TJ09

Grammar Patrol

same with adopted eggs. they arent stolen they are saved...shouldnt that too say "egg adopted on" or "egg saved on"

But they were either stolen or laid first before they could be adopted. It could be nice to add an adopted date to them, but it doesn't replace the date that they were first created.

Not really an error, but a bit of an eyesore:

"Once they hit adolescence, hatchlings change quickly, maturing to their full forms in only 2 years."

Everything else in the generic dragon description is written out. Can it please be "two" instead of "2?"

A bunch of corrections have been queued to go out, and I've removed their posts so I know that whatever is left hasn't been fixed/verified yet.

What this means, of course, is in the period between now and the time the corrections actually become public, a bunch of people are going to see something, see it's not already here, and post it.

As a solution, please hold off on reporting any typos in old content (that is, anything that predates this post) until the changes actually goes it. Chances are it's already been reported and looked at. If the typo is still around after a while then you should post it.

EDIT: ITT: People can't read.

EDIT: ITT: People can't read.

That's kinda harsh, it'd been over a month since you made that post and the changes still hadn't been made, so it seemed they fell into the "still around after a while" category...

"Two-headed Lindwurms are a strange breed that are usually only be seen at night..."

Should be:

"Two-headed Lindwurms are a strange breed that are usually only seen at night."

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Carnival Set, first paragraph: "expalin"

End of second paragraph: "neither all the same or all different" should say "neither all the same nor all different"

Visiting Esmeralda shows a dragon with a name tag that is clearly not Esmeralda. smile.gif

The last wonder in the house of marvels: "will sure to please" should be "will be sure to please"

Edited by Ruby Eyes

On the first page of the Carnival Page

If you are here today to visit the resting place of a lost loved one, don't hesitate to visit our souvenier shop, just past Esmeralda's booth. Perhaps you'll find the perfect token to lay at the tombstone.

Souvenier should be souvenir.

Never seen before, come marvel at the strangeness, the oddity that is The Barefoot Dino. Before now no-one even knew if the shoes came off and if a Dino had toes. Well Wonder no more, this fellow will wriggle his cute little toes just for you.

I'm pretty sure "Wonder" shouldn't be capitalized.

X

Edited by XiaoChibi

Set:

So you must choose three card that

(Second paragraph.)

If you don’t think you can make three sets, I’ll just gather them all upp

(Last paragraph.)

'The First Bite':

she was spared having lost two instead of of one
Edited by cfmtfm

New release nitpicking...

Nhiostrife wyverns are one of the few known breeds of wyvern with more than one set of wings. Because of their four wings, Nhiostrifes are very nimble in the air and have complete control their own movements with ease. When it’s mating season, males put up a very beautiful and unique air dance in an attempt to charm a female. The amount of stripes on their wings vary, with more stripes being more attractive, although most have only two to four. Their general attitude is very passive and curious—they only fight if they themselves or their family are in danger.

I'm pretty sure that should be "have complete control over their own movements" or "control their own movements with ease."

On.

Also, the use of singular and plural in the third sentence is inconsistent. It says "males" put on a performance to charm "a female."

Also

Nhiostrife wyverns are one of the few known breeds of wyvern

Shouldn't here be "breeds of wyverns"? I don't think anyone says "breeds of dog" or anything d: Or simply "breeds of dragons" since "wyverns" is repeated twice.

Edited by Light Concorde

Not a big issue, but all the other breeds of wyvern (which would lead me to disagree with your above thing, Light xd.png) have the word "Wyvern" capitalized at the start of their descriptions. So instead of "Nhiostrife wyverns are one of the few known breeds of wyvern..." shouldn't it be "Nhiostrife Wyverns are blah blah..."

Their general attitude is very passive and curious—they only fight if they themselves or their family are in danger.

Perhaps "they only fight if they or their families". 'Themselves' is very awkward.

