Krissi2197

House of Night: Semi Lit

"I'm not late....I'm just arriving at a different time to everyone else" Cloud muttered under his breath as he legged it down to the Barn where he was meant to be in class, he was a rather experienced rider and doubted he had missed much in the amount of time he was late. He had gotten distracted when he had met a wandering Spirit, totally lost and thought it was in China....yes, it was a very interesting conversation with a deranged Ninja that had a sword sticking out of its chest.

"One of these days....I'm just going to go mad!" He exclaimed skidding to a halt outside the barn door tossing back the hair that had flopped down over his eyes in his burst of running, his silver eyes peered around the doorway before slipping in causally as if he had been there the whole time.

When the bell rang, Blaise had stood up from her chair, careful to... move... Algebra first. Not that the orange cat needed to be moved; he jumped down on the floor as soon as the bell rang, apparently intent on getting her to class as quick as possible. Grabbing her bag, she followed after the cat out the door and down the hallway, smiling at Koko and Akira as she said her hurried goodbyes.

The whole process went very quickly, as she hadn't used any of her possessions, and so only needed to pick up her bag, and both Koko and Akira was on their way to their own classes. So, she was left to wander the halls, alone apart from Algebra the cat. "Thanks for showing me the way. And you have a cool name, though I'm not sure whether or not you care what I think." Well, she figured, just because she didn't understand the cat, it didn't mean that the cat didn't understand her. Akira had made her think that much.

~~~~~

Jacy glanced at the girl again when she threw a reply towards him, but didn't have time to look at it before the bell rang. Stupid bell, ringing just as he was starting to enjoy the class, too! His attention was dragged from his own thoughts to a voice, and as he looked up again he saw the girl he'd passed the note to. "Equestrian..." Cocking his head for a moment he attempted to look like he thought hard about it, before he smiled back at her. "Horses it is. Unfortunately, I have fencing now, but you're probably right with the Vamp Soc, if you have that 4. period."

He smiled at her as she walked away, glad that he at least met one interesting person at this new House of Night, before he followed out the door. Now to the next challenge: Find the fencing classroom! So... Left or right? Well, since he'd turned right last time he made a turn... Left it was! Starting to walk he wasn't in a particular hurry; he had no idea where he was walking anyway.

Blinking, he suddenly became aware of something he had in his hand, and before he could think about what it was, he'd already opened the crumbled paper. Because it was a piece of paper; the crumbled piece of paper the girl in Spanish had sent him, to be precise. Come to think of it, he had to ask her name the next time he saw her. Shaking his head at himself, he read the short note, before smiling and stuffing it in his pocket.

He was about to take a turn right, when he suddenly heard a voice from the other way. Curious as to what it was he turned that way, almost upping his walk to a jog in an attempt to catch up with whoever was speaking. "...or not you care what I think." Hadn't he heard that voice before? Turning a bend, the figure speaking suddenly came within his view, and his eyes zoned in on her hair. Yup, that was definitely... "Blaisie!"

The girl spun around so fast she almost lost her balance, before she glared at him. "What do you want?" A huge grin appeared on his face, and he reached up to ruffle her hair. "Nice to see you too. What's your next class?" She pushed his hand away, before she decided to ignore him and go. Or at least it seemed that way, because she turned away from him and continued to walk. Pouting he stood there for a moment, before an idea popped up in his mind. He'd asked a question, and he wouldn't leave till he got the answer.

Sneaking up behind the girl, he suddenly grabbed her bag, ignoring her shout of outrage, and began to ruffle through it. "Here it is!" Dragging a piece of paper out if the bag, he gave the bag back to the shorter girl, careful not to let her sharp claws touch him. He continued to dance around her for a few more moments, avoiding all her attempts on getting her schedule back, before a huge smirk took over his face.

