dustpuppy

Do you try to carry on lineages of AP finds?

Awesome, already so many interesting stories! Maybe I'll add some of mine now:

My latest find was a 3rd gen Mint whose lineage I'm carrying on here; I think an Albino or White dragon would be a good next mate for a colourful stairstep.

Long before I got Pinks I found this red one and he gendered wrong, but I haven't given up the hope of coming up with a suitable stairstep mate... eventually... biggrin.gif

A 2nd gen find led me to breeding a row of these pretties, I'm really tempted to try to take it to the 4th gen too.

A greater challenge will be finding something good for a somewhat messy stairstep like this Snow Angel. Luckily I have a whole year to plan and breed. xd.png

Breeding lineages isn't something I've looked into yet, I'm too busy collecting the ones I want for now.

I do have a few that I've picked up in the AP for contenders though, and one day I'll get into it.

Will I keep names? Hmm, that's a tricky one. I can see things both ways. Anything put into the AP has been given up and the new owners have all the rights to naming. Having said that, if it makes the lineage look good to keep it then...

I don't know, I think I'm leaning towards starting my own theme of names.

Both i try to go on with lineages and i want to find perfect mates ^^ i love the challenge and i love to find cute lineages!

I love to find things like this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/EH16 Black and Silver

and i hope i will get a good mate for it

also once i got this thuwed http://dragcave.net/lineage/1Yrf and i got some others and then finally i had a cool mate for it ^^

if i find staircase lineages i defenitely go on with them!

Edited by bunnylein

If it's a particularly nice lineage, yes. I found this Water dragon in the AP, and plan on breeding her to a skywing with a silver/skywing lineage and making neat-looking Blunas. After that, I'll work on a magi/something lineage for neat looking Shallow Waters.

It's my first real lineage project, and never would have started it if I hadn't picked up that egg from the AP!

Honestly, I don't care too much about lineages. Thus, I really don't care about carrying the lineages.

I have other things to stress about then lineages like whether or not I'll ever get a GoN.

I don't even have all three of the Trio yet! Bummer! But if it's a Thuwed, D'Hennegel or Dorkface (or Dior or Red Sox) I will certainly carry on the name. My family of Dorkfaces has become QUITE nice! <smile>

I had found information on the Dorkface and Thuwed lineages easily enough in this forum and on the Dragon Cave Wiki. After hearing that the D'Hennegel lineage was illustrious, I Googled it, and found information about the original black dragons that carried that name.

I looked through my dragons, and I found one that had some ancestors named D'Hennegel, and so I added that to its name, now that there is a rename function. I had noticed Chase, because that name was carried on in two consecutive generations.

However, it doesn't seem to be a descendant of the founding dragons for that lineage.

I looked through my dragons, and I found one that had some ancestors named D'Hennegel, and so I added that to its name, now that there is a rename function. I had noticed Chase, because that name was carried on in two consecutive generations.

However, it doesn't seem to be a descendant of the founding dragons for that lineage.

Could it be a "lost" D'Hennegel? There are deceased dragons, maybe they were descendants of the original D'Hennegel and the line got cut off when they died.

As for carrying on the name... I do that with Thuwed and Dorkface and Dusk (Dusks shortened to D though because my only Dusks are also Thuwed AND Dorkface. I don't have any D'Hennegels... yet!). And twice I caught eggs with parents that have the surname "Tofucake"; I thought that was a funny name and kept it for the offspring. xd.png I wonder if the player noticed, and what they think about it...

Edited by dustpuppy

If I find something I'll try to continue it, but I'm more interested in starting them and seeing if people keep it up or not happy.gif Some times they do, others not, either way is fine, tis just another experiment of mine. biggrin.gif

If I find something I like I use to breed that dragon almost as much as those I breed once every week.

Though, right now I've some with nice lineages, but I haven't find the right mate for them... After all, I don't want to make a mess with the lineage, so I wait until I got the perfect mate for them.. ^^

Sometimes. I tend to pick up commons from the AP to freeze for my collection but if I find something really nice I might be inclined to keep it. Most of the lineages I tend to continue involve shiny things or blacks or holidays and I prefer even gens/checkerboard and staircases over mixed uneven ones. I'll keep a mixed uneven lineage if it's shiny/rare or has a lineage name to carry on. smile.gif I like to carry on lineage names, including family ones.

Could it be a "lost" D'Hennegel?

After my post, I looked into things further, and found that some of the dragons surnamed D'Hennegel in that dragon's lineage had su7245 as their owner, such as the Winter dragon Hiver D'Hennegel.

