Rubs

Cartoon Network is running out of ideas...

Old vs New, whos better?  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some old shows suck, some new suck. I really think Nick is doing worse than CN though. Shows like: Making Fiends, Mighty BEE, Avatar(doesnt suck , just old, needs to be canceled) Fanboy and ChumChum, Penguins of Madagascar, Kung-fu Panda, Chalkzone, Power rangers Samurai, etc. Man i just hate em all.

But there a few good new CN shows: MAD, Reg Show, and Looney Tunes Show(decent, but not exellent like the classic).

Well, Tom & Jerry still airs, indeed. But we're talking about others.

However can you guys explain how CatDog airs at CN?

You know what I miss? Toonami. The old Toonami that was on all Saturday night. Not everything on it was great, but that segment had some good stuff and some great stuff. That was cartoon networks shining jewel for awhile until they killed it. Cartoon Network has never been the same since and has kept going further and further downhill. I wish they could have at least moved the day or something to keep it like it was. And Megas XLR was the greatest show ever. I'm not kidding. I was so mad when it was discontinued. I recommend seeing it if you haven't as it's classic.

Edited by TheShadowFreak

I agree, Toonami was the best CN had. Though I wouldn't mind watching back Dexter's Laboratory, Jhonny Bravo and those good ol' shows, they were my favorites laugh.gif

Liked watching Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends... wish it was still on. I remember liking the Code Lyoko opening song (Don't we all?) Ed, Edd, and Eddy was good. Dexter's Lab was another one. Used to like Ben 10 but they ruined it. l:c Kid's Next Door was yet another one I liked.

I have very basic cable, but I've seen the new shows a few times and they all suck. They aren't funny, just really stupid and have no storyline whatsoever. No offense to anyone who likes them, just my opinion.

Edited by UmbreWulf

I have to agree I mean I don't blame them for TRYING to replace the old with somthing new and better and not every cartoon series can last but the cartoon on there now seem really dumb and get a little adult at times in terms of language

no matter how old i get i guess im going to be stuck watching cartoons. i love them but... cartoon network has really let itself go. i almost despise it now. i always watch boomerang though~ boomerang is awesome. its all the old cartoons from cartoon network

i mean real people on CARTOON network?!?!?! what the @$#%?!?!

I hardly watch any tv anymore because most of the stuff that's on is horrible...not just cartoons, but pretty much any show. I make an exception for Doctor Who, though.

Anyway, these were the cartoons on CN I liked:

Powerpuff Girls

Dexter's Lab

Teen Titans

Code Lyoko

Toonami. All of Toonami. Even the shows on Toonami I didn't watch.

Johnny Bravo

Samurai Jack

Shows I'm neutral to:

Ed, Edd, and Eddy

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Adventure Time

Ben 10

Shows I hate:

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

Camp Lazlo

Flapjack

Regular Show

Gumball

EVERY SINGLE LIVE ACTION CN SHOW

I can't remember any other shows. But basically, I don't care for any of the new ones. They're too 'lol so randumb' for me and they're trying to copy formulas of stupidity from older shows. The old shows worked because they're quirky and stupid characters were new and original. Now CN is just recycling tired and annoying character attitudes.

Seriously, I tried to watch one episode of Foster's and I could not. I hated Bloo's attitude, and it set my teeth on edge. Main characters really should not make people angry, it ruins the fun of watching a show. And Cheese was just the stupidly random character they threw in because 'THAT'S FUNNAAAAY'.

I feel like Cheese was CN's horrible attempt at copying GIR from Invader Zim.

The ones you hated is the ones I liked! Plus, I have to endure my nerves on Generator Rex until any good show is on.

Edited by Rubs

I miss the old Cartoon Network so much. I remember when I was in elementary school and I got up to watch the Looney Toons everyday before going to school. And the other classic old cartoons like Tom and Jerry and Scooby-Doo used to be great. Of course that was back when America used to have good cartoons. The new Scooby-Doo series are lame. It's nice that they kept the boomerang option open but it's still hard to watch Cartoon Network these days. And I don't care what anyone says, the current cartoons are in my opinion pathetic (no offense) and could never replace the old ones like Courage the Cowardly Dog (in which I think many people don't understand its comic genius but that's ok), Teen Titans, and Samurai Jack. I also hate the live action aspect on Cartoon Network, but I grudgingly have to admit that Osmosis Jones was kinda cool.

