7sharps

My Little Pony

I was really looking forward to this ep because of Luna. Also, she's probably a bit darker cause it's nighttime in the episode. :3

Anyway, capslock princess was fun. xd.png

-Yes, she's had a rather large design rehaul (notice her mane? xd.png)

-I took it that she simply possessed the statue, but it's reasonable to imagine she could construct a Nightmare Moon appearance from magic. I don't think it'd be true 'shapeshifting', though. Word of Faust has stated that Nightmare Moon's evil is gone.

-Entirely plausible. Judging by when the first episodes took place, i.e. midsummer, the statue could have been a fairly fast creation to enhance Nightmare Night for that and future years. The legend may have been around for a thousand years or so, but nopony (except maybe Celestia, and who can blame her for not wanting to remember?) would have a good idea of what NM looked like until her return.

Also, this makes me wonder- would Nightmare Night happen to coincide with when Luna went loco and tried to make the night last forever?

Yeah, I get that, but she was just so CUTE in the last season. Though I do like her more grown-up appearance, I must admit that her mane does look a tad bit silly now... but I love how she comes in and her cape turns out to be made of bats. That is KICK-BUTT.

Eh, maybe Luna could call upon it by magic, but I don't know how she'd be able to do that from just looking at a statue unless she looked at a book or something of it beforehand. Or was slightly in control of her Nightmare Moon form the whole time. (Now that I think about it, this may have contributed to her transformation in some way.)

Yeah, I guess that makes sense, since people really tend to forget about things that have been gone for a little over a thousand years. So, I bet they just placed that there for the celebration. (God, it must have taken EONS to make that thing in such detail....)

Omgsh BRONIES! laugh.gif

Howdy. Big fan of the show myself. Glad to see there are other DCers that consider themselves bronies or pegasisters, too.

Luna is best pony. And Applejack and Fluttershy. rolleyes.gif

My current projects involve naming dragons after various MLP characters (though I've had to add surnames because I'm not the only one to have this idea!). Thus far, I have Fluttershy (One neotropical and one paperwing), Rainbow Dash (canopy), Applejack and Applebloom (both terraes, and the first terrae i get to gender male will be Big Mac), and Luna (nebula). Anyone else do these crazy things? xd.png

I'm interested in this MLP thing, having seen it everywhere but... It it girly? I don't really like girly stuff- despite having a huge soft spot for kittens- or shows where everyone has a high-pitched voice and is HAPPY!1!1!!!!

(It is, isn't it? >__>; )

I'm interested in this MLP thing, having seen it everywhere but... It it girly?

Just watch season one, episodes 1 and 2. biggrin.gif It'll give you a taste of what the rest is like.

I wouldn't say it's girly - I'd say it's... funny? Loony-toons-ish? It brings back memories of my cartoon days from looooong ago and makes me smile. biggrin.gif

Ah well, I can do random, crazy humour. I like that kinda stuff...

I'd just hate to have to abandon the MLPersona I made without even watching a single episode; I just liked the look of the animation and the fanarts I'd seen. She's even got a name, cutie mark and a job- Brassy Cogheart, a green heart in a dark grey cog, mechanic and alchemist-cum-engineer.

I'm interested in this MLP thing, having seen it everywhere but... It it girly? I don't really like girly stuff- despite having a huge soft spot for kittens- or shows where everyone has a high-pitched voice and is HAPPY!1!1!!!!

I've heard it compared more to "Tiny Toon Adventures" rather than something girly. They have to have a moral to the story, but I've grown to even like that part. Mostly it's not really the MLP you would expect.

I'm waiting for the episode today also...

No new episode today, it's a replay of Luna Eclipsed. New episode will be next Saturday.

funny thing i just a started to rewatch most of these types of shows. such as care bears omg

Was I wrong to hurl my earphones off and click off YouTube as soon as the title song for 'My Little Pony' started? Sorry, I have a very low humiliation factor, and I was sure someone was watching me... And laughing. O///O

I'm gonna try again, this time with the mute on when the credits start... If I can watch Atomic Betty and My Goldfish Is Evil, then I can watch this... I can do this, I CAN do this... You will enjoy it, YOU WILL ENJOY IT!

