Krissi2197

House of Night: Semi Lit

Akira just nodded and sank further in her seat. She was really really uncomfortable. She didn't like the thought of being in the front where all the other students were. She was still beet red and was looking down having her hair fall in front of her face the best she could. She then proceeded to scuff her feet on the ground more.

(Forum Username:Akiraa

Player Name:Akito Calculus

Appearance:AkitoHis tattoo marks look like math symbols and numbers.

Personality:Strict and uptight. You hardly see him smile or laugh. Though people say when he does smile it is hot. He loves math and gives tons of it as homework.

Class Taught:Math

Evil/Good Side:Evil (aren't math teachers always evil? laugh.gif )

Cat:His name is Algebra and he is stubborn and oddly enough loves math. His talent/power is to always seem to know what goes on in his class as well as always be able to solve math probs. (teachers have powers to in the books))

Edited by akiraa

Koko stepped in front of Akira and kneeled down so the girl would be able to see her. “Cheer up, Akira,” She said, “It’s Drama. People are going to be too busy actually having fun for a change to notice who else is in the front half of the room. And if it is that big of a problem, I’ll sit at the back with you if you want.” She smiled again, and hoped Akira was one of those people who found that reassuring.

((YES! A TEACHER! laugh.gif A TOTALLY EVIL MATH TEACHER! FINALLY! laugh.gifxd.png ))

(I know right. Math teachers are always evil!!)

Akira just whispered "I.... I'll t... try to st... stay up fr... fron.... front..." She then sunk farther into her chair and, if even possible, turned redder. She scuffed her shoes on the floor more and kept looking down.

“Now, if you could just say that with half the amount of stuttering.” Koko sat down on a chair beside the still blushing Akira. A job, somewhat, well done. She could live with somewhat, they’d just met, what, fifteen minutes ago?

Crossing her legs Koko looked up to see the teacher walk inn to start the class. Time to see if she was as good of an actress as an archer.

((yes, maybe they go to college to learn to be evil? Oh, figured since gym has started drama might as well, that ok?))

Edited by coralkiki

(Yeah. Maybe the teaccher could call Akira up and she can show how good at acting she is.)

Akira just nodded and sank further in her seat. She was really really uncomfortable. She didn't like the thought of being in the front where all the other students were. She was still beet red and was looking down having her hair fall in front of her face the best she could. She then proceeded to scuff her feet on the ground more.

(Forum Username:Akiraa

Player Name: Akito Calculus

Appearance: AkitoHis tattoo marks look like math symbols and numbers.

Personality: Strict and uptight. You hardly see him smile or laugh. Though people say when he does smile it is hot. He loves math and gives tons of it as homework.

Class Taught: Math

Evil/Good Side: Evil (aren't math teachers always evil? laugh.gif )

Cat: His name is Algebra and he is stubborn and oddly enough loves math. His talent/power is to always seem to know what goes on in his class as well as always be able to solve math probs. (teachers have powers to in the books))

((Question before I accept this... And I dunno why I'm asking this, but what does that Good/Evil thingy mean? Like, mean evil or Kalona supporter evil like Neferet?))

(Means he's on Neferets/Kalonas side good means Zoeys and her friends side.)

"There's nothing to worry about." Achlys smiled at Akira, glad that there was at least one person more nervous than she was. She wasn't the best at drama, or at acting in general. She just couldn't manage to pretend that the character she was acting really was herself, or the other way around... Ironically enough, she was a great liar. She shook her head at her own thoughts, feeling somewhat bad that she was somewhat glad that Akira was nervous.

Opening her mouth, she couldn't believe she was about to say this out loud. They hadn't seemed like bad people, and she really hoped she could trust them, but if they were... Then she would just be giving them more ammunition against her. "I can assure you that if they laugh at anyone, it'll be me..." She was about to add a few more sentences, but the teacher walked into the room, and she took the chance to close her mouth. Hopefully her small admission had helped the girl with her nervousness.

