Kaiserf11

Broskii Region [OOC Thread]

Maybe I need to use Pansear for it... copuld i go back and change the post... problem is at the level my Sentret would be that is all it knows... it might be better if I used a different pokemon, come to think of it.

well, then do it, I haven't posted anything about the contest for that matter, so, you are in time to change it now

and something I may have failed to tell you all, the contest does not give out experience to the pokemon, only the battles, so, you don't need to use your weakest pokemon in the contest, you can use anyone you want

well, then do it, I haven't posted anything about the contest for that matter, so, you are in time to change it now

and something I may have failed to tell you all, the contest does not give out experience to the pokemon, only the battles, so, you don't need to use your weakest pokemon in the contest, you can use anyone you want

thanks for the info

Edit: OKEE-dokee fixed it, and I hope that is better.

Edited by LeopardDragon

After reading what Akiraa was saying, I was a bit confused to how the accuracy system works, since there are moves with "100" accuracy, and moves with "-" accuracy. I read through this page, which cleared a lot up.

Essentially, it says that moves with "100" accuracy never miss unless the physical accuracy stat of the pokemon is lowered through sand attack or something of the like. Moves with "-" never miss unless the opposing pokemon uses a move in which they are completely invulnerable, such as fly or dig.

Just in case anyone else was wondering.

But thats using accuracy from a game perspective. That wouldn't apply in-anime or the real world. Tackle is 100% accurate. But the actual act of being tackled can be dodged. So... Its not entirely justified.

Not that it isn't a fairer way of determining a battle/its conclusion. We could easily just say we've dodged absolutely everything thrown at us otherwise, so this is probably the best alternative. Limiting people to one damaging attack per "turn" would help, which I think was intended. While not going overboard with the status-changing attacks, of course. Fifteen Tail Whips and Tackle is more than pushing it, but one Tail Whip (at a serious push, two) and a Tackle would be reasonable, I think. But I think inflicting status conditions in concert with a damaging attack is a bit unfair, seeing as it is a far greater handicap than Defense being lowered one stage.

I agree. Although I try to give two or three "commands" to the pokemon, leaving it off with something along the lines of "... and then the pokemon began it's offensive..." but never saying if the move hits or not. Does that count as fairly allowing someone to attack and defend otherwise?

Edit: How would moves such as airial ace work in this role play? As in, those moves that would have "-" accuracy in the games? (I haven't seen the anime in a long time.)

Edited by Shijou-san

woshiico0kie ~ no, contest wont help level up your pokemon. I took that from the games, in them, you can have your level 1 pokemon participate in lots of contests, but it won't raise level, so I thought to follow that rule here

LeopardDragon ~ ok, then I'll reply soon

Jeimuzu and Shijou-san ~ I believe Jeimuzu's got a point, try to limit the damage dealing moves to 1 per post during the battles, two at maximum, but with the chance of avoiding them as Shijou said. For example, giving the orders as follows: "Rattata use Tail Whip, then Tackle" the pokemon lands the Tackle and then you order it use another tackle, but now, you let it end like this "Rattata ran towards its foe aiming to Tackle it..." or something like that, that way, your opponent will have the chance to avoid the attack and you wouldn't be power playing. And besides, that's how I battle most of the time, so I believe is the fairest way to do it...

poke11 ~ On top of the tree, a flock of Spearows passed flying. All and every single one of them cawing their "name". The massive scape made some of the pokemon in the tree to fall off. Between them, a rather cranky Spearow(lvl 3) that was apparently, lecturing the flock for their scare of the pokemon in the tree, completely ignoring the girl and the pokemon infront of it...

Alicia Jewel ~ Its ok, don't worry, I understand. It had happened to me a couple times before  sad.gif

akiraa ~ Yeah, Thinderwave has a 100% chance of hitting, so it never misses. Sorry...

Tournament

As Tom and Akira left the field, the screen in the top of the tent moved to their leg, the picture of the green haired boy advanced to the next stop and then it(the screen) returned to the complete board. A voice from the loudspeakers came: "please Diomedes and Morty, come to the field to have your battle" it said before stting down. The crowd roaring in exitement, they wanted to see another good battle as the one before...

