Sombreon

Pokémon Black and White

Any Pokemon has a counter to it. You just have to be prepared for the worst, is all. :V

The highest stat total doesn't matter.

If you stuck a Choice Scarf/Band on a Haxorus, those can wreck.

My friend is the leader of a pokemon group, and I've seen him destroy countless amounts of teams with the pokemon I named. He likes to experiment with evs to make a good competitive team.

I mean Conkeldurr... that thing has 140 attack power, and it gets Guts...

Why in the world does it need guts with that kind of power?

I've been playing pokemon since the 90's.

I've been ev trying and IV breeding since the Gen they popped in, and these pokemon? Totally unfair.

And that's why there's an Overused category in the Meta game...

Which has been present since Gen 1...

Gen 1 was broken because of Dragons, and to a larger extent, Psychics (whose weakness to Ghost types was basically implied since the programming wasn't done right), with the only threats to Dragons being Ice type moves (and Dragons... but getting a Dragonite/Dragonair/Dratini was fairly difficult) when Ice mons were very... not good... And Psychics only had to fear bug mons... and when have Bug Pokemon ever been much of a threat in the Metagame? (Shedinja used to be thought of as a threat until people realized how weak it was... especially to weather).

The meta game has been unbalanced in the entire run of the series. If a few mons unbalance it, they will be put into the OU class and suggested away from by competitors until the scales are tipped back in their favor...

Plus, keep in mind, some of these mons are more of a "boss challenge" for ingame use to make the games more difficult to people who don't play the metagame... and you can't make a "boss Pokemon" and not make it catchable/obtainable (imagine if you fought Zekrom and couldn't catch it... heads would roll), so as a consequence, there are mons invented to be challenging ingame, but prove to be crazy broken when put in the hands of players...

-K-

OK done for the day again. Still training for my battle with Clay at the Driftveil Gym.

My team:

Suzaku: Zebstrika Lvl. 34

Lelouch: Servine Lvl. 34

Chiba: Darumaka Lvl. 34 (Not Zen Mode like I had wanted, but she's still strong.)

Gino: Simipour Lvl. 34

C.C.: Sigilyph Lvl. 34

Viletta Krokorok Lvl. 34

I probably wont get far tomorrow due to work, but I should still hopefully get to battle against Clay.

Uh, if she's supposed to be there, then you probably missed something. unsure.gif Maybe go back to the last town and talk to everyone?

I just arrived in the big city with that awesome bridge, so I'm too far behind to really help.

Hey, anybody know the secret password for this special machine that some guys invented? He won't let me use it unless I give him the right one.

(He's in the same building that the Name Raters in.)

The first code is:

Everyone Happy

And the second is:

Simple Connection

For the second one, I had to use the type-it-yourself option, since I couldn't find the words in the preset areas.

Current team:

Sawk ♂, Level 28

Emolga ♀, Level 29

Servine ♂, Level 29

Dewott ♂, Level 32

Pignite ♂, Level 30

Leipard ♂, Level 28

I also have a Herdier at like 28 or 29 in storage. Currently inside Chargestone Cave, so I can't recall Herdier's gender or level.

Did anyone else had trouble with gym leader Elesa in Nimbasa City? Because I lost to her.... twice! >.<

Her excessive usage of Volt Switch is very abusive, seriously. That attack is like U-turn on steroids. Gawd.

My Tirtouga had to pull off most of the teams weight. Thought Snivy had an advantage here but was still annihilated with Aerial Ace and Flame Charge. Pidove was just out of the question and Zorua was just neutral. Manage to defeat her the third time by uping my team some more.

Where I stand. Currently have set foot on Driftveil City.

(f) Snivy - Lv. 32

(m) Pidove - Lv. 30

(m) Zorua - Lv. 30

(m) Tirtouga - Lv. 35

My whole team in their 30s and due for an evolution.

Okay, I transferred the special Mons using the Relocator, but I took the berries off, cause I saw hold items would be transferred too.

The thing is...blink.gif I think Black just ate my Masterballs; I can't find them anywhere!

Edit: Just checked HG...Apparently, the balls never left. dry.gif

Darn you, Gamefreak. I have nine of them; all legit and forever gathering dust since you can't transfer items over. *sigh*

Edited by Gamekatt101

Ow man. I had the same problem too, Katt. Only it was a Dusk Ball that I wanted to test out on something. I don't think any items transferred via Relocator will be accepted.

Something I wish to know as well.

I didn't really have any trouble against Elesa. My Darumaka was more than capable of taking her second Emolga out with one Fire Punch after she used Volt Switch with the first one. Then she (my Darumaka) did a lot of damage to her Zebstrika, and I used the free turn where she used a Hyper Potion to send out my Krokorok who quickly took care of both her Zebstrika and her first Emolga.

@Gamekatt101: You can't transfer hold items with the relocator, or with the PokeTransfer for that matter. Your Master Balls are still on your 4th Gen games.

Edit: Oops. Forgot that the Pokeshifter is now called the PokeTransfer.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

Yeah, it just stings, 'cause I have lots of good stuff (50 legit Rare candies for one thing) and having to leave them behind doesn't seem right. sad.gif

Did see a poster on Gamefaqs freaking out over how a lady just handed him a Lucky Egg, but he didn't say where or what city.

Maybe that and the chance to get two Masterballs is Gamefreak's weird way of appeasing the masses.

