Kaiserf11

Broskii Region [OOC Thread]

Excellent. I wanna find Rain Dance and teach it to just about everything I catch. x3 Oh, how I love the rain.

Another question. Are there going to be HMs? I gotta know since normally in the game zigzagoon/linoone is one of my HM slaves, and I can't picture something the size of a raccoon taking Lurch across a lake. But I also picture him breaking boulders too.

If there are HMs, I doubt HM slaves would be necessary, seeing as Ryu isn't running the 4-move cap. So you can teach it to just literally anything that can learn it, for convenience.

If there are HMs, I doubt HM slaves would be necessary, seeing as Ryu isn't running the 4-move cap. So you can teach it to just literally anything that can learn it, for convenience.

Yeah, but what I'm saying is I don't see a raccoon taking Sebastian across a lake. I can't picture that. ((It would be funny though.)) There's no 4 move limit? How many moves can we have?

As many as you can remember, from what I can tell. And actually, Linoone reaches the height of a medium-large sized dog rather easily, as does Zigzagoon a smallish-medium... Instead of "carrying" a human, I'd imagine it swims while said person holds on.

Edited by Jeimuzu

As many as you can remember, from what I can tell. And actually, Linoone reaches the height of a medium-large sized dog rather easily, as does Zigzagoon a smallish-medium... Instead of "carrying" a human, I'd imagine it swims while said person holds on.

OH!! I'm gonna have a field day with that. *evil grin* *tries to picture* laugh.gif OH geez! That looks funny. *hopes he gets a totodile*

There is a three wild pokemon battle cap for the day, correct? Can I look for a few more wild battles? (is trying to get Mareep to lvl 10 for thundershock)

dragoon ~ Jeimuzu is right, we don't have the 4 move limit, so you can have any pokemon to learn the HMs, and yes, there will be them, in case its needed, i.e. for Flash, but Cut is something almost any pokemon with claws can do so it won't be a HM for that.

Shijou-san ~ no, the limit is a 3 wild battle, not cap, which means, you can encounter 10 pokemons a day, but will only get to battle 3, wether you catch them or not doesn't influence the amount of battles, so, if you already have done 3 battles, you will have to tend the day...

though, it will start untill day 3 and above, being you on your first day of the journey, you can have a couple more battles, don't worry laugh.gif

Ok. Seeing a guy the size of Tiger Woods flopping around in the water just looks funny to me though. laugh.gif

I got another question. Are we using the 4th gen+ version for the move types or not? For ex thunder punch in the old games was a special move, but now it's physical. I want to know what it's going to be.

Sorry I haven't been that active lately. Things have been really busy for me in school. sad.gif

Dragoon-> Replied your pm.

Ryu-> When's the tournament going to start? I feel as if I've registered too early and everybody's getting to battle, but not me. unsure.gif

Edited by woshiico0kie

dragoon ~ it will depend, thunder punch is clearly both, physical and special, but I don't see how that affects the gameplay huh.gif

woshiico0kie ~ it will start soon, I'm just waiting for Rainbow, monkeyboy, Leopardragon, HPfreak and Shijou to get to Pring Town and register to begin it, you can try to do something else in the mean time...

Rainbow_Joy ~ it will, but not sure where yet unsure.gif

dragoon ~ it will depend, thunder punch is clearly both, physical and special, but I don't see how that affects the gameplay huh.gif

Well, for ex, an Alakazam that has the three punches, thunder, ice, and fire, would be extremely powerful, but if it's a physical move then it would be fairly pathetic. I'm just thinking about damage calculations, but if that doesn't matter... ((Maybe I'm thinking too much.))

I'd say use the 4th Gen+. Mainly because it actually makes more sense; in the older generations, whether an attack was physical or special depended on the type. Many pokemon were made rather bad because of this. Banette was, and is, far greater at Attack than Sp. Attack, but Ghost moves were Special, and so completely nullified Banette's ability in battle, except for the few other non-ghost moves it learnt. And there were incredibly few.

