Krissi2197

House of Night: Semi Lit

Avarielle pulled her dark hair back as she listened to Lexi. She blushed slightly at the girls comments, trying to find something nice to say to the girl. It really didn’t seem that hard, she seemed nice, confident, popular...

“Thanks,” Avarielle said, “Lexi’s a nice name too. Umm, yeah...” She said, stumbling a little over her words, “I actually have no idea what just happened,” She used her thumb to point towards the target, which still had most of her arrows.

Avarielle looked a curiously at Lexi, “James Stark? I don’t think I’ve really heard of him,” she said, “I’m kinda new here, like to Oklahoma as well,” It was true, her family had moved to the stated a year ago, just arriving in the Tulsa area a month or so ago. "Should I know him?"

"You don't have to, but he's a pretty important person." Lexi shrugged. "He has a gift from Nyx... He's amazing with a bow and arrow. All he has to do is focus on a target -and that can be anything he is thinking of at the moment he shoots off the arrow- and he hits it... He told a story and it got around the school that he killed his... Well, he was at this Archery competition, and he wanted to win so bad he was thinking of who he was competing against because he wanted to beat him... Yeah, instead of hitting the bull's eye on the target, the arrow went through that guy." She frowned. "That's what I heard, anyway.

Plus he's the second Red Vampyre in existence, so I'm guessing he's a pretty important dude."

Akira halfed listened to the conversation then went closer and whispered "Um, who is Nyx? And what is a red vamp?" She shuffled her feet a little. She didn't like talking to new people since she was shy. At least till she got to know them, then she could be a chatterbox. She then started nervously fiddling with her hair wrapping it around her fingers.

Achlys glanced over at the other people shooting arrows, noticing that there was one girl who seemed to have hit the target more often than the rest of them... Wait... Did that arrow hit the previous arrow she shot? Her eyes widening she realized that it was indeed the case, and her attention snapped to the girl in question. She was talking to someone else, a girl with orange hair, and they mentioned... James Stark? Where had she heard that name before? Her question was answered pretty quickly as the girl with red hair explained who he was, and she nodded to herself. She'd heard that story before.

She was about to pull her arrow back and shoot when she heard someone ask who Nyx was, and she turned to where the voice came from. Someone didn't know who the Goddess was? Well, she wasn't very familiar with her herself, but she'd at least heard of her. "Nyx is the Goddess of the Night, and the daughter of Chaos. She's also the mother of the Vampires, I think..." The former was merely her knowledge of Greek mythology, and the latest was resent knowledge she'd heard from Neferet. "As for the Red Vampires... I'm not very sure, but I've heard that the blue fledgings who don't make the change are turned into red ones, and can turn into vampires that way... Though they're somewhat changed."

Edited by Saikachan

“Gosh...” Feeling like a complete censorkip.gif* Avarielle’s smile faltered. A guy who never missed a target, accidentally killed a person and was the second red vampyre in existence, and she had never heard of him? She listened as a girl with maroon hair came over and started explaining.

“Wait... Wait, wait wait. Let me get this straight. Red Vamps are zombies? Vamp Zombies? Is there such a thing?” Well, apparently there was, since they were standing here talking about it. Avarielle completely forgot about her newly found archery skills and started to listen more intently to the conversation. Apparently, she’d missed something during the move.

((Vampyres. ^^; *Grammar/Spelling Nazi*))

Lexi looked over at Akira, her eyes widening a bit. She must be new to this whole fledgling thing if she doesn't know who Nyx is... She was about to explain it when another girl came up to them and told Akira who Nyx was. She wondered if she would explain the Red Vampyres, but Achlys said she wasn't very sure. She also heard Avarielle mention she didn't know what they were either. Sighing, she explained it.

"I heard from Zoey Redbird herself that Neferet had something to do with the Red Fledglings... Most of the Fledglings now who don't make the change come back as Red Fledglings instead. They're like us, they change into Vamps the same way and stuff, except they're all constipated and stuff... Well, some of them. Most Red Fledglings now have turned good because of someone... Zoey's friend. I forgot her name... But yeah, if you want to know more about it, you should go to Zoey or one of her close friends. They know more about it than I do."