And Toonami was great. I agree that it was the best thing Cartoon Network Ever did. I remember in Toonami's heyday as a kid sometimes I'd be at a sleepover and my friends and I would stay up to 3:00-4:00 in the morning watching random Toonami cartoons like DBZ. And it didn't matter if I watched a show on Toonami or not, you could turn on the TV and some random Toonami show would be playing and it would be entertaining regardless of if you knew the show or even liked it. There were a few really good things on Adult Swim like Samurai Champloo and Code Geass, but I really feel like Adult Swim was the beginning of the end of Toonami and the old Cartoon Network.

I wish they'd have an offer for Toonami like they do with Boomerang. I'd feel a lot better about a dead Cartoon Network that way. And I have to agree with the guy who brought up Megas XLR. I loved that show. I also miss Zoids.

I think it was on Nickolodean, but what about Hey Arnold? I used to adore that show. And not liking Naruto...how can I even look at your posts anymore Sock Godess? *shuns* Just kidding smile.gif. But seriously, Naruto is the best.

I wish they'd have an offer for Toonami like they do with Boomerang. I'd feel a lot better about a dead Cartoon Network that way. And I have to agree with the guy who brought up Megas XLR. I loved that show. I also miss Zoids.

I agree with everything you said, but especially that last part about you agreeing with me on Megas XLR and Toonami wink.gif and more importantly on bringing Toonami back the way they did Boomerang. It's a great idea. Even if I had to pay to subscribe to it, having Toonami as a separate channel or something would be really nice. I'm sure they'd have plenty of support. I totally would pay subscription fees to revive Toonami as the cable bill is already off the wall as it is anyways. I mean the last thing I want is for Disney X D (had to get rid of smile >.<) or something to kill that market for all time.

Cartoon Network had good old cartoons, like Nickelodeon did. But now look what they did, they cancelled all off the good old cartoons.

Ed, Edd, and Eddy

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Samurai Jack

Camp Lazlo

And.... Pink Panther (there's a new series that air but still we miss the old one)

They only kept the Powerpuff Girls. But you still miss they don't you?

Only the new good cartoons were Flapjack...

So, which is better? Old or New? we all know the Flapjack is a good one but the other new ones suck...

I remember when they introduced 'Powerpuff Girls' and 'Ed, Edd n Eddie' - to me, that is *new* Cartoon Network. I prefer the original.

it is so easy to tell your young.

Classical cartoon network (1999 to 2004) were the best years. They had Hack//sign  ,REAL batman cartoons  toonami  cool.gif The Iron Giant  , Spirited Away

Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky Hellboy: Blood and Iron, The big O ,Batman Beyond, Star wars the Clone wars (FIRST season, not the remakes)

This was the Cartoon network I grew up with

and you were a baby missing out tongue.gif

And so are you.

Scooby-Doo, the Jetsons, the Flintstones, Johnny Quest, Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Birdman, Birdman and Birdboy, Space Ghost, Captain Caveman, Godzilla and Godzuki, Wacky Races, Top Cat, SWAT cats, Yogi Bear...

That's the CN I miss.

Edited by Kestra15

I don't remember what I had when I was young. ...I didn't really watch much TV, at all.

But Tom and Jerry is like, transcendental. I will be eighty years old, on Mars, watching Tom and Jerry.

Scooby-Doo, the Jetsons, the Flintstones, Johnny Quest, Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Birdman, Birdman and Birdboy, Space Ghost, Captain Caveman, Godzilla and Godzuki, Wacky Races, Top Cat, SWAT cats, Yogi Bear...

That's the CN I miss.

The only show from that list I actually *liked* was Space Ghost. I remember everything else, but even when I was little I didn't like them. Scooby-Doo, Jetsons, and Flintstones were shows that I watched just because they were on. I would literally just watch them like a zombie, haha.

And SWAT Cats was too bizarre. The human faced cats gave me nightmares...

Other than that, all the other shows like Yogi and Bugs Bunny were just too boring for me to watch.