Rubs

Cartoon Network is running out of ideas...

Old vs New, whos better?  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cartoon Network had good old cartoons, like Nickelodeon did. But now look what they did, they cancelled all off the good old cartoons.

Ed, Edd, and Eddy

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Samurai Jack

Camp Lazlo

And.... Pink Panther (there's a new series that air but still we miss the old one)

They only kept the Powerpuff Girls. But you still miss they don't you?

Only the new good cartoons were Flapjack...

So, which is better? Old or New? we all know the Flapjack is a good one but the other new ones suck...

Old news is old. Everyone hates new cartoons. They seriously sux0r. We get it. >_>

I gotta agree, though. But I haven't had satellite in about a year (or is it more now?), so I can't really judge. Adventure Time is the newest thing I've heard about, and it wasn't so bad.

I'd go with old, though, mainly because those are the only ones I know about.

But thanks for reminding me to go rewatch Samurai Jack. <3

Edited by Zovesta

Funnily enough, I detest all of the cartoons you listed. Especially Courage the Cowardly Dog. I dislike the new stuff too. Now, what I do want to see. More Young Justice type of stuff 83

Also, Flapjack stinks too.

Edited by Walker

Cartoon Network had good old cartoons, like Nickelodeon did. But now look what they did, they cancelled all off the good old cartoons.

Ed, Edd, and Eddy

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Samurai Jack

Camp Lazlo

And.... Pink Panther (there's a new series that air but still we miss the old one)

So, which is better? Old or New? we all know the Flapjack is a good one but the other new ones suck...

Camp Lazlo... it does suck.

Flapjack needs to die.

As does most of the cartoons nowadays. This includes star wars. I like generator rex, tower prep, and ben 10. There are a couple others but for the majority of cartoon networks cartoons, they suck.

Camp Lazlo... it does suck.

Flapjack needs to die.

As does most of the cartoons nowadays. This includes star wars. I like generator rex, tower prep, and ben 10. There are a couple others but for the majority of cartoon networks cartoons, they suck.

Those bolded ones are good ones too~

As you can tell, I have a thing for cartoons that have a superhero theme. The rest of them are off my radar~

Also, I'll gladly be disowned if I don't have to watch that show Sock Goddess. It detestable.

I don't really like any of the "old" or "new" shows. I like the old old shows. smile.gif Like those from the 80's.

Of the more recent ones, I do like Billy and Mandy and Foster's House for Imaginary Friends. I don't like courage the cowardly dog or Ed, Ed and Eddy. Camp Lazlo was good. Samurai Jack - I watch it on Boomerang.

Honestly, I've never really been much of a Cartoon Network fan at all. Courage the Cowardly Dog, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and Camp Lazlo were cool. I watched Naruto on Toonami when it was airing there.

But there's only one reason that I hold love for CN, for it was the only channel to air one of my most favorite shows: Code Lyoko. Loved that show to DEATH. It's a shame it isn't on anymore. =/

But, yeh. CN's toons nowadays all suck. Flapjack, Adventure Time, Chowder... All stupid. I find no humor or real entertainment in them. >.=.> The only new CN show that I like is Regular Show. I love it, actually. tongue.gif It's about two lazy animals who just want to play video games... Sounds like me! And Mordecai is awesome.

Edited by Alpha Gryph

Even as a kid, when all those aforementioned older cartoons were running, I didn't really like Cartoon Network. >.> I mean, it wasn't terrible, but I never actively watched it. As with every newer cartoon, they focus on making it stupid as possible without it being funny. (old news durp)

I did sometimes watch Fosters, though. I was just like "...what?" with all the other cartoons.

Honestly, I've never really been much of a Cartoon Network fan at all. Courage the Cowardly Dog, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and Camp Lazlo were cool. I watched Naruto on Toonami when it was airing there.

But there's only one reason that I hold love for CN, for it was the only channel to air one of my most favorite shows: Code Lyoko. Loved that show to DEATH. It's a shame it isn't on anymore. =/

But, yeh. CN's toons nowadays all suck. Flapjack, Adventure Time, Chowder... All stupid. I find no humor or real entertainment in them. >.=.> The only new CN show that I like is Regular Show. I love it, actually. tongue.gif It's about two lazy animals who just want to play video games... Sounds like me! And Mordecai is awesome.

