TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I must be stingy... I haven't given out a single 8, much less a 10. A lot of the trees I've seen are kinda average, 4-6 or mostly empty/super crowded trees, 1-3. I've seen some trees that took some effort (for example 2 ornament dragon trees), but the most I've ever given is 7... I think I'm a mean voter...

I've given 3 9s and no 10s... Most hover around 5.

I think that pic should be pulled, too.

Because we aren't supposed to share the trees. It takes something away from the voting.

Besides, how do I know you aren't posting it because it's yours? You make me want to vote it down because you're posting it here,

I do love all the traditional trees deco and I've been given them rather nice ratings. I think that eventhough there are hundreds of blue/silver or gold/red themes trees out there, all of them deserve our admiration because there is someone behind that tree, who took their time to make their tree as pretty as possible. So, for anyone to say that they are sick of the gosh darn tree on the gosh darn .. err.. you know what I mean... smile.gif, it's really such a shame.

When it comes to trees that displays bondage scenes however, dragons and ornaments tied down by garland, not one, not two but three ... trees that appeared to have something vomited ornaments on them and trees that screamed *HELP ME!*, I can't help but rate them low. It's all about aesthetic and while yours might differ from mine, I am the one voting so I really can't help but feel extremely sorry for folks who did that. I have no idea what their intention was, what their theme was, and whether they just thought that they MUST use ALL ornaments for the competition. Somehow, I have a feeling that some folks do because they created a very pretty tree but suffocating them with a lot of the ornaments/toppers that should be left out.

So far, I've seen some very impressive creative/picture/letter trees. I am not sure whether they have an edge over the more traditional trees or not, but for me, if it doesn't take my eyes away from the tree (this is tree decorating contest right?) and is tastefully done, then you'll have my good vote.

I am not sure how TJ is going to pick from the final 200 or what his criteria is. I hope he would look at both traditional and creative and that winners would come from both spectrum.

Because we aren't supposed to share the trees. It takes something away from the voting.

Besides, how do I know you aren't posting it because it's yours? You make me want to vote it down because you're posting it here,

ehh modds said you could post tree's. but if it affects you THAT much I'll just put a link . . .

What she said. Voting is supposed to be anonymous. Posting pix spoils it. I hope I don't see that one now.

What she said. Voting is supposed to be anonymous. Posting pix spoils it. I hope I don't see that one now.

thats just stupid. The tree is awesome, it deserves recognition.

Same here. It just makes me feel annoyed as opposed to enjoying the tree.

Plus it would have been so cool to stumble across it and be totally overwhelmed by the tree. But now I've seen it and know it's out there. When I see it again, I'll just feel bummed that such a neat thing is now lacking a shock value.

thats just stupid. The tree is awesome, it deserves recognition.

Yes it is, AFTER the contest is over and if it wins, we will BOW to the creator of that tree. But for right now, the only recognition it deserves is for folks to vote for it behind the scenes.

ohmy.gif Just found a tree where someone managed to layer the glass ornaments over solid colored ones.... the idea is simple, the layering difficult but perfect... the effect is stunning... my first 10

Same here. It just makes me feel annoyed as opposed to enjoying the tree.

Plus it would have been so cool to stumble across it and be totally overwhelmed by the tree. But now I've seen it and know it's out there. When I see it again, I'll just feel bummed that such a neat thing is now lacking a shock value.

I'm sorry but it just sounds like an excuse to vote down on the tree. And frankly thats just mean. Do as you wish.

Let's all not talk about that tree any more. Let's just progress with the voting.

I've been seeing more of the rainbow colored trees people keep mentioning! It's rather neat to see them. smile.gif

Added:

I just stumbled across the prettiest blue and silver tree I've seen yet! I swear my eyes popped!

Edited by Shalarean

I guess I missed actually submitting my tree. Oh well. It wouldn't have won anyways.

still voting here too

on a side note, anyone notice the cave is empty of all eggs?

none on front page and none in AP blink.gif

ohmy.gif Just found a tree where someone managed to layer the glass ornaments over solid colored ones.... the idea is simple, the layering difficult but perfect... the effect is stunning... my first 10

I just came across a tree like this! It looks so neat! It makes me wish I'd done something like this!!!!!

Merenwen, I haven't even thought to look in the cave yet...LOL

Edited by Shalarean

still voting here too

on a side note, anyone notice the cave is empty of all eggs?

none on front page and none in AP blink.gif

Yepp.... empty like my sock drawer.... but the link on the main cave indicates that there should be eggs on the AP site... very strange....

they are NINJA eggs ninja.gif

just woke up, and i had DREAMS about rating trees on DC last night!!! rolleyes.gif

it was funny though, because after you voted, it would give you an average of the votes on that particular tree in gold font. i just find it funny that i dreamed about rating trees, AND that TJ added the coding to show a trees rating *which people were asking for yesterday when i was on!!* wink.gif

Q: is the silver garland hurting anyone else's eyes? when i look it, especially on a silver and blue themed tree, it really hurts my eyes. not voting the trees down though, it just sucks that i can only look at those trees for a few seconds for fear of an eye bleed!! xd.png

Going to ask such a stupid question right now but... How in the world do you vote on threes? I've gone to people's scrolls and found myself completely unable to do anything. So I can't vote on anyone. Is there a trick to it I've missed or... do I need to say a magic word or something?

go to YOUR scroll, under generate incubator link will be a link that says vote on trees or something like that

I can't help but look every once in awhile for eggs

I go crosseyed at looking at all the trees

got 2 dinos...too bad I am suppossed to be grabbing pinks to try for an influence pink....I can't help but reflex click...do it for leetles too I laugh when I click then get the message I am at limit /facepalm

I just saw another 7...think I had 4 so far...

the little soldier guy was at the bottom of tree with a light string around him

and I thought it looked like he was packing, nice traditional tree so got a 7

almost clicked 8...I should have as I don't see too many worth over 5 :/

Foxxie:

You need to say please. Lol.

Haha just go to your scroll and there's a Tree voting link on the top. you'll see it.

Question: how do we see a tree's voting?

Question two: Does anyone know how many trees are there? I want to vote them all.. but I don't know how long it'll take.

I have that problem with both the silver and gold tinsel. I think it's really pretty, but man does it make my head hurt.

ok, good to know it's not just me, some weird eye condition!!! biggrin.gif and since i just woke up, it's actually much worse!!! *WAKE UP EYES!!! MUST.... VOTE..... TREES!!!*