TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

@SnowSherry:

Considering I've seen a TON that look like that, it's possible that it did submit like that. And maybe that's why there's so many? Because it's one big glitch?

EDIT: ...actually, I did see that exact one.

Edited by MysticTiger

I'm really getting tired of seeing the gold and silver garland. I keep thinking "Are you really not creative enough to use something else?" Heck even the little strands at least take time and effort to put on the tree!

^makes me glad I didn't use garland.

I just saw one with two treetoppers wound up together in a string of Christmas lights, as if they were trying to hang it on the tree but having trouble since they have no hands. Very cute.

Oh I saw that one! I gave it an 8 I think. I haven't seen a tree that yelled "9" or "10" yet. I'm sure I will

Those ones get bonus points from me for thinking outside the box. It makes for a nice break from the traditional ones that seem to make up the majority of what I've seen.

Is it really thinking outside the box if there's 50 of them, though? I'd like to see the traditional ones you're seeing, most of what have been popping up for me have been the all-decos-crammed-in, or "DC" ones... tongue.gif

I really dislike it when people use the toppers as ornaments. I've only seen one that was done in an interesting, cool fashion.

I just saw one with two treetoppers wound up together in a string of Christmas lights, as if they were trying to hang it on the tree but having trouble since they have no hands. Very cute.

B'awww, when am I gonna see a tree like this? OTL

I had a look at my tree now after a day of not looking, looks like it reset to this

This tree looks like I have some kinda syndrome going on and went off my meds

Holy crap, sorry about your tree. If it was a glitch then it probably won't show up like that OR someone will fix it(?)

Edited by geminigrl016

^makes me glad I didn't use garland.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen a few with garlands that look great! I'm just getting tired of the same thing over and over where the garland is the center piece and the ornaments are kinda...around it...

I'm sorry but this is really funny.

Now I'm really worried about my tree. Looking through the thread, my tree seems to be a combination of everything being rated low (traditional, using the toppers as ornaments, ect.)

I am confused. I thought all the decorations that weren't actually on the tree--but just floating around somewhere else on the page--wouldn't be visible. But I'm seeing some with, for example, a raptor just hanging out on the page not on the tree. Any ideas on how this is happening? If someone deliberately removed that raptor from the tree, but it's showing up anyway, that could throw off the voting.

I think it was supposed to be that if the ornament was faded then it wouldn't show. Some people may have just not put them far enough out and some people may have had ornaments "jump" if they didn't check it after hitting the submission button in the beginning.

Even if I don't win, I like my tree. I hope that you'll be able to view people's trees once the contest is over.

Also - I don't give high votes to ones that are decorated with only words or the like. It's not the same as decorating a real tree, that way.

Edited by Suzaku

I'm really getting tired of seeing the gold and silver garland. I keep thinking "Are you really not creative enough to use something else?" Heck even the little strands at least take time and effort to put on the tree!

Aw, I did both. I used the gold garland, but used the popcorn strands underneath each time it crossed to make it look cool. :|

I had a look at my tree now after a day of not looking, looks like it reset to this

~Removed~

rather than the one I submitted, I have no idea whether the one I submitted went through or this.. sad.gif

I actually think I saw that tree.

Sorry. sad.gif

Now I'm really worried about my tree. Looking through the thread, my tree seems to be a combination of everything being rated low (traditional, using the toppers as ornaments, ect.)

Ditto. Although, considering how many Katamari trees people have to go through, our trees probably won't rate as low as you think.

I actually don't mind the toppers...as long as they're used as toppers. Because they're obviously toppers. If a tree has a big topper as a topper then I tend to look at everything else cause I'm thinking "yeah, that's to be expected. It is a topper after all". It's when the toppers are used as ornaments or surround the tree that they bother me.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen a few with garlands that look great! I'm just getting tired of the same thing over and over where the garland is the center piece and the ornaments are kinda...around it...

The garland is pretty big, though. It's kind of difficult to make it less noticeable than the rest of your decorations, unless you really layer them on.

I used both the silver and gold garlands, but made it look like the silver one was snow on top of the gold. And I put the lights and popcorn over the garlands. So I didn't JUST use the garlands. xd.png

Edited by Suzaku

I actually agree with you. About 80% of the trees I've seen used them and it gets a bit redundant after awhile.

I kinda wish more people used popcorn garland on their trees(that wasn't hidden by tons of ornaments)

The crammed trees are starting to make me feel nauseous..AND I've never been a fan of gold. My eyes..DX

I've actually seen a couple that did that and used the toppers so well that they got extra points for me because of how badly they're mostly used. So you may very well be one of the good ones and actually do better because you used them. smile.gif

At this point I'm giving 1's to the katamari trees. I know some are probably because of a glitch, which are noticeable if you take a look at the layering. Others are obviously "I wonder how many I can stuff on the tree?"

@SnowSherry

:<

Sorry about what happened to your tree!

I agree with Drakrono: +1 on the way you described it. laugh.gif