Edited by Krissi2197

Avarielle alternated between which girl she was staring at “let me get this straight...” She said insecurely, “red vamps, fledglings, whatever, are exactly like us, except they have to go to the bathroom? And I’m assuming Zoey Redbird is someone important as well, She hasn’t accidently killed someone has she? And Neferet has something to do with them? What about those creepy winged thingamajigs? Do they have anything to do with it?” She stopped the word flow, and waited for someone to come with an answer.

Akira nodded and whispered "Oh, OK sorry to bother you... Um Neferet is the freaky lady the cats run from correct? One of the cats hissed 'evil' when she came in to tell me my schedule change." With that Akira blushing hard from embaressment and shyness stepped a clumsy step back and tripped and fell on her but. She flushed more and whispered "Sorry" before standing up and heading back to her position still flushed. She shot again and being so shy and embarresed completly missed the target.

Lexi giggled. "I worded that wrong... I'm not sure if they have to go to the bathroom, and I don't really want to know, but I meant like... You know how vampires in those stupid stories are, right? Always bloodthirsty and stuff... Well, the Red Fledglings when they get what I think of resurrected, they're like that. Bloodthirsty. There's a bad group of Red Fledglings led by this censorkip.gif*y girl who I don't know the name of, and a good group of Red Fledglings led by Zoey's friend. They call her the Red One because I think she was the first Red Fledgling to turn into a Vampyre, though I'm not sure. Rumors around here change a lot."

She paused for a second, getting her thoughts together. She had heard about this House of Night before she migrated from her old one, so she knew a lot. I wonder when I should tell everyone here about my Affinities for all of the elements... I think I should talk to Zoey about it first. She thought to herself, looking at Avarielle when she mentioned Zoey killing someone. "Nope, not that I know of. And I'm not sure what Neferet did exactly, but she had something to do with the Red Fledglings.

And, no, the Raven Mockers have nothing to do with this at all... They're a whole different story." Lexi paused again to take a breath, glancing over at Akira. "She supposedly radiates Darkness..." I know she does, I can see it... I don't think they can... "But yeah, she's most likely the one who gave you your schedule change."

Edited by Krissi2197

((*pouts* When I started reading the book, that annoyed me so! I kept thinking "Vampires... You write it with 'i' not 'y'!", but I think both is allowed, really >.<

And I'll write the Jacy's intro after first period... No one has English first except for him.

Oh, and I need to go to bed now, so... Night~))

Nodding Achlys listened as the red haired girl explained, and she couldn't help the shiver than ran down her spine at the mention of Raven Mockers. She'd heard the legend of them, and the thought that they'd come back into existence was rather frightening. "They sound creepy..." She'd rather not be thrown repeatedly against a wall till she died from it...

Shaking her head she tried to rid herself of the rather disgusting mental image, and suddenly remembered some things they'd neglected in all the questions and explaining. The first: they were in class, really. The second: she didn't know either of the girls names. And why hadn't she introduced herself yet? Deciding to rectify that mistake at once, she opened her mouth intending to speak. "I'm Blaise, by the way... I don't think I know your names?"

Edited by Saikachan

((let's just ignore the vamp spellings shall we biggrin.gifunsure.gif ?))

“Okay. Creepy bird thingies are called raven mockers, Red vamps are stereotypical Count Dracula vamps, who either follow this idiot kid or Zoey’s friend. Neferet’s creepiness comes from something else than being as fake as a toy fish, And Zoey never killed anyone,” Avarielle pretended to tick things of a list in her palm.

Why couldn’t this world just be... not quite as complicated? Zombie vampyres, creepy bird-men and evil principals, how much supernatural-ness could one school handle? Avarielle sighed and started playing with her hair, as she put some of her weight on to her bow. This could be a looong couple of years...

Avarielle was brought back to reality by the maroon haired girl introducing herself. “Avarielle Koko December” Avarielle replied, “Just choose one of them, I’ve officially got too much on my mind to care what people call me”

((Hehe.))

Lexi smiled a bit as Avarielle while she got everything down, chuckling a bit now and then. "You got it all right." she said. "But I get a weird vibe off of Neferet... Don't trust her with anything. You might regret it sooner than you hope." She glanced around, picking up her bow and arrow and aiming at a target so the teacher knew they were doing something. She looked over at Achlys and smiled. "I'm Lexi." Glancing over at Avarielle, she raised an eyebrow. "Long name. I like Koko. Reminds me of that bird on the coco puffs box." She chuckled, then aimed at the target in front of her.