I think I may have misunderstood a forum post about someone's own experience with a specific D'Hennegel dragon from the AP to be the story of the lineage's origin, the way the Dorkface lineage originates specifically with Midas Dorkface and Shallyna'ar.

smile.gif i picked up this lovely from the AP recently, and would like to continue the pattern, though i suspect it will take a lucky FFA or a trade to find the right partner!

lineage link

Nerys

If the lineage seems worth carrying on and a suitable partner available, I usually do.

If it is messed up, I might name the dragon accordingly, but won't breed.

I love the surprise of picking up some AP-egg and finding an interesting lineage smile.gif

It depends on how long the lineage is and if I find it really pretty, I'll normally continue even gens if possible and pretty colour combos

Most Definatly, but I enjoy the callenge of finding the other match for a linage.

here's an example, I picked up this girl when she was an egg, and cought this one as an egg as well of which I hope it's a guy.

I do when they interest me. I found a lovely PB Maji staircase that I've added another 3 gens to so far: http://dragcave.net/lineage/QCkW

And I found another staircase that the originating pair's names were quotes from a TV Show & movie I love and continued used that as my naming scheme for the next three gens: http://dragcave.net/lineage/qTAU

I'm working on a mate for an even gen Thuwed I picked up a few months back.

I do when they interest me. I found a lovely PB Maji staircase that I've added another 3 gens to so far: http://dragcave.net/lineage/QCkW

Your Magis are part of LyHorse7's Fine Magi Line, and related to my Oma, a 9th gen, and dragons from other posters, already mentioned in this thread. LyHorse holds the record for The Longest Pureblood Magi Lineage. Yours are gens 22-26, and I think her personal line was at least 30 gens the last I checked, but are currently in the DC Records for 26 gens, matching your Eile Maji Fos of Eire. They are a pretty line, aren't they? biggrin.gif

The banner in my signature is from her post in the personal Lineages thread. wink.gif

I've tried with a couple, but often don't have suitable dragons. I try to at least keep them even gen/staircase while breeding if I at all can though.

Patterns I don't usually bother. Stairstep and even gen doesn't impress me all that much.

I've missed some other lineages . . .I don't keep up with them all and their requirements. My Pink DF's are all also dusks, but none of them carry the Dusk name because I didn't know it at the time. I have a D'Hennegal somewhere and I had a Witch Legacy (which I think was Aqua Rayure, who's parents are deceased now). Plus I have way too many dragons now to go back and check each one.

Nonetheless, the only reason I have most of my lineage dragons (except for BSL and my personal lineages) is I found them off of the AP.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/tkLs

Yup. . .even inbred, my jaw about dropped when I found him smile.gif.

I always try to do, I even try to always maintain nameing schemes if I realise them.

I really love it, when people continue Ideas I had, or try ro maintain naming schemes.

Today I found this egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/OQ1o first I wondered what names those are because I name my Autumn Dragon "Autumn"-Dri'shi, not "Fall"-Rei. Then I checked and saw that someone has caught two eggs I abadaoned named them in drow and bred them. Thanks to this unknown knowing person!

Until next chirstmas I try to get a fitting mate for my Jule: http://dragcave.net/lineage/0b5u I like this colouring scheme

Yes, I always try to continue nice lineages I find in the AP. I often hunt the AP specifically for nice lineages that I might continue. For example, I found this once. Unfortunately he gendered wrong so I can't continue the staircase, but I paired him to this silver (whose father was also an AP-catch of which I wanted to continue the staircase). I am currently trying to produce a nice mate for this nebula (I seem to have a lot of wrong-gendered staircases), I already found this, so it shouldn't be too hard. And then I found these two and paired them for offspring like this.

I've tried several time to find AP found dragons a prefect mate when I was a newbie... the hardest one was this bluna girl, I planned to breed her a mate but at that time it's very hard to find a cb skywing dry.gif After gotten 100+ of horses/ochredrakes (which remain as a shadow in my DC life tongue.gif ) and NO skywing I was desperate and went to a generous person for help. After that I hardly kept lineaged dragon... Now I just collect cb ones and breed my own lineages

Besides, I don't like to follow other's lineage name because I have my own naming system. The only 3 dragons carrying on their lineage name are 2 thuweds and a dorkface

Nonetheless, the only reason I have most of my lineage dragons (except for BSL and my personal lineages) is I found them off of the AP.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/tkLs

Yup. . .even inbred, my jaw about dropped when I found him smile.gif.

Definitely would have used "Dorkface Dorkface" for that one.

I got two 2nd-gen Whites I was going to lineageify but they refused, like the dorks they are.

The only dragon I know I have that has a genuinely pretty lineage was entirely by accident. Wauk is lost within his own mind. Here there be rainbows.