket pocket for the box he had found that morning, but his questioning fingers found nothing. Taken back he pulled open his jacket and looked again, although he already knew he would not see it. Where was Drystan's shards? Had he lost them?

~~~

Ceil heard someone come up the stairs and turned to look. It was Arthur as he had expectd, but after the boy saw Kaz he looked for something in his jacket. Whatever it was he didn't find it. Ceil watched Arthur's blank face, noting that for him he looked slightly confused.

Imari stood in silence as she watched what was happening around her. The others didn’t need her help and Angelina was attending to Ceil. Quietly she went to one of the sides of the building, hunching as she looked out for trouble. That was all she could do for now.

~~

Bastian sat in silence waiting patiently for Ceil when he heard that Arthur was awake. Not moving from his seat he waited till his friend appeared with Sera. He noticed Arthur looking in his pockets which caused him to dig in his pocket.

“Here. I picked it up along the way.” He spoke holding the little box in the air for Arthur to see.

Arthur solemnly took the box of shards from Bastain and gave him a nod of gratitude. He turned back to Ceil and Kaz and then walked towards the former.

Ceil watched him come. He knew enough about Arthur that he could read the very slight changes in his body language. Whatever it was that Arthur wanted to talk about was not good.

Arthur silently handed Ceil the small box. Ceil's gaze transferred to the box in his hand. He opened it and stared at the contents. The card had flipped over to show the blank side, so Ceil had to pick it up to read it. Once he had done so he put it back in the box and replaced the lid.

"Okay you two" he said to Arthur and Bastain, his tone very, very calm. "Spill."

"We found out what happened to all the missing Summoners" answered Arthur. "All of them."

((@Vang, All of the above... and more.. tongue.gif))

Kaz watched as Arthur arrived at the scene, his first action to search through his jacket. Kaz didn't say anything, he simply folded his arms and waited for things to pan out. There had to be a reason why Ceil had taken them with him... and why a large squadron of summoners decided to play a game of cops and robbers with them.

His expression and posture didn't change as Bastian handed something over to Arthur, the box obviously the thing he was searching for, evident by his nod. From where Kaz was he couldn't make out what the object was, however it must have been small, to be able to fit into a jacket.

Kaz suddenly jolted from his spot and pushed himself past Bastian and Ceil, grabbing Arthur by his collar. He was able to overhear what was being said.. and what Arthur just said were some of the most important words Kaz had heard in a long time.

"Are you serious?!" questioned Kaz, not easing up his grip on Arthur. "Drystan!.. Tell me what happened to Drystan!" he was shouting now, this was potentially the first piece of solid evidence he would have regarding his older brother, anything else he had heard were just rumors with no evidence to support them.

Sera stood silently by. She seemed to be good at that; it was only when Kaz suddenly jumped forward that Sera moved. Her sword was in her hand and she moved to Arthur's side. From her place, the flat of the sword pressed against the distressed summoner's throat.

"Stop!" she said, only very slightly letting the sharper edge press lightly against Kaz's skin. There would be no blood unless Kaz tried to push himself closer.

~~

Angelina watched as the box shifted hands. Was that the same box as earlier? Ceil opened it and the healer frowned. In her hurry, she must have left in its hiding place. Bastian must have picked it up. She turned back to her work, the gash was cleaned. She was gently spreading the salve over his cut now. After, she washed and cleaned it again.

Even at the mention of all the disappearing summoners, she didn't stop. The young woman glanced at Arthur, understanding flooding into her eyes. This, this was why they were running.

It wasn't until she had started to stitch his cut shut that Kaz suddenly jumped forward and grabbed hold of Arthur. Sera seemed to move without hesitation to protect the boy. Angelina glanced at her fiend. The oversized wolf stood to her paws and growled softly. Angelina then glanced at Ceil.

"Please don't stand on your leg, I will have to start again. Bastian and Sera can handle this..." her voice was soft, it was barely a whisper.

She set the needle and special thread aside, and walked over to the idiot summoner. Placing a gentle hand on his shoulder, she called his name.

"Kaz. Come, let him finish. You won't do any good to your brother dying yourself." she said, glancing at a very annoyed looking Sera.

Angelina gently pulled at Kaz.

"Let Arthur explain. Then perhaps you can wring his neck.

Ceil had also started to move towards Kaz when he grabbed the younger Summoner, but he was hindered by Angelina. She asked him to stay put and pointed out that Sera and Bastain could handle it in his stead. Ceil looked up at Sera and noted the look in her eye. Angelina had a point. If Kaz didn't back off he'd find himself breathing through his throat.

He sat back again and glared at Kaz.

"I'd listen to them if I were you. I think we are going to hear a long story here and Arthur might tell it better if both of his feet were on the ground."

Arthur hadn't moved at all when Kaz grabbed his collar. He simply stared up at him, his red eyes fixed on Kaz's brown.

"I am always serious" he stated.

Kaz did not flinch as Sera placed her blade against his neck. He simply continued to hold tighlty onto Arthur's collar, his eyes completely focused on Arthur. It wasn't because he was not intimidated by the blade, it was simply because he did not notice it. There was only one thing on his mind right now and that was finding out the truth about Drystan..

