toxicneon

Game of Thrones

You said you've been spoiling things for yourself, so just a warning: spoilerific answers/theories ahead:

~ Sansa and Theon escape Winterful alive and meet up with Brienne and Pod. Brienne takes the two of them back to her home (Is the Sapphire Isle an actual island?) for safety.

I'm actually curios about this. The place where Theon and not-Sansa end up isn't in the show anymore so Brienne finding them is likely. And yep, Sapphire Isle = actual siland

~ Dany somehow gets the Horse Rider peeps to take her back to Meereen. There Varys gets into her good graces by helping her find and arrest/execute the Harpies. Near the end she gets a proper grip on how to train control her dragons and lets the other two out of their basement.

Speaking of the other two dragons, shouldn't they be out and free already? Though with no Quentin Martell to be burned in the process someone else needs to go get them

~ Margaery and Loras get released. If Cersei gets a Walk of Shame for sleeping with her own cousin out of wedlock, then lying and buggery can't be considered much worse crimes. Yeah they'll probably get landed with something as bad as if slightly worse than a Walk, but they'll survive. The crowd probably won't treat them as badly as they did Cersei either.

Actually, the Walk wasn't her whole punishment. There will be a trial too, so Cleganebowl? Maybe? Hopefully?.

I'm curious about Margaery and Loras though. In the books she's imprisoned for completely different reasons (similar to Cersei's actually) and Loras is being held up in a different part of Westeros. So yeah, either of them needing too severe a punishment in the show seems off to me.

~ Rickon remains invisible

A part of me kind of hopes he will return later as the bad Stark. (though highly likely we'd get that much of a timeskip)

Edited by Isuzu

I can actually see Rickon becoming evil. After all the crap he's been through I'd be surprised if he didn't go a little nuts. I mean losing your family and home at such a young age and then having to go on the run can't be good for your mental health.

I just hope he doesn't turn into another Ramsay.

I've come to expect that anyone in this series can die, no matter how awesome they are or how well liked.

By expecting that any or all of my favourites will get offed sooner or later (Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Sansa), I'm safeguarding myself against the rage and sorrow I'd feel if they get killed. If they live, then I'll be really happy instead ^-^

Fair enough. That's probably the best way to go about reading/watching this series anyways, lol.

@Isuzu -

I agree, it would be interesting finding out that Rickon's a bad apple, regardless how far fetched that might be -- since Rickon was only four years old when he was flipping out in the books (seven in the show), but it's really quite common for toddlers to have tantrums anyways, and he's still so young, that I kinda doubt it. But he's the only one with a black direwolf, I think, and green eyes, who seemed to want to attack everyone, so maybe we can't ignore that (after all, a scared boy would mirror a scared wolf, but his wolf seems bordering on rageful, anything but scared). We have no idea where he could have gone, except somewhere south.I was sort of hoping that either 1) Brienne had managed to find Rickon at the end of book 5, since she failed with the girls, and that was what she wanted to show Jaime; not just Lady Stoneheart. Or 2) Rickon, Shaggydog, and Osha found Jojen and Meera's father, Howland Reed. If that's true then they're in good hands. Either way, Davos is on their trail, and I hope that will wind their paths together, because I kinda really, REALLY, like Davos! laugh.gif

We have no idea where he could have gone, except somewhere south.I was sort of hoping that either 1) Brienne had managed to find Rickon at the end of book 5, since she failed with the girls, and that was what she wanted to show Jaime; not just Lady Stoneheart. Or 2) Rickon, Shaggydog, and Osha found Jojen and Meera's father, Howland Reed. If that's true then they're in good hands. Either way, Davos is on their trail, and I hope that will wind their paths together, because I kinda really, REALLY, like Davos! laugh.gif

Well, the fifth book pretty much implies that he somehow ended up on Skagos. Or at least that's what they tell Davos. And Jon's dream (I'm pretty sure it was Jon and not Bran) sees Shaggydog eating a unicorn so that's another hint that Wex wasn't lying, since that seems to be then only place to have unicorns as far as we know

And yeah agree with you, Davos is great.

Actually I'm really glad Stannis sent Davos to the wall. If he had been there when Shireen was burned alive it would have killed him, and chances are he would have died in battle anyway.

With Stannis dead, that's the end of the Baratheon family isn't it?

Well, Gendry's still rowing out there somewhere

But yeah, unless someone legitimizes one of Robert's censorkip.gif***s (there's still a couple of them around after all), which I find unlikely, that's it for the Baratheon family.

Well, the fifth book pretty much implies that he somehow ended up on Skagos. Or at least that's what they tell Davos. And Jon's dream (I'm pretty sure it was Jon and not Bran) sees Shaggydog eating a unicorn so that's another hint that Wex wasn't lying, since that seems to be then only place to have unicorns as far as we know

And yeah agree with you, Davos is great.

Oh that's right, I remember now. Skaggos is also where there are more giants, I believe. Though I still have trouble understanding how they ended up there, lol. And I don't even remember Bran or Jon having a dream of Shaggydog eating a unicorn. I wonder if that would give him indigestion. laugh.gif

Also, I really hope Gendry's story isn't over yet. Maybe, in the show, Gendry ends up in Braavos and runs into Arya again? That's be cool! Or, in the book, Gendry decides to tag along with Lady Stoneheart and Brienne. I really liked him as a character. And I kinda got the feeling that he was much more than he seemed, and not just because he's Robert's natural-born, either. He was a pretty cool character, brotherly to Arya.

