TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

WOAH! I saw one that created a makeshift angel as the topper. So cute. The head reminds me of the golden snitch. biggrin.gif

For those, you get a 10 from me.

I LOVE creative ideas, rather than just decorating.

I guess I don't have much Christmas Spirit. The ornaments were beautiful to look at but I couldn't whip up a nice tree to save my life xd.png

I've seen 1, maybe 2 trees where the dragon toppers have the individual light strings hung on them. I like those, they look cute

My grading rubric:

1: Unfinished, floaty things, no discernible theme or pattern

2-3: Shows effort, but little else

4-5: Shows both effort and fine motor control

6-7: Shows effort, fine motor control, and some taste

8-9: Shows all of the above, plus creativity

10: Jumps out and screams "I'm a 10!"

Edited by tigerUS

I just got this ADORABLE tree where the ornaments were made into a dragon and the dragon was putting lights on the tree. This is a definite 10 from me.

Aw, really?? Thanks! xd.png I just really hope that when people see my tree, they can tell what I was trying to do.

Yeah, really, if I see it.

I giggled. Most of these are getting 1-4s, but I've seen only half a dozen that clearly tried to make a "scene" rather than a DC-tree, face-tree, or "CRAM IT ALL ON" tree.

But that? You planned on that. Deserves it's recognition.

W00T! Voting time! *ish excited*

*wonders if anyone's seen her tree yet....*

Red/Gold/Silver theme. Silver Western topper with gold star in front. I thought it looked lovely~ Hope other people think so. biggrin.gif

I just got this ADORABLE tree where the ornaments were made into a dragon and the dragon was putting lights on the tree. This is a definite 10 from me.

I'll keep an eye out for that one then. Sounds awesome. smile.gif

My voting scheme:

1. I look at it, and if I like it or dislike it I vote accordingly.

Not a whole lot of thought is going into it, tbh. :/

edit: shouldn't describing your tree be placed in the same category as linking to one you liked or disliked?

Edited by Khymarea

Ok, I think I'm done for the night...I'm so tired I don't think I can vote fairly anymore...everything is blurring together! G'nite and good luck everyone! smile.gif

And if anyone runs into my 'tree monster' I hope he gives you a good laugh! >D

Edited by MedievalMystic

I just found one that spells out "DC Forever" Now that's talent.

Hey, I think I've seen the same tree.

(I think it's also my first "word" tree.)

I saw that one <3

Just saw a "Joy" tree. Loved that part but wished the tree was decorated on the sides too.

edit: shouldn't describing your tree be placed in the same category as linking to one you liked or disliked?

I wasn't sure. Should I delete my post?

I just saw a Star of David tree and thought it was a very nice idea. It got an 8.

Saw that one. I think I gave it a seven, which so far has been the highest I've given but for one of the first ones I saw that I gave a nine. It deserved it.

My voting scheme:

1. I look at it, and if I like it or dislike it I vote accordingly.

Not a whole lot of thought is going into it, tbh. :/

What it smacks of is people not having enough confidence they could get a high enough vote to win one of the prizes. Sure, there are a lot of trees to choose from, but lack of any effort will definitely ensure you don't get any accolade whatsoever. And there's sure a lot of that going on now. sad.gif

Just saw a "Joy" tree. Loved that part but wished the tree was decorated on the sides too.

I seen that too! And I agree.

I am confused. I thought all the decorations that weren't actually on the tree--but just floating around somewhere else on the page--wouldn't be visible. But I'm seeing some with, for example, a raptor just hanging out on the page not on the tree. Any ideas on how this is happening? If someone deliberately removed that raptor from the tree, but it's showing up anyway, that could throw off the voting.

The "DC", "YO", "TJ", "(Heart)", etc. trees are getting passed on by when they come up for me. Honestly, is this how people decorate their real trees? sad.gif

*joins everyone else bailing from the voting over crankiness*

Those ones get bonus points from me for thinking outside the box. It makes for a nice break from the traditional ones that seem to make up the majority of what I've seen.

Hm, I haven't seen some of the trees pointed out in this thread yet ohmy.gif I've seen two trees with hearts on them, and VERY creatively placed traditional trees ^-^ I'm also keeping my eye peeled here to see if anyone mentions my tree X3 *giggles*

I'm really getting tired of seeing the gold and silver garland. I keep thinking "Are you really not creative enough to use something else?" Heck even the little strands at least take time and effort to put on the tree!

Some of these trees are just... um... a mess. People apparently not realizing that their ornaments aren't faded, or deciding to throw absolutely EVERYTHING onto the tree.

I had a look at my tree now after a day of not looking, looks like it reset to this

~Removed~

rather than the one I submitted, I have no idea whether the one I submitted went through or this.. sad.gif

This tree looks like I have some kinda syndrome going on and went off my meds

Edited by _Z_

I've seen 1, maybe 2 trees where the dragon toppers have the individual light strings hung on them. I like those, they look cute

I just saw one with two treetoppers wound up together in a string of Christmas lights, as if they were trying to hang it on the tree but having trouble since they have no hands. Very cute.