It was only when Angelina pulled him, that he seemingly snapped back to reality. He glanced down at the blade, then at Sera and glared at her. Right now she was not a person to him.. just another obstacle in the way of finding out the truth However given the current situation he was hesitant to react in a hostile manner, but he was definitely not going to forget her actions nor forgive her for getting in his way.

He stepped back and returned to the vent he was sat upon earlier. Sitting there with his elbows to his knees and cracking his knuckles he waited for Arthur to explain.

“Quite you lot. We don’t need any unwanted attention drawn to us.” Bastian spoke refering to Kaz’s outburst. He understood why he had done it, he himself would have been a loose cannon if something happened to his family. Finally he raised from his seat again the concrete wall, standing next to Arthur, both looking at Ceil.

((Blah post))

When Kaz let him go Arthur took a moment to straighten his collar and then looked back at Ceil.

"Bastian and I have been curious about the missing Summoners for some time now. Not only have there been many unexplained disappearances across Wyhdori, but the Summoners arrested by the military could not possibly be held in Tehgrimm Suda's cells. There simply isn't enough space."

Arthur spoke in his normal quiet and emotionless voice, but there was a look in his eyes that betrayed his thoughts.

"We originally went to Kaz to ask for his aid in the matter, as his brother was one of the missing Summoners, but he rejected out offer. We continued the investigation on our own and discovered that Drystan was sent to an inn in Wuhi Hyet. We went there and took two rooms. We were served a meal that neither of us ordered, which caused me to speculate it might be drugged. My guess was proved correct when I was later attacked in my room by those who believed I was unconscious. Bastian and I were able to subdue the assailants and one of them informed us that they were being paid to kidnap and deliver Summoners to a boat on the docks. I allowed them to take me, under the guise of sleep, and was handed over and placed in a cage. When the ship took sail Bastain followed on Areo."

“The ship led to a hidden cave near Suda.” Bastian spoke looking down at Ceil, he refused to take his eyes of him. “After they docked I stayed behind watching what was going on. Several other drugged summoners along with Arthur where taken into different. When things started going sour Areo cleared the cave out but some got away and got word to whoever was in charge of what was happening there.”

Seraphina lowered her blade as soon as Kaz backed. She knew Kaz would have been injuried had Angelina not spoke to him. She glared right back at the suffering summoner. Her sword stayed in her hand and rested against her leg. The girl didn't move away from Arthur. She simple took a couple steps off to the side which put her between Kaz and Arthur. Her gaze turned to Arthur and Bastian as they spoke.

"What are they doing to summoners? And where did you get that?" she asked, eyeing the box.

---

Angelina waited until Kaz had walked back before heading back to Ceil. She cleaned her hand then went back to carefully stitching Ceil's wound shut. Even as the two boy explain, Angelina's focuse stayed on Ceil's leg. Finally, she had finished and now she started to bandage it.

Arthur nodded at Bastian's explanation.

"They were surprised to find me awake. They had laid me on a table and I believe were getting ready to cut me open. Fortunately their surprise allowed me time to summon Hima and defend myself. While Areo kept them all busy Bastain and I searched the other rooms. We found a furnace and several store rooms, all packed with boxes like that. I estimate there was approximately a thousand boxes a room."

Ceil's face harded and he looked down at the box in his hand. Two or three thousand crystals? He looked back up at the two boys. "Anything else?"

"Yes. When I opened the last door I discovered a vast cavern. About half a mile deep. Some kind of strange contraption was suspended from the ceiling before me. Below it was some kind of altar. I saw seven people lying underneath it. I believe they were strapped down or otherwise held immobile."

Arthur looked to Bastain.

"I am afraid I can not remember anything else. Only a sharp pain in my stomach."

Edited by Fortune86

“When Arthur passed out I had to get us out. I didn’t go and have a look in the room he just described. Areo informed there where ships approaching. All I could do was get us out of there before we were caught and swimming was the only option.” Bastian explained as he looked between Arthur and Ceil.

“That is why I went to the school cause you, Noland and…” Bastian stayed quiet for a second before continuing. “And Rose is the only ones we could trust at the moment.”

"What about Drystan.." interrupted Kaz. "Are you telling me Drystan was captured and killed by these men?!.. do you honestly think I will buy that?!... There is no way... no way that Drystan would die that way! " Kaz was doing his best to keep his emotions in check. Since childhood he had always held his older brother in high regard and to think he had been killed in such a manner was hard to accept.

Ceil wordlessly gave the box back to Arthur. Arthur in turn looked to Kaz. When their eyes made contact Arthur held the box out to the freelancer for him to take.

"I do not know what they wanted with it, but I will find out."

Kaz didn't utter a word. With trembling hands he took the box Arthur offered him and opened it slowly. Noticing a summoner's crystal inside. For a few minutes he simply stared at the Crystal, not once moving from his spot.

Clenching his fist around the crystal he stood up and turned, placing one hand over his chest and summoning Xaphan. Xaphan kneeled as he took form, allowing Kaz to easily climb on. In an instant, Xaphan was off the roof and soaring towards an isolated part of the island.

Diana nodded slowly. She had a family back home, but she couldn't go back now. She could be a criminal herself. Hearing some raised voices upstairs, she glanced up at the ceiling. "Wonder what that's about," she murmured. But then the voices went back to normal level, only a buzzing sort of sound from down where they were. "I really do hope this all works out okay," she whispered, running a hand through her black hair.