Also, in terms of teaching certain moves, without the 4-move limit, you don't need to concern yourself with what attack will do best - you can have them all. So Alakazam can have the punches without sacrificing his magnificent Special-based moves.

I'd say use the 4th Gen+. Mainly because it actually makes more sense; in the older generations, whether an attack was physical or special depended on the type. Many pokemon were made rather bad because of this. Banette was, and is, far greater at Attack than Sp. Attack, but Ghost moves were Special, and so completely nullified Banette's ability in battle, except for the few other non-ghost moves it learnt. And there were incredibly few.

Also, in terms of teaching certain moves, without the 4-move limit, you don't need to concern yourself with what attack will do best - you can have them all. So Alakazam can have the punches without sacrificing his magnificent Special-based moves.

*goes to check moves* MEH! I'll deal. I've another question. How are we to determine what type hidden power is? ((If I'm going overboard with all these questions tell me, and I'll stop.))

dragoon and Jeimuzu ~ Jeimuzu is right, it is the best way to think things, thanks for the help biggrin.gif

Shijou-san~ ok, will reply to you now

dragoon ~ I'll randomize that... though stromezone began using it before I could think of a way to go around that -really confusing and hard- formula they had to calculate that... I'll tell you wich type of hidden power your pokemon has when you ask me and tell me wich pokemon it is

Well, without IVs, we could always just randomise the Hidden Power type.

EDIT - Ninja'd.

Also, in terms of getting to Day 3, me and akiraa are maybe 1/4 of the way through a battle. CURSE THEE, TIME ZONE DIFFERENCES!

Edited by Jeimuzu

dragoon and Jeimuzu ~ Jeimuzu is right, it is the best way to think things, thanks for the help  biggrin.gif

Shijou-san~ ok, will reply to you now

dragoon ~ I'll randomize that... though stromezone began using it before I could think of a way to go around that -really confusing and hard- formula they had to calculate that... I'll tell you wich type of hidden power your pokemon has when you ask me and tell me wich pokemon it is

He used his as a secret power. Maybe I should get 100s of Unown just to be an arse. Hey Ryu? Serebii IV counter

There was also a thing in one of the games where a guy just told you what the type for hidden power was.

Edited by dragoon1234

yes, I read that when reading about the Hidden Power... but, well, it is not needed, we'll know whattype of Hidden Power it is 'cause I'll say it here, so there is no point on addin that. Maybe for the actual characters know that, but is not too important either

yes, I read that when reading about the Hidden Power... but, well, it is not needed, we'll know whattype of Hidden Power it is 'cause I'll say it here, so there is no point on addin that. Maybe for the actual characters know that, but is not too important either

All right. I'm just trying to be useful. happy.gif

sorry I'm not too bright I thought hidden power was just your pokemons type...

Nah, its determined by IVs in a formula I don't know and can't really be bothered to learn. tongue.gif So, it can be any type. As long as the IVs apply. But we don't run IVs in this RP, which is a relief in many cases.

EDIT - Ryu!

1. I'm going to apologise for mine and akiraa's battle, we need to come up with a quick conclusion. If, seeing as its a double battle, one pokemon on both sides fainted, and it concluded as an agreed draw, would the unfainted pokemon on both sides level up? I ask because I'd quite like Magikarp to level up whenever possible, so total loss wouldn't help so much.

2. Traded pokemon and pokemon holding the Lucky Egg gain bonus experience in-game. Could this be represented here? I'm thinking 1.5 levels instead of 1 for every "victory" rather than 2, which would prevent skyrocketing levels. So, for every two battles, a traded/lucky egg pokemon could level up three times, instead of two. Just wondering~.

Edited by Jeimuzu

Jeimuzu ~ well, for starters, double battles gives only 1 level up still. So they wouldn't win two level either. I guess the battle ending as a tie could be said that both gain exp, but only bacause it was akiraa's first battle, next time, the battle have to have a winner, or else, it won't raise anybody's pokemon's levels.