TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Actually I kinda figured we'd get a dragon topper. wink.gif

I'm only using a fraction of the available ornaments right now. I feel kinda guilty about it since I know folks put a lot of effort into making them, but I don't like crowded trees; they make me feel claustrophobic. LOL

Actually I kinda figured we'd get a dragon topper. wink.gif

oohhh that would be awesome!

I have one of the candles as my topper right now, but I'm sure that'll change. Most of my ornaments are off to the side waiting for me to make up my mind.

I am so paranoid right now O.o

Everynow and agian, when I click on my tree to edit the ornaments, they're in completely different places. Some are somewhere else on the tree, some are back in their original spot, and some are in random places on the screen. I did NOT move them.

...Am I crazy?

I'm convinced that everyone is doing completely epic and amazing things with their trees, (you all are, right?) does everyone else feel this way? tongue.gif

Everynow and agian, when I click on my tree to edit the ornaments, they're in completely different places. Some are somewhere else on the tree, some are back in their original spot, and some are in random places on the screen. I did NOT move them.

...Am I crazy?

No, that actually happened to me yesterday. I found ornaments in places that I know I had not put them. Everything seems to be in order so far today, though.

No, that actually happened to me yesterday. I found ornaments in places that I know I had not put them. Everything seems to be in order so far today, though.

Oh good - I thought it was just me - I went back for the second time today (obsessive ? Who ME ???) and my garlands and a few decorations had sort of slid sideways.

A question here - will our trees be LOCKED for decorating during the judging ? Cos if that happens to me THEN I will be VERY annoyed biggrin.gif

I still don't think theirs enough ornaments. Not for what I want to do anyway.

A question here - will our trees be LOCKED for decorating during the judging ? Cos if that happens to me THEN I will be VERY annoyed biggrin.gif

I certainly hope they won't shift then! Unless the judges like trees all askew! laugh.gif

Oh good - I thought it was just me - I went back for the second time today (obsessive ? Who ME ???) and my garlands and a few decorations had sort of slid sideways.

A question here -  will our trees be LOCKED for decorating during the judging ? Cos if that happens to me THEN I will be VERY annoyed biggrin.gif

Maybe there is a small hatchling that got into the room with the tree, and it hides when you come to work on the tree, but it comes out to play with the ornaments when you leave!

Seriously, though, I know the addition of a day's new ornaments seems to re-arrange the tree slightly. Could it be that, or is it something more?

I would hope, too, that there is a lock setting for the duration of the judging.

I just checked my tree and the garland was moved so that it was half on and half off the tree. smile.gif Now, I'm paranoid too.

I just checked my tree and the garland was moved so that it was half on and half off the tree. smile.gif Now, I'm paranoid too.

That happened to me, too. Everything else seemed fine.

That happened to me, too. Everything else seemed fine.

It happened to me, as well...I thought I'd forgotten to put it back in the right place after moving the ornaments around.

when I go to something else. then go back my garland is on top. when it should be underneath everything.

this just destroys my design.

edit: nm found a fix

Edited by Lunchbox

...Am I crazy?

Lagmonster sneaks onto your scroll and switches your ornaments ever so slightly while your sleeping to slowly drive you insane.

How the lagmonster stole Christmas D8! AND single handedly boosted insane asylum populations three fold.

I kinda wish the trees we were decorating were a bit larger. I'm already having difficulty deciding which ornaments I'm going to use and which one's I'll have to leave out. And we still have four more ornament sets that haven't been released yet.

I have a similar issue. I ornaments dont stay, the twitch around after I come back to the page, probably just my browser, though.

I'll have to decorat it at school then.

Hmm. My ornaments seem to be staying put.

I kinda wish the trees we were decorating were a bit larger.  I'm already having difficulty deciding which ornaments I'm going to use and which one's I'll have to leave out.  And we still have four more ornament sets that haven't been released yet.

o: if you could use all of them then there would be little variation between the trees, no? Zis is vhy we do zis, because it's much easier to make different looks when there are many options to choose from. If every tree has the same five or six ornaments it'd be hard to judge :3 because then there's little to set them apart, in fact even with the current amount it's STILL going to be tough. Makes sense?

Edit: Just for future reference D: I probably won't be back in time to post the credits on the front page for tomorrow's set of ornaments. Please forgive me x: I am spending some time with the familia before break is over. I will post credits and ornaments as soon as I come back. Fair deal?

Edited by Dis

I will post credits and ornaments as soon as I come back. Fair deal?

NO DIS. NO. You signed away your rights when you started posting these things. ALL YOUR DIS IS BELONG TO US.

...kidding. xP

My ornaments aren't moving. Odd.

I like have a crapload of ornaments and a small tree. It will definitely make it easier for there to be more unique trees.

Was wondering also if we'd have an update on the rest of the updates that were supposed to hit in the near future, like upping the egg/hatch limits and such. Still looking forward to that as well.

Hope everyone had a great New Year, and good luck with your trees!

Just for future reference D: I probably won't be back in time to post the credits on the front page for tomorrow's set of ornaments. Please forgive me x: I am spending some time with the familia before break is over. I will post credits and ornaments as soon as I come back. Fair deal?

Family clearly takes a distant second to DC in terms of importance. What are you doing wasting time with those meat bags?! /joke

Thanks for posting all the credits, must be a pain to organise all those little ornaments and label them.

darn, we went to my boyfriend's cousins house most of yesterday and i remembered the tree at 12:30 last night D:

oh well out of all the ornaments i didn't mind missing the yellow ones (yellow's not my favorite color)

I missed day 4 and day 7. The only two days I miss so far and they contain my favorite colors: blue and purple D: Oh well, hopefully I can do without

No idea if anyone's said this already, but if you're running out of room, you can put stuff under the tree. They snap into place instead of just floating, so it looks like they're presents. happy.gif