dustpuppy

Do you try to carry on lineages of AP finds?

not so much AP finds, as I don't hunt the Ap as much

unless looking for a specific thing

but any lines with a 'family name' I try to follow

For me, it is a critical part of the game. Who is this egg, what is its heritage, what will match well with it? My biggest frustration is finding an egg with a pretty lineage, lining up a potential mate, then having it gender against its influence. blink.gif

If I find an egg with a special lineage, I try to carry it on.

But if it's a lineage without a visible system behind, I just try to keep it an even lineage.

I don't breed messy lineages anymore, unless I breed a BSA dragon to keep the offspring for myself

I was looking through my guardians when I found a dragon that is related to the Heartless lineage! blink.gif I forgot I had it, since my names all wiped out when I left for a while. I never thought to check the lineage.

For people that dont know: Heartless lineage was around when I first joined in December of 08. I can't remember if it was very popular or not. I thought it was...

I have a harvest shimmerfail that has a really pretty lineage,but I obviously can't continue it.

ohmy.gif That's gorgeous!

I carried on two AP finds together in a similar way:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/rsToi

I've also been trying to breed a mate for a nebula AP find for ever but it's taking me a while. Usually I'll try and carry really nice ones on if I can, and if not I have a spreadsheet for categorising my dragons with lineages in case I get viable partners for them in the future.

In a way.

If it's a perfect checker and I can conceivably build a mate for it, I do. That's what I did for this girl, and now they have a beautiful boy, among other progeny that I sent back to the AP. I do the same for perfect staircases.

In cases of breedfails and other general even-gens with no discernible pattern, though, I try to select mates that will at least look good with the colors in the lineage. If there are metal or holiday ancestors, I often try to make sure the mate has those as well. I love mating tinsel/shimmerfails together. laugh.gif

With second gens, sometimes I'll checker them and sometimes I won't. Depends on my day.

I do enjoy naming after parents wherever possible. biggrin.gif

I usually pick up low time CB from AP. However,if I found something interesting, I would like to continue the lineage.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/uE3SZThis guy was found in AP, and I happen to find him a perfect mate when I was viewing the trade forum. And yes, it feel good to continue the beautiful checker lingage.

I try to carry on lineages if I can, but I don't go out of my way for them. Maybe I will later on when my scroll is more complete.

I usually intend to, but most of the time it seems like they just go on my list of "things I'd like mates for" and then I don't ever get around to it. >.<

I plan to. I have some I'm keeping for that purpose (plan to get around to them after I get some of my own lineages going). There's some deepsea shimmerfails I want to try breeding together.

I usually plan to, but then I wind up either forgetting or not having a dragon I thought I did. Though I'll occasionally get a nice one that's the start of a lineage I've been meaning to start.

I'd say no in most cases. Too much effort, except if they're stairs or spirals etc. I made an exception for my beautiful valentine '09 lady and her mate. This is what their kiddies look like -> http://dragcave.net/lineage/JaHoH The male was an AP catch. My friends over at DBC helped me breed her mate.