TJ09

2011-02-13 - Contest Prizes

What's the deal with holiday dragons anyway? You can only have two. Huge pain in the ass to build any kind of lineage with holidays.

This would have been my main problem had I won HM. I love hollies and fervently wish I had one, but as a huge even gen snob, their use as breeders is so limited I don't think I would have picked one. Now, a red cb stripe or cb shallow water . . . there are plenty of possibilities there. Frankly, I'm really, really glad I never had to make such a decision.

If you had read the contest announcement post, you would have seen GoN's, along with any non-Christmas holiday dragon and Bright Pinks, were on the 'you cannot request' list.

I thought so, too, but:

• Honorable Mention winners are allowed to request an egg of their choice.

• Honorable Mention winners can ask for: Any egg currently available in the cave (or via breeding), frills, Guardians of Nature, Holiday Dragons (Including Hollies, Yulebucks, Snow Angels, but not Valentines, Sweetlings, or Black Marrows), and vampires.

• Honorable Mention winners can not ask for: Prize dragons, bright pinks, "XD" or "<3" eggs, non-Christmas Event Dragons (Except vampires), dragons for which you are already at the limit, Neglected eggs, or Zombies (they don't have eggs to begin with).

Wait... so I could? 0 o... time to e-mail the all-mighty TJ and see what he has to say... *goes to do so*

Edited by sonictheonlyhedgehog

I thought so, too, but:

Yeah, I noticed x3 Edited my post to reflect this.

I could have sworn they were on the 'do not request' list... stupid headache making me stupid dry.gif

ETA: No, Sonic, apparently I screwed up xd.png GoN's do appear to be on the prize list. I made a mistake, and I shall punish myself for it by... eh... well, I admitted I made a mistake.

Edited by Dr. Paine

woooh!!

great V-day gift from Dragon Cave smile.gif we get to see the christmas prizes!! biggrin.gif

I am yet to spot a prize dragon... but I have seen a Holly egg already! Some of them would be fairly memorable like aforementioned holly egg... the custom codes help. =P

Try the DC wiki, the eggs should be there.

Or, uh, that pose right above me XD

Edited by RheaZen

Yeah, I noticed x3 Edited my post to reflect this.

I could have sworn they were on the 'do not request' list... stupid headache making me stupid dry.gif

Aw, don't worry. I do that all the time! 8D *gets a brick thrown at her* -conk- X.o *falls over*

Like I said, I might have to ask TJ. *shrug* It's not like I'm a 1st/2nd/3rd placer, though. Just kinda got confused, 'cause I'm still a bit of a newbie... especially on forums... *goes to awkwardly hide in corner now*

EDIT: Whoohoo! Someone actually used my nickname instead of my whole username! *wiggles* I might just be getting used to this whole forum thing... *dodges another brick*

Edited by sonictheonlyhedgehog

Sounds to me like GON's are on the request allowed list.

newbie or not if you got HM and did not get your egg PM TJ

Edited by kayla

I thought so, too, but:

What the hell is a "x D" dragon :|....it looks cool....

Edited by ericaUchiha

Like I said, I might have to ask TJ. *shrug* It's not like I'm a 1st/2nd/3rd placer, though. Just kinda got confused, 'cause I'm still a bit of a newbie... especially on forums... *goes to awkwardly hide in corner now*

Did you actually get an email from TJ saying you won? I recall someone posting a link for people to check whether they won, and before it was fixed, it was showing everybody as HM winners. A few people had their hopes raised and dashed by that.

Edited by Goslander

What the hell is a xd.png dragon :|....it looks cool....

This.

TJ's ever hatching, color changing egg.

This is the heart egg, which I actually had a hand in bringing about xd.png Good old Captain Planet jokes...

What the hell is a XD dragon :|....it looks cool....

its just one of TJ's joke eggs.. it simply hatches into another trippy colored egg.

lol, the <3 egg died.

Edited by ParticleSoup

newbie or not if you got HM and did not get your egg PM TJ

Recently did. ^^d Waitin' on any sort of reply.

Just need to be patient now. Thanks for helpin' out, guys. (I'm usually such a freakin' scardy cat when it comes to the thought of posting on forums. ^^;;; )

its just one of TJ's joke eggs.. it simply hatches into another trippy colored egg.

lol, the <3 egg died.

Just before Valentine's Day...

Poor thing must be heartbroken. Maybe the X'D egg broke up with it?

Heh heh, I said 'broke'.

Did you actually get an email from TJ saying you won? I recall someone posting a link for people to check whether they won, and before it was fixed, it was showing everybody as HM winners. A few people had their hopes raised by that.

Yeah. I did. Even filled out the 'prize-request' form the day I got the e-mail...

... but, to double-check... do you still have that link for checking whether people won or not? 0.o Just to make sure

xd.png just read about it on the wikia, that's freaking hilarious.

It was xd.png Stupid bug that ate the old news posts, I wish I could go re-read that xd.png

And I'm really excited to see the adult versions of these new eggs, too... there is some insane, evil piece of me that is hoping for something totally unexpected, or a like... fog patch. Because gazing upon the dragon would burn one's eyes out. Kind of like a god.

Ohhh! Can't wait to see the adults! I will be getting a 2nd Gen Prize Silver so I can't wait to actually see what it looks like. xd.png

It was xd.png Stupid bug that ate the old news posts, I wish I could go re-read that xd.png

And I'm really excited to see the adult versions of these new eggs, too... there is some insane, evil piece of me that is hoping for something totally unexpected, or a like... fog patch. Because gazing upon the dragon would burn one's eyes out. Kind of like a god.

xd.png It's times like this I wish I had of joined forums earlier, I missed to much.

And that would be awesome xd.png I hope we can see the adults soon, I'm curious now lol.

Edited by ericaUchiha