I loved Code Lyoko and watching Naruto on CN started my Naruto obsession.

Eh, I dunno, CN is showing sooooome progress with some of these new shows. Ben 10, Generator Rex, Secret Saturdays, Regular Show (a personal favorite of mine; I'm a sucker for humor like that), Young Justice... Symbionic Titan was a favorite of mine, and I was disappointed when CN didn't renew it for a new season. The monster of the week thing brought back a lot of nostalgia.

Problem Solverz looks terrible, though, I won't lie.

Also they need to stop with the reality shows.

Ed, Edd, and Eddy

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Samurai Jack

Camp Lazlo

Linked for creepyness

this is just one of the things about Flapjack I hate.

I dislike that show entirely, it scares me and I watched Evil dead 2 without being disturbed!

I totally prefer old Cartoon network,

though that's probably because I remember watching it in the late 90's when Cow and Chicken,Courage, and the good shows were still on.

For one I hate the animation they have now a days

user posted image

user posted image

Does anyone else see a drop in Quality?

Comparing old Cartoon network when it still had Tsunami (and good shows!)

is like comparing Napoleon Dynamite to The Silence of the Lambs

NO contest Silence of the Lambs wins everytime

Good thing Boomerang and Net-flex exist otherwise I'd have to buy the old shows to be able to watch them dry.gif

Edited by Sorrowgrave

Linked for creepyness

this is just one of the things about Flapjack I hate.

I dislike that show entirely, it scares me and I watched Evil dead 2 without being disturbed!

I totally prefer old Cartoon network,

though that's probably because I remember watching it in the late 90's when Cow and Chicken,Courage, and the good shows were still on.

For one I hate the animation they have now a days

user posted image

user posted image

Does anyone else see a drop in Quality?

Comparing old Cartoon network when it still had Tsunami (and good shows!)

is like comparing Napoleon Dynamite to The Silence of the Lambs

NO contest Silence of the Lambs wins everytime

Good thing Boomerang and Net-flex exist otherwise I'd have to buy the old shows to be able to watch them dry.gif

I actually prefer Napoleon Dynamite. Silence of the lambs freaks me the hell out. BIG TIME. It doesn't have any redeeming features I could tell either.

Everything else is trufax.

I personaly liked (LOVED) Tsunami...... It was always so cool.....Now they only have dumb stows. =/

Lol, Tsunami was the only thing that kept me going in those hard times. (Srsly)

Edited by Ninetails

H'okay, shows I like (excuse me if I mix up networks x3):

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Ed, Edd, and Eddy

Powerpuff Girls

Pinky and the Brain

Catdog

Codename: Kids Next Door

Cow and Chicken

I am Weasel

Johnny Bravo

Dexter's Laboratory

Anamaniacs

Bugs Bunny

The Flintstones

Jackie Chan Adventure's (though I probably only liked this because Jackie Chan is love)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Scooby-Doo

Sailor Moon

Popeye

The Jetsons

Shows I don't like:

Adventure Time

Flapjack

Chowder

Teen Titan

Billy and Mandy (I tried to get into it and I think it has potential, but there are just a lot of things in it that are blah for me)

Zoids

Yu-Gi-Oh

Dragonball Z

Samurai Jack

Static Shock

Johnny Quest

Naruto

Mucha Lucha

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

Code Lyoko

My Gym Partner's a Monkey

Chaotic Camp Lazlo

Ben 10

I'm sure there's a bunch from both those lists I'm missing.

So yeah. I do tend to like the older stuff better (nostalgia, probably).

Oh? You like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Sock Goddess?

THANK GOODNESS! I was beginning to think we had nothing at all in common when it came to cartoon tastes tongue.gif

Although... all the other ones on your like list are ones I dislike or have never seen xd.png

I have four words for you.

"The Looney Tunes Show."

Not "Looney Tunes." The Looney Tunes Show.

Yeah. They're re-making Looney Tunes. I call sacrilege and blasphemy on this whole thing.

PS, The Roadrunner and Wile E Coyote are now illustrated with CGI. Not the rest of the toons, just those two. Not sure why.

