TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I didn´t see a tree that made me go all "awww"

Mostly, I saw trees that looked like the owner poured out a bucket of ornaments over it and submitted it ...

Those people like their trees, but, as my personal opinion, I find it too cluttered, too much and without concept *sighs*

Good one was a shooting-star-tree!

Wow, I guess the problems with the trees awhile back really screwed some people over.

I've seen at least 5 trees that were incredibly cluttered.

I'm currently voting - I could probably manage to vote them all, having enough time xd.png

But I must admit, those trees were all ornaments have been used, totally scare me ö_ö

I'm currently voting - I could probably manage to vote them all, having enough time xd.png

But I must admit, those trees were all ornaments have been used, totally scare me ö_ö

I know right?

I wonder if anyone else tried to take ornament light-sourcing into account when they decorated their trees?

I tried- with some ornaments it didn't really work, so I placed "darker" ornaments on the right side of the tree.

Edited by Khymarea

Maybe that one was mine? Was one side red and one side blue with a gold line down the middle?

I don't remember there being a gold line down the middle ohmy.gif The left side was silver/blue and the right was a gold/red. Left side had a silver dragon, right has a gold parrot tongue.gif

Finally gave my first 1, to a tree that was cluttered with every single ornament in no pattern or order, so much so that you could barely even see the tree.

My one and only 10 so far was to a simple gold theme that just worked beautifully.

.... This is addicting.

Finally gave my first 1, to a tree that was cluttered with every single ornament in no pattern or order, so much so that you could barely even see the tree.

My one and only 10 so far was to a simple gold theme that just worked beautifully.

.... This is addicting.

Actually I find it pretty impressive when the person manages to completely encrust their tree in ornaments. Not necessarily high scoring, but impressive nonetheless.

I don't remember there being a gold line down the middle ohmy.gif The left side was silver/blue and the right was a gold/red. Left side had a silver dragon, right has a gold parrot tongue.gif

That wasn't mine then, I didn't use a silver dragon. ohmy.gif

I just saw a pretty tree, like a rainbow!

Just the random ornaments on the side don´t fit <.<

I wonder if anyone else tried to take ornament light-sourcing into account when they decorated their trees?

I tried- with some ornaments it didn't really work, so I placed "darker" ornaments on the right side of the tree.

I did, yeah. smile.gif

I just saw a pretty tree, like a rainbow!

Just the random ornaments on the side don´t fit <.<

Ooh, what random ornaments? I know someone who did a rainbow theme, but I haven't seen their tree come up while I've been voting.

Edited by alyelle

Yes, I did the same smile.gif It gave it just a little bit more dimension. Though it's probably a bit subtle for people to pick out easily.

...and I already thought my tree was cluttered. It looks quite clean in comparison to some things I've already seen. :|

This. Some of these tree were awful. :c It might have been from the glitch but still.

O.O Wow did not see that coming. This person arranged the ornaments to make a snake down the middle of their tree tongue.gif It's a very nice break from the other trees I've seen!

.... This is addicting.

It pains me how many 1 to 4 votes I've already given. Maybe the system likes throwing random not-very-good trees at me. :V

I feel kind of bad for all the people who wrote DC on their tree. I'm thinking that at least some of them thought it would be unique but I'm seeing it more and more.

Also, if someone tried to make a picture out of their ornaments, I'll try to see it, but not for too long. I feel bad, but it's making my eyes cross to try to figure out what I'm sure looked clear the the creator.

I finally saw the tree that had the dragon made out of ornaments curled around the top.

That was pretty impressive!

This contest is so exciting! biggrin.gif

I've seen the good and the bad so far. Seeing so many cluttered trees makes it a challenge to stop and admire the hour-long effort some people put into making their tree look richly decorated while having a harmonious theme!

*goes back to voting carefully*

I just got one that submitted their tree without decorating it, or moving any of the ornaments from where they were at the very, very start of the event. So they are all stacked neatly off to the side and..not on the tree D:

And does it seem like the trees go in waves to anyone else? I mean, a large wave of overly cluttered trees followed by two-or-so not so cluttered trees, only to be followed by another wave of clutter??

sometimes I want to shake the people and ask them if they even tried! to decorate their tree, or if they only wanted to make it as full as possible ...

Or the other way round, maybe five or six ornaments and then nothing more, with the lights hanging halfway off the tree and such things

sighs

Oh, finally gave a 9 to a very tasteful silver-and-blue tree.

Oddly, I've not seen another tree looking like mine yet either.