TJ09

2011-02-13 - Contest Prizes

Can someone please post the adult pics of these prize dragons ? (whenever they grow up of course)

Sorry id im being a bit selfish, cant stop my own curiosity. ninja.gif

THANKS!!!!!

and the egg sprites are awesome.

You'll be able to find the stages on the DC Wiki ^^

How many people got the prize eggs does anybody know that?

There were 50 winners total (5 first, 10 second, 15 third, and 20 honorable mention). So 30 new prize eggs just popped into existence.

Guys, I can't find that egg with the strange code you were talking about some pages ago, can someone PM me the code please?

wooow!!!! prizes are out can't wait to see them!!!

oh. saw them. awfully beautiful!!! congrats, winners!!!

Edited by ksew

Wow, how pretty! Congrats again to all the winners; can't wait to see what these prize dragons look like grown up! =]

~Feathers

Congratulations to the winners! The prize eggs are very pretty; can't wait to see what the hatchies and adults will look like. Hooray for the DC Wiki. biggrin.gif

Guys, I can't find that egg with the strange code you were talking about some pages ago, can someone PM me the code please?

Don't mind, I finally found it ohmy.gif I'd like to know who asked it, maybe a beyond suspicion user that everybody knows...

One of the bronze eggs got sick! ohmy.gif Aren't they supposed to be immune to sickness and stuff?

One of the bronze eggs got sick! ohmy.gif Aren't they supposed to be immune to sickness and stuff?

They're immune to death. That's good enough.

They're immune to death. That's good enough.

Thank Goodness. The egg I saw belongs to a friend of mine, and it would be rather bad if she had lost it. unsure.gif

Didnt TJ say these eggs are variants of the never before seen dragons? Is he trying to say that regular ones has yet to be released?

He's giving out never before seen dragons as prizes. These people are getting a dragon that has not (and will not) be released (kind of defeats giving them as a prize). We will be able to get these through the prize dragons breeding. :3

Stats and FAQs:

4/5 gold winners are public

3/10 silver winners are public, one of which cannot be linked to

10/15 bronze winners are public... unless the owner who broke his scroll link has the effing egg, in which case it's 9/15

At least 2 of the 50 winners chose invalid prizes and therefore have not received anything (at least not yet).

Honorable mentions have not been counted, but I've seen enough HMs talking about it that I think at least 15/20 must be public. For the most part, HMs have chosen to receive holly eggs; if there are exceptions, I didn't notice them.

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Currently_Being_Released has pix of the eggs. However, even if you spam-view the real eggs, they will not die-- like TJ's new-release eggs that are posted in the News, prize eggs (including HMs) can get sick but cannot die from sickness.

Prize eggs can be killed, abandoned, and influenced.

Gold, silver, and bronze prize dragons are not alts of existing metallic dragons-- they are different versions of a never-before-released dragon, the nature of which can only be speculated at this time, though Marionette claims to have seen the sprites (whether she is the spriter or merely has inside information, we do not know).

The gold/silver/bronze prize dragons are all CB and all breedable; we do not know yet if they will breed like rares or like commons. Gold dragons will breed gold, silver will breed silver, and bronze will breed bronze. It is not believed at this time that they can multi-clutch, as they are not technically holiday dragons.

There is no limit to the number of gold/silver/bronze prize dragons one can have on one's scroll.

The gold/silver/bronze eggs all have the same description, which is identical to the egg description of existing golds. However, this will not affect cave hunters, because...

The gold/silver/bronze prize dragons will not be dropped in the cave, as that would defeat the purpose of the prizes. There is a rumor that 25 of them will be randomly given out by leprechauns on St. Patrick's Day, but there has been at least one denial of this rumor (though not by TJ or a mod).

Did I miss anything? ^^

Edited by ArynChris

I saw that St. Patrick's idea and it is a cute idea but I'll go ahead and be the mod denial. I really doubt that will happen. ^^