toxicneon

Game of Thrones

I'll make sure to watch it over the weekend!

Which is your favorite storyline right now? I'm dying to see what happens next with Arya!

I actually really like all the story lines. I'm curious to see what everyone does xd.png

Does anyone know who Tommen's heir is? I mean, if he snuffs it before Margaery gets pregnant, who would be king (or queen)?

Completely agree with last night's being the best. It gave us everything we wanted <3 I was terribly sad about Wun Wun though...

The fight scene last night was beyond amazing. It was...really got you into the action and what happens to Ramsay...so much joyXD

For me it had one awesome action scene but not as much emotional turmoil for me to make it my fav for the season.

It was such a great episode and I was so happy that this actually happened. Also go Dany.

user posted image

Question: for this thread, do we need to make spoiler text white? Or, not necessary?

I really do think now that Jon is The Price That was Promised.

Jon doesn't really care about honour or duty, not as most of Westeros see it. To Jon what really matters is people. He was willing to risk death and break his Nightwatch vows to help Robb. He didn't want to kill Ygritte just because she was a Wildling. He risked everything to bring as many of the Free Folk as he could through the wall to safety. He doesn't show any interest in retaking Winterfell until he finds out Rickon is in danger and threats are made against Sansa and the Wildlings. Jon is willing to die to keep other people safe.

All of this makes Jon a Prince in it truest and most purest form. A real Prince knows that it is his duty to serve the people and puts the common good over their own needs and wants. I'll bet there hasn't been someone like that ruling Westeros for a long time.

Personally, I think Dany makes a lot of sense too. According to the Azor Ahai prophecy, one will be born amid salt and smoke, I think she suits this part perfectly with the re-birth of her dragons, and herself too in a metaphorical way. Azor Ahai is also meant to be reborn to wake dragons (says here in the wik)i and that is exactly what Danerys does, literally. The only remaining part yet to be revealed is Lightbringer, since neither she nor Jon have "killed" a loved one to create Lightbringer. But I don't see how Jon fulfills the first part of being born amid "salt and smoke", but I can see how he might fulfill the Lightbringer section. So...maybe it's both of them?

Edited by andromedae

I'm not sure, but I thought that AA and TPTWP were different people/prophecies? Danerys is one and Jon is the other?

Maybe I am confused! I'll look it up and then come back to discuss that, lol. Sorry about that. Edit: They are the same thing: Prophecy

Edited by andromedae

Ah ok. That's a shame. I was thinking that if AA & TPTWP got together they'd have the most badass little babies.

Yeah, totally true. Who are you guys rooting for the iron throne's claim anyways? I'm totally torn between the Starks and Dany.

Why not both?

I'm wondering actually if Dany will actually conquer the Seven Kingdoms, or allow the friendly houses to rule over their individual lands provided they follow her rules. She doesn't need to rule out slavery since that was done a while back, but she can still insist that the common people are treated fairly and looked after. Anyone who doesn't gets invaded, their butts kicked (burned to death), and replaced with someone who will.

Dany can rule over which bit is attached to King's Landing and let everyone else get on with their own stuff. Jon in the North, Tyrion the Westerlands (Dany might spare Jaime, but I doubt she'd let him rule), Yara the Iron Islands and etc.

That would be lovely indeed. But it seems like an ending too beautiful and perfect for a show like Game of Thrones. It's always going to be disastrous for somebody that we actually like. I hope the Starks do team up with Dany, but I don't rule out the possibility of the Starks opposing Danaerys, which they might, if they so happen to gather a strong enough following and maybe some ambition to fight for the entire kingdom instead of settling for the North. Either way, I'm incredibly excited for the season finale this week!

I don't think Jon is a conquering type. He's more concerned with the WW threat than he is about the rest of the seven kingdoms. One of the reasons he marched on Winterfell, apart from keeping Sansa and the Free Folk safe and getting Rickon back, was to unite the North in time for the NK's invasion.

I can't really see the Starks going against Dany, not when she has three WW melters at her beck and call. They'll probably back her claim in exchange for being allowed to use one or more of her mobile flamethrowers.

I definitely see your point. Jon isn't the conquering type but I think Sansa might come to suggest it at some point. I would definitely love to see them working together to defeat the WW army, without a doubt. They'll show up eventually. On another note, I do wonder where Bran is these days. I don't like it when GoT disappears random characters for a while, but I understand they do it for the story to have a better flow if nothing interesting is happening to that character at the time.

It's not really like Jon and Co and do much conquering anyway, they have no men left.

Most of the people loyal to Robb died either at war or at the Red Wedding. they've eliminated the Bolton forces to a man and taken out a chunk of the Umber and Karstark forces. Other houses might not have much left in thr way of man power either. They can't rely on Tully or Ayrn support either, especially as the latter just went to support Sansa in her escape from Ramsey.

At this point they'll be sticking swords in the hands of farmboys and suchlike to try and make up their numbers. It'll be bad enough to set them against the WW, but the rest of the 7 Kingdoms and three dragons to boot? I doubt it.

So is Daenerys actually going to have to conquer anything at this rate? Seems like everyone is rallying around her without her actually having to do anything.

She's just going to have to burn Cersei and that's it really (and all the white walkers in the end).

(Spoilers following)

But seriously now, she has the Dothraki, Second Sons, Unsullied, Half of the Greyjoys, the Martells, the Tyrells, and probably a bunch of lower houses they don't want to be bothered to show us.

Once Bran tells Jon about what he saw in that vision (sidenote, thanks HBO for confirming but not actually confirming R + L = J) then probably the Starks will join up with Daenerys (or at least use her for the dragon power)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

What am I going to do with my life until 2017? This season finale killed it oh my gosh <3 And Jon is Azor Ahai. R+ L= J. Arya. So much happening in such little time. I'm so excited. And happy. 10/10 for season 6.

King in the North!

But yeah, I think Cersei is in some deep trouble here. The Lannisters have lost pretty much all support from the other major houses and I'm pretty sure Jaime is going to upset with her.

I think Jamie will kill Cersei without a doubt, she's become the mad queen after all. I'm sad the Tyrell siblings are gone though, I liked them a lot. Margaery was super cool and one of the better characters when it came to playing the game whilst not being completely evil.

I finally got to see the last episode!

Damn! It was good!