RheaZen

Rhea's Art

i used the same colors as i used on the adult,

user posted image

not much contrast, eh?

Zov, shiny doooo.

wonton, the pose is much better, but the whiskers and the flipper are still odd. Leave the whiskers out and make the flipper less flat. The wing arm also ought to be thickened around the shoulder area - that's where all the muscle is.

Mm, 's not so bad, Sand. The S2 now?

Well, not it looks more like the wing shoulder comes off the neck, so move that down and thicken the shoulder area just a little more. The fin should be made thinner - I'm s'posing that it's held flat against the body while the seal is swooping like that, so we should see more a side angle, which would be thin.

Mm, 's not so bad, Sand. The S2 now?

Not anything that needs to be changed? O_O

wonton - a bit. Bring the wing shoulder down even more, and smooth out the jags.

Sand - looks fine, just bring the membrane down a bit on the body. Also, what about the other wing?

Herfderf my own stoof:

user posted image

Shinies killing me ;_;

Nyeh... try the angle we'd tried on the adult. At a smaller scale it might be easier.

The white needs to invade the pink more. ^^ Otherwise you lose your contrast. Looking very shiny and sleek, though! <3

Rhea, could you maybe give some critique on these sprites please?

user posted image (female)

user posted image (male)

And for reference, the original sketches: female and male

They're for a dragon request and they need to be perfected so we can finally start on the colouring. I know the nose of the male has problems, but the only way of fixing it that I can think of is adding a few pixels to the bottom. But the sprite is already at the maximum allowed size.

Anyway, all your critique (and if you have time for it and want to do it, redlines would be very helpful) is very welcome! And thank you in advance for your time smile.gif

Yes, if a bit discombobulated. Yay spring break, boo school :(

mudclaw - the forelegs are a bit large and the head a bit blobby. More contrast might also help.

Sand - Ehh, make the wing position mimic that of the adult's. Right now it's positioned too far back. Also, are you gonna make a thread for this guy anytime soon? I'd suggest doing so sooner than later, as then you'll get more crit and help.

wonton - a bit better, though the wing arm still bugs me. There's a bit of a bump on the end of the tail. Try shading now?

Rhynn - Hmm... Female: back hind foot is a little skinny, especially around the toe area (only a few pixels thick), so beef that up. The tail has a bit of a flat part, all the way to the right. Back wing?

Male: From what I've heard, a pixel or two over 100 is fine, so long as you don't abuse it. You could probably shave some pixels off the top by slightly changing the curve of the back wing. The front forepaw is a little too fat (especially compared to other paws) and the front hind leg's anatomy is a little off, it looks like you made the calf area a bit long. Also, for both the front hind and fore legs, turn the paws/legs a bit so that they're sort of facing more towards us.

Thanks a lot for the comments! Here's the updated versions:

user posted image

user posted image

I'm still not really happy with the female's foot, I can't really get it to look good... so you have any suggestions on how to make it look better? I did make it a little bit thicker already. Oh and the back wing is partially hidden by the head, check the sketch (linked in my previous post) for a better view.

I pretty much remade the entire back leg on the male, it looks better to me now but I'm not 100% sure about the anatomy.

Ah, I see where the wing is now. They both look better, and the anatomy on the male's hind leg should be fine, it's just at a bit of a weird angle that doesn't show the anatomy so well (and it's a proper weird angle). As for the female's foot... maybe shorten the does a bit, see what that does.

Thanks smile.gif The foot something like this? When I shortened the toes it looked weird, so I shortened the foot itself instead.

user posted image

Hm, that works as well, but... any way you could make it appear to be turned towards us just the slightest bit, as opposed to a pure sideview? That leg is also a little undermuscled compared to the front one, and the calf area is a bit longer than the front one as well.

Wookieinmashoo did some redlines on the female and it helped a LOT, as well as your comments. So this is the newest version, do you have any more comments? The foot looks way better now!

user posted image

Ah, yes, it looks much better! I can't say that I have much else to say (well, anything to say really).