Sombreon

Pokémon Black and White

depends on the pokemon and its role. although ingame, you dont want a nature that lowers its sp/attk or speed if its a hard hitting pokemon. like a brave nature would be horrible for a duosis or whatever for example.

link

the hour a day thing is until japanese traffic slows down, for them atleast. more then likly our servers will/are being upgraded to handle more people

I hope so, I'd be more likely to use the Dream World if I can go on for more than an hour a day. :x Though I do like the idea of being able to trade items, I've been wanting a way to do that for a very long time <<

Blarg Wal-Mart get the new games in stock alreadyyyy D:

I got the white one laugh.gif Preparing for Nimbasa gyms electric team just now, I trained up a Krokorok with ground moves, which was mostly a waste of time because ......... Emolga flies .............................................. rolleyes.gif

On route 8, heading towards Opelucid City. :D Oh boy oh boy. Hopefully I'll have Reshiram by midnight (it's 3:50 now). At least, if I don't have to reset for a better nature. If I get any that lowers special attack or raises speed, I'm gonna flip. @__@

In other news, Zach (bf) caught the ice cream yesterday. He loves her to death. :V Such a strange individual.

yeah, that gym was a pain in the ass because my 2 usable pokemon (meh reuculous was weak at the time) didnt have moves that covered it, and my only relaible counter (mole thing) didnt learn rock slide yet. once i got to the gym leader it learnt it and i one hit her pokes. was so nice

i personally think timid would be the best nature for reshy + jolly for zeky

Timid? Jolly? Those raise speed and lower attack and special attack, which are Reshi's and Zekky's two strongest stats..

I would say Quiet for Reshi (+Sp. Atk, -Speed) and Brave (+Attack, -Speed) for Zekrom. Speed is not an important stat when it comes to battles, in my opinion. For glass cannons, sure, they need the speed so they can hit the opponent first and hard, but otherwise.. I dunno.

Timid? Jolly? Those raise speed and lower attack and special attack, which are Reshi's and Zekky's two strongest stats..

reshi uses sp attk, so timid which is -attk +speed works for it, zekkys the opposite so its counter part, jolly, works wonders for it. although tbh, theyd benifit more from modest/adamant respectivly

Sorry, I just do not think raising the speed is worth it at all. Especially when you'll be lowering the attack and special attack stats.. both Zekrom and Reshiram use both physical and special moves. Why would you want to lower a useful stat to a Pokemon when it will be raising the more useless one? :/

I mean, if you want those natures, go ahead and take them. I'm just saying they are not the best for those Pokemon. That's all. A nature is most beneficial if it heightens the highest stat and lowers the lowest. *shrug* But meh. Whatever.

Sorry, I just do not think raising the speed is worth it at all. Especially when you'll be lowering the attack and special attack stats.. both Zekrom and Reshiram use both physical and special moves. Why would you want to lower a useful stat to a Pokemon when it will be raising the more useless one? :/

well if you arnt using both types, which is extremly common in these types of pokemon, especially uber battles, having a stat that reduces a redudant stat is encouraged. wink.gif

although i dont do uber battles so im fairly happy with quirky, although i got a pretty bad nature thunderous dry.gif +def - sp attk, blegh

caught a female timid volcarona for my random infared battle team, also nabbed the earthquake tm. must continue my tm hunt....

Really, I've never understood lowering speed in mons that usually only specialize in one attack stat... I'd say Reshy should have Modest (+Sp. Att. - Attack) and Zekrom should have Adamant (+ Attack - Sp. Att.).

I don't think you should sacrifice your best stat to raise the lowest stat, nor do I think you should sacrifice Defense, Sp. Def., or Speed for a mon that is likely only to be a direct or indirect fighter...

I mean, if you're running a mon that's split between physical and special, then the other natures would come into place for what you would be willing to sacrifice and boost... but otherwise... I think that whatever stat you decide to boost should be complimented with a sacrifice of a stat you won't use (Attack for Special Sweepers, Sp. Att. for Physical Sweepers).

Waiting to get home... slept horribly... and back is killing me... :/

-K-

Just went over the.. what's it called? Tubeline Bridge?