Yeah, it just stings, 'cause I have lots of good stuff (50 legit Rare candies for one thing) and having to leave them behind doesn't seem right. sad.gif

Did see a poster on Gamefaqs freaking out over how a lady just handed him a Lucky Egg, but he didn't say where or what city.

Maybe that and the chance to get two Masterballs is Gamefreak's weird way of appeasing the masses.

Lucky Egg is given to you once you get inside Chargestone Cave. And yes. It is just handed to you.

And also? My Herdier was male and Level 28. {I went back to the city to heal up and checked then. Tried to play with the in-game seasons as well, but it stayed Autumn, even when I set the DS time to July.}

EDIT - After I tried it as April and May. Since supposedly every month advances the seasons. Once April and May stayed as Autumn, I figured I'd see if it was set to change by quarters instead of monthly. Nope. Probably can't be gotten around.

And I like this Dowsing MCHN. Stays active and you don't need to keep refreshing it to find new items.

Edited by RicFule

Anyone know where to go after the Team Plasma member runs from the dock? Kind of stuck there. dry.gif

Anyway my team for now is,

Lv 19 Bliztle (Probe)

Lv 17 Audino (Medic)

Lv 17 Herdier (Colo)

Lv 18 Thorh (Thor)

Lv 20 Woobat (Mutalisk)

Lv 23 Servine (Smugleaf)

/crazystarcraft2addictfan

Then again, time to change Smugleaf's name. )=

I love Black and White (playing White version now) so far. Only thing I miss is that you can't have your Pokemon trailing you anymore sad.gif I liked to talk to them as they walked with me, I though that innovation was very clever in HeartGold SoulSilver. Still, I like the integration of seasons and the new Pokemon are pretty sweet smile.gif I LOVE the crocodile one. I chose Oshawott as my starter, and so far he's up to level 31. I beat the fifth gym just yesterday, was a victory by a thin margin 0_0 gym leaders have gotten tougher.

The game was just released here in Aus today ( biggrin.gif ), and my older brother pre-ordered it for my 18th birthday, so I got it today!!!!!

But Im hesitant to go very far it, because I have the 3DS preordered and fully paid for, and I REALY want to go through the whole game on it. So on the 31st (when the 3DS comes out here), im gonna restart the game. Thus, I dont know wether to go ahead and make progress I will later just delete so that I can play it on the 3D screen... or either put it down compleetly till the 31st or only play at little bit.

Advice plz???

3 possible Serperior movesets:

Leaf Blade, Coil, Leech Seed, Giga Drain

Leech Seed, Substitute, Giga Drain, Toxic

Reflect, Light Screen, Glare, Leaf Blade

What do? ._. I love Serperior, I think it's kick-ass and I need a final set up. The first one is pretty basic, Leech Seed -> Coil -> Leaf Blade, Giga Drain if health gets low. The second is your standard stalling moveset. With the Giga Drain buff, stalling with Subseed is easier than other. The third moveset is basically setting up for my sweeper (haven't decided what that'll be yet). I'm also debating replacing Giga Drain on the first set with Glare, since that lets it be rather independent, trying too hard to be a jack of all trades.

Alright, I've made it to Mistralton City, but unfortunately, because of work, that's all I can do today. My team:

Suzaku: Zebstrika Lvl. 37

Lelouch: Serperior Lvl. 37

Chiba: Darmanitan Lvl. 37

Gino: Simipour Lvl. 36

C.C.: Sigilyph Lvl. 36

Viletta: Krokorok Lvl. 36

Got home earlier today and my boyfriend surprised me with White. Haven't started playing yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. laugh.gif

Edited by roughlandingholly

I started playing and the graphics were so advanced! pokemon were moving as you battled, pokemon now react when you attack(they move) and thats just the start!!

Just wait 'till you see the big bridge. laugh.gif The use of different camera angles is really interesting too.

Right now, I'm soft resetting to get a good nature for my Zorua. happy.gif Probably something that boosts Attack. I've got a Premier Ball for it too.

I like that they try to incorporate many camera angles, but after walking around in Castelia for a while it gets a bit irritating.

I like that they try to incorporate many camera angles, but after walking around in Castelia for a while it gets a bit irritating.

All of the conflicting camera angles got on my nerves/made me dizzy at first, but they're pretty awesome when you get used to it.

I was on my way to celestial tower, and decided to go into the grass to fight the trainers there and pick up some items. On EVERY SINGLE step I took, a wild pokemon attacked me. I fought all of them then went back to mistralton city to heal my serperior. It caught pokerus laugh.gif

I only just got the 4th badge. Everyone is so much faster than me. T_T But at least my team is almost complete. I just need the Zen Mode Darmanitan, which I should get once I get back from work.

My team:

Suzaku: Zebstrika Lvl. 31

Lelouch: Servine Lvl. 30

Darumaka Lvl. 31

Gino: Panpour Lvl. 30

C.C.: Sigilyph Lvl. 30

Viletta: Krokorok Lvl. 31

Yes, I am a Code Geass fan. Go ahead and tease me if you want. mad.gif *is more defensive than angry*

Code geass nicknames.. that's awesome. ;D

I love C.C <3

I love this game!

So when I picked up my copy of white, I also got the Celebi give-away gift. I'm planing on getting Zorua, but does anyone know if when we transfer celebi to Black and White, are we able to send it back to the other game?

Nope, everything sent by the Relocator is on a one way trip to the shiny new games. happy.gif And, yes, Black and White are so very awesome.