*steels her heart, girds her loins and charges back into the fray*

Was I wrong to hurl my earphones off and click off YouTube as soon as the title song for 'My Little Pony' started? Sorry, I have a very low humiliation factor, and I was sure someone was watching me... And laughing. O///O

I'm gonna try again, this time with the mute on when the credits start... If I can watch Atomic Betty and My Goldfish Is Evil, then I can watch this... I can do this, I CAN do this... You will enjoy it, YOU WILL ENJOY IT!

*steels her heart, girds her loins and charges back into the fray*

You're not alone. I too have an comprehensive HATE to opening theme song. I loathe it with a passion. I just can't stand it! Makes me want to kill myself to not have to go through that vile melody. It's unbearable.

Do what everyone does who can't stand the insanity and skip the damn thing. This is why they invented a fast-forward feature.

You're not alone. I too have an comprehensive HATE to opening theme song. I loathe it with a passion. I just can't stand it! Makes me want to kill myself to not have to go through that vile melody. It's unbearable.

Do what everyone does who can't stand the insanity and skip the damn thing. This is why they invented a fast-forward feature.

I will do... o3o

As soon as write two essays, grab some Shadow eggs, and satisfy my mother that I'm not going to drop of of Uni... biggrin.gif

I gave in and watched the first 4 or 5 episodes of this show, but I can't say I see what all the fuss is about. I like ponies, and I played with the toys when I was little, but the show just didn't do anything for me. I guess it's an okay children's show, but I can't understand why adults are watching it and are obsessed with it... can someone explain it? Am I missing something...?

I gave in and watched the first 4 or 5 episodes of this show, but I can't say I see what all the fuss is about. I like ponies, and I played with the toys when I was little, but the show just didn't do anything for me. I guess it's an okay children's show, but I can't understand why adults are watching it and are obsessed with it... can someone explain it? Am I missing something...?

Well... it's like this.

It genuinely isn't for everybody. Nothing is, if you think about it. You gave it a fair shot and walked away unimpressed. That's okay! smile.gif

But for some of us, it's really amazing. For me, I'm a cartoonaholic anyway, and I fall in love with cartoons regularly, and this I saw as brilliantly written and executed with the most adorable animation ever! The universe is so rich that you're able to dig deeper into just about any plot (perfect for someone who loves to overanalyze things, like me), and the characters are consistent, believable, and unique.

As for the obsession of a great deal of the world wide web... I think it's community. Most of us found out about MLP through some forum or another, and then got involved in another forum or something that revolved around MLP. There's fan art, fan music, fan fiction, role plays, cosplays... there's something for every talent. To enjoy something like this, and to know that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of people who are quirky enough to enjoy it too, is kind of comforting on those days when you feel like you're alone in the universe. We can all discuss, enjoy, and be obsessed together, and cheer each other on to new heights of displaying our love for the characters... and for many people, strangely, this evolves into displaying a sort of love for each other.

That's my take, anyway.

I LOVE the new MLP, I'm getting so antsy with all the season 2 episode delays every couple weeks. :C I've been watching it since around the beginning of this year, it's so cute and I love how well rounded it is with all of the ponies having different interests and liking different things.

New episode coming up soon this week. Felt like a forever wait since our last episode. Why must they make us suffer and schedule week gaps? >.<

I believe this next episode will be about Rarity and her sister Sweetie Belle.

Oh Rarity |D She cracks me up.

While Trick or Treating, there was a guy wearing a shirt that said 'Brony' and had Rainbow's shiloete and a Zombie mask. I walked up to him and said:

"You can eat my flesh in 10 seconds flat"

While Trick or Treating, there was a guy wearing a shirt that said 'Brony' and had Rainbow's shiloete and a Zombie mask. I walked up to him and said:

"You can eat my flesh in 10 seconds flat"

I would say: Wow! That T-shirt makes you about 20% cooler! You should get about 20% more candy.

BTW I think that it's spelled silhouette. Such a hard word .-.

EDIT: I want to do a poll. On a list, what's you favorite pony, 1 being the best and 6. being the not so best?

Edited by caramba2654

It was a good episode, but I was kinda surprised that this was the first episode without Twilight in it.

It was a good episode, but I was kinda surprised that this was the first episode without Twilight in it.

Really‽ I didn't even notice that! The only thing I thought that was out of place was Spike. I mean, he appeared out of nowhere just to write the letter...

(And yes, that is certainly an interrobang)