Man, Ghetsis is a creeper.

finally find a lv 39 male Deino and unfezant KILLS IT.

i hate you you stupid bird...

*Jawdrop*

SkyArrow bridge is amazing.

I'm still in Castelia, I'm getting ready to catch Victini.

YES no critical hit this time...

caught it/him :D

EDIT: vicitini is lv 15 btw

Edited by Whitefire

finally find a lv 39 male Deino and unfezant KILLS IT.

i hate you you stupid bird...

... I just got an image of an Unfezant cutting off a Deino's head with "FLAWLESS VICTORY" above the scene... Someone should draw this... maybe... xd.png

[/strange]

Also, I don't really get the "Eww, N on the Ferris Wheel is creepy!" thing that's been going around... I mean... is it just the idea that he took you on the Ferris Wheel with him, or did he say something? Because from my game he was just all "I AM THE KING OF TEAM PLASMA, AND POKEMON ARE MY FRIENDS! 8D"

So I don't see the creepy...

I did love his squabble with Professor Juniper though... she's just all "... Lolwut?" at him...

Also, I'm not sure I like how they censored the Celestial Tower scene... I mean, it was supposed to be somewhat made of nightmare fuel (for some people)... but...

It was originally that Skyla went to tower and the Pokemon died/she went to remember a Pokemon that died previously (The translation was kind of... ambiguous...), making her distraught over it... and you ring the bell to ease her pain, allow the pokemon to rest, and get her to go back to fight you in the gym. At least, this is what I read in a translation of the original Japanese game, so I can't speak for legitimacy since I didn't translate it myself... :/

However... it just seems strange to ring the bell for the dead to "see what sound your heart makes". :/

-K-

... I just got an image of an Unfezant cutting off a Deino's head with "FLAWLESS VICTORY" above the scene... Someone should draw this... /

si -.-''

lv 40 8D

So about... I'm debating on wether or not to trade in my Wii and my broken DS in for a new DS and black version... What would you guys do?

Can I get some suggestions?

When I finally do get the game I plan to get Wotter (I refuse to use the real name) as my starter. A Winter or Autumn Sawsbuck. Galvantula. Gigigear (I refuse to use the english name). Chandelure. Lastly Reshiram.

^My planned main team.

As backup

Mandibuzz

Bisharp

Golurk

Eelektross

Escavalier

Cinccino

I'll probably add to my backups when I get the game.

@crazywargod

Well... you can get lots of store credit for the Wii. If you rarely use it and not expecting any good titles coming out lately, then by all means trade it away.

If you already have a functioning DS besides your broken one, then yes trade that one also. But if that's your only one, then I wouldn't want to trade it in as Pokemon games are much reliable when having 2 DS systems. Either way it your choice. If it makes you fell any better, then go ahead with the plan.

Just an update on my whereabouts.

Got my 4th party member resurrected as soon as I got the fossil at Relic Castle.

(f) Snivy - Lv. 27

(m) Pidove - Lv. 27

(m) Zorua - Lv. 27

(m) Tirtouga - Lv. 28

I've reached Nimbas City and will do some exploration around the city.

Won't be capturing new mons anytime soon as my next target won't be encountered until Dragonspiral Tower which is a long way from where I am.

Expecting evolution soon, though. laugh.gif

beat the 3rd gym

my team that i think will remain my team has been

dewott (might get surf)

watchdog (has cut, maybe strength?)

pansear

tranquil (will be my flying)

roggenrola

sawk

still trying to figure out who i want to put which hms on

Herpaderp, I've decided to use Victini for grinding for a bit... Until all my Pogeys are level 30 or so. Then maybe I'll catch it. xd.png I feel like a bad person.

How does everyone that's played it rate the games? I'm planning on getting Black for the new pokemon and for my legendary collection, and I wanted to see everyone's personal opinion on the game.

How does everyone that's played it rate the games? I'm planning on getting Black for the new pokemon and for my legendary collection, and I wanted to see everyone's personal opinion on the game.

So far, I'd give it a 9/10. It has beautiful towns and bridges, amazing new Pokemon, and trainers that can be fairly hard to beat at times.

Bianca and Cheren are starting to grow on me.