Rubs

Cartoon Network is running out of ideas...

Old vs New, whos better?  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love the old ones. smile.gif They still show Cow and Chicken on Cartoon Network over here. I watched it yesterday, eheh. ^^ *Clicks through TV Guide* Other older shows still on: Courage the Cowardly Dog, Samurai Jack, Powerpuff Girls. Also some others I suspect to be old, but am unsure. smile.gif Courage and C&C are on really regularly, like once every three shows or so? :3 Haha, I'd forgotten how much a I loved those cartoons. Ed, Edd, and Eddy is on another channel - one of the SA ones, obviously bought it because it was old and therefore probably cheap.

I love the old ones. smile.gif They still show Cow and Chicken on Cartoon Network over here. I watched it yesterday, eheh. ^^ *Clicks through TV Guide* Other older shows still on: Courage the Cowardly Dog, Samurai Jack, Powerpuff Girls. Also some others I suspect to be old, but am unsure. smile.gif Courage and C&C are on really regularly, like once every three shows or so? :3 Haha, I'd forgotten how much a I loved those cartoons. Ed, Edd, and Eddy is on another channel - one of the SA ones, obviously bought it because it was old and therefore probably cheap.

heh they still show Courage over here in the states they also show classic Looney Tunes aswell as classic Tom & Jerry, and they show the Halloween and Christmas specials of Ed, Edd & Eddy but thats about it

Boomerang solves my old school woes. Many cartoons nowadays seem to be competing for who is the most stupid, but I think that of a lot of old shows, too. Not in a bad way, mind you. Stupid can be very, very entertaining. Even stupid can be done wrong.

Unsure about Looney Tunes and whatnot. o3o They're probably on Boomerang. However, I don't get Boomerang. ;n; I'll have a look tomorrow at what's on there~

I love Adventure Time. I tried to not like it... I really did. It's just awesome.

I miss Space Ghost Coast to Coast & The Brack Show. I used to stay up late watching them with my mom.

Norther thing , i most like the 90s CN better than any of the others. You kno, not like Smurks, Snorks, pink Panther, and Jetsons; but more like Dexters Lab, Teen Tittans, Samurai Jack( which i still havent seen the entire series of which is also now cancelled on Boomerang sad.gif ), and Lonney Tunes. But theres still afew decent new ones out. it knda half and half on both ends for me you kno? Thank GOD I HAVE BOTH CN and BOOMERANG CAUSE OF VERIZON.

I miss Space Ghost Coast to Coast & The Brack Show. I used to stay up late watching them with my mom.

Adult Swim had better shows than the crap they've got on now. e_e Now they offer Delocated, Eagleheart, Children's Hospital, Check It Out with Dr. Steve Brule, Tim and Eric (seriously, what the fu-?) and Loiter Squad. Some shows hold appeal (Bleach, Family Guy, ATHF, Squidbillies, King of the Hill), but every thing else goes to hell.

But to stay on topic, I dearly miss ALL (even creepy Flapjack) of the old shows. Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Generator Rex are amusing, but not much else is interesting. They should really bring some of the oldies back, but I highly doubt that.

Ooh. I like Chiwder. And the thing with blue, that blob. It was imaginary something's. But no, they'll only out it up for Christmas T.Y or knishmas.

Transformers Animated FTW!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xd.png

i <3 Bumblebee. Blurr and Prowl as well.

I LOVE Regular Show! My Gym Partners a Monkey was also a win.

I half to say old, I liked all of the old shows and the art quality has gone down the drain, I mean, come on!! what is it too hard to draw something that isn't gonna give me nightmares?

old shows I liked

samurai jack

johnny quest

courage the cowardly dog

inuyasha

zoids

maxx steel (yes I watched that)

scooby doo

space ghost

the jetsons

beyblade

totally spies

sailor moon

the adventures of jackie chan

popeye

yu-gi-oh!

naruto

teen titans

pirates of black water

pokemon

G.I. joe

batman

batman beyond

godzilla and godzuki

justice league

I'm sure there are some I'm missing

new shows I like

ben 10 ultimate alien

generator rex

thundercats

pokemon

ninjago (at least I think that's where I watched it?)

bleach

fullmetal alchemist

new shows I'm neutral about

scooby doo (they're killing the peace and love thing that I liked about the original and every remake they've done up till this one)

new shows I don't like

EVERYTHING THEY HAVE ON THERE!!

I really like the old ones, I don't know why everyone bashes the new ones, they're not all bad, I LOVE adventure time (has seen every episode)

I miss the Cartoon Network. Many children channels have gone down hill. The humor is completely dull. Adults actually enjoyed the old cartoons. Plus, it's CARTOON Network. I am disappointed that they added non-animated shows. I only go on this channel when old cartoons are being shown.

most of the new shows are disappointing. i find only some enjoyable now, but i am glad to see toonami back

With me, it's kind of both far as which shows I like. I liked most of the old shows, but there are still some new shows that come along once in awhile that I like. Personally, what I look for is good animation, and a deep plot line. There are some shows that for the longest time I avoided, and others I'll watch them, just because there's nothing to do, but it doesn't mean I like them. I'm not really sure which shows are old and which ones are new.

So far, the shows I've watched but not cared for were Chowder and Flapjack.

Most of the others are pretty good, but my favorites were Ben 10 (I still like the series), and Generator Rex, I also liked The Batman series.