Wasn't Gendry supposed to be rowing back to King's Landing? If he rowed to Braavos instead he got super lost xd.png

If if he isn't made legal, I still like him. I hope he comes back.

Edited by Fortune86

Wasn't Gendry supposed to be rowing back to King's Landing? If he rowed to Braavos instead he got super lost xd.png

If if he isn't made legal, I still like him. I hope he comes back.

HAHAHA! That cracked me up, and I'm at a coffee shop, too. xd.png

I guess you're right... King's Landing would be a much closer destination from Dragonstone than Braavos, all the way across the Narrow Sea. I hope he comes back too. Maybe he could somehow make amends for his dad? Sons should not have to bear the sins of their father, anyway, but I thought it would be a nice embellishment, that not all Baratheon's are total jerks.

Until recently I didn't watch the series, but I managed to watch the entire five seasons shortly before my exams started. I only wanted to watch it because of Daenerys and her dragons (obviously the best way to keep me entertained), and voilà! I got addicted.

My favourite protagonist is obviously Daenerys, while my sister likes Tyrion best. God, that character is awesome! biggrin.gif

Silver Fox, if you loved the tv series, you should read the books. They are even better. cool.gif

Silver Fox, if you loved the tv series, you should read the books. They are even better. cool.gif

As soon as I'm done with my exams I'm taking the books. Too much books in my life these days to throw in more, I'm afraid. wacko.gif

Yeah, mum made us start watching. xd.png I like Tyrion a lot, he's cool. As for women I liked Margaery, but she's in jail. sad.gif I feel really sorry for Sansa though.

I just started watching Game of Thrones last month and I've already watched all 5 seasons (guilty of binge-watching xd.png )

I've started reading the books now while I'm waiting for season six.

I'd have to say Arya, Jon, Tyrion, and Jorah are my faves smile.gif

Started watching GoT after seeing a facebook comment xd.png

My favourite character is Daenerys. Yeah.

After watching all 5 seasons, I have to eait until April 2016 for season 6 ;-;

For now, I'm rewatching game of thrones for the 5th time and working on the R + L = J theory.

Saw the first book of "a song of ice and fire" at my local k-mart.... so tempted was I to buy it.... but no I didn't........ is the red wedding in book 1?.

also... I love the tv show.... im trying to get my Mormon uncle to watch it bwahahaha..... I also got my mum to watch the first episode of it.... she says she hates..... but she watched all of season 1 xd.png, she also said the reason she doesn't wanna watch it any more is because (spoilers...... maybe idk....) Khal Drogo died.......

well, maybe after new years I might re-watch season 1 to 5.

also... dat purple wedding, so awesome. I kinda feel bad for sansa...... but.... idk, I think she got karma..... but at the same time I want ramsey to get much more bad stuff happen to him........ also GO ARYA!!! you kill dat pedo person ...... I cant remember his name..... just seeing him say "too old" to the brothel madam when the girls in front of him where like what 15........... Christ..... well he got what he deserved.........

Saw the first book of "a song of ice and fire" at my local k-mart.... so tempted was I to buy it.... but no I didn't........ is the red wedding in book 1?.

also... I love the tv show.... im trying to get my Mormon uncle to watch it bwahahaha..... I also got my mum to watch the first episode of it.... she says she hates..... but she watched all of season 1 xd.png, she also said the reason she doesn't wanna watch it any more is because (spoilers...... maybe idk....) Khal Drogo died.......

well, maybe after new years I might re-watch season 1 to 5.

also... dat purple wedding, so awesome. I kinda feel bad for sansa...... but.... idk, I think she got karma..... but at the same time I want ramsey to get much more bad stuff happen to him........ also GO ARYA!!! you kill dat pedo person ...... I cant remember his name..... just seeing him say "too old" to the brothel madam when the girls in front of him where like what 15........... Christ..... well he got what he deserved.........

Khal Drogo.... sad.gif

Pity that Dany had to mercy-kill him

Yes, I put spoilers in white for those who haven't even watched GoT season 1 tongue.gif

Edited by ForNarniaMC

Soooooooooooooooooooooo.....is everyone psyched for the next season?

I really hope Dany doesn't spend too much time wandering around in the wilderness (again). She needs to get back to the city and kick some major Harpy butt.

If Jon is dead (like dead dead), will Davos be the new 'hero' of the Wall?

Rickon: World Hide and Go Seek Champion.

so close to the next seasons release........... cant wait. hurry iTunes, I wants to pre-orderers.

Yusss, new season!!! biggrin.gif

... 1 episode later...

Ugh, now I have to wait a whole week for the next part. tongue.gif

Yay it's back! wub.gif

What was with the Dothraki comedy in this episode, lol?

Why did they have to kill off the good part of the Dornish storyline, though? T.T

Edited by Isuzu

I always liked the Dothraki.

What happened to those that followed Dany? After she got the Unsullied, they seemed to vanish.

Edit: Huzzah! He wasn't dead dead! Just dead!

Edited by Fortune86

I really loved the book series and wanted to start watching the show, but I can't seem to find anywhere to do that from the first episode :/