(Actually, 100% doesn't mean it'll always hit, it just has a high chance of hitting. Acuracy would have to be put as -- and the details would have to say it never misses for it to never miss. Take swift for an example. If you go in it doesn't say 100% it says

Accuracy: --%

Description: Star-shaped rays are shot at the opposing team. This attack never misses.

So I find that battle rigged dry.gif Chip didn't even have a REAL chance to win.)

well.. maybe it is.. but... Thunderwave never misses, not even in the anime, that's why it didn't missed...

Maybe I did exceed on hitting each move, but if you think about it, Quick Attack has a 100% accuracy, and the only ways I can think to avoid it, would be using another Quick Attack to move, or to have Protect or a move alike to avoid being hitted

Actually in the games I've had Thunder wave miss, same with Quick Attack. And I can't remember in the anime, so yeah xd.png I haven't watched any part of the seasons earlier than Diamond and Pearl for awhile.

Do Ghost-type moves such as Astonish work on Normal types? -currently in battle-

Jeiuizu-> Sorry I can't continue the battle, I have to sleep. ^^;

Edited by woshiico0kie

Ryu said they did in a battle between strom's Ghastly and a normal-type. They just do little damage. So, its more for the flinching, rather than the hurt.

And thats okay. ^^ G'night.

Isn't it rather unfair that you're blocking almost all of my attacks/my attacks have no effect on you/I don't have a chance to dodge your attacks? sad.gif

Patrat has more HP and more attack, combined with stronger moves. Lotad has maybe half health, only due to absorbing Patrat's health. Also, Leer is based entirely on intimidation - in anime, it has always been as such. In game, it can fail. If you want to intimidate something that isn't easily bothered, be creative - charging while staring down at something so relaxed as a confident Lotad, who with its evolutions are specifically carefree, won't be as effective as taking it by surprise.

That, combined with the fact Lotad's moves don't do much damage. Astonish is ghost-type, Absorb is base 30 (including STAB) damage. Patrat? Base 75 with Tackle.

So what you say is unfair is just about evening the score. Creative solutions, my friend. Latitude for tactics increases outside game boundaries. I'm not dodging and blocking still takes damage. The only advantage Lotad has in this battle is knowing a Special-based attack that restore health, which by rights is difficult to dodge. You had the option not to flinch after Astonish.

Sorry to be cold, but I don't see it as unfair, given the statistics.

Should Mia wait out the entire tournament and watch the whole thing, or can she go to train? I want to be active, but there's not much she can do at the moment. Perhaps a "just for fun" battle in the park? Not counting for experience even and obviously not part of the tournament, but something to do that keeps her in the same general vicinity as everyone else.

M'kay, I'm just wondering...

What does that mean? xd.png

I meant "hold" ... finger error sad.giftongue.gif

Shijou-san ~ well, I guess that is a very good idea, go ahead and do it, but wait my post for that, which will be in the next minutes

Jeimizu-> Nah I'm fine haha. I'm just complaining for the sake of complaining. =X Sorry if that bothered you a lot. sad.gif

Ryu-> Did my Patrat gain a level?

Edited by woshiico0kie

Nah, it didn't. You just caught me in one of my legendarily unfriendly moods. xP I had spent seven hours in a room with two people that seriously grind my gears and the weather here is unnaturally hot for England. The tolerant part of me was hugging its knees and rocking in the corner of my mind. Its all good.

battle in the park, if you leave the park, then you won't have an idea of what would happen next

not unless I say so... so far, only stromezone and I got pokemon with them, but wild pokemon could have egg moves, so you keep and eye on them...

btw, stop asking if your pokemon gained a level, not because it bothers me, which doesn't btw, but because I want you to wait for the event to end to know it...

another thing, I need Leoparddragon to report soon, her battle is next, so she should be ready to post 'cause this event had taken more time that I expected