"Fencing! Seems like we're classmates, Blaisie!" His exclamation made the girl stop dead in her attempts, before she groaned. "Tell me you're kidding!" The smirk on his face got bigger. "Nope, but fear not. It'll be fun!" The girl merely growled, before she snatched her schedule back and stomped away, after some sort of orange cat, who, when he thought about it, had been sitting there, watching them, for a while. Shrugging, he followed after her, figuring her chances of getting to the right place probably was better than his own, considering his "right, left, right, left" policy.

((Yeah... *cough* I think I passed the minimum sentence limit? x3))

Edited by Saikachan

(Long post scary... O.o, only read first part then first paragraph of second...)

Algebra huffed and kept walking till he got to the girls class. He meowed to shot that this was it and flicked his tail towards the door. He the ran off. Soon he turned the corner to see Akito calling him. "Meow!" Algebra said and Akito gave a small smile and said "There you are Algebra, where were you? Nevermind, come now we still gotta prepare for the brats still." Algebra meowed again and started padding after Akito.

((That was a sexy post. xd.png

And alright, closing all apps for Fledglings for now.))

Lexi listened carefully as Lenobia answered her question. Nodding slowly, she looked around. So we get to pick our own horse to work with, huh? She thought to herself. She saw this black horse that looked a bit promising, but it was too far away from the group, and she didn't want to get in trouble for wandering. I've always wanted a horse, though I never lived in an area where you could have one. This'll be fun. She smiled and walked over to Akira. "I take it you're choosing this one?" She asked.

((And anybody can control any House of Night character, so I won't make a character sheet for them. ^^))

Akira nodded and turned a bit pink and said "yes..." she shuffled her feet a little again and Starlight whinnied saying "You really are an odd one animal whhisperer." Akira flushed a brighter red now and looked down.

(She will get less shy with Lexi as the class progresses and by the end of it she will be way less shy.)

Lexi looked over at Starlight and pet the horse's velvet muzzle, smiling a bit. She looked back over towards the black horse. It was whinnying softly, and looking straight at Lexi. Lexi tilted her head and, looking around, saw that some of the students were walking around looking at horses. She guessed it was time to pick the horse she would work with for as long as she's here. She took a few cautious steps to the stable where the black horse was contained. When she reached it, she glanced at the tag on the stall and it said,

"Black Thoroughbred Mare

7 Years Old

Katherine"

Katherine? Lexi thought. What an odd name for a horse. She looked around and saw some students saddling up their horses. They're most likely the ones who can ride. She thought, looking back to the horse. "Hey, girl..." She cooed, reaching out to touch the mare. It leaned into her hand and whinnied. Lexi smiled and turned towards the teacher, raising her hand. "Excuse me?" She lightly called. "I think this is the horse I'm choosing."

Sky wandered over to a stall that held a light gray Arabian mare in it. The horse greeted her with a small whinny which made Sky smile. She then looked at her name plate and saw that her name was Artemis and that she was 8 years old. Still smiling she looked back up at Artemis and pet her a bit. She then turned with her hand still on Artemis's nose and was about to say that she had chosen a horse but another student beat her to it. She didn't mind and just continued to wait for her turn to report to the teacher.

Lenobia nodded and said "All right, please get to know your horse new students. The rest of you can go out and ride." Soon all the students who weren't new were leading there horses out. Only leaving the new students and either there horses or a few unpicked. Akira smiled at Starlight and said "Starlight, I'm happy to get to know you." Starlight whinnied "And I happy to learn more about you animal whisperer." Akira laughed and started having a small conversation with Starlight.

(It seems everyone is leaving me to rp Lenobia!)

Cloud leaned back onto his own two feet when he heard that he had to go and get a horse for himself, he looked into a few but they were all so plain and didn't jump out at him. He wandered down the line of stalls peering into each one but always keeping walking on until he heard a high pitched neigh.

"Now this is what I'm talking about!" He exclaimed as he looked into the very last stable and saw a stunning black Fresian stallion with its eyes flashing, Cloud looked at the front of the door at the name plate.

