TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Now I'm really worried about my tree. Looking through the thread, my tree seems to be a combination of everything being rated low (traditional, using the toppers as ornaments, ect.)

I wouldn't worry too much, I think in the end it's going to even out- the people who decorated traditional are probably going to vote for more traditional trees, and the people who tried to be creative will no doubt appreciate seeing that in other people's trees (with obvious exceptions). smile.gif

Edited by Khymarea

My biggest complaint is the flashing lights @_@ After a while, they really start to wear you down. I'm kind of surprised by all the katamari trees, I haven't seen many creative ones yet. sad.gif

My tree is silly and probably getting low ratings from everyone, but I love it anyway <3

I actually don't mind the toppers...as long as they're used as toppers. Because they're obviously toppers. If a tree has a big topper as a topper then I tend to look at everything else cause I'm thinking "yeah, that's to be expected. It is a topper after all". It's when the toppers are used as ornaments or surround the tree that they bother me.

+1

I just had a look at my tree

And just sat there and looked like sleep.gif ...

There are random ornaments AROUND the tree, that I didn´t put ON it ... they are not even NEAR the tree *huffs*

I feel kind of like a scrooge when voting sometimes ^^;; The overly cluttered ones, the ones that use all of the dragons cluttered together, and I can't, in good cheer, vote for the glitched ones TT; I'm sure they would have been nice, but, well, glitch. :|

But yeah, I feel mean, and will definitely have to stop soon or else I'll be in a bad mood soon xd.png;

I have the silver garland on mine, but the main thing about the tree is that the whole side is lined with the marble strings.

Kidna hard to explain, but I think it looked awesome.

+1

I think it's unfair to judge a topper, which may look nice as a normal decoration, wrong to be a normal decoration just cause it's a topper :/ I know you have your own opinion and that's fine, but still...

You know, I think that really, there's no need to be uptight over what anyone does or doesn't vote for (including yourself!) because what it comes down to is just differing tastes and standards. That's why the voting is randomized, anonymous, and open to everyone. So rather than sit here and fuss over "oh, I've seen SO MANY trees doing x same thing!" which, given the limited pool of ornaments, could be said of virtually any design choice, just go out and vote for what you like! Big deal if it's different from what other people like or don't like.

That said, I AM curious as to just how many trees were submitted.... and whether it'll even be POSSIBLE for a single person to get through all of them during the voting period. >_>

I just had a look at my tree

And just sat there and looked like sleep.gif ...

There are random ornaments AROUND the tree, that I didn´t put ON it ... they are not even NEAR the tree *huffs*

Yea I've seen lots of trees like that. Like really far away ornaments showing.

I actually don't mind the toppers...as long as they're used as toppers. Because they're obviously toppers. If a tree has a big topper as a topper then I tend to look at everything else cause I'm thinking "yeah, that's to be expected. It is a topper after all". It's when the toppers are used as ornaments or surround the tree that they bother me.

There've been mentions of creative use of those toppers. I've yet to see one, though.

But mostly, yeah, I agree with your post. Those things are giant and eye-catching, and it bothers me when they're used as ornaments (with no other thought than that).

Has anyone else seen the TJ shrine? I gave it a low score at first, but my mind keeps going back to it, and I'm starting to wish I'd given it a higher score.

And no, I'm not kidding. It's an actual shrine with the toppers looking up to the symbol, candles underneath it, and a heart in the middle of it all.

Heres How I'm voting:

Any trees that look like they have had some thought in them get a score of 5 or higher.

All silver schemed or gold schemed trees are becoming too repetitive but if I see you actually worked on it then you receive a nice score.

Trees that spell out TJ or any other word or smiley face is thinking out of the box but if thats all you put then don't expect a very high score. also trees with absolutely nothing or who just pile it on get a one...

Trees that receive scores higher then 5 are the ones who are not like the rest. For example ornaments overlapping other ornaments to actually create something is pretty creative to me or seeing ornaments interact with each other. Sometimes I see more interesting things happening at the bottom of the tree with the presents then the actually tree itself. These made me smile so expect a nice score.

Great work to everyone who spent time on their trees!

DC went down....

I'm assuming there's some issues being fixed... or it's the usual top-of-the-hour lag.

Another cute detail: one of the Asian dragon tree toppers was on the floor, sitting on a big red ornament, so it looked like a kid riding one of those bouncy balls with a handle on top. I'm not sure that was even intentional, but it made me smile.

I think it's unfair to judge a topper, which may look nice as a normal decoration, wrong to be a normal decoration just cause it's a topper :/ I know you have your own opinion and that's fine, but still...

I understand what you're saying. I'm not completely against using them as decorations, it's just that some aren't putting enough effort into it and it looks bad. :\

That's just my opinion.

-snip-

That said, I AM curious as to just how many trees were submitted.... and whether it'll even be POSSIBLE for a single person to get through all of them during the voting period. >_>

I'm definetly gonna try. I'm probably gonna do nothing but vote until every last tree has been rated. Though it'd really help if there was a counter, I don't like going through without knowing how far I am from finishing.

DC's back up for anyone who's curious ^-^ *goes to vote on more lovely trees*

EDIT: Or... not... >.> It was working a second ago I swear...

Edited by grishiu

Has anyone else seen the TJ shrine? I gave it a low score at first, but my mind keeps going back to it, and I'm starting to wish I'd given it a higher score.

And no, I'm not kidding. It's an actual shrine with the toppers looking up to the symbol, candles underneath it, and a heart in the middle of it all.

Hoh~I wish I'd seen that. Sounds fun! xd.png Despite how creepy it would be if someone did that with my name.

Edited by geminigrl016

I have not yet seen a tree that has the same decoration scheme as mine...

Yeah, I haven't seen one even remotely close to mine, either. It's starting to make me nervous. lol

I think I've voted on several at least twice. Or the designs are just so like one another, it just seems that way. Which goes to show, there is nothing new under the sun.