I was kind of upset by the Looney Toons Show and the new Scooby Doo one. Although they had good animation, and usually deeper plot lines, they kind of butchered the characters, ruining little quirks characters had. I think the Tasmanian Devil is a prime example, his affectionate name, "Tazzy" (I called him that), has been changed to 'Poochy' or 'Pookie' or something. Then, they took away his crazy speech pattern, and he doesn't do that tornado spin like he used to.

old, i wasn't around for that time but i watched the reruns and a couple of the new episodes of the shows that lasted a bit longer than the others.

i really hate the shows like level up, TDI (that series), ect... because it annoys me.

the TDI series really just because i hate it. for unknown reasons, mainly because its not funny. especially compared to the older shows.

level up because its just plain unfunny.

now adventure time and regular show are actually very good. they'll be classics one day like the other shows.

but alot.png of the old shows, i have to be honest, weren't my favorites either. chowder wasn't but i still watched it, but it was because they screamed and screamed all the time. drove me insane.

but i'd still choose the old shows over the new ones any day.

I loved watching TV, and that used to be the only thing I would do in my free time when they were showing things like Pokemon and Ben10 and... I don't even remember any more. sad.gif I just know that I loved watching them, but now it's changed so much and has terrible shows on like Adventure time and Flapjack, which both are freaky and IMO were made by high people and lunatics. Like really? A gigantic talking whale and some candy island? And what about some freak transforming giant resizable dog? I know, it's a cartoon and they can be whatever, but that isn't something that I'd ever put in a cartoon or anything. I've just completely stopped watching TV all together now and just find things I like watching by hearing about them somewhere like hear and then finding them most likely on my new favorite video website called Animedream, which is were I watch Legend of Korra now. And from what I recall when I just watched about a month ago, around midnight they don't even show cartoons!

And even Spongebob if that's even around anymore! Before, I liked it, then they started making him go crazy and whatnot and it just became a freak show to me. sad.gif If I were to change the cartoon channels, every show would be something that everyone would be able to like and not all this deranged stuff with candy zombie people and girls that look like guys with unabrows. If you disagree with me, fine, but this is my opinion and I'm sticking to it unless the cartoons change to better ones.

I like old cartoons a bit better, but I'm a little bit in the middle. I like some of today's cartoons, besides the fact that most of them don't make any sense, like adventure time. What I like about adventure time is mainly Finn's background and layed aback nature. That's the only thing that keeps me from not turning on the news when that show pops up. Though some parts seem a little bit inapproprietate to me. On sponge bob, I hardly see it on Nickoloden (or however you spell it). My sister keeps saying that she found on the Internet something saying that sponge bob inspires kids to do crazy things. And it will rot your brain. I think she's halfly true about that, I liked the first season's episode. Power puff girls used to be my favourite show when I was about five or four. Then they stopped airing it so much. Though, I think on cartoon network they air old cartoons on some week night or day every week, though I forgot what day. I also liked the looney tunes, which still air usually before the looney tunes show is on (in other words, the new version of the looney tunes). Other than those cartoons, I can't think of any others in the small time I wrote this.

EDIT: Just remembered Courage the Cowardly Dog scared ne half to death when I first watched it when I was four. But I think that was always the scariest one for me, it was the one with that other dog and that huge bone somewhere in the sewer I think. Though, after that I became quiet fond of it, and I haven't seen it air for at least two years now. And now I've just remembered Fosters. I forgot it's full name, but it had a pretty good, but short run. One reason for my liking of it was short was because it didn't air to often. Though, it was a good little fun children show, one which along with some others, I hope will survive on air enough for my baby brother and some other people I know to see them. I think that is also one of the old shows they air on some old show marathon night or day during the week...

Edited by FlowerOwl

Every time I find myself watching TV, I find myself thinking that they ran out of ideas x___x

I can't believe the last few, awesome shows from 5-6 years ago are now on Boomerang. Like whutt? That's reserved for the 90's shows! (I'm twenty, by the way, so that makes me feel super old laugh.gif)

Edit: I most definitely voted for the older shows being better, if I wasn't clear. wink.gif

Edited by DeathCry

I think people are too quick to condemn new material simply because they have so many fond memories of the old material. There were and are many old shows I love--Dexter's Lab, PPG, Ed Edd & Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, for starters--but there are some nice new ones, too. The Amazing World of Gumball is suprisingly cute, and while I have some personal issues with Adventure Time it's also got some nice stuff.

And there's probably other old/new ones that I like as well, I just have trouble keeping which networks broadcast which shows straight. X'D

I like some of the new shows but I only really remember the old ones. I haven't been able to keep track of all the new material.

I do remember Johnny Bravo. I used to feel so sorry for him when I was little because he could "never get a girlfriend". But now that I've rewatched a few episodes, I realize that he's a womanizing jerk who deserves all of the punches he gets. But I still love it because that's what made the show funny. It was supposed to teach people NOT to behave like him. I still watch it on Boomerang occasionally with PPG and Teen Titans (loved that show!).

I also loved Courage and Edd Edd n' Eddy. Courage did scare the heck out of my sometimes, though.

I like a mixture of the old and new *shrugs*

I don't have much time for cartoons though.

I do quite like Adventure Time though, as well as Ben 10 (the teenage series anyway) and Young Justice.