I had someone look over them for grammar but they didn't notice that stuff (and neither did I). orz; I'm so sorry about all the grammatical errors in the description. I do agree with you guys though.

How embarrassing /v\

Edited by birdzgoboom

I'm pretty sure that should be "have complete control over their own movements" or "control their own movements with ease."

Also, the use of singular and plural in the third sentence is inconsistent.  It says "males" put on a performance to charm "a female."

I would just go with "Because of their four wings, Nhiostrifes are very nimble in the air and have complete control over their movements." No need for 'own'.

Also "males" and "a female" are fine if it's a group of males all competing for ONE female.

Shouldn't here be "breeds of wyverns"? I don't think anyone says "breeds of dog" or anything d: Or simply "breeds of dragons" since "wyverns" is repeated twice.

Wyverns can be used twice because the first is part of the name, but the second is the type of dragon it is. Wyvern doesn't have to have an s if wyvern is able to be both plural and singular, but I think proper plural for that word has an s so it would be added.

"Nhiostrife Wyverns are one of the few known breeds of wyverns with more than one set of wings."

When it’s mating season

I would say "During mating season" instead.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

In the Encyc facts on the Black Dragon, it spelled flyers wrong, not sure which one is right though, since I don't English well tongue.gif

In Basic Anatomy:

"Black dragons are skilled fliers."

In Adult Behaviour:

"Blacks are skilled flyers that..."

In the description for Harvest Dragons it says:

"In the winter they retreat into large caves and hibernate until spring, living off the fat they have built up."

But in the Encyclopedia Article, under Adult Behavior it says:

"In the winter, forage almost constantly (albeit slowly). In the spring and summer, spend about half of the day foraging."

I assume they meant to say "In the autumn..." Which sort of makes this a typo-type thing, right?

Edited by WatersMoon110

The waterhorse dragon encyclopedia has a misspelling in the anatomy section. "This breed has unusual dentation, featuring specialized teeth for breaking shellfish." It should be dentition.

Dentation refers to an angular or toothlike projection of a margin. Some leaves are dentate.

Edited by ainisarie

Balloon dragon encyclopedia entry: "Omnivores, leaning towards Herbivore."

Herbivore isn't a proper noun and thus doesn't need to be capitalized. smile.gif

Encyclopedia typo:

In the description on the scroll and in the wiki, they are "Yellow-Crowned dragons"

In the Encyclopedia both the rollover (alt text) and the listing has them as "Suncrowned Dragon"

Encyclopedia error for Undead: "Hatred of light is actually due to the inability to dialate their pupils. They literally cannot see in all but the dimmest environments." Should be dilate. Also, I believe that this whole statement is the opposite of actual physiological fact. Normally, the pupils dilate (enlarge) in darker conditions to allow more light to enter the eye. So if their pupils cannot dilate they would have difficulty seeing in the dark, not in the light.

Encyclopedia error for Undead: "Hatred of light is actually due to the inability to dialate their pupils. They literally cannot see in all but the dimmest environments." Should be dilate. Also, I believe that this whole statement is the opposite of actual physiological fact. Normally, the pupils dilate (enlarge) in darker conditions to allow more light to enter the eye. So if their pupils cannot dilate they would have difficulty seeing in the dark, not in the light.

Yes, this should read that they're unable to contract their pupils, or that they are permanently dilated.

Pygmy observations: "anyways" is not a (proper) word.

Gold dragon observations: Have studied humans to a small degree but are not particularly impresssed with them.

Three s's in impressed.

In the Encyclopedia, Copper Dragon's entry:

Appearance/Basic Anatomy:

"A copper dragon’s scales are smooth and tightly attached to their bodies." > Shouldn't "Copper" be capitalized?

Diet:

"Though they are very capable predators, Copper Dragons make sure they kill quickly and cleanly when they hunt." > This is the only place in the whole entry where the word "dragon" is capitalized mid-sentence. Either the word needs to be capitalized in every other dot point, or the "D" should be lower-case here.