Storm

Stallion

"Well Storm, looks like you got yourself a brand new rider!" Cloud stated looking in over the door at him.

[i'll work up a post for Blue later. :3]

Jem strolled over to a stall and glanced inside. A magnificent light bay mare arched her neck and fixed him with a fierce, if but a little wild, gaze. Jem glanced at the little plaque. "Aphrodite," he read, "seven year-old mare of pure mustang." He grinned and lifted a hand lazily. "Alright, Aphrodite. Looks like you've got me for this class." He gave her a quick pat on the nose, then spun around. "I'm picking Aphrodite," he called. He sidled over to the rack of saddles, scooped up the one marked 'Aphrodite', slipped the bridle over his arm, and hooked a finger through the grooming box. He paused, raising his eyebrows at his fellow students. "You guys are planning to ride, right?" he asked, leaning against the stall door.

[Edit: Changed colour and name. ^^']

Edited by Hollyleaf

Lenobia grabbed the boys arm and said "put the saddle back, you must get to know your horse first. Bond with it." She said her eyes serious. Akira shook her head at the boy a bit and went back to her conversation with Starlight.

-----

Akito and Algebra made it back to there class and started making the final preparation stuff.

Sky glanced over at the boy, sighing a bit before turning back to Artemis. She smiled again at her before continuing to pet her as she started to talk to her a bit. She knew that she couldn't talk back but she could still whinny or something to let her know that she understood. Artemis flicked her ears forward as she listened to her rider's words and snorted a bit to let her know that she understood before nudging her hand a bit with her nose. Sky smiled a bit more when she heard the snort and saw her nudge her hand. She continued to talk quietly to her and felt like they were bonding a bit.

Lexi nodded and smiled at "her" horse. She lightly pet the velvet muzzle of Katherine and the horse whinnied happily in return. She turned over to Akira and wondered if she could understand Katherine as well, but she decided not to be a bother for now. She looked around and saw Lenobia nearly snapping at a student to bond with their horse before riding. Shaking her head, Lexi chuckled. He's kinda cute... She thought, referring to Jem. She looked back at Katherine. "Hey, pretty girl..." She said softly. "I'm your new rider... Not sure how long we'll be pals, but I hope you'll get to know me some more..."

Katherine snorted softly in response and leaned over her stall, trying to nip at Lexi's hair. She laughed softly and peeked into the stall, noticing it was short of hay. "Ah, you're hungry." she said. "I'll help you with that." She glanced around and saw a large pile of hay leaning against the back of the barn. She walked over to it, grabbed a bale, and walked back to the stable. Carefully opening the door, she stepped inside, closing it behind her so Katherine wouldn't get out.

"Here you go, girl," Lexi said, spreading the hay around Katherine's stall, making sure that she covered every square inch of it. She had read somewhere that it was also used for bedding instead of sawdust, so she was sure this was okay.

[To clarify, straw is for bedding and hay is the food, but they're pretty close to each other so it doesn't really matter. :3]

Jem rolled his eyes but put the tack down. He walked back to Aphrodite’s stall and stroked her velvety nose, talking softly to her. The brown eyes gazed at him warily, but no longer watching him like a wild horse would watch a predator. Jem glanced over at the girl next to him. What was her name again? Sky? Yeah, that's right. She and Artemis seemed to get along well. Aphrodite snorted and nudged his hand, blowing on it. Jem chuckled and fondled the mare's soft ears.

Blue hurried down the aisle. "Sorry, Lenobia." She flashed an angelic smile. "I just had to... um... speak to the dormitory maid." She smiled again, looking like a fairy that had wandered into the classroom by accident. Then she hitched her bag higher on her shoulder and strolled over to the stall of a red-gold stallion. "Hey Hunter," she cooed. Hunter butted her hand lightly with his head. Blue grinned, vaulting into his stall like a cat. "I brought you some apple slices." She offered a cube to Hunter. He snuffled at her palm for a moment, then picked it up. Blue patted his neck lightly.

