dustpuppy

Do you try to carry on lineages of AP finds?

Pretty much what it says in the title. smile.gif

When you adopt an egg and find out it has a nice lineage (something obviously bred purposely), does it make you want to find a suitable mate and carry on the lineage?

If it does, do you prefer low gens where you're more free to be creative with the way the lineage will look, or do you like the challenge of finding a suitable mate for a high gen dragon?

I noticed that about 4th gen is ideal to trigger my personal "must carry on" reflex. xd.png

I would like to on some. Like right now I have a nice even gen pure bred electric. I would like to try to continue it.

Some I would like to, but I don't see it happening any time soon, like I have a black from a long line of gold X black pairs. I can't continue that line any time soon if ever.

Yes! Definitely yes. Dorkfaces, D'Hennegel, Thuweds, all types of lineages. I prefer any gen dragons.

Sometimes but I really don't do a lot of breeding.

If I find a (non-inbred) Dorkface or Thuwed, I'll certainly carry on the name. If inbred, I'll freeze it.

As for random stuff I find in the AP, I do have this 2nd gen that I decided to make into a stair step lineage. No idea if the original breeder meant to do anything specific with it or not. smile.gif

If I found a high gen egg from a very structured line, and I liked the look of it, I would carry it on, but I doubt I'll find that in the AP. If I do, it's probably a LiT or an egg from a multiple clutch. If I don't like it, then I might try to contact the breeder, see if they want it back. Would be nice to find something like that, but I don't have high hopes. I'll join a project if I want an egg like that.

I'm curious what pretty AP finds other folks will post.

got this in the AP at 3rd gen

bred a 4th then had 3 refusals, found an acceptable mate and trios stopped breeding dry.gif

will continue trying!

If the lineage is something nice and special ( like even gens) I try to.

If it´s just some random messy thing there´s nothing really to continue no?

I try to! I have a Yulebuck whose mother and grandmother are CB purples. I will definitely continue the lineage. http://dragcave.net/lineage/LZ2D

Also, the parents of this egg were given away free to me on the IRC, and I thought they would look nice together. http://dragcave.net/lineage/MZkK now if only I could find a similar whiteXgold egg I could breed to this black http://dragcave.net/lineage/cGJQ i'd have a mate for the next generation...

There are various kinds of things to carry on.

I have been fortunate enough to find both Dorkfaces and Thuweds on the AP, for which no LiT notice came up, and so I am including the lineage in the name, and giving them suitable priority in breeding. But they're late-gen with messy lineages, so there's nothing else to maintain.

Since the rename feature became available, I've also included other minor lineage last names. Since I use a naming system of my own, it's unlikely that I will create conflicts with what others would want to name their dragons.

I only recently became aware of other lineage properties some dragons may have.

I recently obtained an even-gen Red Dragon from the AP which has eight CB great-grandparents. I will try to arrange for it to have some even-gen descendants.

I even found a White Dragon which is the child of a CB white and a CB gold. This could be included in a lineage project, were I at some future date to have the good fortune to obtain a CB gold (and a CB white), but I doubt that I will achieve this any time soon.

Right now, I've only been doing a limited amount of breeding when the 5/4 rule had me locked for taking dragons, but not for breeding. I did that to get Shallow Water dragons (which I probably won't be doing as much now, having my Magikarp badge), and I'm still trying for a Geode and a Two-Finned Bluna. (I may breed some Shallow Water dragons to give away too, since it seems they're appreciated and won't clog the AP.)

Also, I'm going to start breeding Red Dragons so that I can have fifteen of them (which seems to be what's needed to take full advantage, given the cooldown time for Incubate, after the limits change goes into effect).

So far, I have a few commons and uncommons not yet on my scroll - Electric, Striped, Nebula. If I don't manage any rares, I'll eventually switch to simply rescuing commons to qualify for one Legendary - then I can trade for the other two, and presumably it might be possible to trade a complete set of three for a metallic.

