TJ09

2011-02-13 - Contest Prizes

Hmm, there seems to be a bit of confusion stemming from semantic misinterpretation...

I posted a direct quote from the contest thread and bolded the 'variant' part. As I said, there is absolutely nothing suggesting 'alt' over 'description sharing'.

... Also, when did I become the turian councilor...

does anyone know who has one of the new prize dragon ? (: i'd like to take a peek , but go no clue who won one.

Eeeee!! I have my shiny prize! Thank you, TJ!

This was such an fun-filled holiday!

It's very pretty, but what a day to release them, less than 12 hours until the '11 Vals come out.

Alts? Would it be possible to breed a regular gold and get it or is it like a separate species kind of variation? If that made any sense. tongue.gif

To my understanding, these are all the same "new dragon" but they are gold, silver, and bronze variations (alternates being the synonym that I used). This does not mean that theses are gold, silver dragon "alts" as we like to call them. They will not be breedable from the current gold and silvers dragons, since theses are a new species all together. Hope that clears things up tongue.gif

I would PM TJ and ask (or go to the tree-prize link again and see if you can fill it out again). :3

OH... by e-mail or a PM?

*smacked with a giant "NEWBIE" sign*

I wonder, did anyone actually choose anything, but not cb Holly as a HM prize? Smt like cb alt, coloured Striped or a cb hybrid?

Ooh, purty eggs. I WANT. SO. BADLY. *twitchtwitch*

Can't wait to see what they look like as adults.

Hahaha! I just saw a Holly in a hatchery and thought!

"Impossible!"

I was about to post it here when I realized the prize dragons had been given out. xd.png

Congrats again!

Really lovely eggs, specially the silver one ohmy.gif. *hopes to get one of each someday*

I really like what people asked for custom code, specially Aamaranthine's xd.png.

To my understanding, these are all the same "new dragon" but they are gold, silver, and bronze variations (alternates being the synonym that I used). This does not mean that theses are gold, silver dragon "alts" as we like to call them. They will not be breedable from the current gold and silvers dragons, since theses are a new species all together. Hope that clears things up tongue.gif

Oh. Thanks.

According to TJ's first post they will be alternate gold and silver dragons and bronze will be a new metallic. So I would assume that they will match the eggs and be different sprites entirely from the current metallics.  wink.gif

Uh, I don't know what first post you're looking at, but he said in the contest thread:

The first, second, and third place winners will each receive a variant of a never-before-seen dragon. Let's call these variants gold, silver, and bronze. First place gets the gold variant, second place gets the silver variant, third place gets the bronze variant.

EDIT: I change my mind. Contests are unfair.

The first time I saw one of these, I thought the Golds were (finally) getting a revamping, but no, turned out to be a prize dragon. I've actually been stalking Commander Wymsy to see when they came out, because I didn't think TJ would post a news thread.

Edited by ~!~

there so pretty the eggs are humm I wonder if the gold and silver are the same as the rare ones in the cave or not.?

Different.

Uh, I don't know what first post you're looking at, but he said in the contest thread:

EDIT:  I change my mind.  Contests are unfair.

The first time I saw one of these, I thought the Golds were (finally) getting a revamping, but no, turned out to be a prize dragon.  I've actually been stalking Commander Wymsy to see when they came out, because I didn't think TJ would post a news thread.

I don't see how it's too unfair, these things will breed true. It's no more unfair than people who caught CB hollies back in '07, or people who got leetle trees. The only difference is that the community chose who got the dragons.

Edited by Dr. Paine

there so pretty the eggs are humm I wonder if the gold and silver are the same as the rare ones in the cave or not.?

No, they are a never before seen breed.