((They eat straw, too. o.O I always thought they were the same thing. I'm no good with this stuff. ><; xd.png))

Lexi glanced around and noticed that most of the students who were new stayed inside of the stalls with their horses. She looked around Katherine's stall and noticed it was fairly clean, just short of some water. She quickly exited the stall, grabbed a bucket, and went over to a faucet in the corner of the barn. She filled it up about halfway with water and walked back into Katherine's stall, dumping the water into the water tray in the corner of the stall.

"Well, your food and water is done." Lexi said to her horse, patting Katherine on the shoulder. She had noticed the stall was fairly clean. She was most likely taken care of before a fledgling chose her... She thought to herself. I wonder if Lenobia will let me walk around with her... Not ride, but walk. Clearing her throat, she looked at Katherine. "I'll be riiiight back." She smiled and stepped out of the stall, over to the Horse Mistress.

"Um, excuse me..." She said quietly, suddenly shy. "Katherine's stall is cleaned and I already did her food and water... Is it okay if I groom her and then take her outside to just walk around a bit? I won't ride her, maybe lead her around in circles outside or around the barn."

(Wahh someone else play Lenobia please! Maybe with more horse knowledge! Cause I never rode a horse and hardly no anything about them!)

((I would but then one, I'd be roleplaying with myself, and two, I know not a thing about horses. Maybe Hollyleaf can for now? She seems to know some things.))

Lynsay listened then as the rest of her classmates went off to find horses, she wandered. She tried to make it seem like she was looking for 'just the right one' but she was avidly avoiding what she figured was potentially inevitable, having to ride a horse. She liked them, from a distance, like a Monet, but she had no real desire to ride one. Her schedule just put her in the class so it was inevitable. Walking along the stalls she'd pause and look, and pet the horses slightly but was really wishing the class would just end. She eventually came upon a small horse's stall and before she could pet it, it nudged it's nose against her hand. She jumped back a bit and looked over at the horse, "You've got to be kidding me, you really don't want me near or on you." she said softly, not trying to get the instructor's attention on her that she had yet to pick one.

Taking the step forward again to be closer to the horse she looked it over. It seemed smaller then the others, though not quite like a new pony. She shook her head, 'That's probably why you want the attention, all the other larger horses are claimed', she thought. Petting it slowly she noticed that every attempt she made to stroke it's head was greeted with a nudge. Looking to the plate she noticed it's name, Misty. "Well, I guess I'll just stay with you then Misty. Though I still think they are crazy for putting me in this class, especially how my schedules tend to work out. You may need a new fledgling in a few months, I'm not sure how long I'll stay here before having to leave again."

Misty seemed to either understand and not care what was said, or simply not understand which seemed more likely, as she simply kept nudging to get the attention. Lynsay shrugged her shoulders and looked around to the other students. They all seemed to be cleaning out the horse's stalls so shaking her head, she started to open the stall and see what was waiting for her inside to need cleaning.

[That's how I was taught, but you never know. happy.gif]

Jem slanted a glance sideways at Lexi, who was asking Lenobia if she could walk Katherine around. He'd always thought Lexi was pretty- not that he'd say it to her face. Lenobia would probably allow Lexi to go out to walk her horse. Jem ran his fingers along Aphrodite's shoulder, wondering if Lenobia would allow him to do the same. He doubted it, after getting ready to ride when Lenobia had told everyone to bond with their horses.

Oh look. Blue's here. Jem noticed his half-sister perched on the stall door across from his. She was feeding... apples? Yes, apples, to her horse. Blue seemed pretty friendly with... Hunter, the plaque read. He patted Aphrodite on the nose again, then strolled across the aisle to Blue. "How's it going?" he asked, leaning against the wall. Blue ignored him. Jem rolled his eyes, poked her, and padded back to Aphrodite's stall.