Edited by quadibloc

Continuing lineages is fun. I remember when I picked up Cascade Clouds I just had to keep up that stair step. Messed up by not influencing the offspring of one I kept myself, but you get the idea of what it looks like.

I also pick up a fair number of 2nd gen skywing/water/deep sea crosses that I breed back and forth for 3rd gens of the various types. I picked most of them up when I was Bluna obsessed.

My current project is this stone. I'd love to start picking up 2nd gens from CB stone/magi/stripe x CB Yule crosses. So far I haven't found any, so I might have to start trading for them. I'd never get that silver though, but it's wishful thinking tongue.gif

LyHorse7 has dropped some beautiful PB Staircase Magis on the AP from time to time. I picked up Oma from one of these drops, and have the female line with two more gens, here and I have a few CB males in reserve to help continue the line. I have started a spiral as well with the oldest son, and his son, but do not yet have a mate for the youngest.

I have started my own Pink/Purple Staircase from a 2nd gen Pink, and have my 4th gen waiting for her potential mate to grow in hopes of a 5th gen tomorrow.

I have many others that I am working for Staircases or even-gens, (just got a couple of even gen Elemental Reds, very happy!) and I always try to give a nod to the named parents, currently including Dorkface, Sox and Paris lines among my babies. Even my 12th gen Water (one of my first four) is named for her 11th gen mother and a 2nd gen grandmother. biggrin.gif

absolutely. where do you think this came from? also, if there's a lineage name that seems to be carried on, i put the surname in the dragon also.

I do. I actually like looking through the AP for nicely-lineaged things to pick up and continue. I also drop things in the AP in the hopes that the lineages will be continued. :3

LyHorse7 has dropped some beautiful PB Staircase Magis on the AP from time to time.

I picked up one of their magi eggs once, and continued the cute naming theme - I actually had a similar purple lineage going on at the time and I joined the two lineages for greatness.

I try to. Ignus Lux,for example, was the basis for my little group of PB Embers, as I wanted to keep the pure lineage going.

I've also got a Dorkface, Dusk-Thuwed and D'Hennegel-Dorkface whose lineages I'm carrying on, as well as some other dragons whose naming schemes I'm continuing. For another breeding scheme I'm keeping to, there are Lady Ivoryfang andSir Zenith Snowwing, who will hopefully be able to continue the white stripe/snow angel lineage for me, even if I can't take it past third generation myself.

I have also recently acquired Atlantean Despair, for whom I would absolutely love to find a mate with the same sort of lineage.

Edited by LascielsShadow

Honestly, I don't care too much about lineages. Thus, I really don't care about carrying the lineages.

I have other things to stress about then lineages like whether or not I'll ever get a GoN.

Can't really say one way or the other myself, since I don't collect AP eggs. But I do love discovering that somebody has included one of my dragons' offspring in a nice lineage; that's always a pleasant surprise! biggrin.gif

I love carrying on lineages. For some odd reason, I tend to find beautiful inbred lineages a lot. I found this shallow water in the AP and made a matching even gen lineage from my own dragons. I bred them together and now I'm on the seventh generation.

I also grabbed this autumn with a beautiful inbred lineage. I'll be making matching seasonal lineages throughout the year and then breed them all together eventually.

Considering I'm only keeping eggs with lineages I like and that I want to work with - yep, I'm definitely carrying on lineages. Although it doesn't happen that often lately that I'm picking eggs up from the AP, more often I'm breeding myself and/or am trading. smile.gif

I also love to try to work with the parents' names and include them in my own naming system, if somehow possible. smile.gif

I always try to carry on lineages and if I find an egg with a specific name pattern I'll continue this!^^

Sometimes I even see that the catchers of eggs my dragons bred continue the name pattern which makes me really happy..X3

Edited by shiva_sama

If it is a nice lineage and I'm sure I want to breed that dragon, I try to find something suitable. Which isn't always that easy.. xd.png