Cartoon Network, was it not enough that you replaced all of the wonderful shows of our childhoods, now you have to destroy them? ;-;

"The Looney Tunes Show."

Yeah. They're re-making Looney Tunes. I call sacrilege and blasphemy on this whole thing.

PS, The Roadrunner and Wile E Coyote are now illustrated with CGI. Not the rest of the toons, just those two. Not sure why.

Cartoon Network, was it not enough that you replaced all of the wonderful shows of our childhoods, now you have to destroy them? ;-;

I call blasphemous pancakes on that.

CGI, seriously? >.< That just looks ugly.

Didn't someone do that same thing with Garfield? =_= CGI and all...

Oh, and I did like Dexter's Laboratory. Completely forgot about that show.

Zoids was EPIC WIN.

One of the new shows I like is Regular Show.

Another one is Adventure Time.

Flapjack scares the cr*p outta me.

Courage scared me too, especially with the Harvest Moon eppie. THAAAATTT FACCCE. DX

And they're ruining Ben 10 and Pokemon with all of the seasons. ._.

The Garfield Show is okay... I said okay.

Oh? You like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Sock Goddess?

THANK GOODNESS! I was beginning to think we had nothing at all in common when it came to cartoon tastes :P

*looks at the...seven(?) ninja turtle figures she owns, her ninja turtle pajama pants, ninja turtle snuggie, four ninja turtle shirts, ninja turtle wristband, ninja turtle notebook and pencils, ninja turtle gloves, two ninja turtle cups, ninja turtle movies and DVDs and CDs, and probably some stuff that slipped her mind*

Neenja turtles. <333

~

Eww, yeah, I hate stupid re-makes of shows. Never pulled off well. =\

H'okay, shows I like (excuse me if I mix up networks x3):

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Ed, Edd, and Eddy

Powerpuff Girls

Pinky and the Brain

Catdog

Codename: Kids Next Door

Cow and Chicken

I am Weasel

Johnny Bravo

Dexter's Laboratory

Anamaniacs

Bugs Bunny

The Flintstones

Jackie Chan Adventure's (though I probably only liked this because Jackie Chan is love)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Scooby-Doo

Sailor Moon

Popeye

The Jetsons

Shows I don't like:

Adventure Time

Flapjack

Chowder

Teen Titan

Billy and Mandy (I tried to get into it and I think it has potential, but there are just a lot of things in it that are blah for me)

Zoids

Yu-Gi-Oh

Dragonball Z

Samurai Jack

Static Shock

Johnny Quest

Naruto

Mucha Lucha

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

Code Lyoko

My Gym Partner's a Monkey

Chaotic Camp Lazlo

Ben 10

I'm sure there's a bunch from both those lists I'm missing.

So yeah. I do tend to like the older stuff better (nostalgia, probably).

Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragonball Z, Samurai Jack, Static Shock, Naruto, Mucha Lucha, Code Lyoko, Chaotic, Ben 10, Teen Titan, Billy and Mandy, Zoids!

I like a lot of those shows. Titans and Grim Adventures I only watched on occasion. Unlike most of the shows (chowder for example) if something else I wanted to watch was on but that they were on before it I could watch instead of scouring for something else.

Why do people keep calling it tsunami? :/

It's actually called Toonami. They did a play on words there. And I have NO IDEA why they decided to cancel that part of their programing. One of the worst choices they ever made in my opinion.

I really don't understand the cartoons on CN nowadays. Most of the humor just seems random and as people have mentioned before the artistic quality either is on the simplistic side or the just plain scary/creepy.

I liked PPG, Dexter's Lab, Teen Titans, Static Shock, Totally Spies, Foster's and a whole bunch of other things, I'm sure, from back in the day. I lean more towards shows that have a good plot or a basic theme to them.

Adventure Time, Regular show, Billy and Mandy, Flapjack, Johny Test and all the reality shows, I hate.

Edited by Daydreamer09

"The Looney Tunes Show."

Ugh. I don't like the sound of it. >.=.> All the remakes they're doing on CN now are horrid. That new Scooby-Doo? Bleh.

Lol Sock, most of the ones you put on the don't-like list are the ones I liked. XD