TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Wow...

So far I've seen trees divided into three categories: over crowded (some due to the earlier glitch but others were obviously decorated that way on purpose,) average, and OMFG I WANT PLEASE.

...The ones in the later category are making my tree feel incredibly insignificant. *Pat-pats tree.* It's alright buddy. You're a good little tree. I still love you!

But there are some seriously creative designs out there; this includes some I would possibly have never even considered (this even includes how the ornaments are aranged.)

*Votes away.*

Wow I've probably seen 5 or 6 plain trees already :/ I wonder how many more I'm going to have to see

I hate my tree... xd.png

I fixed it the other day... And when I checked today, it wasn't saved and it returned to its previous design T_T

I haven't seen any 'Bad' trees yet, and as for the 'floaters' I am just ignoring them because seriously blink.gif not everyone is a computer nerd..... huh.gif

I can look beyond the background and just look at the tree.

I think some people are taking the voting too seriously. dry.gif

I just think it is wonderful that people participated and there are actually some really neat trees to see. Different types of talent biggrin.gif

Why do people submit their trees if they don´t even decorate them?

Ones where the dragon-tree-toppers are used as ornaments are sometimes fine, but if the head of one of those now-ornaments is covered by a bit of tinsel, you're not getting a very high score from me xd.png;

Phew, been voting non-stop for a few hours now, I swear my eyes are bleeding... xd.png Time to take a short break.

Now, I really wish I hadn't used the gold/silver garland and dragon toppers on my tree since they appear on top of all the other ornaments, like they have been on all these trees I've seen. dry.gif

With each passing tree, I feel more confident. tongue.gif I have yet to see one similar to mine.

Same here.

Although I am afraid that I didn't execute my decorating well (or that people won't get the reference). laugh.gif Oh well, at least I had fun! ^^

This is what I've been wondering. Since we actually have to click a button for our tree to be submitted, it most likely was on purpose... but why submit your tree when it's completely blank??

lol they forgot to decorate it after they submitted it?

I remember seeing a tree where the dragon ornaments were designed to look ancient and festive, with only their wings covered in a few Christmas lights *likes* smile.gif

I also liked the tree where the silver dragon was holding a bauble in its tail, and the glass ornaments were put over the colorful baubles. The effect was great!

Alright *pulls self away from voting* That's enough for tonight xd.png I have a whole day for this tomorrow. Good night, everyone! Good luck with voting <3

I could barely give a 10 Voting - I also saw empty trees and trees with floating ornaments (some may have a reason for that, but floating garlands next to the tree or above doesn't make sense to me)

Well, some people have been saying they decorated their tree a certain way and it didn't save as they had decorated it... perhaps these people did decorate, but it didn't save properly.

Edited by Khymarea

I've yet to see THE tree - all I've seen so far were either overcrowded without a theme, too empty and okayish-pretty but not OMG!want.

Considering that I *like* very full trees - so long as they have a visible theme (mine is full but I put effort in the pattern, though the casual voter probably won't see it :D) it's rather pitiful. The only whom I've given higher votes so far were not necessarily pretty, but clever.

That actually sounds creepy.

Funny, I saw one with a rather creepy smiling face. I think they were trying for a :D but it didn't work so well. For me, at least.

That actually sounds creepy.

Did it have a sweater-like arrangement, too? With the red and gold tinsel? I saw that one, and it seemed to blink at me, and it creeped me out. o___O

Just got one that looks like the nutcracker and the gingerbread man are walking through an arch, getting married. Made me grin.

well...

I have to be pretty honest ... and I didn´t see a really pretty tree till now

Just saw the tree with the glass bubbles over the normal ones, and I thought it was actually rather good.

It got the hightest rating from me.

Ye gads- some of these trees are fire hazards! biggrin.gif The more I look at my own sparse little tree, the more I wish I'd flourished just a wee bit more...