Closing her left eye, Lexi aimed at the bull's eye on the target and released the arrow, sucking her breath in through her teeth as the arrow missed the center by an inch or so. "So close..." she murmured underneath her breath, shaking her head. I prefer darts over this now. She chuckled mentally.

Avarielle was going to mention that the name Koko was meant more as a sign of her future vampyre-ness, since it meant night. Deciding against it she picked up her bow, following Lexi’s example. There would be plenty of time to scare them with her apparent ability to remember anything not worth remembering.

She chuckled lightly as she saw Lexi’s mouth move out of the corner of her eye. She had a tiny feeling about what she was saying. Avarielle aimed at the bull’s eye and watched as her arrow managed to squeeze inn along with the rest of the arrows already occupying the space.

Continuing their conversation, Avarielle came with a comment about Neferet, “I wouldn’t trust her either. She’s a back-stabbing, female dog,” She said, trying to find a polite way of expressing her feelings about the subject of conversation. “She’s fake. And I mean really fake, no one with functioning whatever’s would act like that, it’s like she isn’t hu- Vampire” she quickly corrected, firing another arrow.

Lexi watched again in awe as Koko shot off two more arrows. "I think you're running out of space there." She smiled a bit. "You're lucky you haven't split one down the middle... Stark does that a lot." She giggled softly and shook her head. "Maybe you have the gift of never missing a target as well." She joked, elbowing Koko playfully. "If you did, that'd become so handy in times like these."

((Dinner, it's why my post is so short. Be back in a bit. ^^))

Koko blinked a couple of times as her mind processed what Lexi had just said. Could she have a gift for never missing a target? All of her arrows had hit the bull’s eye so far, and quite frankly, every time her brother Alec had tried to teacher some archery, she’d never even been able to get the arrow to go far enough to hit the target. And that one arrow had almost split down the middle. She’d seen it bounce of one of the arrows that were there already.

Koko came with a loop-sided grin and a little huh, before she went to get all the arrows from the target. “What d’you mean in times like these?” She asked when she came back.

((Guess I'm calling her Koko as well, takes about half the time to write, enjoy dinner, I should be going to bed now... Lucky me here in Europe where it's 12 14 AM))

Akira listened and whispered "The Neferet person scares me and the Raven Mockers do to." She shot an arrow again and noticed Lexi closing one eye. Akira then whispered "You might be able to hit the bulls eye if you keep both eyes open." Her face turned even redder than it was if that was possible and she said "S.. Sorry." Before returning to shooting. She then said kinda quietly to all the girls "O..oh my name is Akira Inoue" Before returning to shooting her now not even hitting the target arrows. She couldn't stop blushing. She really didn't like talking to big groups of people she didn't know. Then not to mention she fell on her but.

(I'm suprised no one seemed to notice Akira fall on her but and how quiet she is. laugh.gif )

Koko noticed Akira’s tomato red face and sent her a reassuring smile. “Nice to meet you,” She said. “Is it your first day to?” Koko sincerely hoped so; she didn’t want to be the only one at this creep-infested school who had absolutely no idea what was going on.

She saw the teacher had started to look at the cluster of teenage girls standing talking and she sent him a cheeky grin and a little wave, firing an arrow towards the target. It hit the bull's eye again.

Edited by coralkiki

Achlys nodded as the other girls introduced themselves. So the girl who always hit the target was Avarielle Koko December, the girl with the red hair who seemed to know more than any one of them was Lexi, and the girl who'd fallen down was Akira Inoue. Come to think of it... "Are you alright?" She hadn't hurt herself falling down, right? It didn't look like it, and she thought she would have said something if she had, but one could never know. Besides, she did look rather quiet...

She walked back to her own practice, only a few feet away from the rest of them, and continued to listen. "It's my first day, too..." She suddenly remembered that she didn't really know these people... What if they were bad people? Well, they didn't really seem like it, but... She guessed she would give them a chance. It wasn't as if they'd even been mean, and it wouldn't be good to be rude to them just because she didn't know them. They could be really nice girls. She pulled her bowstring back and watched as the arrow hit the target a few inches away from the middle. Well, she wasn't all that good.