[uh... sure. I'm not actually too familiar with the House of Night series, but I'll do my best. Next post should contain Lenobia. :3

Edited by Hollyleaf

((Idk how to RP any of their personalities either, but Lenobia can connect with horses like nobody else can. She's good and pretty kind, never too stern. That doesn't help much but it'll do. ^^))

Sky looked over at the boy that was next to her when she noticed him glance at her before looking back at Artemis. She decided to get into the stall with her so she opened the stall door just enough for her to get in before getting in and continuing to pet her along her flanks. She wondered if she could groom her but she didn't want to make the teacher mad for asking that so she stayed where she was. As she continued to pet her, she looked out of Artemis's stall to see that the other students were bonding quite well with their own horses. She stopped petting her after awhile before going back to talking softly to her as she leaned against the stall door.

[Alright, here I go with Lenobia. :3]

Lenobia padded over to Katherine's stall and peered inside. The mare seemed perfectly at ease and blinked big eyes up at her. Lenobia rested a hand lightly on her neck and closed her eyes for a moment. "You may take her outside for a walk. Don't stray to far; we are going to begin riding in a few minutes. I noticed everyone has made good progress." She lifted her hand and slid a halter off a hook. It was labeled 'Katherine'. "Here you go. I'll just put it on for you..." She slipped the soft leather band over Katherine's nose and handed the lead rope to Lexi. "Make sure you always stand on her left side and keep two hands on the rope. One near her nose and one around the end. Be careful not to twist the rope in your hand because if Katherine spooks and runs, you could break your wrist or a few fingers. Be careful." She nodded and smiled encouragingly. "Go on. Just around the barn, I suppose."

Edited by Hollyleaf

((I suggest letting them ride the next day since the class periods aren't long enough to do so many things at once. I'll be ending the period in maybe 6-7 posts... Unless someone objects. xd.png))

Lexi listened carefully to Lenobia's instructions and nodded. I never knew just walking around with a horse could be so complicated. She thought to herself and took the rope from the Horse Mistress. She followed the instructions of holding the rope, moving to Katherine's left side, and smiled. "C'mon, girl." She smiled and lead Katherine outside of the barn, loving the sound of the horseshoes as they clip clopped against the ground.

"Easy boy, chill lax!" Cloud said softly slowly unbolting the stable door and kicking open the kick bolt fastened at the bottom of the door, Storm's eyes were watching his every move. Cloud knew from just one glance and from experience that the way the stallion's ears were perked forward, the flaring nostels and the ever slightly raised up veins that pulsed with excitment were all sure signs that Storm was one hell of a horse.

"Now Storm, not so hard ah!" He whispered making slow movements after pulling across the safety bolt inside the door to prevent the stallion from bolting out the doorway, dropping the eye contact and drawing his right hand across his chest with his fist in a ball he made small indirect movements towards the black beast. In a few short steps he had reached the stunning creature, he turned his head to gently blow on his flaring nostels and it was only then that Storm relaxed after being greeted like one of his own kind and Cloud rubbed inbetween his two Arab like pointed ears through the thick flashy mane

Lynsay heard Lenobia's comment to the girl down the way and sank slightly. This class was going to take forever to finish. She had no rushing desire to be in Vampyre Soc next period, but this class was simply a torture for her. She simply saw no logic in why they put her in this class. She shook her head and kept working on cleaning out the stall. She went over in her mind and with a whispered voice the list of things she needed to get done when classes were done, or simply what she could get away with doing while in Poetry class.

She needed to email numerous people, cancel a few signings, she should probably hire a new publicist but, she had no real desire to leave the one she had. They simply didn't understand why she didn't want to do any signings. Lynsay knew quite well that the mark on her forehead was plenty of a reason to not do them during the lunch hours. She was normally sleeping at those times. Going back and forth as she had the past few months from New England to Tulsa, back to New England again, then arriving back here just a few mere hours ago was draining on her. When she was done cleaning everything, and fresh water and new feed left for her she pretended she was still working on cleaning and wishing that class would just end.