In the meantime, Jacy had followed the cat to Spanish, arriving just before the teacher came, avoiding being late by a few seconds. "Thank ya, kitty!" The cat seemed to frown at him when he called it a kitty, but he merely smiled a cheeky smile at it and sat down on a chair. The air seemed to leave him like it left a balloon in a needle-factory when he remembered where he was, and he laid his head down on the desk. "I really detest having two languages in a row." Just then the teacher started the class. "¡Hola, alumnos! ¿Cómo estáis?"

Akira just nodded but didn't sink in the chair anymore but she also didn't blush any less. When the teacher came in Akira made sure to listen but still try to hide. "Hello, class. Welcom to drama. I am (mr/mrs.) *add name here* and I am your teacher. I hope you all have a wonderful time in this class." The teacher said she then picked up a list and said "Well I see we have about three new students. One of them seems to have gotten pretty good grades in drama in her old school. Can Akira Inoue come up here? I think we should see her at work." Akira blushed harder, if it was even possible, and stood up and walked up onto the stage. The teacher smiled and said "Will you please do a few lines?" Akira nodded and took a deep breath in and her blushing dimmed down to pink and she said perfectly "O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo?

Deny thy father and refuse thy name;

Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,

And I'll no longer be a Capulet."

With finishing Akira quickly scurried off the stage and back to her seat.

Applauding, Koko watched Akira run of the stage. Why on earth had that girl been so scared? She was... Koko couldn’t really think of the right word, but Akira was something. That had to be one of the first times she actually liked listening to Romeo and Juliette. Yeah, she enjoyed listening to her friends perform, even if it was a romance, but Koko didn’t consider Akira a friend quite yet. She probably would by the end of Drama or whatever class was afterwards, but Akira was still just some nice girl at the moment.

When Akira had left the stage, the teacher asked the other two girls, “Blaise, Avarielle, would any of you two like to showcase your talents?”

Edited by coralkiki

Akira went beet red again and sat where she was before and once again sunk in her seat. She loved acting and was fine on the stage but once off of it again she was quite shy once again and a little embarresed from acting. She looked at the two girls she now considered friends, kinda. She then started scuffing her shoes again.

(The class already knew there were three just to let you know. in my last post she said "Well I see we have about three new students" then asked Akira to come up since she saw that Akira got good grades in her old Drama class. tongue.gif )

Thinking it would probably end up being a terrible mistake; Koko stood up and volunteered to go. Searching her mind she chose a part from Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream. She had somehow managed to memorize those six lines, though how she had managed, she didn’t remember. She had probably heard Ellie-Jane say it one too many times. Taking a deep breath Koko started to recite, a little shaky at first, but getting steadier as she went on.

"If then true lovers have been ever cross'd,

It stands as an edict in destiny:

Then let us teach our trial patience,

Because it is a customary cross,

As due to love as thoughts and dreams and sighs,

Wishes and tears, poor fancy's followers."

Finished, she quickly walked of the stage and sat down again, her cheeks a tad bit red.

((oops... tongue.gif editing that out xd.png ))

Akira looked at Koko and whispered "You did... really well..." She then looked at the teacher waiting to see what was next. "Bravo Ms.(i don't know if I used the right one) Inoue, Bravo Ms.December. Now Ms.Blaise would you like to showcase your talents as well?" She said motioning for the stage.

--------------

Akito was already in his class getting ready for it to start later. He had a math book on everyones desk and had a pop quiz ready on his desk for when they came. It was 10 questions and pre-algebra. Algebra padded up and meowed and Akito smiled at his cat actually, of course no one saw it. "Ah Algebra, How are you doing?" "Meow" Algebra replied. Akito bent down and pet Algebra and said "Now then, what is 2x2?" "Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow" Algebra replied Akito smiled again and said "good job. four is corect." With that he stood back up and his smile dissapeared and he walked out the door and saw a (random NPC) student scurrying about "You, you should be in class." The kid froze and said "I'm lost, It's my first day here." Akito snorted and said "That is no excuse for being late. Now then how about we go talk to Neferet and see about a punishment?" with that he lead the kid towards Neferet's office.

(see evil laugh.gif )

“Thanks” Koko said, “Not as good as you were, though. It’s easy to see how you got good drama grades at your old school” She wiped her palms on her jeans and let out one final sigh. Acting, on stage, in front of a huge group of teenagers was truly terrifying. At least she hadn’t been the only one performing today. The teacher had wanted to see each of the newcomer’s talents so...