Koko heard Blaise say it was her first day as well and came with a relieved sigh. “Thankfully I’m not the only one who’s new here,” She smiled again and shot another arrow, “Maybe we can be lost here together? Personally I find all of this quite confusing.”

She put her bow down now that the teacher had continued over to the other students. Looking around, she started putting a little more weight on the bow as she tried to make up her mind about the three girls she was talking to.

They all seemed nice, and the fact that none of them seemed to like Neferet and all the other freaky things at this school was a good plus. Besides Blaise and Akira were shy people. Shy people made good friends, as long as you got them to warm up.

Lexi smiled at Akira. "It's better to aim with one eye closed... At least for me. It helps me focus more on the target... If I do it with both eyes opened, everyone around me is in danger." She chuckled softly. "Don't be sorry for trying to help. You're a nice girl. Hope you're alright from your small fall, by the way." she winked. "Nice to meet you, Akira. If you didn't hear before, my name's Lexi." She smiled again, then looked over at Koko, an amused look in her eyes. "This whole never missing the bull's eye thing is really getting old." she laughed. "Show me some new tricks. Though I know how to test whether your gift is true or not..." She pondered, then shook her head. "But more on that later."

Yawning, Lexi rubbed her eyes. For the first day at her new House of Night, things were going pretty well so far. She hadn't seen Zoey and her gang, though. I wonder what they're up to... She thought to herself, glancing over at Achlys. "It isn't my first day being a fledgling," she said, "but it's my first day at this House of Night. It's pretty good so far, but I'm missing Florida." She sighed softly. "And the warmth. I need to adjust to this new weather."

Koko stuck her tong out at Lexi, “Excuse me for still being in shock. Until this morning I’d never actually hit a target,” She gave a little giggle, and picking up her bow she faced Lexi. “Does turning the cute little Floridian Fledgling I’m talking to into a shish kebob count as a new trick?” She asked, grinning.

((krissi Don't worry about my joining any more, the power I had was taken so, *shrugs* Bai I guess. kill lennon as well))

Edited by freddyness

Akira nodded and whispered "I'm fine." and tried to shoot another arrow. Once again it completly missed the target. She was still to embarresed to concentrate. She listened and whispered "Happy to have met all of you to and it is my very first day. I had to ask the cat's for directions." She tried shooting another arrow, and calming down a little, actually hit the edge of the outer ring of the target. Now if she could calm down the rest of the way she could probably get a bulls eye. She took a deep breath in but was startled when she heard Me no Hoshi come up and say "Akira, stop being so shy, I was watching from the door." Akira looked down and said "But, I don't know them yet, I can't help it." Me no Hoshi sighed and said "They seem very nice, to me at least, and we cat's are very good judges of charecter." Akira nodded, and sighed and said "I'll try." to the others it probably sounded like nothing but cat noises from Me no Hoshi and Akira replying to them.

((Aww, freddy, don't you want a different power?))

Lexi's eyes widened a bit. "You know if you DID have that gift, you'd regret shooting that at me right after." She chuckled, then her eyes moved to the target that all Koko was using. "I suggest you take all those arrows off..." She said, looking a bit uneasy. "I'm sure the teacher will freak out if you split one of his arrows. Damaging school property isn't really the best thing to do on your first day here." She smiled.

Lexi glanced over at Akira's direction when she heard a cat mewing and Akira talking to nobody. She raised an eyebrow, putting her hands on her hips. "The cats told you the directions to here?" She asked softly. "You can talk to cats, or did they like... Just lead you here?" Lexi had heard about Vampyres and Fledglings with gifts like talking to animals and understanding them, but she wasn't sure about Akira.

Akira flushed and said "I... I can under.. understand c... cats and... o... other animals..." She said looking down at her feet. Or in this case shoes. Me no Hoshi sighed and said "Stop being so shy!" Akira gulped and said "B... but..." Me no Hoshi groaned and said "I think you are the shyest vampyre and human I have ever met." Me no Hoshi laughed a little to show he wasn't being mean. Akira smiled at her cat.

(If you don't mind can Akira also adapt some of the abilities of animals she has had A LOT of time with. Persay like adapting Me no Hoshi's (since he's a cat) abilities to be sneaky and run pretty fast as well as being able to sheath unsheath claws, which would on her be growing and shortening her nails to a very sharp point. If not that's all right I was just curious. biggrin.gif )