((All our characters are still Miss smile.gif Ms. is for an adult female or something like that, we're all still teenagers smile.gif ))

(Alright)

Akira blushed even more if possible and whispered "Th.. Thanks." she then sighed and wished she could act like she is on stage when she was off of the stage. She looked around a bit then went to staring at her still shuffling feet.

Achlys sat still, quite speechless after Akira's performance. That was... She would have said unfair if she hadn't had the risk of sounding like a brat, so she chose the word amazing instead. How could anyone be that shy one second, and then perform that well the next? It just didn't make any sense. Maybe this person had what she lacked; the skill to really believe she was the person she acted. She really hoped she didn't have to act...

Her fear came and went as the teacher asked if she or Koko wanted to show their talents and Koko volunteered. Then when she was done, maybe the teacher would forget about her... Hopefully. Well, she could always hope for a miracle, no? Her attention turned back to the front of the class, where Koko said a few lines from A Midsummer Night's Dream, a Shakespeare play. Come to think of it, Romeo and Juliet was a play Shakespeare had written as well, wasn't it?

She didn't manage to answer her own question affirmative before Koko finished and walked back to her spot, and the teacher turned to her. "Now Ms. Blaise would you like to showcase your talents as well?" Well... Damn. Why couldn't she just be forgotten in this one class? She'd answer any questions in math or science, even Vampire Soc if she had to! Why did she have to be called up in this one class?!

Against her better judgement, and with horror in her stomach, she walked quickly up to the front. Maybe everyone would forget it if she did it quickly? She doubted it, but still... Figuring that everything would go to hell anyway, she decided to do a Shakespeare play as well. The two other girls had done so, so why not continue the tradition?

"O, never

Shall sun that morrow see!

Your face, my thane, is as a book where men

May read strange matters. To beguile the time,

Look like the time; bear welcome in your eye,

Your hand, your tongue: look like the innocent flower,

But be the serpent under't. He that's coming

Must be provided for: and you shall put

This night's great business into my dispatch;

Which shall to all our nights and days to come

Give solely sovereign sway and masterdom. "

It was actually one of her favourite plays, which was why she remembered the words. Scene one, act five, Lady Macbeth talks to her husband, Macbeth. Not that she thought she actually managed to sound like that. She probably sounded just like she felt; like she really didn't want to do it, and wanted to get it over with as fast as possible. Very much like herself, and very little like Lady Macbeth. Shaking her head at herself, she quickly sat down on her spot again, a frown on her face.

((Mrs. is for married women, Miss is for unmarried women, and Ms. can be used for all. So it isn't really wrong to use Ms.))

Edited by Saikachan

(ah OK)

Akira looked at Achlys when she came back and whispered "I think that was really good." Before returning to looking at her feet.

-------------

Akito and the student finally made it to Neferet's office. He went looked around not seeing her and then turned to the kid and said "Sit, we will wait for her to return." The kid gulped but did as he said.

Neferet twitched into her office only to bump into Akito. She glared at the student next to him and raised an eyebrow. "What's going on in here?" She asked, her voice firm. I come back to see a stupid student with a stupid teacher. This should be good. She put her hands on her hips and looked at the student straight in the eye. "Well? What's going on?"

The kid shifted and Akito said in his matter of fact voice "This kid was wandering the halls when she should have been in class." The kid shifted again and squeaked "It's my first day, I got lost" Akito huffed and said "I do not find that as an excuse for wandering the halls."

((What are the punishments like at the House of Night? I don't think they were mentioned in the books... Then again I haven't read the books since I finished Awakened so I'm not sure if I remember.))

(I don't know, they never say, just make one up, like detention or something...)

((Eh? Not much life here... I'll post tomorrow sometime :3

As for the punishments... All I ever remember them saying was that no one dared to do anything, out of fear. And something about being expelled, and after too much time away from adult vamps a fledgling dies. Though, for this offense you might just want to send him along with a warning...))

(No cause Neferet is evil. tongue.gif she wouldn't just send any fledgeling off with a warning if she has an excuse to punish them, at least that's what I think.)